Short Questions

1153154155156158

Comments

  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭
    As far a I know, putting blood in a vial/phial is still required to cure for Vampirism, so it should still be possible, yes.

    I don't know the syntax, though
    Angroth
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question to @Admin concerning the distance to Lessers.

    When checking how far away a Lesser is from the current position, there is a lot of confusion. It can be quite frustrating to find something that is "somewhat distant" to both the Tarean Mountains in the north, and Pash Valley in the south, without any of the areas in between showing any signs of a Lesser.

    Should we BUG the discrepancies to make them easier to find? Is it meant to be this flawed? If it's not meant to be, could we please have someone close down all special loopholes that mess up the distances? If it's meant to be flawed, ... why? Why would you do this to us?! Please explain!

    Today there was a Lesser in Peshwar Delta, and because of one of these oddities, the distances to different areas were messed up. On top of that, some of the areas weren't even showing, but should have, or showed, but at a different distance than the correct one.

    Pash Valley and Mor, which are right next to Peshwar, showed as "somewhat distant" instead of "nearby".

    The Tarean mountains also showed as "somewhat distant", even though one would have to go through 6 areas in a direct line to get from Peshwar to the Tareans. This caused Three Widows, South Tundra, and Mamashi to show up as "far from", even though they shouldn't even register.

    At the same time, Liruma, Prelatorian, Mournhold, Putoran, and Raim didn't even register a Lesser, even though they were within the zones.

    How come there are some special exitsthat allow these things to show while others don't? Custom wings will show through the one-way exits to connecting areas. This means, that if I am standing in area A, and there is a Lesser in area B, it won't show as somewhat distant just because my wings room connects me to both. Can't special entrances be locked in a similar way?



  • EowynEowyn SomewhereMember Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    Angroth said:

    Hopefully this one isn’t approaching to much on cringe, I have a good reason I swear.

    Is there a way to drain blood into a vial? I know Bloodborn had phials, but I would swear that a long time ago, you could slit your wrists into a vial or other container, and I can’t quite figure out a syntax.


    Try collect? That used to be the command and you needed a phial.
    Angroth
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    Edit: seems no! Used to work on Achaea but no more alas.

    Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

    You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

    Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

    oh wait, toz is famous
    ---------------------------

    Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

    You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    Angroth
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say offhand that the syntax for everything related to rituals is in AB SANGUIS WISP, but I'm not logged in right now and can't check. If you're trying to get a phial of your own blood, you need to have someone else actually fill it for you, as far as I know.
    Angroth
  • LeanaLeana Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    It should be COLLECT BLOOD FROM person They need to be bleeding. It's been a busy while since I've tried.

    Angroth
  • TekiasTekias WisconsinMember Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    I know it is still possible (phial of one's own blood is still a vamp cure ingredient), but I don't know the syntax or process myself.

    Edit: Also didn't realize there was another page of responses, coming late to the party thinking I was the first one here.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

    Hi.

    image
    Angroth
  • AngrothAngroth Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Appreciate all the answers folks, you’re good peoples.
    .
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 543 admin
    Teani said:

    A question to @Admin concerning the distance to Lessers.

    When checking how far away a Lesser is from the current position, there is a lot of confusion. It can be quite frustrating to find something that is "somewhat distant" to both the Tarean Mountains in the north, and Pash Valley in the south, without any of the areas in between showing any signs of a Lesser.

    Should we BUG the discrepancies to make them easier to find? Is it meant to be this flawed? If it's not meant to be, could we please have someone close down all special loopholes that mess up the distances? If it's meant to be flawed, ... why? Why would you do this to us?! Please explain!

    Today there was a Lesser in Peshwar Delta, and because of one of these oddities, the distances to different areas were messed up. On top of that, some of the areas weren't even showing, but should have, or showed, but at a different distance than the correct one.

    Pash Valley and Mor, which are right next to Peshwar, showed as "somewhat distant" instead of "nearby".

    The Tarean mountains also showed as "somewhat distant", even though one would have to go through 6 areas in a direct line to get from Peshwar to the Tareans. This caused Three Widows, South Tundra, and Mamashi to show up as "far from", even though they shouldn't even register.

    At the same time, Liruma, Prelatorian, Mournhold, Putoran, and Raim didn't even register a Lesser, even though they were within the zones.

    How come there are some special exitsthat allow these things to show while others don't? Custom wings will show through the one-way exits to connecting areas. This means, that if I am standing in area A, and there is a Lesser in area B, it won't show as somewhat distant just because my wings room connects me to both. Can't special entrances be locked in a similar way?

    We'll look into this! Our pathing for it is kinda smart, in that it understands different kind of exits, but something may have snuck past. Or maybe there's a weird connection somehow! But really, the algorithm is 'walking' the path, so it shouldn't lie about distances.
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiur said: 
    We'll look into this! Our pathing for it is kinda smart, in that it understands different kind of exits, but something may have snuck past. Or maybe there's a weird connection somehow! But really, the algorithm is 'walking' the path, so it shouldn't lie about distances.
    Meaning it's not meant to be that way. I'll bug next time it happens, then, marking it out as area connection discrepancy. 



