Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• You knock on a large wall of ice.

An enormous rush of heat and flame from the south melts the obstructing icewall.

Damn decent of them!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

RasharEmelleZailaTrager
  • LaitLait Ohio
    edited June 2016
    I know self-quoting is bad form, but I couldn't help it.
    (Edit: For reference, Coryn's appearance is charred and melted and he's usually on fire or something.)

You say, "Hmh. Restraint."

@Rashar grins mischievously at you.

Knight-Aspirant @Coryn Volsteig says to you, "Saw you don't have much o' it. Like that in a gal."

You have emoted: Lait gives Coryn a shifty little smile. "I'm flattered, but you look like a plate
    of Xenia's Specialty."

"M'looks aren't in the genes." Coryn comments dejectedly.

@Nola suddenly cracks with laughter, her hand going to cover her face as she stifles it into
    snickering.

Settling only a bit, Nola says, "Ah, that was good.. Ahahaha.."

Rashar barks out a laugh, watching you with an amused and fond expression on his face. "I've got
    some things to do, yeah? Again, well done Coryn." Walking by you, he slaps you on the back and
    murmurs, "Beautifully jabbed, dear," on his way out.

Coryn's eyes follow his mentor as he leaves, "Maybe I'll just ascend and turn int' some sorta fish-
    man like @Benedicto." He grumbles, "He's handsome, right?"
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
    DidiZailaNolaRasharCorynBenedictoEmelleVolka
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Har. :(
    LaitBuford
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Lait said:
    I know self-quoting is bad form, but I couldn't help it. You say, "Hmh. Restraint." @Rashar grins mischievously at you. Knight-Aspirant @Coryn Volsteig says to you, "Saw you don't have much o' it. Like that in a gal." You have emoted: Lait gives Coryn a shifty little smile. "I'm flattered, but you look like a plate of Xenia's Specialty." "M'looks aren't in the genes." Coryn comments dejectedly. @Nola suddenly cracks with laughter, her hand going to cover her face as she stifles it into snickering. Settling only a bit, Nola says, "Ah, that was good.. Ahahaha.." Rashar barks out a laugh, watching you with an amused and fond expression on his face. "I've got some things to do, yeah? Again, well done Coryn." Walking by you, he slaps you on the back and murmurs, "Beautifully jabbed, dear," on his way out. Coryn's eyes follow his mentor as he leaves, "Maybe I'll just ascend and turn int' some sorta fish- man like @Benedicto." He grumbles, "He's handsome, right?"
    I'm going to take that as a compliment!

Haters gon' hate
  • Fighting Akara in our second sect duel when:

You glance over Akara and see that her health is at 2/5839. [[ 0% ]]

(I lost.)
    Missari
  • The world around you is momentarily still as the raspy whisper of Dhar, the Underking pervades, "Silence or death."

You shout, "Glorious death!"

You brace yourself in anticipation of the coming pain.

Atrapoema says nothing at all to you. His silence is deafening.

The surface of an ornately-framed mirror ripples, briefly revealing a murky visage.

(the Front Line): Meltas says, "Heh, oh dear."

(the Front Line): Shachalai says, "C'moooon Dhar, don't let us down."

(the Front Line): Melantha says, "Well, then."

You are abruptly frozen in your tracks, incapable of movement. You could see the faintest image of the massive Underking
    before you, His ghostly hand beckoning to you. Your insides turn as your soul itself replies to His Divine will and
    tries to fight its way out of your body. The painful battle begins with gruesome convulsions accompanying the tearing of
    muscles as the core of your very being turns on you. Agonizing pain rips a noiseless scream from your throat as every
    bone in your frame gradually wrenches and cracks, ending your suffering and allowing a wispy white haze to seep from
    your crumpled shell.
    DidiEmelleNola
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Aishia raises the cabbage on high, murmuring dark words of Dendaric power to the spirits of nature.

EmelleZailaNolaHadrak
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Drunk Draiman: Rant rant rant PK rant rant rant

Me: Hey buddy I hear what you're saying but uhh.....Beyonce had the best album of all time.

Draiman: Beyonce is a unicorns. She let Chris Brown beat her.

Me: Uhh.....pretty sure that was Rihanna.

Draiman: Whatever. Thank god this isn't going on youtube.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Aetolia Forums != Youtube
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• The scorpion pit.
    --- Area 156: Tecpatl's Cradle --- v52631 ---

[+]

--- The scorpion pit ------------- 3:4:-5 ---
    Failing to match the decline of the entry stairs, the ceiling becomes taller and taller.
    Consequently, the chamber at the bottom is forbiddingly lofty, and sound echoes slow, making even
    the smallest noises unreliable phantoms. The room's trappings are simple: roughly carved walls
    without mark or decoration, a trio of smoldering torches, and simplistic, cerulean tiles covering
    the floor. The center of the chamber is a deep pit, filled with live scorpions, writhing and
    churning over one another. A squat pylon of stone forms an altar here. A fang-shaped dagger of bone
    rests atop the altar. In the center of the room is a deep pit, filled with live scorpions.
    You see a single exit leading up.
    [H:100% M:100% W:100% X:58.16%][csdbeb]
    You can see the following 3 objects:
    "altar13606" a crude stone altar.
    "dagger80765" a sacrificial dagger of bone.
    "pit214534" a pit of live scorpions.
    [H:100% M:100% W:100% X:58.16%][csdbeb]
    You recklessly enter the scorpion pit, letting the writhing arthropods envelop you. Countless claws
    and barbs penetrate your flesh, and in mere moments, agonizing poison sears in your veins. As you
    begin to spasm and black out, death overcomes you.
    You have been slain by the scorpion pit.
    Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 2007676]

