Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've sort of gotten around the terminology issue by saying that certain things displease the gods. It can get wonky if you try and go into specifics, but you can sometimes get general themes like, "They understand that there will be conflicts when ylem is involved" or "Murdering everyone who is attacking Ciem is an act of war" or "The Hunting Grounds are governed by laws of their own, and someone must die." That kind of thing.
    PiperTeaniPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    There are always other ways to allude to the concept of PK if you're speaking in IC terms, and I have nothing against this at all, as long as it's handled in an IC way. Much like you can refer to disconnections to soul issues or what have you.

It's blatantly calling it OPEN PK in response to an IC tell that annoys me, seeing as that most definitely is to turn to OOC rather than handling things in a proper IC way. If sending an OOC tell to clarify the difference and emphasizing that it was IC is considered out of bounds, well, color me surprised. I thought giving people helpful advice to keep the two concepts separated was a generally good thing.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    This is probably where this argument should end.  Just go click agree on one or the other's post.  Let's not make a flame war.
  • Sarita said:
    "The Hunting Grounds are governed by laws of their own, and someone must die." 
    THE HUNTING GROUNDS: May the odds be -ever- in your favour.

sorry had to do it!
    LinAngweMoirean
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The Hunger Grounds

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanXenia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    In WoW, we had this rogue on our raid team. He pulled out really solid DPS and ran the fights well and was a good addition to the roster. However, he also had major attitude problems and would pick on people he thought weren't as good or who were stealing his gear. He'd even barrage the raid leader with hostile whispers every time he disagreed with something. A frustrated, unfun attitude began to permeate the team because of this funsucker and each week it got worse to the point that some of us considered just stopping raiding. Eventually, our GMs removed him from the team - our overall DPS suffered, but it was like the clouds had lifted and there was a sunny day shining on us. Even with lower DPS, we downed bosses at record times for our guild that week, and we've had a really upbeat and fun mood ever since he was booted. Yes, we lost a strong DPS, but the raid overall benefited from that negative funsucker being gone.

My rage? Solutions to the above situation are not nearly as easy in Aetolia. 
    PhoeneciaIllinianDemarcusXavinLinArbreHadoryu
  • Moirean said:

In WoW.....

My rage? Solutions to the above situation are not nearly as easy in Aetolia. 
    I notice the GM didn't have to lie to get rid of the rogue in this instance. The above is perfectly justifiable. But now say, if the rogue -only- didn't get along with 3 other guild members, mostly spuring from past events in another guild, and these three guild members have an entire career of similar conflicts, -and- are the ones continually instigating the rogue... Well, luckily we've a much more mature playerbase here than there is in WoW.

My rages for the day:
    - Leaders choosing the easier route instead of the right route.
    - Hunting Ground items dropping in the Sect Arena
    - Inappropriate emotes mischanneling to the Crafters Clan.
    *unnecessary banner*
  • I'm just going to preemptively say that there's going to be no more thinly-veiled jabs made towards other players, WoW-based or not. 

Rou
  • I rage when mods delete drama posts before I get a chance to read them >:|
    DamonicusPiperArekaHadoryuXeniaTrager
    Fighting for quite a while and getting frustrated that you're getting nowhere.... before realizing you're still in wise.... as a wolf.  /facepalm
    AarbrokSolaria
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Arbre said:
    Fighting for quite a while and getting frustrated that you're getting nowhere.... before realizing you're still in wise.... as a wolf.  /facepalm
    WHY ARE MY CLAWS DOING -1 DAMAGE?!

/ten minutes later

....oh. T_T
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not an amazing combatant by any means, but I wasn't getting -anywhere-.
  • I'll see your "wise wolf statpack" problem and raise you an "I found a lesser, brought in a team to defend and got into a heinous teamfight against attackers, totally unsure why my offense was absolutely terrible that day...until I realized I'd forgotten to summon my mace."

I swear, I can defup and throw in all the little stray ones that my scripts don't cover, but then forget to equip my damn weapon. I'm SUPER good at this game, guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

CiarellePerilunaArbre
  • Rivas said:
    I'll see your "wise wolf statpack" problem and raise you an "I found a lesser, brought in a team to defend and got into a heinous teamfight against attackers, totally unsure why my offense was absolutely terrible that day...until I realized I'd forgotten to summon my mace."

I swear, I can defup and throw in all the little stray ones that my scripts don't cover, but then forget to equip my damn weapon. I'm SUPER good at this game, guys.
    @Rivas I always forget my mace when I login, and the best thing is running to a teamfight without a  mace and undeffed... then realising you have no spark either so you end up deffing up while others fight around you!!