  • KelliaraKelliara Member Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭
    Teani said:


    Tiur said: 


    We'll look into this! Our pathing for it is kinda smart, in that it understands different kind of exits, but something may have snuck past. Or maybe there's a weird connection somehow! But really, the algorithm is 'walking' the path, so it shouldn't lie about distances.

    Meaning it's not meant to be that way. I'll bug next time it happens, then, marking it out as area connection discrepancy. 



    Does...do...wormholes count?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for fixing!



  • SklaxSklax Member, Bot Posts: 41
    Is it possible to get a refund on my Iron Elite Membership if it has not run it's entire course? I don't expect a full amount returned, just a refund on the days that have not been used.

    Odd question to pose, but I figured I should ask.
  • MihaketiMihaketi Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    That's the kind of thing you need to email the producer about.
    ZailaOonagh
  • AngrothAngroth Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Does the Library Link iron coin artifact allow you to read the books in the linked library, even while not present in said library? Additionally, will it allow you to make copies of the books even when not present in the physical library?
  • NeomaNeoma Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    Trying to put back up my custom havens entrance and having problems with the 3P message. It keeps telling me You must include your name in the message with the $name token. So i have tried $Neoma and $(Neoma$) as specified in customization and various alteration thereof to no avail. Can anyone tell me what the hell i am doing wrong?
  • TekiasTekias WisconsinMember Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    I think you use $name or $(name$)? If not, ^ like posing? It's been a while since I set mine.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

    Hi.

    image
  • IazamatIazamat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    You don't insert your name with the token tags, the token is literally $name or $(name$) as Tekias pointed out.
  • NeomaNeoma Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    Thank you both, and yay it worked. I kept replacing the word name with my name, having the DUH feeling now. :p
    Iazamat
  • EmirEmir Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    How/where do we report misuse of the flag feature here on the forums?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 543 admin
    You message me, or any Mod-tagged person.
  • EsseldenaEsseldena Member, Bot Posts: 4
    Quick question, regarding retirement, for further clarification. The retirement credits go to that particular email address / account, and I don't already need to have my new character created yet, is that right?
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 543 admin
    Correct!
    Esseldena
  • SklaxSklax Member, Bot Posts: 41
    If I....say....drop a buckets worth of cash, could I possibly MAKE my own class?

    (Some of you may want to scream at me for asking this. I'm prepared to take those lumps)
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in AtticaMember Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sklax said:

    If I....say....drop a buckets worth of cash, could I possibly MAKE my own class?

    (Some of you may want to scream at me for asking this. I'm prepared to take those lumps)

    That happened once. They're called the Daru. :P
    Moxie
  • MjollMjoll Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    It's happened twice, the other class is Luminary.
    MoxieKarhast
  • SklaxSklax Member, Bot Posts: 41
    I'll go a little deeper with this I guess.

    I want to spend money, on a custom class - That no one else can have. Particular to my tastes. Particular to my wants, and entirely illegal IG to share/teach to other characters.

    The trade off, is that I would want zero room to take on ANY OTHER CLASS (with the exception of shapeshifters). That means no multi-class for me. And the other trade off is that I would...I guess...make a -considerable- financial contribution to Aetolia (IRE).

    Being a special kind of snowflake should mean I take on special kinds of restrictions and limitations as a result. Being unique should have a horrible repercussion, one that I should have to suck up and accept, like never being able to take on any other class. Ever. Maybe never even be allowed into Guilds unless I QUIT my custom class.

    This is the difference I seek in comparison to the Daru/Luminary bit, as mentioned by @Mjoll and @Phoenecia

    @Tiur is this possible to work on?
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    It sure is! Get to level 200! :D

    Sklax
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 543 admin
    Short answer: We generally don't do that. I know there's been some of that in the past, but we're healthy and consistent now.

    Long answer:

    To start, it takes a lot of resources to make a class. Basically it would take Keroc+Razmael+testers+writers for 6 months minimum, which is a heck of a lot of resources to use. I've made mistakes in the past (MAGES! *shakefist*) in allocating resources, and projects slip as a result. I can safely say that 6 months would be about right, and the game wouldn't get anything else during. (Note: The other examples were really low effort versions of a 'custom' class. Lame.)

    Second, it's not really a detriment if you have a solo class and can't use anything else. Normally there's an 'economy of choice' that goes into class picking.. but game design long ago learned that it's better to give more choices than less. We always want you to want other classes, you might spend money on them! We need to balance making things feel special, of course, but you get the idea.

    Third... we have to balance it! Chaos Lord is annoying enough (Poor Rhyot never gets much from Classleads) and another would just make Keroc stab me. We have to keep in mind that special class for every change we ever make. And not just combat balance, but storyline! The work just isn't something we'd do for a single effect.

    I realize one of the benefits of a smaller game like ours is the level of customization you can have on the world. And that's totally something we strive for, but choices like that tend to happen on the community level. We want everyone to share in the world changing!

    Alternative:

    We offer all sorts of unique customizations in promotions. Any ideas you have to make things more fun, we'll take! At this point, I'm not sure there's a line in the game we don't have a custom system for. Keep your eye out for things like custom style scrolls (make your USE of a class unique!) and custom flair, phylacteries, haven entrances, etc.
    Sklax
Sign In or Register to comment.