I_Mapper continued

Comments

• Nalor said:
    Works fine for me, try using map config worm_warp  it could be the map your on ?
    Configuring worm_warp works fine and dandy - attempting to map a path via mudbot once I have configured it on and saved crashes the mudbot, regardless of how I try and map the path - map path area or simply map path vnum.
  • Can anyone help me with an issue with remapping Jaru .. I mapped it fine but seems the rooms are doubling up and ROOM MERGE just shows

[This room:]
      (n,e,s) -- Passing a glass-domed building and cottages. (26155)
    [Other rooms:]
      (n,e,s) -- Passing a glass-domed building and cottages. (26131)

I've not mapped in years so can anyone help me on how to make it NOT double up on rooms?

Thanks
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    You could do 'room merge 26131' if you're standing in the room. If you're standing in an adjacent room, you could do 'room delete 26131' to destroy the duplicate and then 'exit link 26155' before moving back into the original room (thus telling imap that the next exit you're going through will link to 26155'). Also, geesh, 26,000 rooms. My map is only at 16,000 or so and I've mapped all zones that I'm aware of.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My mapper is around 23k for the room number. The actual number of rooms in my map is 19,430. Mudbot doesn't seem to slot in rooms in spots made free after you delete a room. Also, I have a lot of old rooms (like the old Spirean Institute) that are inaccessible now, for nostalgia and because eh, why bother going through and deleting one-by-one. That's a heaaaadache.
  • That what that map remake vnums or whatever-it-is command is for.

Assuming it still works. I've only used it twice, and that was loooong ago.

I've tried using it a few times and now I have two Fengards. :/
  • I just opened up the I_Map in notepad++ and deleted the entries for a whole area that way. It...seemed to work?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited January 2014
    I'm not talking about deleting. I think I'm thinking of the wrong command - I'm talking about the one where you update an entire area's name and stuff? There are a few areas that have been changed (ie what the area name is on survey).

Edit: derp, that's area update.

Re Irruel's idea, hmm. I don't think I will want to ever use that command, since all my quick go places aliases will be changed :P I wish mudbot would just slot in NEW rooms in the empty spots the deleted rooms make. Ie, you are on room 55555 and delete 1234. Instead of the next room being 55556, it's 1234.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    Alexina said:
    You could do 'room merge 26131' if you're standing in the room. If you're standing in an adjacent room, you could do 'room delete 26131' to destroy the duplicate and then 'exit link 26155' before moving back into the original room (thus telling imap that the next exit you're going through will link to 26155'). Also, geesh, 26,000 rooms. My map is only at 16,000 or so and I've mapped all zones that I'm aware of.
    REALLY no way to map the area without getting double up rooms?? thats really silly the whole area doubled up :(
  • There is. You have to use the 'exit link' command to get rooms to match up properly. The mapper isn't sophisticated enough to be able to detect that the room you're mapping in is one that you've already mapped in some cases, particularly when it comes to up/down and in/out exits.

Usually it'll update if the exits and stuff are the same. If it's redoing every room, just do MAP LOAD to load the previous version and find a new room to try from.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    blah, I can not remember doing any of this before  ...  seems soo much hassle!

When I try to merge I get this

[Problem with the north exits; they lead to different places.]

When I try to link its asking what im trying to link to

Thanks tho
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I just keep @Xavin around and whore out his skills.  This is my advertisement: Buy Xavin's map!  (I have no idea how much it is)
  • for 50 creds, no thanks as its so not worth it when they used to be sold for half of that
    ArbreSolaria
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Nalor said:
    for 50 creds, no thanks as its so not worth it when they used to be sold for half of that
    It's definitely worth it, believe you me. He e-mails out updates whenever a new area comes out, or when he goes out to fix the map any (IE: hey, a shop  name changed, let's fix that). I used to have Xon's map for the longest time and, honestly, Xavin's is substantially better. Cleaned up, pretty accurate, and fairly thorough.

Arbre
  • Nalor said:
    for 50 creds, no thanks as its so not worth it when they used to be sold for half of that
    ^^ Systems only get sold for 200 creds ... i'll just spend the day figuring out this map updating
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I wrote a system.  The other day I tried to fix the Shadow Keep.  I'll delete my system and start again from scratch any day of the week before I try -that- again.  Isn't @Xavin's on the cheaper end of maps being sold anyways?  I don't really keep up.
  • no its most expensive I've heard being sold.. I know before when I played it was like 20/30 credits
  • edited January 2014
    I recall maps being sold at 50 or so credits years and years ago. That said, as far as I know, no one else who has sold an imapper map in Aetolia offers updates like I do. That said, while I do try to push my map, I don't really like to pressure people. In essence, what they're paying for is the convenience of having someone else do their mapping for them, as well as a measure of very, very low level support when it comes to questions regarding map functions, getting things set up, etc.

Edit: In the time I've been selling it (a few years now) I've sold something close to 70 copies of my map. I honestly can't say that I've heard anything but praise regarding it, too.

DamonicusArbreDaskalos
  • Anyone know the command for 'special' exits? such as city portals? I remember doing it when they first came out but forgotten ALL the commands for the map as its been soo long :(
  • I think, that was actually just that but the reverse? 'Exit special' ? I could be wrong, it has been a loooong time for me.

• mm seems its being weird

Room look gives me this

north: unlinked exit.
      northeast: (11827) Cliffs along the ocean. -> (Ayhesa Cliffs.)
      east: (4602) Within a shadowy, elongated crypt. -> (Isle of Delos.)
      southeast: (4369) Before a ruined shrine. -> (Siroccian Mountains.)
      south: unlinked exit.
      southwest: (10680) A hidden entrance. -> (Arurer Haven.)
      west: (1535) In the courtyard of a ruined castle. -> (Dakhota hills.)
      northwest: (43) Dilapidated cottage. -> (Prelatorian Highway.)
      down: (9246) Bloodloch West Gate. -> (Bloodloch.)
      in: unlinked exit.

even tho im standing at Enorians portals :/
  • 'exits special <argument>' lets you set messages, commands, and vnums for rooms (so if the command and message ALWAYS link to the same room, a good way to make sure it paths intelligently).

IMapper, thankfully, still has the help module built in via "map help", "room help", "area help", and "exit help" to find a list of all commands.

• Still confused on how I would change it, Since IM At Enorian portals not Bloodloch but its showing up as bloodloch portals :/
  • You would need to turn on mapping prior to using the command, use "room create" to create an entirely new room. In all likelihood, though, you'll probably have to use "map teleport" since the command is probably the same for each city, instead of 'exits special'
  • I fixed it, C/P it from one imap into another imap and just made up a number for it!
    Does mudbot (and maybe Citadel as well?) need different files or something if I'm on 64 bit? My old version was 32 bit and trying to copy that over to my new setup is producing errors.
  • Moirean, did you grab the Visual studio files? Probably need x86 and x64 for both 2010 and 2013.
    What are those titled?
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    @Moirean mudbot doesnt but Citadel does. I remember when I was running Citadel I had to download the 64bit Lanira sent me the link for....