Post Your Pictures!

Comments

• Oh noes! The secret is no longer a secret!

AarbrokAryanne
  • It's not, no. Seeing @Omei's post, I figured I might as well post, too, though. I'm modestly confident in this one.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Dude. Until Aetolia, I pretty much only ever played dudes. 
  • I like to think I can at least convey a variety of personas. I've played shy, aggressive, loud, evil, good, even dabbled briefly with insane. But I cannot for the life of me RP a girl. I just spam giggle and titter.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TragerIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I always just imagined your characters were all related somehow from every game I ever played with you @Toz, kinda like a mom who was like..."Eh, just change the first letter of this ones name"

Ooooh he likes bombs!
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    My brain is a little bit hurt now.
    TragerNolaIshinDrahkuna
  • edited August 2014
    I've known Melantha's player was a guy for a while now (a few years, even) but I still end up thinking/referring to him as a girl, like I still view Edhain's as a guy.

The power of convincing RP.
    OmeiAryanneEmelle
  • edited August 2014
    @Piper Glad it wasn't just me. I mean, I know I'm not unique, but I constantly find myself wondering how I'm doing.

@Toz I can't speak for your experiences, but for me, I kinda just let my characters build themselves, male or female. Even if it means starting with "This is me, only not" and working up or away from there.

@Auresae I'm sorry for the brain pain. I suppose that means I can put my doubts about my roleplay to rest, then. ^^;

@‌Nola You know, way back when, I didn't think about it when I gave you my messenger info. Honestly, part of the reason why I kept quiet about being a guy was to take advantage of a meta aspect of the game, namely people's subconscious assumptions. It helps enforce my characters' images in both their heads and mine, and it helps me learn to portray my characters better. When it hit me, I was like, "Well, so much for that. Oh, well." I can't remember your reaction. I think it was just a normal conversation.
    ~~

~~
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Aetolia, where the men are men, the women are men, and the gender less are men.
    IshinTragerAshmerOmeiHavenStathan
  • @Jensen Well, someone had to say it, I suppose. Even if it is old and tired.
    ~~

~~
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Guys, I have a confession.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Trager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited August 2014
    Shit, is @Ashmer a guy too? Bu-...bu-.. He plays girl -so- well!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

SlypheSetneHavenAryanneTeaniPeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I've seen him topless. If he's a girl, he's a rather unimpressive one.
    AshmerTragerAryanneTeaniEmellePiperIshinErzsebet
  • Jensen said:

Aetolia, where the men are men, the women are men, and the gender less are men.

It's true. it's why I can't wear a skirt shorter than my knees.

Politics
    TragerAryanneIshinEmelleAshmerDrahkuna
  • edited August 2014
    Here's some pics from my time in Seattle

Dragons are real!

I like otters

I guess I'm mid-talk, but it turned into my Zoolander impression

View from the boat I was on during the show

And here is St. George, Utah from the week before. Was pretty, but was also 109 degrees. No thanks.
    SetneAryanneMoireanSlypheGwenithJensenIshinHavenRiluo
    So Seattle has dragons, you say....
    Omggggg I want one.
    RiluoTragerPeriluna
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    That last picture of the cutie says DIVA all over it! You better watch out!
    TragerMelantha
  • I just thought I would share a picture of my brother... I worry about him all the time but he really looks happy.
    MoireanMelanthaTragerRiluoDrahkunaAreka
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Melantha - OORAH MARINE CORPS.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Oh my god I am having flashbacks. @Rashar.
    Multicams, bottled water and heater meals. I love the smell of fake bacon heated in water in the morning.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Volka
  • Eff you, bro. My multicams were stiff as a board and smelled like I'd been washing them in a five gallon bucket I was sharing with 10 other people for the whole trip. We didn't see a chow hall ( or bacon! ) except going into and out of country, or if we had to fly back to a fob for some reason or another. Our bottled water was so hot it was uncomfortable to drink, and we got so tired of MREs that most of us were living off of tuna and raman sent by our families.

Hmph to your flashbacks, my good man.

That looks like an airplane meal anyway. Was that him getting on the bird, @alee?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Rashar - What's a chow hall?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DemarcusRashar
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Oh man, this one time, all three A/C units failed while we were in the Gulf of Thailand. It was kind of warm. Thankfully we had an O-6 as our acting CO, so the parts got whisked over to us pretty quickly to get it fixed. But for 12 hours... man, that heat was oppressive.

And then this other time, Seventh Fleet came on board and I didn't get to eat because they took up the wardroom for some fancy-schmancy invitation-only meal -- surf and turf, of course.

>:)
  • @ishin I believe they're a mythical place, sort of like Atlantis. I hear some people see them and even eat in them, but I can't be sure!
    IshinHaven
  • @rashar Yes, actually that was him the day he was leaving on his deployment.
    Trager
  • You learn to recognize food sources. :)

I think we talked a little once before, but I think he's going to be good to go. Not going to stop you worrying, I know. I've got buddies spread out all over that place, so if you need someone to check in on him feel free to hit me up. Never know when someone will be close and willing to scoop him up for some range time or something fun to break the monotony.
    Ishin
  • I know he is in the 1191st Engineer Company... not sure exactly where he was deployed at this point, I've been pulling the pics from his wife's facebook and she rarely tells the rest of the family anything(for reasons I am not going to dramatize here) She communicates with my sister and thats about it.