Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Everyone's too ugly to be on the news. Their face is made for radio. Of course.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    StathanAarbrokSetneGwenithSheirosia
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Figuring out Shaman and melting @Kheoss, only to get hardcountered by Templar. New project time!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Stathan
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Rage at how exhausting it is to RP sometimes. Knowing that what your character is going to do is going to irk people and not being able to think of a way around it. Just how exhausting it is to stick to your guns on something and not back down because the player behind the character is a friend. Sometimes it hurts enough you apologize on skype/aim/clans and sometimes it bothers you enough you don't say anything because you know they are upset with you.

AliceDemarcusXenia
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Fitness fitness fitness fitness fitness

Ezalor
    Serrice said:

Fitness fitness fitness fitness fitness

It's more the 2.15 second dsks, clumsiness affecting me but not them, and the fact that if I don't keep lethargy stuck I die in five rounds without a lock, since every Retribution affliction is herb-cured and stackable with other afflictions in the same curing tree.

I'll figure something out, though.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    DSK isn't effected by clumsiness?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

edited June 2014
    It is, but accuracy blessing/aura mitigates it somewhat.

I did a couple of spars as Templar against Syssin. Very powerful. A bit of turtling needed if hypnosis get out of control, but fairly manageable. Little you can do except manipulating the environment to keep them in place, though.

Serrice said:

It is, but accuracy blessing/aura mitigates it somewhat.

Seems to be a total counter to me. I didn't see any clumsiness failures, but I'm not currently able to log, so I didn't get the chance to study it in detail.

I actually just thought of something really cheesy that might work, I'd just need to work in some manual handling on my end for kiting.

Either that, or I'll build a Purify Blood condition to mitigate Retribution train and go Bloodborn.

This actually belongs in the Love thread, 'cause winning all the time is no fun and having a hard-counter like that makes me happy to figure it out. If I can figure out Shaman and @Kheoss' friggin' offense, I can figure this out. <.<

Well, there's always tricks with force action hypno and camus biting.

Serrice said:

Well, there's always tricks with force action hypno and camus biting.

Camus is what I used to kill him when I did, but I don't know any force action tricks for it. Locking against fitness spam is too rough.

edited June 2014
    Camus does limb damage. You can tease out restoration applications, then hit with double epseth/epteth with a force restore on snap. The timing really has to be spot on.

Furtum
    Eh. Dead before I can ever land the condition.

I have an idea I'm gonna try, we should stop hijacking this thread and let people Hulk out on stuff again.

Signing off,

The Credible Hulk

• So last night I watched the game of thrones episide with the fight between the viper and the mountain.

I always mentally pictured @Toz as, well, being the Mountain. Rar, kill, massive, huge, rar, kill, I like killing, you're all so tiny, rar, kill.

Buuuuuut....

Oberon was the one with the spear that kinda represented a polearm reasonably well. And you're right @moirean, polearms aren't just for stabbing with.

So now, forever more, when I picture Toz, it will be Oberon instead. With an oiled dude bouncing on his knee. Which brings me to my rage: GoT ruined Toz for me!
    MoireanTrager
  • If Carnifex gets grappling fixed, we're going to have an insta-kill like that. Skull pop, it'll be called.
    Irruel
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Lim said:

If Carnifex gets grappling fixed, we're going to have an insta-kill like that. Skull pop, it'll be called.

There is no If, only Soon(TM).

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    RiluoMoirean
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Posting in the WRONG SECTION! RAWR! I HATE IT! RAAAAAGE!
  • @Serrice‌ dropping my combat tricks in here and not crediting me :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

It's entered public domain.

• edited June 2014
    My rage is monk audit is just terrible.

********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type Defences Miniskills Armour A. Total
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting 35% 0% 15% 38%
    Blunt 25% 0% 15% 30%
    Magic 35% 24% 0% 50%
    Fire 45% 24% 0% 56%
    Cold 50% 24% 0% 59%
    Electric 35% 24% 0% 50%
    Poison 25% 24% 0% 43%
    Psychic 15% 24% 0% 36%
    Asphyxiation 15% 24% 0% 36%
    *******************************************************************************

Fully deffed and I'm fully transcendant.

Then this happens,

Ezalor quickly lashes out with his whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter you in quick succession.
    Health Lost: 3042, blunt.

Granted, I had sensitivity, but still. That is close to 50% of my max health.

Now onto my real rage,

why were the reports meant to nerf monk all done, but the report that was supposed to beef up monk audit was not implemented, even though it was approved. I've asked all the liaisons I could get to and sent a message to Oleis, but I got no response.

