Teradrim, A not very Earthen experience

edited January 2022 in Harpy's Head Tavern
I am one of the recent Aetolia transplants from Achaea. When I joined Aetolia I instantly fell in love with the Teradrim. I love the lore of Azvosh, the Pillars, and the Sorcerer-Kings. We are supposed to be badass earthen warriors safeguarding the Pillars. In many ways the Teradrim are an extension of the Order of Earth. I was hoping the recent addition of the Earthcaller would help reaffirm that role. But this guild has been a constant let down since I joined. We have a leader and leadership that is m.i.a most days(with the exception of Thronekeeper), all guild matters are handled in an ooc discord, all leadership position are filled by people that barely play, this guild and leadership prioritizes ooc friends in leadership and conflict people are actively discouraged from joining.

I wanted to bring some attention to the gross mismanagement and excluding tactics that are happening. From day one when I joined on Gribbit, I was not yet sure I wanted to make Aetolia my permanent home or not, I noticed newcomers in the guild were actively discouraged from participating in guild events with them not being told and only the small ooc friend group that runs the guild being included.

A guild needs all types to function and I truly believe just rp or just commodities is a fine route to take in a guild. But conflict is actively shot down with comparisons being made to that just being more Carnifex mentality. To highlight this fact all other paths of progression are laughably easy with the exception of the combat one that is designed to be an insane time sink with 125 lessers or 25 majors for a guild favor and Sect really not viable as a means of PK progression in the guild.

I have sat and mulled over how to handle these culture problems in my guild. I thought that maybe with consistent rp I could help right the guild. I have no want for a leadership position, this post is coming from a genuine place of frustration with the ooc leadership metagaming in my guild. These problems are mostly ooc in nature and kept purposefully out of ig systems so that this small group that is mostly not active can continue to control the guild. I am hoping that if I shine a light on these OOC issues to a larger audience it will place pressure for positive change within my guild.
NipsyIazamatIesidXavinFyrrenTetchtaValorieLegynReaveIllikaalXenia

Comments

• NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited January 2022
    I will admit, I try my best to be engaging on behalf of the guild, but 95 percent of the time other leadership is silent or absent.

It is one of the reasons I ran as Thronekeeper, because I saw a ton of positions that were filled, but rarely the people who filled them. While I get real life happens, I also think that for the health of an organization that these need to be placed in the hands of active players. Whenever I bring anything to anyones attention, I am generally met with OOC messages, or invitations to an OOC discord, which in all truths is as dead as the guilds leadership. The reason I ran for thronekeeper, was purely to show that as a whole representing the Teradrim to the CIty is something I had in my power to do, because I was not limited to an election intra guild. That being said there has been very little guild activity otherwise, save for a slew of novices I try to give my attention to when able to, and disciplinary matters which have led to one character creating three separate carbon copies of themselves. I digress however.

I respect Fyrren and Macavity who try to do things, but they are about so infrequently, despite being a wealth of resources, its difficult that these are able to be shared in such a limited capacity. I have brought some of these to @Fyrren at times, and he generally has reasonable response, but then he will say things like, they are my friends I have to wait RL days to communicate and replace them for when they login again after 9 days not logging in and the one day they log in is for 15 minutes, which is disheartening to me s a player.

There is so much untapped potential with the guild, but in reality if anyone aside from the circle of friends who runs it was to contest and try to make things work, people would come out of the woodwork to make it not change. It is one thing to disappoint your friends, but another to disappoint the culture of your guilds place in the community.

Also there are two of the "leaders" which have an inherent dislike for the Carnifex, that I hear what you say about them comparing combatants to being carnifex, or saying so much as "you cant change our guild to be warlike" - By no means is that the intention, as Kurak stated above, there is so much lore and available diversity in the Teradrim, that to shift to a militant guild would be a disservice, but you need to let go bad feelings and present some of that lore, instead of sit in a corner and gripe about having combatants in your guild.

Regarding progression: I understand this and actually had to ISSUE myself, because I was not going to be permitted to GR2 without completing 50 Sect Battles, that was the task given to me, and I had to be like, "This isn't right" since I know as a former player, restricting class to people is a big no no, but having been one of the guild leaders in Achaea, you also have to have engaging content, but like, I literally never actually had to do anything or had any hard expectations, interviews, or the like. I became thronekeeper and instigated a war, now I am GR3 having never actually had to demonstrate learning about the Teradrim. (I did on my own mind you, but I never actually did anything IC through the guild)
    KurakXavinFyrrenLegyn
  • edited January 2022
    The Teradrim have had a constant and consistent meta-clique issue for years now and any attempts by players to create an inroads in fixing these issues have been stymied by the same meta-clique that has, up until recently, controlled the org. We've been wondering when something would be done, since it was an issue that we thought had been brought to the administration's awareness, but nothing has ever happened and the org has continued to languish for various reasons.

If the same meta-clique is continuing to hinder the current GM's progress or ability to do anything, it's beyond time for the org to be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up, with more consistent RP roots and a far more friendly and IC group of players picked by the administration to carry the org on their shoulders for the first year. And I only say this because there's only so much players who aren't part of the meta-clique can do and there's only so much that can be expected of them - at some point, administration have to demand the org course correct.

Edit:

...or saying so much as "you cant change our guild to be warlike"...

Sounds like some of the Teradrim need to learn their own lore, as the Earthen have literal warbands and the Teradrim are considered kin to them, not to mention Ivoln's and the Earthcaller's recent push of "May we never know peace."
    KurakNipsyXavinTetchtaIllikaal
  • edited January 2022
    Iazamat said:

The Teradrim have had a constant and consistent meta-clique issue for years now and any attempts by players to create an inroads in fixing these issues have been stymied by the same meta-clique that has, up until recently, controlled the org. We've been wondering when something would be done, since it was an issue that we thought had been brought to the administration's awareness, but nothing has ever happened and the org has continued to languish for various reasons.

If the same meta-clique is continuing to hinder the current GM's progress or ability to do anything, it's beyond time for the org to be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up, with more consistent RP roots and a far more friendly and IC group of players picked by the administration to carry the org on their shoulders for the first year. And I only say this because there's only so much players who aren't part of the meta-clique can do and there's only so much that can be expected of them - at some point, administration have to demand the org course correct.

Edit:

Sounds like some of the Teradrim need to learn their own lore, as the Earthen have literal warbands and the Teradrim are considered kin to them, not to mention Ivoln's and the Earthcaller's recent push of "May we never know peace."
    The Teradrim have strong roots to pull from for roleplay. I would not mind seeing the current leadership gutted and some kind of admin oversight until we can build back an org identity and leadership that is not completely ran from a private discord. I am not sure that is in the cards. But I am hoping for some positive change from airing this problem out in a more public venue. Or in worst case scenario for it to be out on the forums and public that this guild has big problems for future people looking to join.
    NipsyIazamat
  • edited January 2022
    Iazamat said:

This is the part that especially stands out to me and I agree entirely. After a brief leaf through some of the progression stuff, I can't help but think that the guild has been designed to be immovable in terms of structure and current regime. It sounds like a portion of the current administration of the guild, at the very least, is alright with encouraging mindsets that sound like a betrayal of the guild's themes and intended culture.
    NipsyKurakIazamatXavinTetchta
  • edited January 2022
    I sincerely apologize that you two have been experiencing things in these ways and I have been personally strictly avoiding meta and am not very active in any Discord chats unless it is related to OOC things.

I live in GMT+2 and it is extremely difficult for me to be around during Howling (prime time hours in general) as Howling is at 2am my own time and combined with the holidays, it has been very difficult for me to have any time to log in and I have tried to express this to people when possible so that they can understand this.

As far as leadership goes, I have not appointed anyone to any positions recently save for @Nipsy since I have heard anyone else show interest in a position. If players are unable to log in due to RL responsibilities, I can not pressure them into coming around when they have work that needs done. One other issue we have currently is simply a lack of people available or interested in filling the various roles, or if there are people interested, I have not heard from them.

There is definitely a strong paranoia amongst some of the players about this 'Carnifex Conspiracy' and I admit that I did get into this until very recently where I was able to voice my own understanding of the situation on the forums and I was able to get a far clearer understanding of things from the other side and have moved on since then and get along quite fine with most people now. This does not mean that I speak for these other players/characters as I have my own personal opinion on the situation now in light of many conversations over many months and ultimately it feels like it is a grudge between select players from each guild that has unfortunately affected other players' experiences. I had no idea that there even was this thing going on until I started playing again around a year ago and then I only had the information from the perspective of the characters of the Teradrim guild.

