Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    @Alexina - I totally felt that way with Nebre'seir. It got draining. I loved what I did, but it wore me out. It can be, in my opinion, one of the worst organizations to have to run. But tomorrow is a new day! Feel free to hit me up if you ever want help, too. I'm glad to try to do what I can.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited December 2013
    @Alexina the number one thing I learned from leadership is that you can't please everyone, so don't even try. I went through something similar when I first took over D'baen with people disagreeing with the new direction, infighting, squabbling, and even someone robbing all of our gold. I used to really stress out and worry that this person or that person was upset, that decisions would alienate some people, etc.

Of course this doesn't mean do whatever you want and disregard everyone, but you are never going to be able to keep everyone happy, especially not when your House is really an amalgamation of three different Houses. Don't be afraid to step on toes, hurt feelings, and even kick people out for the greater good. You don't want to be a tyrant but you also don't want to be a pushover as a new leader, which some people are bound to try to treat you as. Establish accountability.
    RiluoHadoryuNola
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013
    When I reworked Bouchard it had two active members and two that just logged on to cause problems. I scrapped all the old rubbish and introduced a whole new set of RP. Some went nuts others got on board. Within 2 real weeks it had ten plus active members, all because I purged the idiots and gave people freedom to get involved. I gave people prestige based on the work they did and ensured that all new members who joined underwent the new system of "work for prestige or piss off." So I guess what I am saying is use a velvet glove with a brick in it and never be afraid to wield it.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

EzalorMacavityAngwe
  • Just start walking in a direction you think is good, Alex. The people who don't want to follow can screw off. Others who do want to follow will eventually take their place, if your house stands out as one that actually has direction.
    MacavityEzalorPerilunaLinHavenArbreTrager
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Macavity in particular, but also for anyone else who was wondering:

House leaders barely have any power in the Dominion.It was set up to be run by Abhorash, which each House essentially serving a different function in helping see it run a bit more smoothly and get things done. Anything we want to do would need to be approved, and because one of the founding ideas of the Dominion was that no one House has power over the others, nearly everything that happens also has to be agreed on by every House leader. I would go so far as to say that the Imperium actually had more power because when one House started acting out, the others were free to start using RP methods to try and enforce their vision of how things should go. Now when things are going exactly according to plan, all we can do is approach the House leader responsible and ask very nicely if they'll change it. Going beyond that wouldn't go over well.

• Dominion leaders have like 3 abilities. Enemy, unemeny and check dominoin credits. Just delete Dominion. Also, takes away one Overlord position as there is again no possibility of change if no Abhorash for appointments.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Two.

dominion

Usage: DOMINION NOMINATE <member>
           DOMINION CONFIRM <nominee>

Three if you count orghelp.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Dominion is one of those things that could have (and should have) been cool but fizzled due to the nature of projects in IRE games. Vampires in Aetolia need to be really, really cool. So far we haven't hit that mark on a global basis. Expect to hear more about fixing that in 2014.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    LinArbreIosyne
    You are playing with our fragile vampire hearts here @Oleis, we can't take any more abandonment! We all have Daddy issues now.
    SaritaHavenArbreRiluoIosyne
  • Daddy Abhorash then Father Ivoln...so much abandonment.....

Iosyne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Hunting Grounds - Evade still works in it, and the time delay for movement is longer than the balance on evade. It's impossible to beat a Syssin who doesn't want to lose in the HG because they can just evade away from you forever. So. Annoying. (also leap still works too). Can't we just give everyone that bloodlust aff when they're in there so once you're in a room with someone you're stuck?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Angwe
    I like that idea. Bloodlust in HG instead of the movement delay.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    We were discussing this yesterday in LT. I threw out the idea of bloodlust or one of the other arena mods used in the Delos duel, instead of the movement delay, but it didn't seem like there was interest.
  • The issue is that movement is still an important part of 1 vs 1 pvp, and doesn't mean running away. Bloodlust suits some classes more than others (magi fighting in retardation for example).
    You can still move away while you have Bloodlust, you just aren't able to go more than a few room radius away.
  • Oh right. Sorry!
    I was just going by Dask's description, which sounded awful.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My RL is so stressful and overwhelming that I haven't had it in me afterward to RP or do my new job as Culture Minister.  I'm sorry guys.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Arbre , don't worry about it.  I have been working crazy hours, when you do feel it, think of ideas, jot them on paper.  

