Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Can we do a clothing adjustment like worn (item) shift (up/down) to organize how it looks when looked at?
    TetchtaValorieRhineTeaniMati
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    That would remove a wholeass script from my system involving dropping stuff in a specific order and picking them back up again and I'm here for it.

AyastiaRhineGavramel
  • @Tetchta meanwhile I just remembered to buy clothes for Gav for the first time in about two IG years. 🥸
  • If you all wanna support it, 3169 is essentially what I said here.
    Tetchta
  • Player blessings, via EXALT! Much like Esteem, you can EXALT one person a day. However, it takes 3 exaltations to receive one real day of blessing. This blessing would stack with other blessings as normal, including divine blessings and milestone boons.

This would serve a similar purpose as Esteem, except for non-roleplay things. I know I like to congratulate people on winning an arena event or getting 99/ascending, but I'd love if people could show a little more love for those sorts of things!
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Naerthan
    ngl I hate that idea for reasons that are hard to articulate. It's worth pointing out that esteem being tied to mechanical benefits turned it into a nightmare system, and idk. Something about player-side blessings like that squicks me out.

IazamatSryaenRhineAlela
  • edited September 2021
    I'm having a hard time seeing why we need a mechanical command to give people pats on the back for in-game achievements when we already have org credits, gold, supplies, and any other various RP things to do just that. You can even just use esteem, I don't think anyone's going to give you guff for it. Getting a blessing is as simple as beseeching for one yourself or offering to an active god. I don't really think we need more ways to get them.
    TetchtaSryaenRhineAlelaNipsy
  • Not only that but you could very easily just have a ring of EXALTers to give you and your friends perma blessings .... actually I love this idea.
    Tetchta
  • Yeah, it's too ripe for abuse. I just don't like using Esteem for non-RP things, even if no guff is given.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
  • They may not be RP in the sense of emotes and says, but they are still very much RP and in-game achievements worthy of being esteemed for.
    Honestly, in my experience, esteem is barely policed, if it is at all, and I don't think it's necessarily problematic to consider widening it to have a more robust purview. I'm not sure why it has to be for RP other than that's what it was originally conceived for and that's technically what it is explicitly. I wouldn't mind at all to see it become something like "You beat me in a duel? Esteem! great job!" or stuff like that. It's pretty mechanically different than what it was when it was first made, so it wouldn't be the worst thing if what we used it for became different, too. Plus, like, at least 1/4 of my esteems from people are memes anyway.

Reave
  • Monthly auction for salvage, 4 lots of it. In gold. There's your goldsink, right there.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

RhineTetchtaAxiusEhtiasIesidMatiXenia
  • edited September 2021
    Can we please get the city info back in the API? Most of us use name highlighters and it just makes it so much more of a pain to upkeep them. I think just having the city and still hiding the rest strikes a better balance between immersion and QoL.
    MjollIllikaalTeaniTetchtaIazamatSryaenXenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Czcibor said:
    Can we please get the city info back in the API? Most of us use name highlighters and it just makes it so much more of a pain to upkeep them. I think just having the city and still hiding the rest strikes a better balance between immersion and QoL.
    The reason for removing it was likely to make it more difficult to immediately discern people's affiliations, not just for immersion. Naturally you would know your own city mates better than the rest of the world, while you'd learn more about others through interaction. This way, you won't know for sure if the person you are speaking to is a Syssin spy, dressed as a Wayfarer, or if they truly are a non-affiliated Wayfarer looking to move to your city.