Regarding the Teradrim Discord:

I had been invited into this Discord around the time Damonicus had taken the position of Imperator in the guild and we used it mostly to discuss ideas for Org Reqs, and discussion on how to revise the entirety of the GHELP system (which is still very outdated but is coming along slowly), and just so we could be up to date on RL situations that might occur. This was before Ictinus had taken over and far before Earthcaller came out. I did not create it myself but as far as I know, it was never intended or in my own view used to "run the guild" and I can only give my own word that I try to run as much as I can through IC channels as is possible unless there are issues that bleed over into OOC conversation.

On the subject of Lore and direction of the guild:

Anyone who know me at all knows what my deal is. Lore, RP, and crafting. And that's about it. I've been playing almost exclusively the same character whenever I play and Fyrren has been in the Teradrim guild since not too long after I created the character. I love the lore and I personally am pushing for a very Earthen and Warband themed direction for things.

The lore that recently came to light has, in my opinion, allows for players to play realistically what every style they would like to play.

Be it bashing, PK, crafting, RP, lore, politics, etc. There are so many possibilities and I would like to make it clear that players should be allowed focus on their own interests. It takes all kinds to make up an organization.

The environment I am personally trying to promote is to allow everyone to be whatever they really want to be within the bounds of what the lore accepts (must be undead/vamp, and all that) but otherwise I do not try to push my own vision of the Teradrim down people's throats but rather want to help them find their character through enabling their own interests so long as they do not cause issues with other people playing their own characters.

Right now most complaints I hear are Crafters/RPer characters/players vs PK focused characters/players and vice versa. It has mostly been the issue of PKers being frustrated with not enough engagement in PK stuff and the RPer/crafters worrying about being pushed to do PK which they are not interested in for various reasons. Aside from group PK, I do not do PK at all since my system is not the most up to date nor the most comprehensive and I do not have -any- coding experience so I focus on what I am interested instead. And everyone should be able to just focus on what they enjoy about they game while enjoying the themes and lore of their guild and the stories we can be a part of together.

I will once again apologize for my own failings in the position but I have expressed it before that I am still very new to any leadership position in my entire time playing the game and there are definitely others out there who are better suited to run guilds and have far more experience than I but currently, we do not have many of them active in the guild and I have not been contested or approached by any other player interested in the position. Since taking the position, it has been an experience with a very deep learning curve and I am mostly relying on the advice and experience of players who have ran the guild if not other guilds before in order to understand how to do things better.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    MacavityNipsy
  • edited January 2022
    I have seen active exclusion on the part of Teradrim leadership. With total lies that exclusion came down from admin and then when I just asked admin and told that was not the case the tune was quickly changed to they just wanted to keep it small. I have never once seen Nipsy or I get onto to anyone for not participating in PK. And we are the only two Teradrim that actively PK. Nor do I think we have any expectation of people getting involved without the desire to be involved.

I have seen leadership be venomous to people that actively embrace PK. And I have seen very unTeradrim rp shown in guild channels against people that embrace conflict. And angry pushback when that behavior was corrected. Teradrim rp goes beyonds just simply being a vampire or undead. And the guildmasters job in may respects is to steer the ship and keep us on message.

“Established in the year 164 MA, the Teradrim warband are a group who pursued power through the domination of the Earth. “

That quote is from the help Teradrim, our guild is the warband. While that does not mean we all need to PK. It does mean that Teradrim rp comes with a certain amount of conflict style rp baked in and it should be accepted.

There is a large amount of ooc leadership handling in the Teradrim. Saying that it is not that case does not make it less true. And numerous people can correlate that it is the case. And has been an overarching theme with the current leadership.
    IazamatTetchtaMaeveXavin
    The part which rubbed me wrong most recently was an interaction with @Amarita which something was said on our guild channel, and she felt justified to contact me in OOC tells to inform me of her work ethic and justify that she does a lot for the guild. This has happened twice, unprompted save for a discussion about the idealism of "Strength"

In this discussion it was then followed up with some remarks about us "Turning us into the Carnifex."

By no means was anything stated which prompted this statement nor was anyone saying anything about her or her work ethic. We merely were having a discussion about strength.

That is where these sort of things stem from @Fyrren, and it puts a bad taste in new players mouths. When it comes to intra-guild stuff, as I told both you and Macavity before, I will keep that IC, I didn't feel in a good place in an OOC discord, and am truly trying to look at the health and well being of things. I am, and continue to be impressed with the interactions with both Fyrren and Macavity.

