Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited June 2014
    ---
    edit: I don't think I have anything to offer beyond what I've said, and I don't want to needlessly fan a fire
    ---
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Okay. Good to know.
    AngrothFurtum
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It's not so much the four letters (it's just a word, yes! It's an interesting word too, did you know 'cunning' comes from the same root?) but the baggage and intent that comes along with it.

Put it this way, people feel the same way about it because it has been said with similarly nasty feelings, with similarly nasty intent and in similarly nasty situations as the word that you get when you rearrange 'ginger'. Even if you don't see what all the fuss is about, people are still going to get hella offended.

SampIshinAarbrokSolariaPiperBrayden
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Samp said:

@Ishin I can't answer that question because it demands a premise I don't agree with.

Confoosed :(

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

AliceFurtum
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Basically, @Trager, Samp won't answer because she doesn't view Moirean as being in the wrong. So what she's saying is that she finds my question invalid, and therefore won't bother trying to answer it...regardless of whether or not my question is valid.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    This is getting ridiculous. o.o
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    FaerahAryanneStathanSolariaEzalorFurtum
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    We are approaching a point where this issue is becoming too personal for this thread. Instead, let's move on.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    SampIshinFurtum
  • In that case, I rage that they disguise gem doesn't work for the Albedos races anymore. I want an Albedos races disguise gem. I'd be perfectly happy to buy one with my iron coins. I even asked Galleus at one point but he said no. So, I rage at that.
    SampIshinSerrice
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2014
    Wow, it used to? That's so cool! YOU COULD BE A GIANT BEAR!

• edited June 2014
    Serrice said:

Wow, it used to? That's so cool! YOU COULD BE A GIANT BEAR!

Yeah, when it first came out you used to be able to be any of the Albedos races with the disguise gem. Then they changed it. I used to be able to walk around looking like a Dreikathi or a Caentoi. But no longer. Bring it back @Razmael. People will give you ironcoins to look like bears and coyotes.
    IshinAarbrok
  • Fell asleep on the couch with 3 hours of choclates and a favor left. Woke up...all gone...

• I'd rather be worddlessly PK'd than wordlessly tossed from a city. Also not kicked out of IC clans and positions based on OOC clan chat. It is what it is though, and the world is still spinning.
    *unnecessary banner*
  • This game though. Spines regularly has offensive language on ct. If that's going to happen, then it seems pretty silly to get ultra offended over one naughty word and not the rest. Trager said it wonderfully. We use all sorts of words that have a long history of terrible connotation. We aren't getting knickers in a twist over them. Jeez.

To my actual rage.

I have been forced away from the game for a few weeks. I have genuinely not missed it. Kamus has already quit ages ago because of the general attitude of people in game and out towards him. When I first started playing the game seemed to be free of the elitism and nastiness that had been rampant in Imperian that made me disillusioned with that game and pushed me here. Really, though, it's worse here. It just hides better. I'd love to see an Aetolia where folks approached it do from an OCC perspective of making this a fun and inclusive place for everyone. Where people allow for grumpy days or the growth of players (many of you have essentially grown up here and evolved accordingly), and treated your other players as human beings worthy of some base level of decency and respect.

I grew up text gaming. My experiences with text gaming communities isn't limited to IRE games. The other games I've played had good, solid communities. Nasty, childish behavior happened but was generally an outlier and the player was managed or removed after attempts to resolve the behavior. Here it is the norm to see/experience childish outburst that make it truly unfunded to be here. And if you want evidence of this, browse this thread.

I wish I knew a way to bring this game's community around to that type of vibe. Aetolia has so many amazing things going for it. I really, really want to enjoy it. I think I'm reaching a critical mass of jaded though.

Also hate my phone's auto correct.
    imageimage
    Alice
  • edited June 2014
    My rage is not a game rage, but a life rage. I rage that colleges make people write stupid fucking essays for no damned reason. Where the hell am I going to be working that I need to write an essay for people to read? Unless my job is going into being a fucking news reporter or journalist, the fuck does it matter?! ARGH!!! I hate essays!!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Furtum
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

My rage is not a game rage, but a life rage. I rage that colleges make people write stupid fucking essays for no damned reason. Where the hell am I going to be working that I need to write an essay for people to read? Unless my job is going into being a fucking news reporter or journalist, the fuck does it matter?! ARGH!!! I hate essays!!!

Turns out universities kept graduating students who were functionally illiterate. As a MUD administrator, I can confirm this to be very true.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArekaIshinOmeiAryanneSheirosiaSlypheFurtum
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I like how things work here. We're not allowed to single people out by name, and go into rants about specific people...except, apparently, when it's Moirean, because she's trouble and disliked. Two pages slamming me is fine and dandy. It's even cool for the admin to chime in, it seems.
    AmaraRiluoSampFurtumBrayden
  • edited June 2014
    Not to be a complete doucher or to fan the flames here, but your general attitude towards the situation is just making you look worse and worse.

So Ingram maybe shouldn't've said it, so maybe you shouldn't've over-reacted (can't say for sure, I wasn't there). Is it that fucking hard to just go "all right, my bad" on both ends of the situation and just let the shit die? I understand that as players we pour a lot of our lives, money, and attention into this shit, but just let shit fucking chill.

In a month, ain't no one gonna remember this unless they're going through pages and pages of this thread. No reason to get torn up about it.

Edit: This isn't meant to be a "SHUTUPMOIREANNOONECARES" post. I think you're a cool cat.
    StathanArekaIshinFurtum
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    ...and I was so happy that @Mephistoles managed to move the subject on before I caught up on the thread and needed to bring in the pow-hammer. So here it is, since it doesn't get shut up about:

MOVE ON. NOW.
    StathanAryanneMephistoles
  • @auresae's even scary on the forums.
  • My rage is a hangover. GO AWAY HANGOVER, I DON'T WANT YOU..
    IshinHavenSheirosia
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Rashar said:

@auresae's even scary on the forums.

But look at the little Charmander. So cute.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

StathanIshinOmei
  • edited June 2014
    Oleis said:

Turns out universities kept graduating students who were functionally illiterate. As a MUD administrator, I can confirm this to be very true.

Don't get me wrong @Oleis, I don't mind writing essays if its about something I enjoy. Maybe its just me, but if you hand me something that I have 0 inspiration in or have no idea how I want to write about it, I'm going to get irritated and find it stupid. Besides, if you're not in a career field where you write alot, is it really that important to know how to write an essay or something?

Edit: I'm not sure how often you guys write essays as a MUD administrator, but I'd venture to guess its not very often. Only because I don't see an RP event as an essay, but more of a story thats fun to think about.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I've found that a lot of college-educated professionals really fail at the writing that is involved in their work - even things as simple as emails, reports (meeting minutes, client reports, time schedules, the various legal responsibilities and corporate structure as round in the handbooks, etc). You might not get a job in your field, or the job you get may involve more than initially anticipated - this happens pretty frequently. In the real world you may not always be engaged in the tasks and writing you have to do, but still need to do them. While it is tedious (especially for something YOU are paying for, not getting paid for), at least approach it from the view of being practice? Less about the subject and more about "How can I be really concise in as few words as possible." "How can I translate my thoughts and information into a lay platform." etc, as those are skills that will be useful in life and work.
    SaritaFurtumJasline
  • I think he's probably talking about watching some of the players write. :P
    ArekaAshmerHavenOmeiAryanneJasline
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Rashar said:

I think he's probably talking about watching some of the players write. :P

Haha yes. Although I still write very often myself. Just not for Aetolia.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Furtum
  • I think I'm a little disappointed to see that @Auresae is so low level. But at least when she hits level 16 Auremander can evolve into Auremeleon. And then one day, maybe even Aurezard.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

StathanIosyneSetneSampFurtum
  • Clearly Mephistoles has never heard of keeping Pokemon unevolved for XP bonuses.

i am rapture coder
  • I thought that the only advantage to not evolving was that they learned new moves at an earlier level?

Even then, I feel that the boost in stats far outweighs the early skill levels. Also OMGITSEVOLVINGSQUEEEE.
This discussion has been closed.