Xenia
    Czc finally commenting on this like

LinSryaenIllikaalXeniaTeaniAlela
  • @Ictinus Can we get the mining report as per week like we do for most report logs? Mining report 1 1 etc. It is getting long and have to scroll to top to see what happened.
  • Ask and you shall receive. Thank you!
  • We had a little issue making someone Undead earlier, so... solutions? This is just what I sent Icti, but support/interest/further suggestions are welcome :}
    mmsg [Ictinus, Ivoln] Hey there! Some of us were discussing this in web since the issue arose, and we weren't sure whether you were aware: becoming Undead is at times a bit... difficult. It requires access to the Pillars of the Earth, which is gated behind the Teradrim guild/sanction or Ivoln's order. This COULD be fine, but it also requires someone with one of those memberships be actively in the Teradrim class or able/willing to switch. As I understand it, these restrictions were put in place in order to improve the RP experience over the old process - and in that regard, it's a great improvement - as well as making it more closely mirror the gating of Duamvi Symbiosis to the Zealot class revamp. Unfortunately, the aforementioned gates can make it somewhat difficult to find someone to perform this important ritual, especially as the number of classes balloons due to mirrors. I propose the following solution(s): widen access to the ability to bestow Undeath available to the new Earthcaller class, as well as Ivoln's order. These are both extremely sensible custodians for the Gift from an RP standpoint, and since Earthcaller is a mirror of Luminary, it would mechanically justify allowing Luminaries to bestow Duamvi Symbiosis - which already makes RP sense considering their ties to the Spirit plane. Furthermore, I recommend allowing Undeath to be bestowed at any of the new Apocalyptia monoliths rather than just the Pillars. This would more closely mirror the accessibility of the Grand Flame. I think this is all the more important to take another look at in light of the renewed importance and interest in Undeath that the Earthcaller class release has brought about! I hope you'll agree!
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    EscelikaIazamatIesidEakuRhineMacavity
  • edited October 2021
    Alela said:

We had a little issue making someone Undead earlier, so... solutions? This is just what I sent Icti, but support/interest/further suggestions are welcome :}

This isn't even just a Teradrim thing. There's still an approved-but-unimplemented classlead out there for doing something with Syssin Signs, IIRC.

It feels like the original iteration of Sanctions as class bonuses is pretty much dead. Perhaps each guild should get its own set of 2-3 skills that it always has access to. AB TERADRIM would include Undeath and Wyrmyard access. AB SYSSIN could be SecretSigns and probably something related to our eventual mirror class.

EDIT: I suppose, some things could be tied to classes still (e.g. you can't normally get to Nirvana as a Wayfarer, so you can't just pop in because you have the Illuminai sanction) but others could be complete disjointed (e.g. Syssin SecretSigns without Syssin class).
    TetchtaRhine
    Seurimas said:

There's still an approved-but-unimplemented classlead out there for doing something with Syssin Signs, IIRC.

Okay I thought I was crazy for remembering this but yeah, the classlead was Savas's I think and it was to let people sign any signs then know while outside of Syssin (ssign or sign). Since you can understand them anyway, it's mad annoying to not be able to reply because you're in some other class. "Sorry guys my fingers just don't work."

SeurimasOba
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Tetchta said: "Sorry guys my fingers just don't work."
    More like: Syssin in Syssin class signs perfectly clear messages with their fingers, while at the same time wielding a whip and a dirk.
    Syssin working undercover as a monk says,  "Sorry, can't wiggle my fingers like that without weapons."

ObaZeheia
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Alela said:

We had a little issue making someone Undead earlier, so... solutions? This is just what I sent Icti, but support/interest/further suggestions are welcome :}

