Arbre Aquila

Comments

• Arbre is on my (short) list of people that includes, pretty much, @xavin and yourself. That is, the list of people that I can't quite get a read on, can't quite come up with a reason to interact with on more than a casual level, but really want to. 

That being said, what little time I have spoken with you has been fun, and you make me laugh at least five times a day via various outlets. 
    Arbre
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to go extra kudos on the loving here for the character. Not just through any interactions between Piper and her which have occurred, but mostly in general. You do a damn good job at getting people to scratch their heads wondering what just happened when you flew through the room and said things. You're exciting and passionate and bring life to the people around you and whenever I see your name attached to a group or event, I know something FUN just went down. Something that gets people thinking and just going.

Keep playing Aetolia and keep being yourself, Arbre and you are both excellent parts of Aetolia that I look forward to seeing even though our characters never seem to have a reason to interact.
    ArbreErzsebet
  • So Arbre was one of the very first people to help/spend time with Katszia (when she was still wearing rose-tinted glasses.) It pretty much blew me away that someone Katszia didn't even share a guild with was willing to help out so much, and more than that, sit down and randomly talk with her about well... whatever came up really.

Although Arbre and Katszia haven't spent almost any time together in the past couple years, Katszia will probably always look up to her to some extent or another. She was bummed when Arbre left Enorian, and even more bummed (and maybe a little jealous) when she found out Arbre went to Spines.

But overall? Awesome character with a helluva lotta background.
    Arbre
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    imageimage
    MoireanAryanneAishiaLin
  • edited January 2014
    I should have gotten around to this sooner.

I adore this character, for her consistency, for her forwardness, for her honesty. The consistency with which you play Arbre is pretty incredible - even in the short time we've spent together (far too little) I'm beginning to get a sense for her moods, her patterns of movement and her modes of speech. When you respond to something Cannan says I immediately think "Well Arbre WOULD say that, wouldn't she?" And that's the highest praise I can give someone in this game.

I'm also genuinely intrigued by the huge amount of history you've built up in Arbre's two hundred and some odd years of existence - she constantly hints at it, and it doesn't feel just made up on the spot (probably because it's not), but like actual, honest-to-god lore, that someone really experienced. My one regret has been that we don't get enough time to rp - classes have started back up and I'm juggling a pretty hellacious schedule right now. Hopefully things will settle down soon.
    Arbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I am sincerely happy, on the player level, that I impulsively dragged you along to the Spirean balls all those months back. Since then, a tentative friendship has blossomed between Moi and Arbre, and friendships are something Moi is very skittish about.

Moi is less happy about it. She liked Arbre in Duiran, happy with Rivas - she saw them as this perfect, content couple surrounded by love and friends and family, and when she was dealing with the effects of the plague, it was comforting to go spy on Arbre and see something nice and not broken. Moi ended up getting somewhat talked into being tormented a bit by Omei in exchange for Arbre being treated nicely by the goddess...and having that secret deal made Arbre's eventual defection to darkies eat at her horribly, especially since Rivas blamed her for it. Here Moi had been trying to do what she could in the background to keep this special, pretty thing unbroken and safe, and somehow she was being blamed for ruining it.

She's a bit uncertain how she feels about Arbre now, because of that. She's avoided Arbre for most of her recruit gruntwork, and did her best to make her induction demanding enough that Arbre would be deterred (Moi may talk a big game, but there are times that not even she is sold on her evil, slaughter-happy lifestyle of choice). Still, part of her is glad that Arbre endured, and hints of that slipped out in the Tainting. Now that Arbre is knighted, they can poke at that tentative friendship again, perhaps.

Obviously from a player level I adore you. You're fun, your character is rich and well crafted, her personality is really intriguing and her long overall story is an interesting one. You write really well and I'm quite happy to get lost spending a few hours RPing with you. Your character challenges me creatively to think up fun and engaging situations/tasks/etc, and I like that a lot. It makes Aetolia fun to play, so thank you for being you. <3
    ArbreAishia
  • Whyyyyyyyyyy.

That is all.

No, it isn't.

Stop giving Spinesreach all the Arbre and give me a chance. Even if you're just going to come yell at me again.

Also, totally didn't realize you were going to know who sent that letter. Son of a b. But you made me buy a pigeon. :)

I legitimately felt.. sad IRL when Slyphe muzzled you, which made me feel strange because I was also super stoked about the whole interaction. Every single one I've had with an Arbre involved has been quality.
  • When Arb was killing villagers recently, I considered wandering in to see what was going on.

But I couldn't see the interaction being anything but unpleasant and with no way of knowing if Arb was already being hounded by people or not, I figured it would be better for you as a player if I just ignored it.
  • Rashar said:

I legitimately felt.. sad IRL when Slyphe muzzled you, which made me feel strange because I was also super stoked about the whole interaction. Every single one I've had with an Arbre involved has been quality.
    I had the urge to rip Slyphe's face off for that. It was why Meyvi tried to rip it off. Just had a gut reaction to remove it
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I <3 you Slyphe. That was awesome.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Slyphe
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014
    Arbre! You lefteded usss. Insofar as you do, anyway. <3 Whichever corner of the game you go to, enjoying RP with you is easy, as it is always interesting and fun. We need to interact much more often than we do.

