The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• Illidan said:
    Meskhenet said:
    Hmm, I suppose I could take a turn at this.

-I tend to Alt when I get bored on Mesk. I have probably made like 5-6, but I tend to be able to only manage playing 1-2 at best. It is super hard for me to get past that point of not being a novice anymore and establishing the character fully, and taking the step to meet new people to RP with.

What has Kira done to you. 
    Hey, I am not all of Aetolia! I usually have 2-3 characters on any mud that I play. Keeps me from getting bored and quitting.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited July 2013
    o My absolute favorite thing to do in the game is craft or build things. I love being able to write things that people will be able to see or use in-game. Even if they're only just props, I still enjoy making it look like the world looks lived-in as opposed to just being room descs. I like things that people can actually see, probe, and go 'huh, this looks interesting'.

o Whenever I design outfits in crafting, I usually draw them first just so I have a good idea of what I want to convey.

o I like drawing, and I really enjoy doing character art for people when I can actually find the time to do it.

o I actually draw a lot of inspiration for my crafting designs from video games and anime. Fire Emblem and the Tales of series in particular are my biggest influences. I know some people roll their eyes at the idea, but I like making things that are unique-looking. Pretty much anyone can make a plain ol' dress shirt, but I like offering more variety that isn't too niche either.

o Even though I know they're likely alts, I love interacting with all of the Templar newbies we get. We've gotten a drawling cowboy, a flakey, but adorable goofball that is frighteningly good at combat, a gentlemanly duelist that styles himself like a musketeer, among others. I know they're alts, but I wish they would come around more often since they're all so awesome and fun to RP with.

o I hate Enorian with an intense passion for a large number of reasons. I don't find it a fun org to be in or lead. The only reason I stay is because Duiran is forestal, and there isn't any other good-aligned city.

o I dislike the RP theme of most of the city orgs because having been a sociology and anthropology student, certain things sort of bother me. For example, Enorian is a city with a Middle Eastern aesthetic. I kind of want to strangle whoever thought it was a good idea to toss in zealots, and people who can suicide bomb things. The only thing missing is people declaring jihads all the time.

o I kind of roll my eyes at players who constantly and frequently make drastic changes to their characters because I feel it's a really artificial way of prompting character development. I prefer smaller changes over long periods of time because I find it more interesting to see the growth and change develop.

o I either avoid interacting with certain characters at all or very infrequently because I find them to be too unpleasant or too much of a headache to be around for extended periods of time.

o In relation to the previous point, I HATE people who like to do 'all drama, all the time'. The people who always need to have some major story arc going on in their character's life. Having such a high baseline gets draining really fast, and wears out the novelty, and - to me - lessens the impact of those kinds of major events because those sorts of things are the norm.

o I frequently go through TV Tropes and look up tropes that I think might apply to various characters or situations.

o I don't PK at all, and probably never will beyond maybe helping defend against raids. I don't find PvP to be fun in the slightest except when I'm playing League of Legends.

o I'm really fickle when it comes to how I view other players/characters. One really bad experience is likely to turn me off from interacting with someone at all.

o I'm kind of sad that Enorian has a museum, but not much gets done with it. I kind of wish there were NPC artists that would want to show off their stuff, or maybe an Indiana Jones-type mob that goes relic-hunting or whatever. That seems like it'd be fun for mini events and stuff.
    CiarelleEzalorBaseil
  • edited July 2013
    - I only began playing Baseil to sate a wish to class change in another MUD, but stayed because I found the RP of my guild to be riveting and easier to immerse myself in as I pondered a major change in other said char.

-I get nervous when I RP most times, I can't really see what Baseil would do in some situations so my general reaction to most things is to smile/nod a unicorn-ton rather than truly stay true to his personality.

-I find it hard to find things to talk about with others.

-Originally I wanted to make Baseil more or less aloof to most things. It's just really hard to pull off.

-Spinesreach is my favorite city, best layout to run about in.

-I'm really considering becoming involved in PK but its intimidating.
    PiperEzrax
  • Spinesreach really is the best city, layout-wise. I've been a citizen of Bloodloch longer than I was one of Spinesreach, now, and I can still remember how to get absolutely EVERYWHERE in Spines. Unlike the stupid mess that is Bloodloch.
    BaseilPiper
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    AlexinaRivasCiarelleHavenMephistolesAryannePerilunaInfinErzsebet
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    NOW they are. I had a Sentaari ages ago that I gave up on playing because Ashtan's layout made me cry. 
    Yeeeah there's a reason we blew up Ashtan.