If you don't then dont worry about it.  Im the most behind the scenes Benandanti evaaaar.  @Solaria gives me a stack of work, I get it done when I have time.  Its what I have absolutely loved about my position, is I really just throw plans out and ideas when I have them.  Cultural stuff really does itself.  That and with the events and stuff going on in Duiran, any big plans wont be for some time.  

If I can help you at all just send me a message when you are feeling like it.  I answer from my phone at work.
    The crazy time of year should be over soon.  Hope things are not so stressful soon :)
    Arbre
  • Daskalos said:

Hunting Grounds - Evade still works in it, and the time delay for movement is longer than the balance on evade. It's impossible to beat a Syssin who doesn't want to lose in the HG because they can just evade away from you forever. So. Annoying. (also leap still works too). Can't we just give everyone that bloodlust aff when they're in there so once you're in a room with someone you're stuck?

Evading 1-2 rooms away to neutralize afflictions/damage after suggesting isn't unreasonable. If the class were to have a full offense 100% of the time like most of the other classes it wouldn't be necessary. I agree with the balance time, however.

We're like 1-1 in the HG Dask, surely you can lose every now and then right?

More on the Hunting Grounds, maybe make it so you can only claim 2 items at a time while in the Grounds? Ragey people are claiming/relenquishing all items in the same go just so everything is 'reassimilating'.
    *unnecessary banner*

Actually, when I did that, it's because I didn't know what mobs gave what, so I was killing things until I got what I wanted.

Losing isn't the problem - you running and being unable to chase -is-. Why should Syssin get that advantage (and, technically, vampires with fade) when no one else does in the HG?

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Not understanding how to buy rune powers, thinking I still had a discount rune in my inventory, having used it on a ring of flooding cus I didn't know that if it was in my inventory it was used on purchases other than credit ones, and accidentally buying a rune of transformation. >_<

Talk to Raz... he's usually really cool about mistakes like that. I once bought a spider mount for 500cr instead of a colorful gems spider :P

EzalorIosyne
    I claimed + relinquished all the items before to troll. It's not a big deal anymore with the HG changes tbh, since it's moreso you go in and get an item you want to use in the near future rather than an item to hold for the next IC year.
    Setne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Daskalos said:
    Talk to Raz... he's usually really cool about mistakes like that. I once bought a spider mount for 500cr instead of a colorful gems spider :P

So a Tuesday for you?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Jensen
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    You feel an inexplicable sense of loss in your soul as the holy order of Niuri is dissolved.
    You feel an inexplicable sense of loss in your soul as the congregation of Niuri is dissolved.

**cry**  So not cool!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    It was a cool event. Quite sad and impressive job from all the gods. Us mortals kinda derped it up and killed the solemnity a bit, I think with all the spam and random remarks and PK stuff, but if you filter all that out, it was really well done. 

I felt odd even getting involved tbh, but I felt like, I dunno, there should have been more reactions to what was going on since it was powerful stuff, instead of just chatter, and Moi's always really liked Niuri. Still, sorry if my emotes were too "loud" - I definitely was thinking that her order should have been doing them and not me, but I didn't see them there. :/
    Chakrasul
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    yeah I woke just as I saw you all die, and I rushed over to see what was going on, and then she was gone.  Winterlynn was there.  Other then that we were the only ones awake!  I wish I could have been there.  If you have a copy of the log I would very much like to see it please
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • That is why Winter got that evil look at the end. Well, I am sure Moirean is cleaning up the log as we speak and you can see what all happened.

Oh. Uhh. I can, sure, but I missed the first half of it, as I was helping a newb... I'll do it if nobody else has a log, though.
This discussion has been closed.