Definitely have planned excuses for RP for the future, 'cause RPing with you is always worth it. Whether my character's hating or loving you at the time. Just. <3 Awesome.
    imageimage
  • RPing with Arbre is always worth it, I agree. Even when I'm going I dunoo, I dunno what I'm doing--be goofy!
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2014
    I've always wanted a chance to RP with you, but even when Serrice was in the same pack, I never felt anything meaningful or story-developey came out of it, or that Serrice came across as a serious character worthy of your time. Kind of regret that.

@Serrice I've always had this feeling you/Serrice hated me, so...
    Xavin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I don't think she's had much of an opportunity to form any sort of informed opinion.

As for the player, I respect anyone who can write and create stories as well as you can.

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.

So far Trager's entire history with Arbre has gone like thus:

Hearing whispers of this intriguing wolf that everyone seems to know of, and greatly looking forward to meeting her.

Finally meeting her and at first opinion finding her quite polite, maybe even soft spoken. A pleasure to speak with.

Trager's mind was then blow irrevocably and he will never be the same.

As Trager he's ridiculously skittish and withdrawn and for whatever reason has no idea, as he is not one to be frightened so easily. As ME, the player, I find myself reading and rereading all of my emotes and STILL fudging them up from the pure jolt of nerves I get when RPing with you.

Needless to say, a very welcome addition to Trager's daily life and I am quite curious to see how it progresses.

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• You are hands down one of my favorite peoples to RP with. I have enjoyed seeing the relationship with Arbre and Jas evolve and they just seemed to have gotten closer after everything was said and done. Jas feels like she really can talk to you about anything in the world and I'm glad that you don't mind me randomly bugging you at times. And thank you for dragging me around bashing with you. Here's to more fun times!
  • <3
    Arbre
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Love me some Arbs
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I miss Arbre, I don't think there ever was anyone else with as much insight into Aishia as a character, or who I could hash out really complex RP with more effectively. There was always this, seeing right past each others BS, character wise. Especially in the prime. It started off as HATRED, then in getting close to try to undermine her things seemed to grow more amicable, though never stable. Plenty of fallings out and lapses in attention over the forevers but I don't think the relationship ever stopped being deeply rooted or capable of having major implications. It's crazy thinking back to some of the major moments in Aishia's life that she shared with Arbre.
    Bumping this.
  • Haven't had a ton of time spent, but @Arbre is her aunt and Kendri looks up to her. Arbre will always be the one that liberated Kendri when she couldn't figure out how to shift back. Very enjoyable, and I wish I had logged it!

Looking forward to more family time.
  • @Arbre is a character on Xenia's radar for a long while, it is only in the past few months the two have begun to form a meaningful relationship that extended beyond acquaintances. While initially Xenia received Arbre with a level of contempt and was stand-offish, I've enjoyed the friendship they began to forge and look forward to seeing how this progresses under the new dynamic of having Arbre in the guild, under Xenia's authority.

I have no idea what Arbre was like prior to rejoining the Carnifex, however there seems to be a sincere change to the character that previously I had not seen. It's exciting for me to see the organic process of Arbre's development and am glad to be a part of this current chapter of her life.

It's been a hot minute.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I always have something to say. I talk about you like you talked to me about your own idols/heroes/influential people when I was the newbie sitting at your knee learning the ropes and getting slapped around for my insolence. We've drifted apart, but I still start many of my stories with "Arbre this" or "I remember when Arbre that." I could only hope I've ever influenced a newbie as much as you did me.
    Arbre
  • I was just going to reanimate this thread anyway! Good timing.

I suppose I haven't had a chance to get to know @Arbre as a complex or intricate character yet. But it's obvious there's a lot there, and I'd love to start. What I HAVE noticed is your style. You have a unique way of carrying weight with concise writing, which can be a tricky line to walk, and you do it elegantly.

Obligatory kudos for being so helpful and approachable in general. At the risk of sounding like a broken record in these threads, I'll echo the sentiment: players like you are why players like me stick around, and that shouldn't be understated.

That's it for first impressions. More to come?

ErzsebetArbre
    It's been a hot minute and I'm on the verge of quitting (which has nothing to do with any of y'all or the admin), so I thought a last roundup might be nice.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    @Arbre is one of my favourite people ever. Bene and her have a long standing friendship that has been fraught with all kinds of doings and happenings. Regardless of whatever has happened, they have always remained friends and Arbre has provided the 'Devil's Advocate' role more often than not.

The RP is always so easy. I never feel pressured and you manage to convey everything that is going on with Arbre in such a nonchalant, easy manner that is also very enjoyable to read and respond to.

I do hope that you've not fully quit and that this is just a hiatus as you will be dearly missed.
    It's been awhile and I've interacted with some new people.