The others, while nice and social, not seeing as much help or leadership.

The rest I will discuss IC, and handle IC, but I at least wish you to have some perspective.
    FyrrenTetchta
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited January 2022
    I too am part of the discord group that Fyrren has mentioned, and was brought in by Damonicus as well, and to my memory, I have not seen meta gaming that seems to be mentioned in this post. I would like to see examples of this, or proof.

Please note all words are my own and only my experience, thus I do not speak for the guild or anyone else, just myself.

1) I want to know at what point did the guild leadership discourage novices from participating in guild events? Gribbit was there during the Earthcaller event, and helped Macavity to round up people for the second event just before Earthcallers was released. Gribbit was even mentioned in an Events post along with Macavity for being present. So you can see how I am a little confused on how someone was discouraged from the event?

2) As for the path systems, yes they need updating and I agree with that, however, that is not my job. I am in charge of the novices to help them graduate through the process to become full guild members. There was an issue the admin brought up to me about the advancement of non novices, but that was quickly corrected, and a post made to have those approach either myself or another. As for the rest of the paths, I cannot speak for them, as I am not in charge of them, nor do I personally have the time. This is why we have multiple people in positions to help carry the weight of the work load.

3) Please remember, this is a game, and some of us cannot no-life this game to your satisfactory levels. We have lives to lead and we log in when time permits. If this is not enough, then by all means RP our removal, or step up on your own to take on a position you feel suited for or want to work on. By NO MEANS, are we paid by the game designers to bring you content, RP, or any interaction what so ever. If you want to interact with my character, then you need to meet me half way through and actually reach out. This is clearly speaking more towards those within the guild. Even just a message to me, and I will hop on when I can next and have interaction with you. But I am not going to hunt you down and some how force RP upon you from me. That is simply not my style, never has, and never will be. I am perfectly fine leaving you to your own, to find your way through the game and develop your character to what you want.

4) when it comes to membership we have like 25 active members, and some of them will be dropping to dormant soon. Simply put, we are a small guild, have been for years. If I am not doing enough in my position within the guild or someone or group of people think I am doing a bad job, then have me replaced. Period. I promise you it wont hurt my feelings at all, and I would still even help out where needed. But to simply throw a post on the forums because you are unhappy with the guild, and not making any real effort to reach out, at least not to me, is a bit of a slap in the face. Its like you are waiting for us to hand to you on a silver platter everything. Sorry it does not work that way.

5) "There is a large amount of ooc leadership handling in the Teradrim. Saying that it is not that case does not make it less true. And numerous people can correlate that it is the case. And has been an overarching theme with the current leadership."

** Please show me and correlate this. I am really interested to know where this is coming from.

6) "I have seen active exclusion on the part of Teradrim leadership. With total lies that exclusion came down from admin and then when I just asked admin and told that was not the case the tune was quickly changed to they just wanted to keep it small."

**Also please expand on this? what are you referring to?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Fyrren
  • Kurak said:

I have seen active exclusion on the part of Teradrim leadership. With total lies that exclusion came down from admin and then when I just asked admin and told that was not the case the tune was quickly changed to they just wanted to keep it small.

This was largely a misunderstanding on my own part and I have already addressed this in another post and apologized for my misunderstanding of the situation and for excluding other players from joining in on that part of the Earthcaller event when I had understood from the IC messages going on that we needed to gather as many Teradrim as possible at that moment rather than people from the world at large. Since there were only a couple around at the time, I also opted to include a few Order members from Ivoln's Order. There was a lot of confusion for me during the event.
    Fyrren said:

Kurak said:

I have seen active exclusion on the part of Teradrim leadership. With total lies that exclusion came down from admin and then when I just asked admin and told that was not the case the tune was quickly changed to they just wanted to keep it small.

This was largely a misunderstanding on my own part and I have already addressed this in another post and apologized for my misunderstanding of the situation and for excluding other players from joining in on that part of the Earthcaller event when I had understood from the IC messages going on that we needed to gather as many Teradrim as possible at that moment rather than people from the world at large. Since there were only a couple around at the time, I also opted to include a few Order members from Ivoln's Order. There was a lot of confusion for me during the event.
    wait is this what he meant? Are we seriously rehashing this again? Please see the other forum post about this, and how it was ultimately cleared up.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited January 2022
    I think it could still be important to bring up if it is an entry into a larger pattern of behavior that Kurak is trying to point out. Like, that one thing got sorta resolvedishkindasorta in an extremely uncomfortable meta way, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant to this conversation.

