I'm here to bring a bit of a teaser your way, as a consideration for the effort we've seen in the Great Hunt so far. Hopefully everyone is enjoying their holiday break while earning themselves a few credits. I hope that's the case, because at the end of this Great Hunt, we are happy to announce that we will be implementing a long needed and much awaited revamp: Statpacks!
Shortly after the Great Hunt has concluded, we will be releasing a sweeping change to our current statpack system. We are refining the final details for this release, so I will not be sharing the exact numbers or statpacks involved. However, there are several important details you may be keen to know:
- All statpacks have been retooled and balanced against one another using a weighted formula. This means some of the outlier statpacks that were a bit too strong have been reined in, while the unlikely choices have received a few bonuses to make them worthwhile.
- Endgame statpacks have been merged into the pre-endgame statpacks. The jump in strength and general tankiness from levels 98 to 99 presented a goal that became an unwritten requirement for PK and a large amount of content as a whole. We would prefer a slope towards this goal, with a gradual increase in benefits rather than a sudden jump. This does mean that, on average, statpacks will be slightly stronger. To that end:
- Instead of endgame statpacks, beginning at level 80, players will be able to customize their statpacks with the use of 'enhancements'. Each enhancement may be used to increase a base stat, add a level of resistance, or even increase balance or equilibrium speed. You may only take a specific enhancement once, and each enhancement falls into a group of enhancements that may have further restrictions (for instance, you are unable to enhance your equilibrium speed if you have already chosen balance). You will generate your first enhancement point at level 80, with additional points being earned periodically up until 100.
- Because of this enhancement system, I'm pleased to announce that we will finally be offering post-100 cumulative enhancements! Every ten levels beyond 100, you will be able to further bolster your character's statistics with a different set of enhancements. While much more minor in comparison, these enhancements also include some unique choices unavailable to pre-endgame. Skill points will still be generated separately.
- When you reincarnate, you will be able to specify your enhancements anew. We will also allow for the storage of enhancement sets, to allow for ease of setting when swapping between statpacks.
- Finally, and this is important: we have removed statpack modifiers for balance and equilibrium. This means you will only be able to bolster your balance and equilibrium by a single level, and only with enhancements. We will be slowing all curative balances proportionally to account for this, resulting in combat speed being slowed by roughly 7%. We will be carefully watching the changes and implications from this, and further adjusting combat speed at a later date. Of course, things such as passive attacks and entities will need specific attention, so expect further tweaks to come.
Details and specifics will be forthcoming very soon, so keep an eye out - and give our current statpack system a last hurrah by hunting!