mmsg [Ictinus, Ivoln] Hey there! Some of us were discussing this in web since the issue arose, and we weren't sure whether you were aware: becoming Undead is at times a bit... difficult. It requires access to the Pillars of the Earth, which is gated behind the Teradrim guild/sanction or Ivoln's order. This COULD be fine, but it also requires someone with one of those memberships be actively in the Teradrim class or able/willing to switch. As I understand it, these restrictions were put in place in order to improve the RP experience over the old process - and in that regard, it's a great improvement - as well as making it more closely mirror the gating of Duamvi Symbiosis to the Zealot class revamp. Unfortunately, the aforementioned gates can make it somewhat difficult to find someone to perform this important ritual, especially as the number of classes balloons due to mirrors. I propose the following solution(s): widen access to the ability to bestow Undeath available to the new Earthcaller class, as well as Ivoln's order. These are both extremely sensible custodians for the Gift from an RP standpoint, and since Earthcaller is a mirror of Luminary, it would mechanically justify allowing Luminaries to bestow Duamvi Symbiosis - which already makes RP sense considering their ties to the Spirit plane. Furthermore, I recommend allowing Undeath to be bestowed at any of the new Apocalyptia monoliths rather than just the Pillars. This would more closely mirror the accessibility of the Grand Flame. I think this is all the more important to take another look at in light of the renewed importance and interest in Undeath that the Earthcaller class release has brought about! I hope you'll agree!
    a few things:

I sent a message to Ictinus asking for Earthcallers to get the Undeath skill as well days ago, and he replied this was done on purpose and they will NOT be getting that skill

as for allowing Undeath outside of sanction with the Teradrim, I am against this. In an RP setting it is something to be held in high regards within the Sect and access to the Pillars has always been restricted to anyone outside the Guild or not Sanction. Also there are enough of us online throughout the day and evening that you can get a hold of one of us. There are also a few individuals that are sanction that have access to the Pillars outside of the Guild as well. You just have to ask. Or you can send msg to us as well. I have yet to see any requests.

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Iazamat
    edited October 2021
    Macavity said:

as for allowing Undeath outside of sanction with the Teradrim, I am against this. In an RP setting it...

It makes, like, 5% RP sense for people who know the skills to not be able to bestow undeath w/o sanction. It makes 0 RP sense for people in Ivoln's order to not be able to bestow Undeath.

Also:
    Macavity said:

there are enough of us online throughout the day and evening that you can get a hold of one of us.

what spurred this post was Yet Another Instance of there being No Available Teradrim online to make someone undead, so this is simply false.

Like, so, I get it, y'all have a neat RP toy and you wanna keep it to yourselves, but I don't think it's enhancing Undead RP at all under the current model. Currently, Undead-acquisition is far too narrow and it actually is blocking out other RP that makes sense (like Ivoln's Order being able to do it, and arguably anybody who knows the skills being able to do it at the Monoliths). I'm not sure goalkeeping it to guild-only is making it better or more interesting.

Iazamat
  • I'm sorry are we talking about syssin or Teradrim.....
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Mjoll
    Tetchta said:

Macavity said:

as for allowing Undeath outside of sanction with the Teradrim, I am against this. In an RP setting it...

It makes, like, 5% RP sense for people who know the skills to not be able to bestow undeath w/o sanction. It makes 0 RP sense for people in Ivoln's order to not be able to bestow Undeath.

Also:
    Macavity said:

there are enough of us online throughout the day and evening that you can get a hold of one of us.

what spurred this post was Yet Another Instance of there being No Available Teradrim online to make someone undead, so this is simply false.

Like, so, I get it, y'all have a neat RP toy and you wanna keep it to yourselves, but I don't think it's enhancing Undead RP at all under the current model. Currently, Undead-acquisition is far too narrow and it actually is blocking out other RP that makes sense (like Ivoln's Order being able to do it, and arguably anybody who knows the skills being able to do it at the Monoliths). I'm not sure goalkeeping it to guild-only is making it better or more interesting.
    Actually my post was geared more towards access to the Pillars of the Earth, but while we are on the subject there are a lot of little "RP toys" that you call them across many different guilds in the game. Are you saying all of them should be made accessible?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Macavity said:

Are you saying all of them should be made accessible?

If it made roleplay sense for them to be accessible to people? Yes. If you were only talking about Pillars access then idk that's not something I'm specifically invested in and probably makes sense for Tera to gate access to, but I'm starting to think you're not here in good faith if that's your response to the entirety of what I said.

Iazamat
    Tetchta said:

Macavity said:

Are you saying all of them should be made accessible?

