LOVE

Comments

• The sperm donor getting what he earned. We left him in peace for 12 years, kid finds him on FB, chats him up, he starts out nice and transforms into a complete and utter turd to her. She demands that he gets a paternity test, so we go through the courts. Test forced upon him, results back, and he is (no surprise) the father. Oh, and now he owes 12 years of back support and has to start paying me. All because he couldn't be polite to his own child. 
    • My client may be offering me full time work at the equivalent of a $21-25 an hour. Thus completely resolving any and all financial troubles that have hounded me for the last half year. 
    • Because of both of the above, I MAY be ready to go back to school Winter or Spring quarter. If not then, for sure next Fall. On my own dime. -happy dance-
    imageimage
    HavenAlistairePiper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited June 2013
    Wait wha... You mean a legitimate sperm donor at one of those sperm banks or that a term you using for an ex? Cause uhhh... Sounds a little off to owe child support after donating your junk.

Edit: I mean. I'm happy for you but damn. o.o
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited June 2013
    No. But he doesn't really deserve the title of father. He choose to step out of her life when she was a baby. I didn't go after child support. Because I have been on food assistance at various times during her life, the process of getting him tested resulted in the state automatically seeking child support. I personally would rather a father than a paycheck, and if he isn't interested in being a father I have no interest in his paycheck. State feels differently. I find it funny because he spent years lying to everyone that I was gunning for a paycheck, he ran away to Thailand (he's Irish, not Thai) to escape support I wasn't seeking. He'd not owe me anything still if he'd just been polite to my kid when she talked to him. 

Just desserts is the phrase, I think. 

Edit: Since he doesn't want to be a dad, he can pay part of her college costs. .
    imageimage
    HavenAlistairePiperArbreKikonValenaePerilunaMastema
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The Great Hunt is over! I had lots of fun hanging out in webs and the city hunting clan and turntable - everyone who chatted and was goofy made the whole thing fun!

The awesome newbies we have in Spinesreach. You guys seriously have made this weekend wonderful and I really hope you stick around.

The Chiav event. Spines, you guys are a bunch of goofs, but witty, snappy, sharp goofs, and I loved that little event - feeding the Chiav pinchers while the Lieutenant looked on in frustration was pretty funny.

Iosyne. Really fun and creative stuff lately, and Moi is legitimately in scaredlove with Her. Really excited to see where this goes with Omei back!!!

And TOZ LOGGED IN TODAY YAAAAAYYYYY
    EsperPiperBaseilLinPeriluna
  • He has returned to his homeland. 

• TozToz
    edited June 2013

Nola said:
    He has returned to his homeland. 

MFW I leave for like 2 weeks and Moirean becomes her own country?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SetneAarbrok
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    They're calling you fat, @Moirean.
    LinEzalorTeaniIllikaal
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Haven
    Illidan said:
    I... want to play that now.
    havenbanner2
  • After waking up after 12 hours...yay. Tons of credits...yay. Though Lusternia still owes me 500 :( for some reason they aren't paying anyone yet.
  • Haven said:
    Illidan said:
    I... want to play that now.
    I really want the standalone to be released, even at the least in Beta!
  • I love having an entire weekend of lounging about and recuperating from the long weeks I have. 
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Solaria said:
    Angwe said:

They playing at the Norva? I miss that place! Heard Rancid does an awesome show, regardless, so have fun. :D
    Yeah, it was Norva. Transplants were there, too. Travis Barker spit on me. Good times!

Just got home this morning to wash everyone else's sweat off me. Good mosh pit, good vibes.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I've just started reading Robert Jordans "The Wheel of Time" series. Wow. I really hope the rest of the series is as good as this first volume is proving to be.
    Ezalor
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Heh. You're in for a disappointment. The first three books are FANTASTIC but the series -really- drags in the middle volumes before picking up again near the end.