Whoops.
    EmelleDidiSaturnine
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Welcome to the Cradle, pup. :>
  • You have emoted: Even as @Coryn takes a knee, Rashar is moving across the space between and lifting an arm. He swings it, striking him backhanded across the cheek in a blow that rings loud in the silence. "You have grown into one of my most trusted blades, Coryn. It is time you receive what you have earned." Looking sternly down at him, he commands, "Stand, Knight."
    Balance Used: 0.93 seconds
    <6237/6237h 4446/4446m 27900e 14744w <e-> > <129||100|17.87%> [eas ftr]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    <6237/6237h 4446/4446m 27900e 14744w <eb> > <129||100|17.87%> [eas ftr]
    A simply carved pendant glows warmly against your skin as it senses an approaching danger.
    A simply carved pendant glows warmly against your skin as it senses an approaching danger.

That moment the boogey men arrive just in time to ruin a good battlefield commission. :D
    TragerXavin
  • Mage defs + thorncoat + protection + unify =

Mazarine
  • Lait said:

Mage defs + thorncoat + protection + unify =

Point scepter at @Lait

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    dat dodge chance doe
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Need some miniskills, man
  • Why does she need miniskills? She has the best damn audit in the game!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Wouldn't that make it better? Or do I not understand how audit works?
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Diminishing returns exist. Though, I'll grant that miniskills would improve that by, like, 10ish %. She wouldn't need it, but yeah.

Also, this was with the thorns defense them shaman have.
  • Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

EmelleLaitAryanneMazarineXenia
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    (The Blacker Arrow): @Valingar says, "That's what someone who is chicken would do."

(The Blacker Arrow): You say, "What'd you say friend."

(The Blacker Arrow): Valingar says, "I said you chicken, and safe from being cooked by @Razmael."
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ValingarHavenEmelleSilenaTeaniSeirVolka
  • The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Poor Raz. It's been like a decade and he still hasn't lived that down.
    TeaniSeir
  • LaitLait Ohio
    edited July 2016
    Arbre said:

Poor Raz. It's been like a decade and he still hasn't lived that down.

What's the story behind this?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    He bought a precooked chicken because I believe his sister was coming over, but he couldn't figure out how to reheat it in and was thrown for quite a panic.
    Coryn
    @lait - this is the easiest link I could find to the reference: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/comment/53509/#Comment_53509
    MissariZsadist
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Xandren said:
    He hasn't seen GoT. I'm making it my mission to rectify this.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Syrtah, a fae guide says, "You did it, Mali! Congratulations! Now, we must perform the induction
    ceremony to recognize you as a full citizen."

You step forward to await the next stage of the ritual. A marked hush falls over the hollow, as if
    the wilds themselves are listening.

Syrtah, a fae guide steps forward, resting a hand on Mali's shoulder and simply smiles.

Syrtah, a fae guide says, "Kidding!"

"Bye!" Syrtah, a fae guide says to you, waving farewell.
    Syrtah points her finger at you, and instantly you feel yourself teleported away elsewhere.

I got trolled. :(
    MissariSerriceZailaMarienaTeaniSaturnineEmelleMoxieSeir
  • Oh hey, now I know who plays Mali!
  • You say, "Any Challenges, Saaik?"

Saaik says, "Ahhh, rising to the challenge so soon, pup? Very well! Let's see.."

...a few seconds pass...

You have received a quest! Check out QUEST FISHING_DAILY for more information.

*travels to hagriphim to get his challenge from HIM before I notice the discrepancy*

The Gulleyes: Catch 'o the Day:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level: 0
    Area: Esterport
    Giver: Saaik

Saaik, the Master Gulleyes, has challenged you with catching a particular fish.
    Catching this fish will surely improve your standing with the fishermen of the Gulleyes
    faction.

ABANDON QUEST FISHING_DAILY if you wish to abandon this quest.

Personal Completions: 31
    Total Completions: 3527
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*goes back to Saaik to check to make sure he just maybe misheard and that the catch of the day might've been said aloud*

You greet Saaik with a sincere smile.
    Saaik raises his mug with a roar, "Well done, pup! Well done! That's a beauty you've caught!"
    You have completed the FISHING_DAILY quest!
    [Gold]: You have gained 500 gold.
    You have received 500 gold sovereigns for completing the quest.

..Saaik. You okay man? You having a seizure?... you just handed me a quest with absolutely NO target.. and when I came back after a few seconds to see what was up.. you just handed me gold and was all like, "CONGRATULATIONS. YOU CAUGHT EXACTLY WHAT I AKSED YOU TO CATCH.".. I mean.. cool. No effort on my part.. but seriously. You okay?

P.S.: I literally just exited my haven, then greeted saaik in my usual challenge-requesting fashion, half sleepily went over to hagriphim to greet him.. only to realize something was up. I didn't know what Saaik was asking for. So I go back after checking the quest log.. and greeted him again to see if maybe he'd repeat himself on what fish he wanted.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."