Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Lightning paired with shine, demons, and firebomb is actually a ton of damage. Also luminaries are the only class that can output that much damage and affs at the same time. Sensitivity if the target isn't deaf, plus a fully empowered lightning hit from sensitivity is also another problem, but that only happens in team fights. The real problem is how fast/damage stackable it is. By itself it's not all that bad, only dealing like 20% of my health every hit. However it in addition to everything else gets to be really overwhelming still.  
    Ezalor
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    There is always time to reassess and adjust after Liaison changes. For example, we're rolling out a couple targeted Bloodborn nerfs to balance the dramatic offensive improvements we made by introducing Mindburrow and making anxieties more transparent.

If our Indorani changes (when they're all in place this week) are not adequate, we'll make some small adjustments and some targeted suggestions to improve the next Liaison round.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Sessizlik said:

Let's try not to call eachother horned equines and return to proper raging Before the thread gets in trouble.

I don't think the chefs tasted my dish at the Iron Epicurean. And I got not rp from them, even if I had all the time in the World rping with the oven. :( Makes me a sad panda.

They might not have emoted about it, but the admins behind the dashboard will definitely have gone carefully over each of the dishes! It's usually a pretty hectic time upstairs handling all the backstage stuff as well as trying to emote and things- 'short-staffed' is a pretty constant state up there for events. It's definitely not a reflection on you, your RP or your writing.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I told Slyphe I will be testing out the Indo stuff in combat to get a feel for how it really plays out. Unfortunately, RP is stopping me from PKing for a few more days, so I can't really play around with the new skill yet. I think making the bonedagger fling the same speed as dex fling would be silly, but I do think the current speed is likely too slow. The idea isn't just to let someone stack affs nonstop in conjunction with moon, but rather to mix in venom flings when appropriate, for example to push into a longer aeon stick. My bigger concern is that there's an activate time to switch flings, which means you can't use it dynamically to augment the existing fling offense.
  • I am just hoping for some big Carnifex changes. :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    (rumor has it they're coming soon)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:
    (rumor has it they're coming soon)

Did you read that in the most recent "The month of (Month)" discussion? *sarcasm*

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    No, I just asked :)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Credit prices. 0.o... wow.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    These prices are average for Aet. The numbers seen previously were largely due to the gold auctions. 
  • Amelas said:
    Credit prices. 0.o... wow.
    inb4 Rumours...

Was not me. I only bought 40 since the Great Hunt...and I bought 56 on the great hunt.
  • So... are these prices supposed to be bad... or good (asks the former Imperianite used to 10k being a low price)
    imageimage
    Munsia
  • Minarael said:
    So... are these prices supposed to be bad... or good (asks the former Imperianite used to 10k being a low price)
    20k is low on Lusternia. 30k is average
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Group RP, especially at events. Not a rage to those leading the events, or to events, just a general rage of me being uncomfortable in big group stuff overall. If I'm a random participant, I tune out and get lost in what's going on; if I'm a core participant, I feel stressed and feel like I have to help push the action, and get irrationally upset when people (inevitably) complain.
    VharenLinMinaraelDraimanEsperPiperRivasTeani
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Moirean said:
    Group RP, especially at events. Not a rage to those leading the events, or to events, just a general rage of me being uncomfortable in big group stuff overall. If I'm a random participant, I tune out and get lost in what's going on; if I'm a core participant, I feel stressed and feel like I have to help push the action, and get irrationally upset when people (inevitably) complain.
    So much this. Especially when you -do- play nice and move things along, and then people make passive aggressive comments about what an attention whore you are.
    MoireanMinaraelRivas
  • Lin said:
    Moirean said:
    So much this. Especially when you -do- play nice and move things along, and then people make passive aggressive comments about what an attention whore you are.

Guilty
  • Same @Moirean, when in groups I don't want to look bad or mess up the current RP so I try not to do any but then I step up and try and to do something.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • I do one or two emote and hide >.>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Discovering that there is a city in Aetolia that is worse than year 2 Glomdoring...
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Logging in for a moment from work when a wild RP appears, dont have time to complete it and get kicked from a guild for disrespect.

Bah!
  • edited July 2013
    Aarbrok said:
    Logging in for a moment from work when a wild RP appears, dont have time to complete it and get kicked from a guild for disrespect.

Bah!

Man, that really sucks :(

RAGE in general at logging in without having time to properly follow an RP arc. Sometimes you fully intend on just logging in and checking messages.

Equal rage at having something come up in real life that requires you to leave abruptly, more so when it's an admin-run thing. Luckily people are mostly understanding about it, but it still makes you look like a jerk when you just poof off.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Yeah I mean the circumstances are understandable, but I would have liked to Roleplay it a bit more, just irritates me when I dont have time to defend myself.
  • Aarbrok said:
    Yeah I mean the circumstances are understandable, but I would have liked to Roleplay it a bit more, just irritates me when I dont have time to defend myself.
    Why does this sound familiar
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    ...Munsia, you straight-up refused to roleplay or even stay in-character on multiple occasions, forcing people to roleplay around your stubborn OOCness. That's why I have you on ignore, not 'cause our characters clash. Because of you, the player.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    People that compare Aetolia to any of the other IRE MUDs, or other MUDs in general. Anytime someone starts a sentence off with "Well in Achaea/Lusternia/Imperian we have blah blah blah." This isn't either of those MUDs. This is unicornsing Aetolia. Keep the shit that stays in other MUDs in other MUDs, and don't unicornsing bring it here. I'm sure if we wanted those elements of the game, we'd go and play that game. We're producing our own unique features, and I don't appreciate people trying to take that away by always comparing/wanted to copy every fucking thing from every other MUD. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AtrapoemaVharenEsperRivasXavinTeaniPeriluna
  • To be fair, there are some things (both mechanics and rules) that could stand to be the default standard across all IRE MUDs. For instance, Imperian is still stuck in '05 with ridiculous guild laws that will put you on probation for learning, as a novice, without the guild's express permission. And they can't even tell you why they do this. Aetolia abolished all that crap ages ago and has been absolutely better for it since. I can think of more than a few mechanics Aetolia could stand to snatch from the other MUDs to better benefit its playerbase, too.
    LinHavenCalipso
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Midkemia has weaving languages into emotes, I'd be pretty ecstatic for us to get that.
    ArekaAngweCalipsoPerilunaArath
  • Things in a genre get compared. Criticism and comparisons facilitate growth. 

It's also more likely, on an Aetolian forum, to hear about the good things or things people would like to see from other MUDs as opposed to ones from Aetolia. Though, even for that, Aetolians in general seem to be more positive overall from just my past couple weeks on the forums.

On topic, I wish I could customize my scythe without spending credits. 

Munsia
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Can you even customize your scythe WITH credits?
  • I'm...not sure, to be honest? I just assumed so. Throwing money at it usually fixes things.

Moirean
This discussion has been closed.