Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• @Nalor, I know they post news posts, but I can't help but think that the promotions are known before at least a week before the 1st. Idk, was just something I was thinking about as the 1st is coming up. Perhaps an Admin could clear this up as to when they find out about the next set of promotions?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Yeah the info from the IRE mothership doesn't get beamed down in any particularly timely manner as far as I'm aware. IRE is kind of bollocks like that.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    When it comes to promotions, we usually get a "template" of sorts from IRE (We're doing a crown/token/iron coin sale this November!, etc.) but with lots of gaps to fill in. Take, for example, the vakmut racing. That was a very generic template that relied on a lot of gameside customization and brainstorming.

May's promotion is something we've done before with some significant new additions. That's all I'll say for now, as we're still solidifying those 'blanks'.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • edited April 2014
    Here's another rage. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH ENDGAME BASHING AREAS!!! Rawr!!!

Edit: By Endgame areas, I mean Lvl 100+ areas that give the equivalent xp as Tiyen, Volcano, and Xaanhal.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MoireanArbreRowenaVimi
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I wish the respawn times from the Great Hunt were normal respawn times. I can clear out pretty much everything top-level before they respawn, as can other geared out bashers - if more than one of us is out hunting, it's just silly how few mobs there are to go for, and it starts trickling down, with us going into lower level areas.
    Arbre
  • Moirean said:
    I wish the respawn times from the Great Hunt were normal respawn times. I can clear out pretty much everything top-level before they respawn, as can other geared out bashers - if more than one of us is out hunting, it's just silly how few mobs there are to go for, and it starts trickling down, with us going into lower level areas.
    @Ishin tells me to stop bashing ALL the time!! because I clear all the endgame bashing spots and woke my way around shapers/fen/ollin/drak .. @Moirean
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Nalor I've only asked you like twice you little punk <3

I know I came here to post a rage....what was it.

Wait it's coming to me......

OH YEAH.

I rage that I have to legit switch classes to bash certain places. I really wish all of our classes were moderately equal when it comes to bashing at least some certain places, you know? I don't like that I have to go Teradrim just to legitly tank any of the endgame bashing areas, it sucks. I should be able to do it in Syssin, or Shapeshifter, or whatever my native class happens to be :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • lol @Syssin bashing..

and yeah true but I've had many others complain and your a cool spot and wont go all PMS on me for mentioning your told me to stop @Ishin :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
    You can bash every area in every class, really. You just need a certain level of artifact investment, the right statpacks and/or certain buffs like favor, orbs, eggnog, etc. I've reached a nice threshhold with tankiness where I can funnel away survival bonuses and put them into spots that increase my speed/crit/xp gain. For example, I'm currently running typical statpack with enhancements into balance speed, str, experience and crit rate.
  • I can't figure out what is causing it (although, admittedly, I haven't been trying THAT hard to find out) , but for some reason, when I'm on my computer at home aetolia just... randomly, stallingly disconnects on me. It happens most at night, but anytime I'm not regularly inputting commands, it'll just... not be connected anymore. It doesn't even tell me that it's disconnected, and I can't tell it's stopped until I try to input a command and nothing happens.  It isn't even consistent intervals! Sometimes I can do nothing for an hour and I'm golden, but then often when I get into some RP, wonder why it's taken someone 30 minutes to reply to "How're you today?", think to QL to make sure they're actually still there and realize it's me. POOF! 

It's happened on zmud, cmud and mushclient... with and without mudbot connected, with three different systems (and when logged in with no system!), but for some reason, webclient is golden and never has the problem. Clearly something is wrong with SOMETHING on my end, but I'm just too computer illiterate to know what to look for and it gets so frustrating :(

Vimi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah that happens to me sometimes too. Same thing. Same sort of situation. Only randomly though. No real discernable cause.
  • It happens all the time to me for the last... 4 weeks? I've had to reconnect 10 or 15 times in an hour's span of time because it'd disconnect while waiting for a 3 minute emote response back and forth :(

Get up to refill my water, come back, realize I've DC'd again :( Why so often!

