LOVE

Comments

• Day off tomorrow.

Simple pleasures.
    AryanneDidiIsandeIshinHaven
  • Sent the evil, terribly rotten foster kid packing, and finished with this semester.

No more babysitting a 13 year old. No more 70-80 question Biology tests every week.

I suddenly have SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIESSSSSSSS.

I don't have to work the next two days.

Dear God grant me the strength to not get day drunk.
    AarbrokDidiAryanneSakylIshinTeaniEmelle
  • Totally misread the first "d" in "day drunk". It sounded terribly less interesting when I read it correctly.

SakylAsaraii
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Omg love for @Moirean for that forging update. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I love the band Isis.

I hate the death glares I get walking down the street with an Isis t-shirt on.
    Aryanne
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    My headset of six years broke two days ago to my shock and horror. Got the replacement today (literally the same one) and it's KILLING MY BRAIN, but oh it sounds like it did six years ago! I love this headset!

I also got the artbook by Bluecanvas for The Order: 1886. Mediocre game, really AWESOME artbook and art direction. Oh god, it smells so good. I love the smell of a new book so much. Yaaaas.

Mad Max being everything I hoped (and wanted) it to be. One of the best action movies I've ever seen if not one of the best movies I've ever seen. George Miller blew me away. I can't wait to go see it again this week.

ArekaAarbrokEzalorIshinTrigruPerilunaMinaret
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I was excited to see it when I saw it had a 98% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. So I went poking around a bit about the movie and found this quote from a critic:

"The first car chase in the film is one of the best car chases I've ever seen and it is by far the worst car chase in the movie."

Now my hype is fully raised.
    IshinMinaret
    Yah, that's very accurate.

The movie wallows in insanity and it is glorious. Miller does amazing world building throughout. All the characters are so fully realized. God, it was so good.

Periluna
    @Hadrak have you played Dust, an Elysium Tail? I just got it today and I think I've sat down for like two or three 3-hour stretches or so, so far. It's so good, and it's so beautiful. Like holy shit.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Trigru
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ishin said:

@Hadrak have you played Dust, an Elysium Tail? I just got it today and I think I've sat down for like two or three 3-hour stretches or so, so far. It's so good, and it's so beautiful. Like holy shit.

It's very Korean. I enjoyed playing it. Take good notes about places you can't access!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    IshinTrigru
  • @Ishin fun as shit, lol. Best freaking game I played in a while..sat down and played it in nearly eight to sixteen hours..fun as shit though.
    Ishin
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Dust is the business. Sadly my computer kinda chugs while playing it! It's definitely going on the "play immediately" list once I get my new one.
    Trigru said:

Dust is the business. Sadly my computer kinda chugs while playing it! It's definitely going on the "play immediately" list once I get my new one.

If you have an xbox, it's in the Arcade games too.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AarbrokTrigru
    edited May 2015
    Haven't grabbed Dust yet, but I'll probably snag it down the road during a sale or when I get through my enormous backlog. Work's been slapping me across the face for the past month now, so I'm just playing through Wolfenstein TNO/The Old Blood (and replaying Dishonored/Knife of Dunwall/The Brigmore Witches for the 6th time) when I grab some free time.

Ishin
  • Back from my wedding at the beach. Pictures will be posted later. Was a great time even though Ana was a slight issue in the beginning. Sorry didn't have time to try to meet up with any NC aetolians while I was at Sunset Beach.

AryanneRowenaIshinHaven
  • I love Dragon Age Inquisition. I have SO many games to play, but I bit the bullet and went for a second playthrough on this one and I remember just why it was my favourite game last year. It's incredible, so much detail and even having played it there is so much different when you pick a different gender, race, worldstate and side with different people.
    Haven
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I love that I am finally a student again and the paperwork is finalized with old student loans.

I have had a rough week with getting re-injured and being off work once again, the slew of appointments that followed just shook me up a bit, but perhaps in a good way. In my downtime of trying to distract myself I spent time researching information in regards to my past due loans, handling a few things and loose strings and getting accepted to college.

A degree in arts for Interior Design....here I come!
    AryanneArekaDidiEmelleNolaTeaniIsande
    Aarbrok said:

A degree in arts for Interior Design....here I come!

Aarbrok
  • Corn field internet acting field of dream-like, couldn't stream GOT on HBOGo. Smuggled little bottles of wine into the theater to watch Mad Max. First movie I've ever gone to by myself. SWEETEST MOVIE EVER. 10/10 would do again so hard.

Love Tom Hardy. Ermergerd.
    AarbrokIsandeIshin
    At my second viewing of Mad Max and just as excited as I was for the first. WITNESS ME!

ArekaAsaraiiIshin
  • I absolutely loved The Flash season finale. I know some people disliked some things about it -cough- @Mariena -cough-, but that was the best episode of television I've seen in a long, long time. What a fantastic show. Truly a credit to DC Comics and it is still a horrible shame they aren't using Grant Gustin in the films for the character. I'm just speechless, really. Such emotion, such awesome special effects, and such a twist near the end that I didn't see coming.

So awesome.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    IshinDamonicusIsandePeriluna

Ugggh goooood I can't waaaaait. There's so many different things they could do and if it's anything like Artorias of the Abyss, it'll be so ace.

AarbrokIshin
    Is it a Dark Soul type of game, @Hadrak??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm a bit sleepy over here, but my first though was "Didn't they just change it to a Rituos Praenomen path?"
    IshinZsadist
    Ishin said:

Is it a Dark Soul type of game, @Hadrak??

Souls successor, yeah. Very similar gameplay with some differences that set it apart from Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Dark Souls II. Much faster paced. Done by Hidetaka Miyazaki who directed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as well. Story/setting is Gothic horror that evolves into Lovecraftian horror and is, in some ways, more nebulous than either of its predecessors. (until you dig in deep and then the insanity cap pops off in your face)

This boss fight is probably my favorite boss fight across all of the games, although Artorias, Gwyn, and Demon King Allant come very, very close.

• Lots of love for this past rifts and portal event. It really was a lot of fun and I had such a blast! Shoutout to everyone involved from Spinesreach, Bloodloch and the few Lighters I managed to run into, you guys rock.
    SilenaEzalorAryanneDristinAarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2015
    So, after the fight I got involved in on Monday, I've had to write a report and the principal has been notified about me taking some hits from the fighting students. It's rough being a teacher sometimes.

However, it is all balanced out when a student the day after comes in high-fiving you and telling you you're the reason they are actually getting a grade at all. Since coming to this school and working as a substitute teacher I've managed to get at least 4 students up to a passable level that others considered hopeless cases. Feeling quite good about myself!

AarbrokIsandeDidiEmelle
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I am high on sedatives right now and going in to have another scan on my body, then I get to go have a needle jammed in my spine.

Why is this a love?

Maybe they will finally find a way to fix me, I am so tired of being broken. Fingers crossed.
    I will be around later, no promises on RP quality, I might be a bit out of it lol.
    IsandeTeani