Arbre Aquila

13»

Comments

• My first encounter with her lead me to being monched to death by an eel.

Remains to be seen what said encounter is rated as, yet.

• Arbre is the only mortal character to truly intimidate Iesid... even when all she's doing is taking the first sip of some whiskey he selected for her. 
  • You know, Arbre has a very particular sense of self and mindset about her. She is set well within her character, from which you really do not seem to deviate! This definitely has led to an interesting RP arc, some happy, some fun, some frustrating and sad. But I must say, it's been a definite pleasure to be able to interact with the character! I hope we get more chances in the future.

Arbre
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Absolutely 100% an interesting character to interact with. It almost feels bipolar in how Axius feels about her, one moment thinking "holy hells this woman gives me a -chance- and -works- with me. And works in my -interests-. " In one moment, then does something that feels.. frustrating contrary to that positive image, cracking it and causing complicated feelings towards.

I <3 the HECK outta that! Keep it up! It's fun to interact with and work with!
    Aros
  • Arbre is a character that Bruin knows only through secondary means: news, Help Scrolls, and anecdotes by other characters, which in and of itself isn't an interaction with your character (though our characters met briefly, and the role play between each other was not even close to the focal point of what was going on). I wanted to write an affirmation that many of the things you as a player and your character fashioned in the Shamans have helped me define Bruin's aspirations as a character.
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    Rhine
  • I still love all the interactions we've gotten. Even the little ones when I don't have much time to be around. Thank you.
  • Arbre and Tens have had an interesting set of interactions over the years. None of them any short of enjoyable, no matter how tenuous or stressed it got! 

Their reconnection via @Roux has been great, and I really hope the trend continues!

• Arbre has made Kjell really think about the cost of goals and quality of life! Their conversations about Tanixalthas have challenged him, which is very exciting to explore!
  • You were one of the first people to interact with me and take me hunting when I was really new. Being an Achaean convert made the first big adjustment here almost unbearable. Arbre patiently answered all my questions, and was always awesome. Eventually Ahly became her daughter and we continued to do awesome things.

I'm really going to miss the crap out of you, and Ahly will too. Arbre will always be the first person I think of when Aetolia comes to mind.

Thanks for helping me get comfortable enough to stay in the game and learn to interact with others.
    Ardent
  • Jas adores Arbre, no matter what kind of situations they get in. It's been awesome and I need to find more time to rp with you.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Jasline said:

Jas adores Arbre, no matter what kind of situations they get in. It's been awesome and I need to find more time to rp with you.

Alas, she retired.

• So, uh, hi. I wanted to do this on the proper profile, but evidently retiring your character locks you out of posting as them on forums. Imagine that.

So yeah, I'm Arbre. I didn't tell many people who I was when I started playing Tsarra because I wanted to look at the world with fresh eyes. But in the FOURTEEN years I've played Aetolia, I feel like I've run it into the ground. Arbre's still the best thing I've ever built, but as long as I kept her alive, I'd never move on. So I retired her. A little later I missed RPing so I pulled everything to Tsarra and started playing off and on.

But I haven't felt that draw to the game since then. And that urge to RP? Maybe it was just an urge to WRITE at all? Because in the last week I've knocked out 1,300 words in something that is swiftly turning an idea I'd played around with for years into an actual novel. And I'm much more proud of that than I ever was Arbre. So I guess that's good.

Anyways, it's 2am and I'm wide awake and I just thought I'd say goodbye. I've already tapered out of the game, I'll taper out of the forums soon too. In any case, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I just wanted to say thanks to so many people who have, throughout the years, made Aetolia into a sweet memory for me. I'm not even gonna try to name names, I'll miss someone and hate myself for it. If you ever want to talk to me, I'm Arbre#9150 on Discord.
    AlystrineRouxPhoeneciaRihrinMoxieAloliZeheiaRhineValdas
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    You'll be missed, sis.