If it made roleplay sense for them to be accessible to people? Yes. If you were only talking about Pillars access then idk that's not something I'm specifically invested in and probably makes sense for Tera to gate access to, but I'm starting to think you're not here in good faith if that's your response to the entirety of what I said.
    no I am totally for releasing the ability to Undeath to anyone, for the longest time it was open to anyone with just a shovel, scythe and a grave yard, but the question to really ask is, why was it switched from that to what we have now? Did someone request it? Was it Ivoln that did it himself? Did the admin decide this themselves? Past GM of the Teradrim? (which I find that hard to believe)

If someones RP is hindered by not becoming Undead that very second they want it, then they need to worry more about their own RP than the Undeath itself. When it comes to novices, if they join the Guild from the city without being undead, one way or another we always catch it as its a requirement to remain in the Guild. Other novices can be processed in a timely manner and not hinder their RP. They could even RP the struggles of remaining in such a mortal form, while they wait. Lots of options.

when it comes to non-novices, I am sure you all are well enough versed that you can message someone on HELP TERADRIM if you cannot find someone. Also if there is an RP reason someone will not talk to another certain Teradrim, then that is up to the character to resolve.

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited October 2021
    It was a decision made by the administration, as far as I'm aware, but this is exactly why we stated our concerns with it being gated behind not only a class, but also an inaccessible area via guild/sanction. TFG latched onto the "salt" behind the concerns rather than the actual feedback and absolutely nothing changed.

Edit: And because it needs said: we're not trying to take away people's toys. It's just ridiculous that undeath, which is mostly devoid of any significant RP/lore, is gated in a way that might require someone to sync their playtime with someone else or force someone to switch classes, especially when it was previously far more accessible and easy to achieve. 
    Tetchta
    Macavity said:

If someones RP is hindered by not becoming Undead that very second they want it, then they need to worry more about their own RP than the Undeath itself.

Iazamat pretty much answered the other stuff you asked, but I wanted to address this, because, like, I think you're mistaking Opportunities for RP Being Abundant with "instant gratification."

The less available and the more stymied someone's attempts to approach being Undead because for whatever reason it's difficult to get to, the less likely they are to engage with that RP at all. The more folk around who are able to do it, the more chances for rewarding RP there are for people. Like, it's worth saying that just because people are available to turn someone undead, they don't have to do it. It's not an obligation. So more people around to do it could simply be more people to say "You are not ready, young one."

It should just be easier for that RP to be pursued, and honestly I'm kinda okay if someone's just a Basic Newb and is like "I want it now kthx" and giving it to them. Depends upon the situation and their RP energy. But honestly since you're all for opening up Undeath access, the rest is more or less semantics or points not super worth arguing, since that's mostly what the crux of this post is about.

Iazamat
    Tetchta said:

Macavity said:

If someones RP is hindered by not becoming Undead that very second they want it, then they need to worry more about their own RP than the Undeath itself.

Iazamat pretty much answered the other stuff you asked, but I wanted to address this, because, like, I think you're mistaking Opportunities for RP Being Abundant with "instant gratification."

The less available and the more stymied someone's attempts to approach being Undead because for whatever reason it's difficult to get to, the less likely they are to engage with that RP at all. The more folk around who are able to do it, the more chances for rewarding RP there are for people. Like, it's worth saying that just because people are available to turn someone undead, they don't have to do it. It's not an obligation. So more people around to do it could simply be more people to say "You are not ready, young one."

It should just be easier for that RP to be pursued, and honestly I'm kinda okay if someone's just a Basic Newb and is like "I want it now kthx" and giving it to them. Depends upon the situation and their RP energy. But honestly since you're all for opening up Undeath access, the rest is more or less semantics or points not super worth arguing, since that's mostly what the crux of this post is about.
    one thing to note, I only speak for myself, not the Guild or anyone else as a whole. So to say we all are for opening it may not be a correct statement. You should let the current GM and other members of the guild to weigh in
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax