I_Mapper continued

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If anyone else has this problem in the future, the redistributable can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679#
  • you know that issue is only on Citadel right @Moirean
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Suppose, but I wanted to leave info in case anyone else ever had a similar issue.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    If you're using my branch of Citadel (which you are) you need 2010 and 2013 redistributables.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    IF Anyone has this working on ubuntu/linux I'd happily give you credits for it as I cant seem to find one for linux and the Imperium forums dont have the linux one no more for what I can see.. :/
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Is there a method to capture the path generated by 'area leyline search' or 'area find x'?
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What's the syntax to have the map delay a move?

I'm trying to have my map "push button" wait for the cave to reveal itself then move north. So far I've gotten it to do the action and recognize when the exit appears but it doesn't move. It at least doesn't get lost when I manually pass through though.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Daingean said:
    Is there a method to capture the path generated by 'area leyline search' or 'area find x'?
    I'm fairly certain it just goes to the lowest vnum of that area, walks to it, then the next, et cetera.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

:( Anyone know?
    havenbanner2
    Volka
    I've got access to the code from the OLD i_mapper before Xon altered it. If it's got an area search function I can look at it and see how it's doing

• Is the new source code not avaliable?

• The newest is available.
    Where? I'd love to update my build projects.

Ha. First post. I'll see if I can load it up later and play with it.

Doing a cursory glance at this code, it looks like it searches in the sequence that the area was mapped.

• When I do 'Area leyline search', it searches the area just fine, but keeps walking right past the leyline.  I have detection on.  I have to sit there and make sure to type stop real quick before it runs too far past so I can go back.  Anyone else have this issue? 
    I've never heard of anyone doing that. You do have ANSI on, right?

• I had that happen with old version of Mudbot, but Xon's update that's in this thread should be fine with it. Maybe you should reload?
  • Does anyone know how to turn of special exits? as each time I enter a city and map path out of it my mapper thinks im a member of that city and tries to city portals, in ALL 4 of the cities?

• I would turn that specific area off, or set the city portals rooms as avoided.

• NalorNalor UK
    edited March 2014
    I'm not a member of the city to get the number :P It only happens when I go shopping.. lol Thanks :)

Also found the issue, someone must have been bored and put 'every' room in 'every' city as a spe: cityporals thing :(
  • Anyone still use Mudbot and happen to help me with a few questions?

How do you do special exits? as the new Sprial area and enter whirlpool is being weird :/ ..

I've not got it mapped and someone told me to map special create which I did.. but enter whirlpool after that messes up the room I arrive into :/

Thanks in advance
    Nalor said:
    Anyone still use Mudbot and happen to help me with a few questions?

How do you do special exits? as the new Sprial area and enter whirlpool is being weird :/ ..

I've not got it mapped and someone told me to map special create which I did.. but enter whirlpool after that messes up the room I arrive into :/

Thanks in advance
    1. Stand in the room with the special exit and turn map create on.
    2. Type in: exit special create
    This will create a new special exit designated as 0 if there are no other special exits that have been created in that particular room prior to this one. Otherwise it'd be 1, 2, etc.
    3. Type in: exit special command 0 enter whirlpool
    This will set special exit 0's command to enter as "enter whirlpool".
    4. Type in: exit special message 0 You step through a violent, jade-tainted whirlpool.
    This will set the special exit 0 to look for the line "You step through a violent, jade-tainted whirlpool." to confirm that the proper path has been taken.
    5. Type in: exit special link 0 (vnum)
    This will link the imap to the vnum of the other room you provided.
    6. Turn map following on and move into the new room before turning it back on.
    7. exit unilink (vnum where special exit is)
    This will create a one way exit to special exit room. Important to do since you need a special command to enter the area but not one to LEAVE the area.
    8. Walk in the direction of the special exit.

Tada. Done.

havenbanner2
    Alternatively, type exit special capture create and it'll automatically make a new room and area for you after you go through the exit. Then do steps 7 and 8.
  • Moirean said:
    Alternatively, type exit special capture create and it'll automatically make a new room and area for you after you go through the exit. Then do steps 7 and 8.
    Thanks @Haven

@Moirean no it doesnt, Haven told me to do exit special capture create in web and it messed up the area completely
    You probably still had the old area linked.
  • If anyone has any advice, I only just started having this issue, I can't seem to load the i_mapper.dll

Listening on port 123, bound on localhost.
    Loading file './i_mapper.dll'.
    Can't load ./i_mapper.dll.
    Entering main loop... All ready.
    Sock.sinaddr: 127.0.0.1
    Connecting to: aetolia.com 23.
    Connected.

I've tried started with a fresh new map/download, but am still having the same problem.
    Have you installed any new programs other than mudbot lately? If so, try uninstalling those and see what happens. That's weird.

• tech support 101, resetting my pc which I hadn't for days fixed the issue. oh sigh.

Thanks for responding dask.
  • When in doubt, turn it off and on again. Don't try this on people.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz