That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• Why does Osmon sound familiar? -ponders- I think I used to run salvages when was in Procynergy there.. Never really been one for pvp though, so probably not up my field. However, if you wanna get into mining, Orca's are pure awesome, especially if you fit them with an ice miner or two and can mine ice. lol
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I like to do an array of stuff so by all means dont think we just want to pvp. I mostly do security missions at the moment, but I'm angling towards exploration. I've bought and unlocked the buzzard, but I'm running herons till I get my sea legs for those types of situations

characters name is Leonty if you want to fleet stuffs
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'm looking forward to Stellaris so much. I love strategy games, especially space ones, and since this one is made by Paradox (the ones who made CK2, EU4, etc.), I'm super excited how they're combining grand strategy with 4x. It has such potential.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    PvP in Dark Souls 3 is living the dream. Five people fighting all at once? Yessss! The Watchdog of Farron covenant has been a ton of fun, but looking forward to just going all in on the Mound-Makers and Rosaria's Fingers.

SeirJensenKelliara
    Hadrak said:

PvP in Dark Souls 3 is living the dream. Five people fighting all at once? Yessss! The Watchdog of Farron covenant has been a ton of fun, but looking forward to just going all in on the Mound-Makers and Rosaria's Fingers.

Haven't played it yet. Anything like the Dark Moon Covenant in 3?
    edited April 2016
    Seir said:

Hadrak said:

Haven't played it yet. Anything like the Dark Moon Covenant in 3?
    There is one, but I don't think it'll ever see any use. There's a covenant called the Way of Blue. It's the Way of White covenant, essentially, and is tied to the Blades of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels. If you're in the Way of Blue and invaded, a Blade of the Darkmoon or Blue Sentinel will be summoned to help you. How many people are in Way of Blue? Almost no one.

I miss the sinners angle, but there's a ton going on with the other covenants.

That leaves the Warriors of Sunlight, who can ALSO invade and get Sunlight Medals from victories/co-op, the Mound-Makers who are wildcards (you can kill anyone--host, invader, doesn't matter--you're insane) and collect Vertebra Shackles, Rosaria's Fingers who collect Pale Tongues and are vaguely reminiscent of the Chaos Servants with their leader, but with a PvP angle, Aldrich Faithful who collect dregs of humanity--and it's Aldrich.. he's.. something, and the Watchdogs of Farron (Forestbros, yo) who collect Swordgrass and invade the Road of Sacrifices and Farron Woods/Keep to defend their forest.

Oh, and there's no Ancient Dragon covenant, but there's a dragon path you can take for a transformation.

Kind of interested in the Mound-Makers as they sound like the Darkwraiths and the Watchdogs of Farron. Forest shenanigans were pretty great. Especially if you could chameleon as a tree and just hide and see if someone figures it out.
    Seir said:

Kind of interested in the Mound-Makers as they sound like the Darkwraiths and the Watchdogs of Farron. Forest shenanigans were pretty great. Especially if you could chameleon as a tree and just hide and see if someone figures it out.

Mound-Makers are pretty unique to DS3. I actually invaded someone and a Blue Sentinel showed up! Kinda nice, haha.

• Mound-Making since 2016, and proud of it.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Hadrak
    Had a 6 man brawl earlier. Me as a Mound-Maker, a Sunbro, a Watchdog, a Finger, a Blue Sentinel, and the Host.

Kelliara
  • Was it epic? Tell me it was epic. Even if everyone died embarrassing ways, rolling off cliffs or something, tell me it was epic.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Was anyone a tree???

Kelliara said:
    Was it epic? Tell me it was epic. Even if everyone died embarrassing ways, rolling off cliffs or something, tell me it was epic.
    Serrice said:
    Was anyone a tree???
    It was. Undeniably amazing to have such FFAs in Dark Souls. I ran AROUND a tree with the Host and Sunbro in hot pursuit.

KelliaraSerrice
  • Doom beta? Doom beta.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    More like Dork Souls.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Anyone still playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Man, Martyr Logarius really gave me a run for my money in Bloodborne, but Pontiff Sulyvahn in DS3 is on a completely different tier.

Really glad I summoned a phantom to help me kill him. He can be parried, but good lord he's like a wrecking ball with his combos. Oh well, like most of Yuka Kitamura's music, Pontiff's theme is amazing. I really liked the OST for DS1, was lukewarm on DS2's, but Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are just fantastic with Kitamura on the team.

• "Sorry Pontiff, I can't murder you horribly and consume your soul, I'm busy enjoying your music for a little while longer."
    Xenia
    Been doing Mound-Maker invasions after Pontiff and having a blast. I ended up inadvertently starting a fight club with six of us doing the toast gesture while we watched the duelists going at it.

Also had a great invasion where I ran into a sunbro and the host. I just waved and ran by them as they swung at me, went down a ladder--the sunbro followed and kicked at me. I was having none of that, punched him off the ladder to his death. The host followed me down, then sparred with me for a while until a Blue Sentinel was summoned in. Ran from the host (while he wildly swung at me), found the Sentinel and went to town on him. The host finally realized I didn't want to kill him and just applauded me as I murdered his helper.

BEING A MOUND-MAKER RULES.

Kelliara
  • I think the most surprising part of that story is that someone was using the Way of Blue covenant :open_mouth:
    edited April 2016
    Kelliara said:

I think the most surprising part of that story is that someone was using the Way of Blue covenant :open_mouth:

I'm really not sure if it is just Way of Blue, but then again I just invaded and had a Blue Sentinel AND Darkmoon show up to protect the host. It was terrifying. :s It seems like people are really gonna treat the area after Pontiff as the PvP zone sort of like Anor Londo was DS1. They might just be trying to get as many people to fight as possible. I know I saw someone spamming Dried Fingers for more summons.

I was a gibbering mess for like 20 minutes after I saw this announcement this morning. I am very excited. STILL EXCITED.

Severed finally came out and I'm so happy to finally be playing it. I've never been huge on touch screen games, but this is really excellent coupled with the music, art, and atmosphere.

Ishin
  • Gta online. please tell me I am not the only one who plays it.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    http://www.gta-darjeeling.org/ yeah but the graphics are really bad.

Holy mother of god.

AND DISHONORED 2 RELEASE DATE OF 11.11.16. I swear when video game announcements all shotgun like this I go crazy

FeirenzSerriceIshin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I was awful at that game but boy was it fun.

• Heh, I stream a variety of good and crappy games, I dunno if anyone wants to watch..but I've got a link, and I don't mind sharing it. I figure this is probably the best place to place a plug for the fact that I stream some.

if any of you guys wanna watch, feel free to jump in, just be mindful that my mod is ready with her banhammer for trolls and anyone who abuses smilies too much.

my channel is :Twitch.tv/llykas
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • this makes me laugh and think that someone at Bungee plays a lifer in Aetolia:

http://www.destinypedia.com/Malok,_Pride_of_Oryx

Finally a release date! (for Japan~) Persona 5 just looks so goddamn stylish.