Teradrim, A not very Earthen experience

13»

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2022
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Macavity said:

Xolotl said:

So to everything that has been said, we have established the Teradrim guild has been in a stink last couple years, and now on a rise. For this I am happy I have retired and came back retired and came back each time same thing that was happening in the past keeps on happening and ongoing. On a new note since creation of Xolotl I have seen great and promising things happening in the guild. I am happy how it’s coming along thank you to everyone who has got the guild where it is from teradrim of old and of new. 

so what, exactly, has changed? From where I sit, scrolls were updated, a new characters have joined but seemed to have faded a little, there has only been a few people promoted up in the guild, still waiting on this new ritual being worked on, nothing has been posted further on the battlefield side of the guild, in fact the person who is in charge of that is hardly ever in Earthcaller or Teradrim.

I was just curious if you planned on participating in the battlefield at all, since you didn't in the war while trying to point clubs at who's in the class and who's not vs who's actually doing anything for the guild and who is not.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    KurakIazamatNipsyWjoltyr
  • Lin said:

Macavity said:

... in fact the person who is in charge of that is hardly ever in Earthcaller or Teradrim.

Man please do not trot out this mentality. It's such an Old Aetolia way of thinking. Using a different class for a day driver doesn't mean anything, it's not as if you're not racking up Leadership Points by sitting in the class that matches the guild. It's totally irrelevant to the rest of the complaint.
    It's not just that. Multiclass has been around since what, 2009? The whole point was to separate the roleplay of guilds and classes a little. I honestly can't believe that in $(currentyear$) we have people trotting out the argument that you can't be a good member of X guild if you aren't using one of that guild's associated classes.

KurakIazamatNipsy
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I find Spectre bashing in Sciomancer really satisfying, better quit the Carnifex 😔

KurakIazamatXavinNipsyLinWjoltyr
  • I like how someone responsible for the depth of the hole is complaining about how long it is taking to climb out.

KurakIazamatTetchtaRhineXavinNipsy
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Nipsy your post sounds like a threat, where I should remind you that this is all OOC and cannot be taken ICly.

As for my comment about using the guild class or classes only, was geared towards the combat teachings. I would think the guild that holds the class or classes would focus combat on their teachings before other classes. Presently there is limited scrolls on any class within the guild, other than what I have written a while ago for references for novices and others.

I believe you all know how many classes I have, as I enjoy collecting them, thats my thing in this game, collecting stuff. I would like to venture into using the classes more in PVP, and was very much looking forward to some help in that from the guild.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    IazamatTetchtaNipsyKurak
  • edited January 2022
    I don't think Nipsy needs a reminder about metagaming. It reads to me, personally, as more of a reminder/warning that Macavity is on thin ice IC for his behaviour and you might want to keep that behaviour there and/or change it instead of bringing it to the forums, too.

Re: the class issue: it's entirely possible to know how to fight as one class - and teach others how to, as well - without ever being in that class. Regardless, talking to the person about learning that class is probably a good start, and if they truly don't know how, maybe asking them to sit down with you and working it out together is a viable solution. Trying to make it an OOC issue, however, is kind of inane and childish.
    TetchtaNipsyRhineXavin
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited January 2022
    @Macavity to be completely transparent, it is an opportunity for you to realize how behavior is construed both IC and OOC.

As a guildleader, the objective is to maintain the health of an organization. IC Macavity has not contributed to the health of an organization, and attributes mundane busywork and deeds of the past as important enough to maintain. As a guildleader, I have taken steps to put people who have a general interest and provide constructive criticism at my side. @Fyrren was a fine example of that, as well as other Council members I have selected to help bolster a historically suffering organization. (Dare I remind that I was requested to give a 12 step plan with powerpoint and an excel spreadsheet on net operating income (sarcasm) for my election post at your request and was grilled about it.)

It is not enough that threads like this have been created which I as a guildleader have to represent myself to a playerbase as a whole both IC and OOC to demonstrate the drive and ambition that we -should- have as an organization. Even then, this has been a tool for me as a leader, to collaborate not only with the Teradrim, but also the Carnifex and Dominion, where historically there have been poor relations due to player opinions on an OOC basis which has filtered into the roleplay environment.

It is not a threat to you as much as it is an opportunity to either make a decision for yourself as the player on what you want to do with your character.
    -or-
    Ultimately be cast out for the numerous points which have been outlined throughout this thread, should this trend of behavior continue. We have a corporate term for it, "It might not be a good fit."

As a player, I want everyone to enjoy themselves, but whistleblowing as a player for the actions of a guild which has historically suffered due to the behaviors of players, is not making my character Nipsy look poorly, nor is it my ambition to continue these trends of previous players who blow the whistles because of hurt feelings or general malaise.

I as a player -will- work with anyone, if they want to contribute .
    That's not on me though.

I am excited as a player for this opportunity, and we are all adults here, I manage people for a living, unfortunately Aetolia doesn't have an HR or EAP I can forward players to who are going through their own things. So do what you need to do, I'm gonna continue working on morale, and picking up the fragments of years of sundered relations, secretive knowledge, and isolation. It's a bloody process, so as I tell numerous others, send me ideas, send me things you are excited about.

I have a list, its being worked through. Slow and steady wins the race. :)
    RhineKalenaTetchtaIazamat
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Nipsy from an IC prospective, my character has taken a huge step back and let you all do what you wish, and has not brought up anything of the past. It seems you are stuck on bring this part up, and those damn casks for some reason. Which was talked about ICly about 3 to 4 (ooc) weeks ago, and since then, Macavity has been focusing on himself, the city and generally helping if called upon. There is nothing wrong with these actions, and still contributes to the health of the guild. His job as trade minister shows a positive for the guild.

I am not sure why you keep saying it might not be a good fit, like your goal was to get rid of Macavity from the start.

As for whistleblowing, the start of this post was all about whistleblowing on the last leadership of the guild, and you joined in on that band wagon. To be clear I do not see this post as whistleblowing, more of criticism of the guild and its leadership. Which the lot of you seemed perfectly fine with attacking those in leadership prior to the current one. I guess criticism of the current leadership isn't fair game like the last one was. Seems hypocritical to me.

Criticism is actually healthy for any group, but really my post was more of what else has happened outside of what I have observed. I know things happen in the background so I was curious. I also realize that my words may seem harsh and to be honest, I could write a post full of rainbows and flowers, praising every single person in the game, and a number of you would still read it as I am attacking you.

tl;dr - criticism of old leadership good, criticism of current leadership bad. So noted, I always forget this is Aetolia where if you have a different opinion of the "click" then you are beaten to submission or till you stop responding and go silent. So congrats? you have caused another member of the community to go silent.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Iazamat
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I think this conversation continuing OOC is getting a lil silly and is bordering on Forum RP, and should be taken in game.

NipsyIazamat
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    Tetchta said:

I think this conversation continuing OOC is getting a lil silly and is bordering on Forum RP, and should be taken in game.

Agreed, but from a mod! Going to close up this thread, seeing as the factors at play when the thread was made have now seen some pretty big changes.
    NipsyTetchtaLinRhine
This discussion has been closed.