TeaniAarbrokVimi
  • I should not have to invest credits in artifacts or have a secondary class to bash effectively. 
    imageimage
    CarivahEmelleVimiSeir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There are plenty of bashing areas not designed for people with artifacts, though I don't really know which class you're referring to maybe it's exceptionally terrible. A lot of the 99+ ones were actually originally designed for groups too.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Aryanne: I've had the exact same thing happen to me too, over and over and over in the last few weeks. I've thought it might be my own internet connection, so I've sent those things to repair (probably needed to be checked anyway, since it's been shutting down to limited connection now and then on top of the game disconnecting). The game disconnecting this much is very frustrating. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wonder what the problem might be though. :(

Aryanne
  • @Aishia - I was specifically responding to Moirean saying that you can bash every area in every class, provided you have artifacts. Syssin hunting is painful. Some areas I just die in no matter how prepped I am. I shouldn't have to fork out cash to be able to effectively hunt in prime areas. Not that it matters much because I stopped bashing in bashing areas when I discovered elemental globes. :P
    imageimage
    IshinVimi
    Artifacts OR proper setup. Using the right statpack and available buffs you can handle pretty much anywhere in any class, I'm pretty sure. Remember, there are ylem amulets to mimic artifacts and there are tanky statpacks to give a ton of boost to your audit.

• Minarael said:
    @Aishia - I was specifically responding to Moirean saying that you can bash every area in every class, provided you have artifacts. Syssin hunting is painful. Some areas I just die in no matter how prepped I am. I shouldn't have to fork out cash to be able to effectively hunt in prime areas. Not that it matters much because I stopped bashing in bashing areas when I discovered elemental globes. :P
    I'm not entirely sure I agree with Moirean. I struggle in those areas even with level 2 tank arties to use as a base; I feel as though even with the ylem stuff I'd need a bit of defense in my build.

However, the artifacts came first. Then the players were asking for bashing areas that were a challenge. Yeah it sucks if you don't have them - but if areas were balanced around no artifacts then it'd be a bit boring to have artifacts.

I do agree though, that class bashing should be balanced better. I do understand that some classes trade damage for defense, or vice versa, but syssin get neither. Of my classes, syssin do the least amount of damage. Camus is so terrible that a 19-dex bite is worst than being athletic and garroting with a mediocre whip.

By comparison, shapeshifters do the most damage of all my classes - as they should given their weakness defensively.

Sentinel/Shaman are in the middle, with shaman doing more damage yet unable to keep that high damage while keeping a defensive build.

I'm not really sure what syssin are like defensively. 19 dex with weaving on is a lot of dodging, and dodge vs mobs isn't supposed to be subject to the same cooldown(s) as vs players. Ive bashed a little as syssin but not enough to form an opinion on that.

When bashing, I tend to try and chew through easier mobs faster rather than compete for mobs in tiyen, so beyond a few test runs and measuring DPS, I haven't bashed much as syssin.
    I do about 1019ish damage with 17 dex I think it is. Dex scaling on camus is fucking shit these days. I used to have Syssin bashing arti + fangs, but the damage was so horrendous that I traded them in and used the credits to get other things. Nowdays I usually bash in Shapeshifter or Teradrim, because trying it in Syssin is really just terrible by comparison.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited April 2014
    I'm sure it depends what mobs you're hitting, but I haven't hit that high with camus.
    By comparison, shapeshifter with 19 strength  - white, enhance str, stars, metabolise (can hit 20 with blessing), is just over 1400, albeit a little slower. Syssin dps is in the bottom half of the 300s, and lycan about 500. Sent/Shaman in the 400s somewhere.

Athletic monk with stacked strength, interestingly, is also quite low. I'm not sure of the why to that as I only played with it for half an hour or so. I could have been missing something, or it could be that as revamps have been going through, bashing has been upped for those classes, leaving the legacy classes behind.
    In wolf I do like 750ish per slash. Usually it's low 700's because I don't normally run amulets and stuff. I also have level 2 lycan claws and level 1 lycan bashing. Without that it's a good bit lower. I imagine with 19 str I'd probably hit for close to 800 a claw, at 2.92s each I think it was. So that's 5.84 total?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    It feels like a circular problem, doesn't it? I can agree in principle that bashing is a basic mechanic of the game that you shouldn't have to need artifacts to be able to do. But then people do get artis, and it makes the bashing areas easier and faster, and then the bashing suffers for everyone because there aren't enough areas that both challenge the people with artis and leave enough XP-giving mobs alive for the people without artis to kill,and then new, harder areas need to come out...
  • Trivial, ooc-related stuff being completely blown out of proportion just frustrates me to no end. After having a superlong conversation in a web, I just had to quit it and ignore a person because I didn't think Shakespear's mastery of the English language was relevant to the (relatively mild) mispronunciation of a few words in a youtube song. I mean, the song was pretty neat, I just personally thought that some of the words could've been pronounced better (like I said, it wasn't the end of the word, just 'must' sounding a bit like 'mast' and a bit of 'there' like 'thar'). Being called smug and condescending and oblivious to comparative statements and whatnot. Over youtube lyrics. It's partially my fault too, I can be stubborn and I was getting railed up after close to 20 minutes of hearing 'you are wrong because XYZ' when the discussion was originally about me not liking the song as much as another version of it. I don't know. This much drama over something that small just is... fail. I wish I could just reward and never have made the first comment that sparked the argument.