He also died before finishing the series so there's quite a change in style going from Jordan to Sanderson, but it's not necessarily a bad one.
    HavenSessizlikKerrynCiarelleBakhtuh
  • All of you should read Steven Erickson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series. All of you.
    Haven
    Atrapoema said:
    All of you should read Steven Erickson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series. All of you.
    Had to repeat. @Haern first put me onto the series and I haven't looked back. It's rough to swallow at first but once you get used to the style... hold onto your seats! :D
    havenbanner2
  • Re: Sanderson

I wasn't going to read Wheel of Time when I found out Jordan died before finishing it, but having just finished the Mistborn trilogy by Sanderson a while before, once I found out he'd be finishing the series, I became excited again.

The Mistborn approach to 'magic' is really unique, or at least, it is in my experience, and the strong female protagonist is something I always enjoy. I don't often read a lot of the popular books that could have them, because I [to put it charitably] think they're terrible and when I feel a book is poorly written, it takes a massive amount of interesting lore or character development to keep me interested.

I still haven't read Wheel of Time, but I -do- recommend Mistborn if you want to get a feel for Sanderson.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    So happy right now! Found out that I'm going to be switching back to full-time hours come August, and doing something different. My time playing text games and doing crafting has paid off! I'm going to get to play with copy work. My day couldn't get any better..unless I won the lottery without even playing it.

HavenAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love Brandon Sanderson!! I started with Warbreaker (another book with an amazing magic system) and couldn't wait to get started with the next one. Read Mistborn, was also fantastic, and Elantris, which was his first book, also amazing.

I just bought Way of Kings, which is the first in a series of his. He's still working on the second book, but I read that he's almost finished (just some tweaking to do) and then it goes off to editors and such. I really recommend all of them to anyone who enjoys fantasy.

Steven Erikson's Malazan is a heavy thing, but very well written. I just need the time to really get into it next time I pick it up. I've been recommended it by a fellow fantasy-enthusiast.

I can also recommend Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear), though his third book of that series is not yet finished.

• I heard a lot of great things about The Name of the Wind, and I'm waiting for the series to finish before I pick it up.

If reading A Song of Ice and Fire has taught me anything, it's not to get into a world when the author is still writing the series >.>
    AryanneCiarelleBenedicto
  • Got an A in my course. Teacher said she'd never given an A before, so I was the first student she believed deserved it! Definitely a confidence booster
    PiperArbreMinaraelMoireanHavenAryanneLianca
  • @Munsia--were the aetolian credits from great hunt? Or...did you actually win the 5000?

@Moirean, wish I could have seen you feeding pinchers to the Chiav. I just got to watch Kiyo being smug and not being able to understand a word of the conversation!

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • edited June 2013
    Meyvitch said:

@Munsia--were the aetolian credits from great hunt? Or...did you actually win the 5000?

Noone's won the lottery...it's up to 15000. If I win that I'm deciding how to anger everyone with it.

Side note, still no pay out in Lusternia though...27 and a half hours later! Something about someone won two Great Hunts being a travesty
  • @Oleis - I understand there's more folks that operate in the background and whatnot in terms of coding, but much love for your quick work with just about everything you do. Bugs like the ones listed in the thread you made the other day are taken care of with impressive speed, and the sheer fact that the first round of liaison changes are already coded in and in effect just a few days after the process had officially ended is superb. 
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinMoireanOleisLiancaEzalor
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I'm willing to be subjugated by Oleis and have his babies. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Working a 40hr work week this week which isn't great, but I'll love the paycheck.

Applied for a job making twice the money I make now and with better benefits and hours. Totally heard back from them today. Going into phase two of my application process. Awwwyeah
    MoireanAryanneEsperXavin
  • Illidan said:
    I'm willing to be subjugated by Oleis and have his babies. 

You sent the following message to Oleis:
    Have my babies.

Apparently you're not alone in those thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    All of my new friends in Spinesreach. You guys are all cool. I even used a custom emote tonight. And I kinda like it.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanSolariaLinAldricEzalorAngwe
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Corlin said:
    If reading A Song of Ice and Fire has taught me anything, it's not to get into a world when the author is still writing the series >.>
    I agree to an extent, because waiting a year for the next book in a series is pure torture, but the build-up to it can be good imo.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"