ArbreRivas
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I like the, "Go into the Hunting Grounds as Sentinel and forget that you're still on Syssin aliases/triggers and all your Sentinel aliases/triggers are disabled and only find out when you start engaging" problem myself.

Arbre
    I had this "knowing you've switched to wolf class and carefully make sure you've unwielded everything, only to realize you're still not a lycan when the fight begins"-problem the other month

Arbre
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Being PKed while getting dressed for work. For reasons that happened RL months ago.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Is there a statute of limitations for PK? I've always wondered what was acceptible (acceptable? Whatever.) because sometimes the target (knowingly/willingly or not) makes themselves unaccessible. Like I recall one time this person kills my mount and attacks my falcon because I was on the other side. When I noticed and went to retaliate,  they fled to their city and waited behind guards shouting obscenities with their friends. Weeks went by where they didn't leave safety and just Rp'd with their friends I guess....then one day they up and left the game. After maybe 4 months they returned to playing again.

I thought to PK them but by that point I wasn't really interested as I had other conflicts going on and the fact I wasn't sure of the etiquette for that sort of thing at the time. What does the community think?

This is not directed at you or your situation btw Phoe. More of a general query than anything. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited November 2013
    Haven said:
    Is there a statute of limitations for PK? I've always wondered what was acceptible (acceptable? Whatever.) because sometimes the target (knowingly/willingly or not) makes themselves unaccessible. Like I recall one time this person kills my mount and attacks my falcon because I was on the other side. When I noticed and went to retaliate,  they fled to their city and waited behind guards shouting obscenities with their friends. Weeks went by where they didn't leave safety and just Rp'd with their friends I guess....then one day they up and left the game. After maybe 4 months they returned to playing again.

I thought to PK them but by that point I wasn't really interested as I had other conflicts going on and the fact I wasn't sure of the etiquette for that sort of thing at the time. What does the community think?

This is not directed at you or your situation btw Phoe. More of a general query than anything. 
    @Haven If its 4RL months then I would just drop it depending on the person if im honest.... Unless it was one of them idiots who do it all the time and hide behind guards acting all tough, or QQ and wait a few week before loggin back in trying to avoid the issue. (I made a script to keep track of who I have pk on and why/reasoning just for that)

I Rage at people crying because he/she has a bounty. STARBURST Doesnt class as claiming a bounty so be a man and DIE!!

From HELP BOUNTY

CLAIM BOUNTY ON  : Claim a bounty on someone. You must have
                                either the corpse or the head of the person
                                whom you wish to claim the bounty on. This
                                must be done in the Constabulary of the
                                city that posted the bounty.

Doesn't say to tell the constabulary person "Oh I hit his/her starburst so you best claim that bounty'

YES People have been complaining saying Starburst death is a real death and should remove his/her bounties because he/she starburst and ran like a little girl to hide behind guards. once again

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    More rage, less flame. Please.
  • I've never forgotten which statpack I'm in, but I used to end up forgetting which character I was playing all the time. And I once missed a block and got 19 people killed, in Achaea. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I told you, just keep making bombs and sit in your tree, TOZ!!
  • I was the arms dealer of Achaea. Dust bombs from me powered EVERYONE, and I made bank.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I frequently forget which statpack I'm in, but it's even worse with the star chart involved - try getting anywhere as a wise lycan with 11 strength.
  • Rage at the fact that things like neutral balance Lycan (e.g Muscular) are no longer viable.

Teani said:
    I had this "knowing you've switched to wolf class and carefully make sure you've unwielded everything, only to realize you're still not a lycan when the fight begins"-problem the other month
    Oh my gosh, I CONSTANTLY switch to lycan and forget to unwield my staff.  I keep saying I need to add that into my class switch aliases, but lazybre.
    Teani
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Yay for only using Monk and Lycanthrope. Dex for both and no weapons!
  • I hate when I go to zap people with items wie- oh. Oh wait.

...Never mind, don't know that feel, carry on.

ArekaIsonAarbrok
    @Arbre: To think I was so pleased with myself for remembering to unwield things. Let's see, unwielded - check! All folders switched in the system - check! Dismounted - check! Yeah, I'm awesome, alright, let's fight! Um... why no attack? *facepalm* mutate into lycanthrope.

ArbreHaven
  • edited November 2013
    Just when I think the Aetolian playerbase has matured passed it, someone kills my mount. Seriously?
This discussion has been closed.