I honestly have no idea how to deal with the situation. I'm frustrated.
    VimiRowena
  • Ishin said:
    In wolf I do like 750ish per slash. Usually it's low 700's because I don't normally run amulets and stuff. I also have level 2 lycan claws and level 1 lycan bashing. Without that it's a good bit lower. I imagine with 19 str I'd probably hit for close to 800 a claw, at 2.92s each I think it was. So that's 5.84 total?
    Depends a bit on the mob, but that's about the figures I'm getting at 19 strength. With the damage orb against blobs, some blobs are under 750, and some are 770, for example.

I haven't hit 800 yet though, not even at 20 strength - do you have an arti for damage or something?
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I JUST RAGE

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

PiperTrigruIshinVimi
    @irruel - you might be missing something with your setup. I can autobash Xaanhal fine on Ariadne, providing I have all my buffs (orbs, amulets, refresh body, favor). When I am missing one, then it becomes a bit harder. She's Sentinel, and the only audit bonus for Xaanhal they have these days is cold resist.

For Syssin, you should be garroting. Syssin is kinda awesome fun to bash as, since with a decent str base and a decent whip, you are running around 1-shotting stuff. I feel insanely powerful when I bash as Syssin.

I hear shapeshifter is super OP. I haven't picked that up yet. I bash in Carni, because I'm a dork, and seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good bashing class. 
  • It's entirely possible I'm just a terribad basher (which is true), but I have a full set up of non-arty crap you can acquire, plus the bashing artifact from the chest and eggnog, still get trounced. That said - challenging areas suited to arti'd bashers is cool, so long as there are bashing areas that don't make people who do not LOVE to bash want to tear their hair out in fistfuls at the roots. Bashing is not fun. The way IRE is coded, bashing can -never- be fun for me. All it can be is an exercise in tedium I can somewhat lessen with the right system (basically because then I can use my dual screens to watch my system not kill me while I write stuff for my character). I just want an area that doesn't kill me every 2.5 seconds with decent return on time investment. I suppose you could argue that high level bashing isn't necessary to play the game, but with havens being what they are, there ought to be some middle ground from ultra insane and bashing way below my level just so I don't die (or spending a ridiculous amount of money in game/hustling/buying iron coins to acquire chests/elemental globes). 

@ Moirean - Apologies, I missed the right setup bit. 

@ Aelysia - Let it go. Some people live to argue. It's definitely not worth carrying for any length of time. 

imageimage
    Aryanne
  • edited April 2014
    My rage is how long it can take to get things like haven entrance messages approved. Shot Razmael a message a few days ago and hope he gets it soon. Been about 3 RL weeks since I put it in.

*Thank you to whomever went to approve it.
    imageimage
  • @Elwyn - I think Raz has been hella busy lately, I had stuff for my custom house to set up and took him a bit longer than normal to get to. Sure he's either been working on game stuff, or real life events, gotta remember he's one man! A sheep loving man, but still just one man!

In regards to bashing, I must be doing something different, cause I feel 30x tankier in Syssin than I do templar, but I do more damage output in Templar, but this conversation has gone in circles in like 10 different threads already.

I rage that Knuckles work for Monk/Zealot/Vampire, but Lycans have a separate artifact that does close to the same thing as beast claws. So for those of us who multi-class, it feels painful to buy knuckles AND claws, so I just don't get either. If they combined the two (I think at one point, they were), I feel like sales of knuckles or 'knuckle-claws' (Think Bronze Tiger from DC comics), would go up significantly, I'd buy 'em.
    edited April 2014
    It would be nice if there were more combined artifacts for multiple classes in general. 

Bit of a tangential idea, but one thing I really love about the Carnifex is how everyone brings their own spin to their role as a soldier, and that includes "skinning" their Carnifexing with the classes they play the most, eg Satomi might integrate Teradrim concepts into stuff while Moi fiddles around with Syssin-esque stabbing in close quarters. It would be really awesome if there was some way to bridge multiple classes together, not just for artifacts but in general. For example, if you're a Carnifex and also learn Teradrim skills, you can then dominate some sort of desert or sand hound, or whatever. It's weird to me that, in a game so heavily focused on RP, we kinda just "forget" everything from our other classes when they go dormant. Offering minor little thematic unlocks would be a pretty awesome perk to multiclassing and open the door to more RP fun.

/tangent
    IshinArekaBakhtuhSetne
This discussion has been closed.