Edit: The report is report 1660. I'd take boosted audit over no kai heal/ no transmute/ no numbness any day

Not to mention, kaido changes mean you only ever gain Kai in groups when they are focusing you, so good luck using your kaido skills to any benefit. You already nerfed banish spamming, I'm sure similar restrictions could be added to enfeeble if need be, or at least half the kai you gain from kainet, but why is there a need to nerf the entire skillset?

Rage: Stop making monk unplayable
    Stathan
    My rage is jumpkick spam.

RiluoSheirosia
    Ashmer said:

My rage is jumpkick spam.

Nerf an entire skillset, expect to get one used in excess to try and make up. Kaido was gutted in group combat as monks don't last near long enough to make use of building up any. As an Example. I die in roughly 3 seconds from 3-9 people walking in. the difference in how long I live doesn't change much because in larger groups generally there are 2 targets, so 3-5 people are still hitting me. I can hit max Kai in those 3-5 seconds but I can't respond to use it at all because I die so fast.

My rage is my main class receives a serious hit to our offensive capability and still remain number 1 on the priority list to kill even though we can't do squat if we don't get hit. Other than pray we get a limb break since pre-restore outpaces combo's by just enough that without blackout/blank up about every other combo you're not going to gain any ground. And yes, I'm taking into account the recent matches I had with Conner, and can honestly say the only reason I was about to beat him is a double break in blackout. I was trying to use Kaido as well, but, strike is pointless because a lot of systems auto-parry the limb you strike so you can't take advantage of it. I'd honestly take a change to kai strike so that the limb you strike can't be parried instead of delayed damage.

• (You can't see which limb kai strike hit, so if a system auto-parries the limb when you kai strike it, I'd love to give that guy/girl credits)

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited June 2014
    Toz said:

(You can't see which limb kai strike hit, so if a system auto-parries the limb when you kai strike it, I'd love to give that guy/girl credits)

Talk to Conner. When I started using Kai strike he kept the limb I hit covered.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Internet wifi, so slow. Can't believe I paid money for this, it's like being on dialup. :(
    RiluoIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I have to use it on the farm and it sucks :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • edited June 2014
    Dato said:

why were the reports meant to nerf monk all done, but the report that was supposed to beef up monk audit was not implemented, even though it was approved. I've asked all the liaisons I could get to and sent a message to Oleis, but I got no response.

Edit: The report is report 1660. I'd take boosted audit over no kai heal/ no transmute/ no numbness any day

Not to mention, kaido changes mean you only ever gain Kai in groups when they are focusing you, so good luck using your kaido skills to any benefit. You already nerfed banish spamming, I'm sure similar restrictions could be added to enfeeble if need be, or at least half the kai you gain from kainet, but why is there a need to nerf the entire skillset?

Rage: Stop making monk unplayable

This may be better for a separate thread, but whatever. To the first part - kainet was hilariously broken. In group fights, it was common for me to enfeeble someone (which costs 61 kai), and get that kai back before I got balance back from the enfeeble, thus letting me chain enfeebles endlessly. Same for endless kai cripples, etc. All the offensive abilities in Kaido are highly powerful, balanced out by being usable infrequently, and kainet broke that premise bigtime, hence the change.

Now, does the Monk class need more changes as a result? My gut feeling says no, but I haven't played with the class much yet (planning to do that), so I'm going to avoid commentary until I get some first-hand experience there.

On 1660, as I recall, it was omitted because the Monk mana drains have been significantly reduced, thus making it much more feasible to use blocks (evadeblock and bodyblock are not included on audit, and they beef up survivability against physical damage by a lot), transmute, etc.

Seir
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2014
    Does PNB still work in that the lower your targets health is the higher chance of it firing? AB says it does, but since AB's didn't get updated for a while there I'm not sure. I remember using it to great effect years ago by going for damage with pnb up, then BBt'ing off the pinch. No one really does this anymore (that I've seen). Of course, I also got TRB removed from the game after using it to sit in cat stance and TRB\BBT entire teams to death.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited June 2014
    Last time I tested it, Pinchblock was bugged not to give a message to the Tekura user. So even if it fires, they don't know it does. Unless that's been fixed, of course. Afaik, it has a chance of firing once they go below 50% health and attack you.
  • Left out of the gifting from Aetolia. Mom's day got 5 credits...Dad's get squat...

SheirosiaRiluoStathan
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    According to Chris Rock, you get the big piece of chicken.
    HavenSlypheSetne
This discussion has been closed.