Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Rivas said:
     the PK trolls
    I'm coming to get you Rivas.

Also, still the low amount of sect accept. Like, I want to get at least a custom deathsight message, which is like 47 sect arena/hunting ground kills more for me. 164 for the entrance to the Hall of Blades. I just want to mindlessly PK in this game, because it's you know a game and PVP is fun doge. 
    Rivas
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Rage at people, leaders especially, who don't know when to turn their superiority complex off and actually help someone. Repeatedly. Which then leads to the person quitting the game indefinitely.

I hate you.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited January 2014
    Hate is a pretty strong word, strongly dislike would be more acceptable.

Though given the severity, I make exceptions.  Either way I am sorry to hear about that, and I hope that it can be resolved maturely.  If not, thats a shame.
    Elyni
  • Not living up to expectations. :(
    Alexina
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Aarbrok said:
    Hate is a pretty strong word, strongly dislike would be more acceptable.

Though given the severity, I make exceptions.  Either way I am sorry to hear about that, and I hope that it can be resolved maturely.  If not, thats a shame.
    No. Hate is the right word. The person in question should not, by any means, be a leader of anything. If I was allowed to post the content of why I hate said person, then I would, but forum bans aren't my thing.

h-a-t-e.

E: Just ask @Moirean, I'm sure she'd agree it's the right word, given the conversation we just had about it IG.
    Aarbrok
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul

Haern said:
    Not living up to expectations. :(
    So much this.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Haern ...

Sorry. Can't take what you said seriously with that .GIF in your forum sig... >.<
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    I Rage at how dumb people are both IC and OOC ...

If someone has Aura and hits another with Aura.. Your aura doesn't drop til AFTER one of you die! .. That doesn't mean while you have Aura you can go around hitting whoever you wish

I also wish people would flaming read HELP PK
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I deleted a series of posts because they were representative of an angry, toxic mindset. I really wish you hadn't chosen to repost one of them.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You guys can close a thread. It doesn't stop derps running in to completely crash RP.

It really just makes it worse. I am under the impression that hostile cross faction RP is something that happens now. I try to RP with a lifer in the spirit of the thread - and I am randomly and unprovoked attacked by ANOTHER lifer. When all my settings are off. And I have no vibes. And no defs maintained. Because I am RPing.

Stupid me, believing stuff on forums are more than lip service.
  • edited January 2014
    Take a break.
    I hate trying to do what people want and getting shut off. Completely.
    edited January 2014
    Meh, nevermind
  • Moirean said:
    Meh, nevermind

Now you see why I'm so cantankerous. 
  • I have to admit the Bloodborn really "rustle my jimmies." I think some of the things I did as Guildmaster are responsible for the current state of the guild. I didn't do enough to push the Bloodborn to develop an identity distinct from vampire Houses, and now the guild is almost completely subservient to the houses. I should never have put my support behind the head of the Imperium to become Guildmaster after me, and I think I stiffled the social atmosphere of the guild early on. 
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Actually I think it's somewhat more that the guild is just full of PKers who don't really care for much else beyond PK @Veovis.

A good chunk of the guild is actually House-less atm.
    Katszia
  • Ezalor said:
    Actually I think it's somewhat more that the guild is just full of PKers who don't really care for much else beyond PK @Veovis.

It's pretty much been that way for years, though. Before, people were more concerned with their houses and there wasn't really all that much of a guild identity.

• I think what makes it a little weird (from my alt's perspective) is that you have an amalgamation of Houses in there. So if you're from house A that cares about peerage and tradition, etc, but two people are either in House B - that doesn't care one little bit about it, or aren't in a house at all. It's confusing to new people on how to even approach people. -I- don't have an issue because I've played this game long enough to say w/e. But usually guild identity is helped formed by fresh faces reinvigorating the old ones to do stuff.

My natural tendency to update scrolls kicks in like MAD whenever I look at GHELP though..I swear I will rock that thing if someone gives me access.
    Katszia
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Ezalor said:

I contest this point.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• @Saybre I tried to give the Bloodborn a role outside of the traditional house structure. I envisioned them as being something like the Great Ones from Feist's Tsurani society, but I had out-of-game issues come up which led to my stepping down as GM before I really had time to do very much.If I remember correclty we also didn't have Ancestral Binding and Ancestral Conversion at that point, just temporary rituals to boost blood power, so we didn't have much of a cudgel to use against the Imperium.