Nipsy

• I have no expectation of being handed roleplay by anyone. Nor do I expect it. And my complaints are not really with Macavity. You have not actively been part of the excluding forces in the guild. And my problem is really not with Nipsy or you. Leadership does come with a certain time commitment to the guild.

I am not speaking of the Earthcaller event. But that event was not run by the Teradrim. Or I have no doubt I would have been excluded. I am talking the summoning event, the one that ended up having more Carnifex than Teradrim(probably because the Carnifex do not exclude people out of guild rp.) But it is actually funny that you bring up the Earthcaller event as an example, because the visions started with Gribbit and none of the active leadership believed him for the first TWO REAL LIFE days. I mean, why would a novice that was actively being excluded from participating have the visions start with him, right?

When a current leader felt the need to speak out against the sheer amount of OOC leading happening there is an issue. As far as receipts, I have none, I refuse to be part of the Teradrim discord because of all the ooc issues. And I have never been part of the leadership section in it. But I see enough of silent coordination amongst the leadership and enough in my limited time in the discord to know it is true.
    Nipsy
  • Tetchta said:

I think it could still be important to bring up if it is an entry into a larger pattern of behavior that Kurak is trying to point out. Like, that one thing got sorta resolvedishkindasorta in an extremely uncomfortable meta way, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant to this conversation.

I understand your point there but.. as far as my own actions are concerned, I have not participated in this sort of behavior at all since that event and I have been discouraging this sort exclusion ever since. And again, I cannot speak for the actions of others as I am not them.
    It goes with the Manager/Employee guidelines:

Ultimately as the Manager(in this case Guildleader) you hold the responsibility for those who are your staff.
    KurakTetchtaIesid
    Kurak said:

I have no expectation of being handed roleplay by anyone. Nor do I expect it. And my complaints are not really with Macavity. You have not actively been part of the excluding forces in the guild. And my problem is really not with Nipsy or you. Leadership does come with a certain time commitment to the guild.

I am not speaking of the Earthcaller event. But that event was not run by the Teradrim. Or I have no doubt I would have been excluded. I am talking the summoning event, the one that ended up having more Carnifex than Teradrim(probably because the Carnifex do not exclude people out of guild rp.) But it is actually funny that you bring up the Earthcaller event as an example, because the visions started with Gribbit and none of the active leadership believed him for the first TWO REAL LIFE days. I mean, why would a novice that was actively being excluded from participating have the visions start with him, right?

When a current leader felt the need to speak out against the sheer amount of OOC leading happening there is an issue. As far as receipts, I have none, I refuse to be part of the Teradrim discord because of all the ooc issues. And I have never been part of the leadership section in it. But I see enough of silent coordination amongst the leadership and enough in my limited time in the discord to know it is true.

I cant speak to the ritual event, because I was not logged in for it at all, even to this day I am aware it happened but nothing more than that. But what else have you been excluded from within the Teradrim guild events? Other than the Guild Shop contest that has been posted on the Guild News Board, there have been no other events.

As for a novice hearing voices, or any young person hearing voices, this would be questioned by anyone regardless. And even so, this was an RP way for you to expand and RP with us.

As for the discord and proof, what you are saying is you have none, but simply stating you "in my limited time in the discord to know it is true." is simply not enough.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited January 2022
    @Macavity I hope you realize as a person in leadership in the guild in question and a limited part of the problem. It is HIGHLY suspect that only the Teradrim leadership say there is no issue when numerous older people in Shadow that are not Teradrim admit this is part of a pattern with this guild. I could make the same claim. Post-receipts if it is not an issue.
    edited January 2022
    Receipts for metagaming and other things that are similar are almost impossible to get, for a ton of reasons. People who maybe don't meta that see metagaming from their friends tend to have blinders and short memories, and it never ends up leaving those spaces, and that's in the rare case that someone metagames where a non-confederate would even see it (not to mention logless mediums like voice chat, which most people aren't immediately equipped to grab receipts for without recording all calls which is pretty spooky and possibly illegal depending on where you live.) This doesn't mean that all accusations of metagaming should always be taken at face value, by any means, but I also think trying to lean entirely on "receipts or stfu" is going to basically leave a lot of problematic behavior overlooked. And, if I can be totally candid here, this isn't the first time I've heard about there being an OOC problem with some Teradrim folk. I think it's a concern worth taking seriously.

