Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• Loss sucks. Perma-loss can suck even more. Death is a risk you take by playing the game. In BL it is perfectly legitimate to kill each other over these sorts of arguments.

What is incredibly inappropriate is rolling into someone's DMs to vent your frustration with them.
    TetchtaIazamatNipsyMaeve
  • edited July 2022
    For what feels like the 10th time, I acknowledged it was inappropriate. But please, if anyone else wants to come on board to spank me for it, you'd better get in fast before the crowd finds something else to talk out both sides of their mouth about. The outrage train always rolls forth.

I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that none of you have ever gotten frustrated with a situation in-game and done something impulsive. I mean, I already demonstrated that Mother Ther-Tetchta herself has thrown public fits before when the world of Aetolia didn't conform to their ideas of how every other player should act and behave.
    IazamatNipsyCallidora
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    lmao

Teramasce
  • If you can't see the difference in Tetchta's posts and that DM, I'm not sure there's really any point to continuing this conversation, especially given your attitude.
    TetchtaTeramasce
  • edited July 2022
    I do not mind. Please keep going. Tell me more.
    TetchtaNipsyTeramasce
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Character traits/behaviors do not reflect the players OOC. (FULL STOP)
    RihrinTeaniAlelaLin
  • Putting someone on ignore for a wholly IC interaction in which one character is opposed to the actions of another character is poor sportmanship. It's literally 'I don't want my char to experience obstacles or difficulties when pushing their RP' when you can just click away the trouble of someone's char who disagrees with you.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    TetchtaNipsyBulrokEliadonCallidoraIesid
    edited July 2022
    Lenoriel said:

Putting someone on ignore for a wholly IC interaction in which one character is opposed to the actions of another character is poor sportmanship. It's literally 'I don't want my char to experience obstacles or difficulties when pushing their RP' when you can just click away the trouble of someone's char who disagrees with you.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I also want to add that you cant collect reasons to kill them by putting them on ignore. :disappointed:

I usually put folks on ignore who struggle with IC/OOC separation.

I just don't know if you can get in trouble for referencing ignore on the forums and don't want you to get in trouble for it, im not sure how that line works regarding the function since its a referencing an interaction being stopped on an OOC level and then you indirectly referencing a person putting you on ignore. Some people can be petty and try to use that against you.

I like having Lena around to argue with, even if we intrinsically disagree on most things lol.
  • Lenoriel said:

Putting someone on ignore for a wholly IC interaction in which one character is opposed to the actions of another character is poor sportmanship. It's literally 'I don't want my char to experience obstacles or difficulties when pushing their RP' when you can just click away the trouble of someone's char who disagrees with you.

This is one of the reasons 'expanding ignore slots' gets super funny looks from me.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    NipsyLenorielTetchtaElene
  • Nipsy said:

Lenoriel said:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I also want to add that you cant collect reasons to kill them by putting them on ignore. :disappointed:

I usually put folks on ignore who struggle with IC/OOC separation.

I just don't know if you can get in trouble for referencing ignore on the forums and don't want you to get in trouble for it, im not sure how that line works regarding the function since its a referencing an interaction being stopped on an OOC level and then you indirectly referencing a person putting you on ignore. Some people can be petty and try to use that against you.

I like having Lena around to argue with, even if we intrinsically disagree on most things lol.
    I never said this was or wasn't something specifically occurring in game to my character, and even if it was, there's no names, details, or attempts to communicate.

It's a general pet peeve about a game behavior I have seen multiple times now.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    TeaniTetchtaNipsy
    Yeah this is a pervasive issue. Like you can ignore for whatever you want, but I think folk that are slapping the ignore button over ic conflict are, generally, in need of a big ol' scoop of self-reflection. Rings especially true if the conflict is comparatively mild or not even directed at your character. It's generally meant to be an anti-harassment tool, not a "you slightly annoyed me" tool lol

NipsyIazamatTeramasce
    Ignore also doesn't make you immune to IC actions which I think some folks misconstrue it as.

Say Nipsy kills X person, X can't call that circumventing ignore. (I have seen it happen)
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I wouldn't be opposed to the command being IGNORE . That way there would be a record in case someone decides to use it as an on/off switch.

Another pet peeve: hearing about some people metagaming and trash-talking other players using ooc communication without having a way to make it stop.

TetchtaNipsy
    edited July 2022
    Teani said:

I wouldn't be opposed to the command being IGNORE . That way there would be a record in case someone decides to use it as an on/off switch.

Another pet peeve: hearing about some people metagaming and trash-talking other players using ooc communication without having a way to make it stop.

I would say post the sources and call it out. If there isn't evidence then it is just hearsay.
    I know with the amount of sneezes I get its not IC complaining about me especially after Nipsy does something...unfortunately its something people do. (Alot of people also just like to start rumors on meta stuff)

Ignore it and keep playing how you want to play, the amount of OOC messages I get that I am hurting someone's feelings on an OOC level is astounding.
    Tetchta
    Either that, or email Ictinus right this instant and let him know what's going on.

NipsyTeramasce
  • Bulrok said:

This is one of the reasons 'expanding ignore slots' gets super funny looks from me.

You were the herald of hardcore (you fool), are you going to be the herald of RP Blinders characters too? Start with 5 slots and UNIGNORE when you find someone you want to talk to.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• When people use shouts in a completely vulgar and inappropriate way, going so far as to talk about ass licking and other things that shouldn't even be in this game. Makes me wish we could just get rid of shouts since people don't know how to use them.

Disgusting.
    AeryxAlelaMaeve
  • Velheima said:

When people use shouts in a completely vulgar and inappropriate way, going so far as to talk about ass licking and other things that shouldn't even be in this game. Makes me wish we could just get rid of shouts since people don't know how to use them.

Disgusting.

While I agree that there's a line that players keep crossing, you can always SHOUTSOFF and should when things make you uncomfortable. You should also issue if you feel language rules have been violated.
    AlelaTeani
    If you think someone violated language rules (HELP LANGAUGERULES) it's worth issuing over. That's more or less the be-all-end-all for this.

IazamatSibattiTeramasceKurakNipsyAlelaTeaniMaeve
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Kneejerk reactions.
    TeramasceRihrinAlmol
  • - Grown "adults" that behave as though their own actions can have no consequences, while touting that those who forget that should just consider whether a game like Aetolia is for them.
    - People who make ad hominem attacks against another person's character as a human being, with no qualifying statements in support
    - People who treat those around them as lesser and then act surprised when their actions have consequences such as being ignored, or outright hated
    - People who go out of their way to find reasons to complain at every possible moment when something isn't going their way
    - People who stab friends in the back and claim "Its just a game" while continuing to twist the knife
    IazamatTetchtaNipsyGalileiAeryxTeramasce
  • Logging in on the end of something interesting. Then just sitting going, "wtf?!"

Tetchta
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited July 2022
    Missing the entire Duamvi and the Host arrival and Severn situation :'(
    GalileiRouxHolbrookTeaniElene
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    The fact that I can't color the | character that we use in our city points project because its the character used to write in color to begin with.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • Can't it be escaped to be colored?

• 2000 gambling gold daily milestone...

You place a bet of 1000 gold sovereigns on black.
    You place a bet of 1000 gold sovereigns on red.
    The ball comes to a rest in the 00 (green) pocket.

MAD
    IazamatReaveCallidoraHolbrookZeheiaJhuraAyastia