Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Rowena said:
    Don't care about odds, just care about killing someone that needs to die for aiding a party that performed an aggressive action against the order. Running just delays it, which is in itself annoying as it wont go away, it will just sit there as a task waiting to get crossed off. Just rather end it. Also just rather if people didn't get involved in aggressive actions if they don't want to be attacked in return. It's easy enough to avoid conflict if you really don't want it, you don't need to go on forums and bitch about it. 
    Except this is the rage thread and really, teaming is pretty lame in and of itself, especially where lower-level combatants are concerned. That said, the person you've been lighting up deathsight as having assisted supposedly goes on and on about how they're they best so...not sure why they would think they need the help.

Angwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You know. Sometimes I wonder if the Aet rage thread is really worth having in our community. It can really do some good because things get out there and we can cool ourselves and things can get resolved. But other times...  :-w

Ah, well. Just the nature of things I guess.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    KatsziaCiarelleEmelle
  • It's just the business of protecting something. Ashmer and others might care about sect points, I don't. I just want to cross a name off the list as order work. I'm not a "pker," I use my own system on the web client and I just PK when it's necessary, usually to help out with Foci but also over order business. I didn't start the fight and I asked Tina to come because I wanted it crossed off and was bored at the time. It's just work for an org. The org shouldn't allow aggressive acts against it to go unpunished. The manner of the punishment doesn't really concern me or the character I'm playing. 
  • edited February 2014
    Then why oh why do you jump in with a NOU when someone posts about being teamed, without directly naming any names? Teani's rage is perfectly valid, and there are plenty of people who feel the same way about teaming. You weren't specifically mentioned, neither was Tina, so it wouldn't have been obvious who was being raged about unless someone was watching deathsight throughout the day. Also, lol at my post being pinged as troll. As if I'd even bother.

DaskalosPerilunaAngwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Rowena said:
    It's just the business of protecting something. Ashmer and others might care about sect points, I don't. I just want to cross a name off the list as order work. I'm not a "pker," I use my own system on the web client and I just PK when it's necessary, usually to help out with Foci but also over order business. I didn't start the fight and I asked Tina to come because I wanted it crossed off and was bored at the time. It's just work for an org. The org shouldn't allow aggressive acts against it to go unpunished. The manner of the punishment doesn't really concern me or the character I'm playing. 
    You might not like to PK. You might not think you're good at PK. You might not even PK very often. But the moment you try to actively PK, you're a PKer. :-P

The exception being if you're just defending yourself from an attack and happen to kill someone.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    XavinAryanneSetne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Mod yellow.
    Draiman
  • Arbre said:
    Mod yellow.
    You're no fun anymore :(

I'm no fun any less either.
    Xavin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Spent the last few days scrambling around, looking for information, and pursuing an awesome, interesting line of RP revolving around the Juxa Steelhew arc, and then I come back and find that all of the work I did was hijacked, and any plans I might've had were completely overridden after I had done everything else. Starting to feel like I should keep anything I find to myself next time.
    Maghak
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited February 2014
    You cannot accept your own challenge!
    H:5221 M:3760 E:25080 W:18900 B:100% Night [csdb eb]sect accept
    H:5221 M:3760 E:25080 W:18900 B:100% Night [csdb e

:/
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If you're referring to my stuff with Eyes, I was not trying to hijack or steal anything. I just did some basic stuff because it felt like something needed to be done. Nobody talked to me at all, either to say "do this" or "hold off". Duiran is very quiet. I don't think any RP arcs were stolen, though (at least by what Ari did), as it was just rather general promotion of activity. It's quite likely I'm missing what's going on.
  • Duiran has been overtly quiet since I got there. I really get the feeling that is the way people like it, or at least the majority of people who make it their home. 

That being said, there is always plenty of stuff going on, if you're willing to get into it. Just like there is plenty of room to just kind of quietly.. not. ( And I'm not really talking about the current arcs going on. )

I don't think anything @ariadne is doing is anything less than awesome, really, so even if you were the one in question I would say continue on with yourself.

KatsziaXavin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited February 2014
    Been that way since a little before I even started playing, in my opinion. Never been the same, even when we were doing well in the metagame.

EDIT: Honestly, I get sort of a retirement home vibe from Duiran. You go there, putz around, and get involved in your private stories and gods damn the world outside.

SolariaEmelle
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Naw, Phoe's talking about another thing, I'm pretty sure, to do with this new weaponsmithing business and some shield they think is going to be made??

• She is talking about the weaponsmithing arc yes. She wanted a shield, we didn't end up going with that idea based on the input of an npc. Could we have waited for her to be around? Yeah, we could have and I feel bad and all. But in the end I feel like we did what we had to do.

• Two cutters... one room. And then they magically appear in the room I ran to to Earthmeld. 
  • @serrice careful now. I said the same thing about Ascendril (re: retirement home) and somebody got upset. Apparently, nobody likes to admit things like that. :)
    TeaniSessizlik
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Whether they admit it or not, does not make it less true.
    Duiran's had its moments of activity in the past and maybe it's my memory of a more rowdy and loud org that makes me a bit frustrated sometimes playing a character there. I'm not very good at finding individual RP arcs and making friends for my characters. I usually get my RP through group stuff or org involvement, and so Duiran comes across as very quiet to me.
    /strong opinions about what Duiran is and should be.
  • edited February 2014
    @moirean gotta just go find the arpees. If you'd stop unliking me so much we could rp. :p And I won't even try to recruit you. Much.
    I don't dislike you. Far from it.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited February 2014
    Only time I remember Duiran ever been active was... really, before the second-to-last great war. Then everybody seemed to quiet the hell down. Then the last war came, people threw all their energies into the PK clans and winning, but there still wasn't ever any of that feeling of activity, just ridiculous semi-OOC revanchism.

I don't really know how Duiran was during that era. The last time I lived in Duiran was like in 2010, heh. Like I said, my perception is probably skewed, especially with time and nostalgia playing a part in what I recall.
  • Aetolia feels like a second, not very rewarding, job lately. This thread always make me feel so much better about that.
    Solaria
  • A lot of orgs in Aetolia are less active than I remember them, and a lot of orgs seem to like it that way. I felt like I had to change things up in a big way in order to keep my interest strong. 
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited February 2014
    attach flame to cube;drop cube
    You attach a flame-shaped sigil to a stack of 113 cube crystals.
    You drop a stack of 113 cube crystals.

You quickly pull your hand back as a flame sigil on a stack of 113 cube crystals singes your fingers.

die in a fire aetolia, die slow

edit: so happy you can still split stacks w/ flames attached... almost killed my security sweep tonight.
    Ishin
    O.o Since when can you even stack sigils...
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    They came that way when I bought them
    I guess that's my fault somehow, then. Nfi how tho :/ Sorry :(
This discussion has been closed.