MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Even with minimal (almost 0) triggers and settings my computer still chokes like woah on cmud. Guess my mudlet junk will have to hold me over until July.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I just got a phone call from the admissions department at the grad school I am going to attend. Apparently they found a MINOR hiccup with my application - I never technically graduated from college. I called the registrar's office at my old uni, and they were like, "...Uhh...there's no reason why you shouldn't have graduated that we can see...but there's no degree posted. We'll...uhh...call you back."

This is why you shouldn't play hooky at the graduation ceremony. Thought I'd save myself a few bucks on the cap and gown silliness. :(
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    That's odd. The ceremony's just that. The degree should've been all resolved weeks before that.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited March 2013
    I got kinda involved in a hit and run accident with uh.. an ambulance. Right during my lunch break, I went for a walk without my ipod and, while crossing on a crosswalk, a bloody ambulance turns the corner and bumps me/my leg. I scurried to the curb (which was less than 2 feet away) and ended up not catching the plate or company in my frenzy to see if I was OK and nod to the witnesses who were checking to see if I was OK.. none of which caught that info, either. Note, I was wearing contacts and can't see very far in them.

Now I have a bruise on my leg and no one to blame it on. >:[

Edit- Not to mention, going into minor shock a few minutes later while manning the front desk by yourself is not a very pleasant experience. Nothing says 'welcome to the office' like someone staring at you in a daze while she's clammy, pale and seems to be hyperventilating.
    Well, I finished up in the winter and didn't stick around for the last semester, since I met reqs, so my timeline was a bit unique. I went to a hippie school, where we crafted our own major and then present a big long thesis in front of a committee. This includes compiling our own list of courses taken, with a writeup of why each one was relevent. I am going to bet that there is some really silly little thing like a freaking typo or a transposed number in there.

Still, you'd think over 7 years they might have let me know. :/
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    When we fill out applications to graduate, we can specify that we're not walking in the line - I don't have any intention to (I'm throwing the deuces and getting the hell out of dodge as soon as my last final is over).
    Riluo
  • I rage that skype shuts down every 15 minutes on my mac. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Does it do that OH WAIT I'M THINKING - GRAY OUT STALL AND GONE thing, with the pinwheel of death?

I hate that. ><
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Valenae said:
    I rage that skype shuts down every 15 minutes on my mac. 
    Bahaha. That's what you get for having that sorry excuse for a piece of equipment. 

/hatesmacs
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    KiyotanDhar
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Agreed. You pretty much deserve all the bad things that happen to you if you buy from Apple.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Dhar
  • edited March 2013
    Kiyotan said:
    Agreed. You pretty much deserve all the bad things that happen to you if you buy from Apple.
    No one deserves -this amount- of annoyance. :P

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Currently frustrated with Skype, but for another reason. It seems my account is a very popular one to just randomly want to add. I have strangers send me contact requests quite often. Being polite, I always ask if I know them from somewhere before ignoring (never know, might be some strange Aetolia person!). Most frequent response to my question is:

"Oh, I'm a US/NATO army guy, who felt bored, saw your profile and thought it might be nice to chat."

:-/

• I had to change  my Skype account last year because of that very reason. My freshman brain 5 years ago didn't realize what kinda people the name "collegegirl" would bring out of the woodwork.
    imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I refuse to use Skype because it's an absolute murder monster to computer memory.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Sucks to be you! My computer doesn't even flinch when I skype, Guild wars 2, LoL, and Aetolia all at the same time. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Oh, I can too. I just refuse to use Skype because I don't like a simple VoIP client using so much memory.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    (Read: Nobody wants to talk to me :()
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Calipso
  • edited March 2013
    My computer acts up when I hulu and skype at the same time; little squares break out over my screen and every thing freezes

Dhar

Valenae said:
    My computer acts up when I hulu and skype at the same time; little squares break out over my screen and every thing freezes
    Make sure you update Flash Player. That's usually a common symptom of needs updates.
  • I rage at overly large signature .gifs.
    EzalorCalipso
  • edited March 2013
    YEAH SEIR

Add some disturbing onto that. 
    Valenae
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited March 2013
    @Nola: Fell for it too, eh?
    DharPiperHaven
  • Rage at random panic attacks for no obvious reason, leaving me crying for half an hour.

Also raging at @Seir's sig, since I speed past it and miss a lot of posts. That guy is just.. disturbing he hell out of me.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I don't know whether to love or hate Battlestar Galactica at this point.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Arbre
  • Love it near the beginning, hate it near the end. That's what the rest of us do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

DharMoireanArbrePiper
    My signature is trolling everyone.

This can only be a good thing and brings much joy to my day. >:D
  • I really hope Bioshock Infinite works on my craptop. I don't want to buy anything on console if I can help it (unless it's a vita. I would buy everything on vita if it was available). :/
    Rivas said:
    Love it near the beginning, hate it near the end. That's what the rest of us do.
    I read somewhere that the writers didn't think it would make it past like, one season, so right around season 3ish, they just started randomly making up stuff. Hence it getting pretty wtfish.
  • Seir said:
    My signature is trolling everyone.

This can only be a good thing and brings much joy to my day. >:D
    Apparently it trolled you--you maxed out their bandwidth.
    Seir
  • People running away from me constantly in a fight because of retardation and a single singularity. Then complain and insult me for being bad when they're the one constantly running. Give up after a while because, it's pretty much a "I don't see that person here spam." They get the kill, because I've given up. Then they finish with another round of insults through a message and ignore. Makes me incredibly mad. 

Also hearing that I'll need to walk with a cane for the next few weeks and might need a surgery. I just turned 21, I'm too young for canes and surgery. . ;.;