I'm ultimately extremely uncomfortable with the flow of this thread. Trying to explain away every single thing as someone else's fault when they're bringing what appears to be genuine grievances up in good faith as a "well that was an opportunity for YOU to RP with US more, so really that's YOUR fault" thing is just...man I dunno. Seems really dismissive and unhelpful.

NipsyKurakIazamat
    Tetchta said:

Receipts for metagaming and other things that are similar are almost impossible to get, for a ton of reasons. People who maybe don't meta that see metagaming from their friends tend to have blinders and short memories, and it never ends up leaving those spaces, and that's in the rare case that someone metagames where a non-confederate would even see it (not to mention logless mediums like voice chat, which most people aren't immediately equipped to grab receipts for without recording all calls which is pretty spooky and possibly illegal depending on where you live.) This doesn't mean that all accusations of metagaming should always be taken at face value, by any means, but I also think trying to lean entirely on "receipts or stfu" is going to basically leave a lot of problematic behavior overlooked. And, if I can be totally candid here, this isn't the first time I've heard about there being an OOC problem with some Teradrim folk. I think it's a concern worth taking seriously.

I'm ultimately extremely uncomfortable with the flow of this thread. Trying to explain away every single thing as someone else's fault when they're bringing what appears to be genuine grievances up in good faith as a "well that was an opportunity for YOU to RP with US more, so really that's YOUR fault" thing is just...man I dunno. Seems really dismissive and unhelpful.

@Tetchta and we are supposed to take accusations of meta gamming, which is very serious, and can lead to shrubbing of a character, as light? You better believe that whenever someone accuses me of meta gaming, I am going to fight tooth and nail against it. No matter what.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

edited January 2022
    Who was the last person who got shrubbed for metagaming? Especially over just accusations of metagaming with no direct evidence? Part of me is hesitant to believe they'd shrub over metagaming if there's evidence to back it up if that evidence wasn't pulled from ingame spools (given IRE's general stance on how they handle issues that cover platforms that aren't inside the game). Maybe that's cynical of me, but it's kinda moot because I don't think many people leave traces behind.

In any case, I don't think anybody accused you of metagaming, nor did anybody suggest that the accusation be taken lightly. In fact, I even think I said the opposite of what you're saying when I said "This doesn't mean that all accusations of metagaming should always be taken at face value, by any means." None of that really discounts Kurak's issues that he's brought up.

Kurak
    edited January 2022
    There is not enough activity in the guild to metagame anything really. (Outside of stopping big changes)

I just think that there's a group of folks who are uncomfortable with change, and would genuinely not push things too hard when things get stirred up or change needs to happen.

In discussing IC, there's things that can be done, there are idealisms and modifications which can be made.
    In the end, everyone wants to see the best out of their organization, see it flourish.

Sometimes you have to just let things be mixed up, restructured, pushed around.....even if it makes friends and relationships kinda weird.
    The Teradrim have an amazing amount of lore, history, and from what I can see a very rich future.
    Its been some of the coolest lore I have had the opportunity of being involved in.

Fyrren is a nice person, perhaps too nice, I love that about him though, he's got a good heart, and loves lore.
    We will see what happens IC, for what it is worth, regardless of what happens, I don't think anyone is going anywhere, and I am hopeful we can do cool things together.

FyrrenTetchtaKurak
  • IRE's general stance seems to mostly concern things that are ig. Also, @Macavity you are going really defensive for something that been made clear numerous times that does not really pertain to your actions. So I am going to ask something in good faith, can you stop making the conversation about you? If we really need to I can dredge up the logs from the Earthcaller event were I gave numerous opportunities for interaction with Gribbit about the visions and all of them were dismissed for two-three real life days. I was very loud about them and made sure to echo it over CT and GT. I got more interaction again from...and this is going to make some of our guild members upset, Carnifex members. RP is a two-way street I cannot force someone to interact with me. But a guild should be willing to interact with its members or really what is the point?

