Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    If you're a self-admitted non-fighter don't go trumpeting about PK balance. 

This is a totally unrelated and original rage for this thread.
    Xiuhcoatl
  • Time to relax. We're going to ditch this subject before it gets any worse.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @nalor - Yeah, I need to rewrite my entire concoctions script. It's pretty slapped together.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Realizing more ways in which I could have done the poisoning-Juxa thing and it worked better.  The admin didn't want her killed yet, so she wouldn't have been killed, but it would have been more IMPRESSIVE, at least.
  • Not having the money laying around to buy endgame. Curse you, globes.
    edited February 2014
    I lament that forestal apparently equals redneck these days. Half of the Sentinels and most of the mobs have these tiring hick accents.

Edit: To clarify, I don't dislike the accents in themselves. Just the oversaturation.
    SolariaArbreCiarellePerilunaErikka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @moirean to be fair, jensen's had his for a very very long time
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    My dumb butt for never finishing the Aberrations quest. Oh well. I DID IT NOW! 2little4late.
  • Moirean said:
    I lament that forestal apparently equals redneck these days. Half of the Sentinels and most of the mobs have these tiring hick accents.

Edit: To clarify, I don't dislike the accents in themselves. Just the oversaturation.
    I think that's just sentinel culture? Most of duiran doesn't do that.

• I actually like that prevailing accents come and go. In the Moirean --> Sibatti --> Kiyotan era of Duiran, you had a lot of very taciturn characters with clipped Aetolian: "You go, this my food", etc. As the population changes, players coming and going, it's only natural that you'll see a shift in dialect. Even for people who have lived there for a while, such as NPCs, it's normal to unconsciously imitate a prevailing accent. I've moved across the country and I always tend to pick up the local twang or lingo. Hell, for a while, because of the unique playerbase of one of my guilds in World of Warcraft, people mistook me for a New Zealander.

i am rapture coder
    TeaniKatszia
    I guess I'm just not a huge fan of text accents overall. They don't like make me rage when it's just one person, but when I hear them all the time it starts to make me twitch, heh.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haern said:
    Iosyne's just posin' and twerking. Nevermind her.
    The imagery...

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Angwe
  • Fact: When Iosyne tweaks at us in the Pools it blows us out of the room.

i am rapture coder
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I read that as twerks.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

JensenVeovisPerilunaKatsziaInfin
  • I did too

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I actually meant to say twerks, so that's appropriate.

i am rapture coder
    Even the Divine can't make tweak scary.
    DraimanOmeiPeriluna
  • You discern that Haven has cured the effects of asthma.
    Haven has cured asthma!
    Haven has anorexia, confusion, slickness, impatience, paralysis, numb, darkshade, voyria, disrupted, stupidity!

Every. Fucking. Fight.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• @aishia
    Too late?! Why what happened? What'd I miss?

@moirean
    The accents appeared, I think, when players copied the rangers and the sents started being a little bit like the original Imperian wardens.
  • edited February 2014
    Sigh.
    Sick, coughing, phlegm, coughing, headache - the last few weeks of overtime suddenly don't seem worthwhile.
    Edit: I think that should have been in the other rage thread. w/e
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014
    Sarissa said:
    my anxiety issues making me scared to death to reach out and try to let my character get to know others in the House at all both because of my lack of familiarity with the House itself and with the people in it. I'm pretty invested in my character, so I don't want to say or do the wrong things to the wrong people and end up in deep unicorns over it
    @Sarissa - Lack of familiarity goes away by dealing with the people in it--we don't bite, I swear. And tbh, as long as you're at least mostly not a total bitch, it's pretty hard to get into deep shit over it in Ve'kahi. Won't go on at length here, but feel free to show up and RP with us--the council-sorts hang around the hall fairly often where they can just be walked in on.

My rage? Gonna go with the Bloodborn, too. Though not in any PK sort of sense. I really wish it was IC for Kiralla to leave this corner of the game, but she'll never do it. As much fun as she is as a character, I really wish I hadn't started playing her again. I also wish that I didn't feel obligated to play her. Or play at all, for that matter. Starting to wish I'd never unquit, which pisses me off, because I've played this for so long, and enjoyed it, for the most part.

imageimage
  • My rage? I want the Sentaari class, and can't seem to get anyone to apprentice me. Rage. Gripe. Etc. 
    Kerryn
  • Sleep schedule's been all unicornsy. I've been neglecting my poor neglected Order because I can barely stay awake. ;-;

i am rapture coder
  • We're strong, independent black women. Take some time off, sleep
    AryanneOmeiTeaniEmelle
  • Having some great ideas for the Event in regards to Duiran, but feeling like some of those ideas might be bottlenecked due to mechanics.

Hate choo mechanics.

• Killien said:

Having some great ideas for the Event in regards to Duiran, but feeling like some of those ideas might be bottlenecked due to mechanics.

Hate choo mechanics.

Talk to us about them anyway

PhoeneciaOmeiPiper
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Xavin said:
    Killien said:

Having some great ideas for the Event in regards to Duiran, but feeling like some of those ideas might be bottlenecked due to mechanics.

Hate choo mechanics.

Talk to us about them anyway
    This. If you have an idea about something, it never hurts to pursue it. You never know when an org leader or admin might entertain your idea and turn it into something interesting.
    Angwe
  • And please don't be afraid to get your friendly local Patron's attention. We're often pretty busy, but if you give us a good idea, we're happy to implement it for you.

i am rapture coder
    HaernKatsziaPiperMaghak
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Apparently people and their entities are now considered supplies, things you can bring along to a fight and use in a duel without it being called teaming? Last time this happened to me I just facepalmed and thought it was a one-time thing, but apparently not!

Why can't people just try to be a bit decent and not over-extend themselves when going into a fight? Are they that afraid of losing and possibly by proxy feel like they might lose the respect of their fellow PK pals? I don't mind losing that much, but I'm not considered a very good fighter, so why bring two against me?

Because I run? Yes I tend to run, but seriously, since I'm not usually that much into PK, I'm not always set up for it when out and about! I need to mutate and stuff to actually be able to attack. Generally, unless I was about to leave, or I'm was about to become too distracted by something else, I don't run and hide in a city or something. I just want it to be at least reasonably fair before I'm strung up and killed.

endrant.

• Don't care about odds, just care about killing someone that needs to die for aiding a party that performed an aggressive action against the order. Running just delays it, which is in itself annoying as it wont go away, it will just sit there as a task waiting to get crossed off. Just rather end it. Also just rather if people didn't get involved in aggressive actions if they don't want to be attacked in return. It's easy enough to avoid conflict if you really don't want it, you don't need to go on forums and bitch about it. 
This discussion has been closed.