Oh, and to be fair, I think the cities are easy to navigate so long as you're a generic citizen who needs to find their guildhall or go shopping. Ask me where Bloodloch's council room is and I might just start crying.
    Aryanne
  • You're out of your element, Linny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2013
    They are easy because I use aliases to get to all the key spots. Spinesreach still gets me twisted around if I try to navigate by hand. The path from the outer gate to the Inner Gate really isn't intuitive for new players and the visual map is slightly deceptive - cleaning that up is something I want to fix. It should be a fairly straight, simple path and it's not.

To get from Enorian's outer gate to main hangout, it's: far se, far south.
    To get to Duiran's main hangout, it's: head to the center of the big circle. Very easy to pinpoint visually.
    To get to Bloodloch's main hangout, it's: follow the road in from the crack. There aren't any other exits to confuse you, it's a straight shot.
    To get from the outer gate to the inner is: w, w, nw, w, w, n, e, ne, nw- No, don't go into the bounty offi- no, now you're heading to the wintersbreeze...

I could rattle off the others for this post. For the Spirean directions, I had to use my mapper. It may be easy to you guys because you've done it a bunch, but it is relatively fairly convoluted, especially to newer players.
    Aryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Nope.. Old Duiran got easier after some time but Enorian and Bloodloch have me staring at my computer/my character running around going 'I know where I am! I know where I am!'. I pretty much know exactly where everything is in Spines because, when I started to play Aetolia, that was the FIRST thing that I got stuck doing. I legit had no idea how to leave the city. For like.. a week.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I feel like this thread has went from Confessionals to which city has the worse lay out.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

LinAryanne
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Isn't the "main" hangout room just CITY PORTALS; D now, or do some cities not keep up that research tree?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sarita said:
    Isn't the "main" hangout room just CITY PORTALS; D now, or do some cities not keep up that research tree?
    That's just the idle room.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    My confession:

I'm so paranoid, I clicked Like on @Aldric's post instead of Agree, so now I'm worried I'll look like one of the pretentious "big name" roleplayers.
  • At some point you gotta realize that nobody is a bigname RPer to themselves.
    HadoryuLinAldricPiper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You know, if you click agree, it'll switch your vote from like to agree.
    HadoryuVharen
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Or if you click like again it'll unlike it.
    Aryanne

Moirean said:
    You know, if you click agree, it'll switch your vote from like to agree.
    But I don't agree, since I think Aldric's roleplaying skills are just as good as anyone else's.
    I clicked agree because I feel the same, not because I think he's a pewp RPer.
    Aryanne
  • I've lost interest in Aetolia again, and I have no idea what it would take to keep my attention these days. 
  • i think you're all pewp rpers
  • Atrapoema said:
    I've lost interest in Aetolia again, and I have no idea what it would take to keep my attention these days. 
    Do what I do; get more and more audacious. People will hate you because you offend their Christian sensibilities, but others will love you for it as well so it's very exciting.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I dislike newbies. I dunno where it came from, cause I used to be all about Siring and stuff, but I just can't muster up the enthusiasm to properly greet them nowadays.

As much as I condemn artibashing my first foray into PK was doing just that. I artibashed people to death in my first week of PK.

I used to like to RP a lot but I feel like drama inevitably comes out of it. For whatever reason I find a lot less drama in PK than RP, even though the opposite usually holds true. I find people get a lot nastier about RP conflict than being killed, to the point where I just don't bother to RP any more except very small casual stuff, and then only if the situation unfolds by itself.

I chose @Iosyne as Ezalor's Order purely OOCly; at that time She actually stood for the opposite of what he was. It all worked out in the end though. Playing a cocky, bloodthirsty elitist is more fun than a gentlemanly, diplomatic elitist.

I've neglected pretty much all my orgs lately while focusing solely on scripting PK stuff.

SerriceSaybre
  • There's been a few times where I'll stare at my login screen for about ten minutes or so before logging in due to me suddenly getting nervous because I don't want to fail at RP.
    @Jasline: I will kill you back to Minia if you suggest you're bad at RP again.
    JaslineAarde
  • Okay! *flees*
  • I hate pregnancy RP. With a passion. 

RP kids, I'm cool with that. It's interesting. Just... make them come from the island, or slavers, or trees, or storks. Or better yet, just make them appear because you feel like it and don't bother me with the whole "I'm pregnant" thing. I'll ignore it, because I've decided Macian is willfully oblivious to it. It's probably because pregnant women creep me out (no, really - Yes, I know you probably think I'm a horrid person now).
    Phoenecia
  • I have a hatred of pregnancy RP that has been developed from 9 years of playing Imperian and never, ever, ever seeing pregnancy RP be anything other than excruciatingly high drama of the uninteresting variety. 

I've been pleasantly surprised by the extra creepy, humorous Moi pregnancy.
    imageimage
    Moirean
  • That wasn't a shot at anyone in particular as I don't know who is doing what. Mainly due to massive attempts on my part to ignore it.