I have no ill intent to any of the current leadership. And I certainly do not want to get anyone shrubbed or banned nor do I think this post will. I just want to get the guild back on message. And I am hoping that initial hurt feelings aside this will have stirred things up enough to get the changes that are needed to get this guild functional and back on track.
    Iazamat
  • This talk about discouraging PKers is baffling to me. I've never been in ANY org - city, guild, house, or order - that wasn't unicornsing THRILLED to have a PKer show up. Most guilds have some kind of PK teacher role they struggle to fill and orders have the champion position.
    NipsyKurakXavin
    Procyon said:

This talk about discouraging PKers is baffling to me. I've never been in ANY org - city, guild, house, or order - that wasn't unicornsing THRILLED to have a PKer show up. Most guilds have some kind of PK teacher role they struggle to fill and orders have the champion position.

we do, its @Nipsy
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Nipsy
    Macavity said:

Procyon said:

This talk about discouraging PKers is baffling to me. I've never been in ANY org - city, guild, house, or order - that wasn't unicornsing THRILLED to have a PKer show up. Most guilds have some kind of PK teacher role they struggle to fill and orders have the champion position.

we do, its @Nipsy
    Gods help us.
    MacavityWyattKurakAeryx
  • edited January 2022
    Macavity said:

Procyon said:

we do, its @Nipsy
    I would hope that a guild that is explicitly called a 'warband' in the culture handed to them by admin, events, and lore would have more than a token champion. Or at least have an attitude more permissive of combat.

Approving of conflict does not automatically obligate you to participate.

There's a difference between 'conflict approval' and whatever 'turning us into the Carnifex' implies. Worlds of difference. You can roleplay a member of a warrior society without being a genius or active combatant. It is largely about the performative aspects of the guild (knights have peerage, syssin have spy RP, priest guilds often talk about the gods/light/fire/whatever, etc - what is 'performing the role of Teradrim'?), the way they achieve their goals, what goals they actually have, etc. There is a rich depth to the idea of 'warband' that goes far beyond 'ppl that pk'.
    KurakIazamatTetchtaNipsyXavin
  • I think this talk about Teradrim PK is nonsense. 'Warband' actually means that the bunch of them used to gather to perform with musical instruments and sing songs (or dirges) about war. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. huh-ah!
    TetchtaMacavityNipsyObaFyrrenGalileiWjoltyrAlelaProcyon
  • Rock band.
    IazamatNipsyMacavityAxiusKurakLim
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2022
    I'm not trying to turn this into a piss on the Teradrim session but here's my thoughts anyway. The Teradrim have been nothing but disappointing since I've come back. Since Shamans are diametrically opposed to them I've been wanting more conflict with them, especially with this war over the monoliths we just had. They've had no presence on the global stage, or even on the small scale. What further shocked me is that the GM of the Teradrim, noncom or not, straight up dropped out of the active militia because he was afraid of dying despite the fact that Teradrim, if anyone, should have been the most heavily involved faction on the Shadow tether imo. The ONLY person in the guild I ever saw participating was Nipsy, who is the newest and most active member.

We have plenty of Shamans that are noncoms. Not a single one of them would drop out of the militia or abandon Dendara (or a war surrounding it etc.) because they are noncoms and or afraid to die. It's really sad and frankly embarrassing to see. I'm of the opinion Ivoln just needs to come in and clean house this point or the Guild will continue to suffer from lack of any real leadership or concerns for their values.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying that everyone should have to participate in every single source of conflict, because they shouldn't have to if they don't want to. What i'm referring to in this particular case is having no real IG reason to NOT want to defend something that is supposed to be extremely important to your guild culture aside from "I just don't want to" or "I'm afraid of dying" especially when you're guild leadership is past baffling.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    KurakTetchtaNipsyIesid
  • Not only that, but it's irksome to those of us who pk but are not Carnifex. It implies that there's only one way to rp a combatant. I, for example, don't see Sheryni as the "yes sir" militant style, but she still obviously does combat. The teradrim as a guild, thematically, are all about conflict, but should be very different in culture from the Carnifex. Same with the dominion, really.

I see the Carnifex as more army style (discipline), the Teradrim as more tribal and religious (blood to feed the Earth), and the dominion as, well, vampires - made to kill to preserve their very existence. There are distinct cultures apart from just "does pk." And each guild has room for both pk and other rp. Without both, they kind of fail to live up to what they're supposed to be.
    NipsyIazamatKurakIesidAlela
This discussion has been closed.