I had secretaries screaming bloody murder when I tried to institute a house-neutral policy for sires/embrace with the idea being that old house ties weren't important in light of rebirth. 

Personally, I would love to see a little tension between Abhorash's Sanguis-using vampires and the Reborn now that he's back.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    "Back"
  • edited January 2014
    Veovis said:
    @Saybre I tried to give the Bloodborn a role outside of the traditional house structure. I envisioned them as being something like the Great Ones from Feist's Tsurani society, but I had out-of-game issues come up which led to my stepping down as GM before I really had time to do very much.If I remember correclty we also didn't have Ancestral Binding and Ancestral Conversion at that point, just temporary rituals to boost blood power, so we didn't have much of a cudgel to use against the Imperium.

I had secretaries screaming bloody murder when I tried to institute a house-neutral policy for sires/embrace with the idea being that old house ties weren't important in light of rebirth. 

Personally, I would love to see a little tension between Abhorash's Sanguis-using vampires and the Reborn now that he's back.
    Conversion and Binding were rituals that I did reports for when I was Bloodborn liaison. I really wish that the bloodborn and houses had some degree of separation, almost to the point where I could see the Bloodborn being a house unto themselves.

Edit: That is to say, house OR bloodborn, but not both. I know that at this point that simply wouldn't work and would likely kill the guild, though

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I have never liked the fact that the Bloodborn has to sire someone in their guild regardless if they are in a House or not.  I think Siring in that fashion should be limited to the RP of a House, not the Guild.  Just my personal opinion 
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I figured out where I want to be -finally- and then something stupid threw a wrench in it that I don't know if I'm gonna be able to overcome.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Macavity said:
    I have never liked the fact that the Bloodborn has to sire someone in their guild regardless if they are in a House or not.  I think Siring in that fashion should be limited to the RP of a House, not the Guild.  Just my personal opinion

You can have any kind of sire as a Bloodborn, even a Praenomen who's not in the guild, but a Bloodborn needs to perform Super Sekrit Ritual A on you before you're actually one of the Reborn.

So there's siring, and then Super Sekrit Ritual A. Two separate things.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ashmer said:

You can have any kind of sire as a Bloodborn, even a Praenomen who's not in the guild, but a Bloodborn needs to perform Super Sekrit Ritual A on you before you're actually one of the Reborn.

I think what he's trying to say is that Bloodborn shouldn't have to have a sire in order to undergo rebirth. 
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Veovis said:
    Ashmer said:

I think what he's trying to say is that Bloodborn shouldn't have to have a sire in order to undergo rebirth. 
    yup.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    You don't, but if you don't, the person who performs the Super Sekrit Ritual becomes your sire, unless that's been changed.
  • Sarita said:
    You don't, but if you don't, the person who performs the Super Sekrit Ritual becomes your sire, unless that's been changed.
    Pretty sure that would still be the case. In addition, if they didn't have a sire, they would suffer the negative effects of not having a sire. Was something like super accelerated blood drain and a periodic message about needing to seek out a sire.

• Oh hey, let's see what @Piper and @Ashmer are doing.

Ashmer's sound eye squints softly as he studies you. Its lidless counterpart rolls against the bare black bone of its socket, shifting murkily in hue as it sweeps the parlor. His too-long fingers encircle the haft of a gruesome crescent scythe, and he leans lightly upon it as his sclerotic spine hunches further.

Piper takes a step back from the counter, the puddle that's pooled beneath the unformed foot
    expanding to welcome the movement. Placid, her face is devoid of all features and expression as she looks to Ashmer, several tendrils of oozing material slowly making their way down the still outstretched hand until her fingers have been absorbed into the limb. Those previous coins being held long since gone into her figure to be considered at a later time.

grooooooossss

i am rapture coder
    PiperSessizlikArbreXeniaCannanRiluo
This discussion has been closed.