Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I rage about this newest promo.... just seems abit bogus to me. I mean, you have 17 items that can be formed.... each needing 5 pieces to form a single one. So if you are trying to get, say the Venom Rag pieces... you have a 5.8% chance of getting it from 100 credit purchase, which is $40, or 11.6% chance from a 200 cr purchase which is $70. And even THEN the pieces you get, might not even be what you're looking for. And because they are ONLY recieved via 100 cr purchases, the value of the pieces themselves are going to be really high.

So, for me, it seems like a promo that is targetting more towards those who have a decent bankroll than the casual buyer. Maybe ya'll should take a look at dropping how often a piece is given based on a credit purchase. Something like every 50 cr or something would be more suitable.

I appreciate the promo and everything you do, really. This promo just seems like abit of a rip off.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

SheirosiaStathanTragerDourifRivas
  • Why can't Subterfuge have some of the fun goodies from Imperian's serpent-style class? D: Seriously, they still get cobras, and they can lay traps and shit. Makes me sad.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Irruel said:

I find getting information about ylem is a nightmare. Or maybe that's just Duiran's chelps on the topic.

Dude that is every city's chelp files. There's like an avg of 4 chelp files all related to ylem for each one.

My rage is is both about RL and IG.

I hate how I'm always the annoying one, or the wrong one, the bad guy, etc. I'm just confused, I guess? I was ignored by someone IG because in web I generally have trolly responses. On the one hand, I completely understand. What I'm upset with isn't really him at all, just the fact that A.) I'm a dick in web because people are dicks to me, and asking these people to quit (which I have done) has yielded nothing but an increase in their effort to be jerks/trolls all with the excuse of "oh we're just playing/kidding" and B.) I haven't heard of those people being put on ignore before by this person.

Just for a bit of clarity, I'm not really mad at you dude (pretty obv to him and a few other people who it is by now). I was actually kind of upset with myself that I had irritated you enough for you to want to put me on ignore because I generally think you're an alright dude and have 0 problems with you. So sorry for that. It's just that in Aetolia and the real world and pretty much everywhere, I'm always the second one to start being a dick/troll/whatever, but everyone gets pissed/annoyed at me. Fuck me for not taking peoples shit, right?

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited June 2014
    Zsadist said:

I rage about this newest promo.... just seems abit bogus to me. I mean, you have 17 items that can be formed.... each needing 5 pieces to form a single one. So if you are trying to get, say the Venom Rag pieces... you have a 5.8% chance of getting it from 100 credit purchase, which is $40, or 11.6% chance from a 200 cr purchase which is $70. And even THEN the pieces you get, might not even be what you're looking for. And because they are ONLY recieved via 100 cr purchases, the value of the pieces themselves are going to be really high.

So, for me, it seems like a promo that is targetting more towards those who have a decent bankroll than the casual buyer. Maybe ya'll should take a look at dropping how often a piece is given based on a credit purchase. Something like every 50 cr or something would be more suitable.

I appreciate the promo and everything you do, really. This promo just seems like abit of a rip off.

Well, let's take it apart a little bit. Not each item requires 5 pieces. Some require as few as 2. You get 2 pieces per 100cr. However, some relic's pieces are much rarer than others. Using the venom rag as a benchmark is a bit of a misstep. That's something impossible to get currently. Creating it should be a matter of serious investment and effort. If everyone got one who wanted it, we'd be in a sticky situation.

On the face of your argument, however, I do agree to a point. The supply of these pieces, at least at first, relies on people interested in and capable of spending a decent chunk of money. No one is going to be able to go down the list and get everything they want in the month of June. Rather, much like with Iron Coins, we're putting into place a mechanism for slow accrual and assembly of really great artifacts.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • Or you just need to go to the bank of Daskalos and apply for a loan.

SetneSaritaArekaDemarcusIshin
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Oleis said:

Zsadist said:

I rage about this newest promo.... just seems abit bogus to me. I mean, you have 17 items that can be formed.... each needing 5 pieces to form a single one. So if you are trying to get, say the Venom Rag pieces... you have a 5.8% chance of getting it from 100 credit purchase, which is $40, or 11.6% chance from a 200 cr purchase which is $70. And even THEN the pieces you get, might not even be what you're looking for. And because they are ONLY recieved via 100 cr purchases, the value of the pieces themselves are going to be really high.

Well, let's take it apart a little bit. Not each item requires 5 pieces. Some require as few as 2. You get 2 pieces per 100cr. However, some relic's pieces are much rarer than others. Using the venom rag as a benchmark is a bit of a misstep. That's something impossible to get currently. Creating it should be a matter of serious investment and effort. If everyone got one who wanted it, we'd be in a sticky situation.

On the face of your argument, however, I do agree to a point. The supply of these pieces, at least at first, relies on people interested in and capable of spending a decent chunk of money. No one is going to be able to go down the list and get everything they want in the month of June. Rather, much like with Iron Coins, we're putting into place a mechanism for slow accrual and assembly of really great artifacts.
    Actually, in HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS it lists the venom rag as one of the things you can get from it. If that's not the case that might need to be adjusted.
    Trager
  • edited June 2014
    Oleis said:

If some pieces require only 2 to put together, perhaps than can be elaborated on and clarified as to what pieces require 2, what require 5, and what ones are the rare ones and everything. I understand that you admins enjoy letting us figure things out for ourselves, which is great, but throwing us a couple scraps of exclusive information every now and then would be nice.

Also, if there is a system being put in place for these pieces, then great and I look forward to how its put together, though I still think the pieces could be dropped down a little bit when it comes to monetary purchasing.

Edit: I was only using the Venom Rag as an example, I'd be highly suspecting that that item probably has a very high rarity drop rate.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Zsadist: I imagine that as soon as people start getting these relic pieces, they will be start talking about how many are needed for what artifact, just like what happened with the voxes and scrolls. I find it kind of interesting to figure things out in the game rather than browsing through forum posts, but maybe that's just me.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm not against the promo, they've finally returned a few of the artifacts I've wanted that I could not get previously. HOWEVER, I have no cash to spend on aet aside from the membership, and it will be like that for some time.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2014
    It's a bit misleading to put out that "some" pieces only require 2. Chalices really don't count as artifacts, especially compared to the other ones. I personally have, like, 10 just from the giftbags, and you can spend 50k and have a really good chance of getting double xp from the wheel. It's almost a bit mean that junk stuff like chalices, keyrings and vials are being thrown in there to dilute the pool for the better stuff. You have to spend like over $100 just to have a CHANCE (and a very low one) at putting together a nice set. Getting relics for stuff like chalices would just make me upset and probably turn me off to it.

That being said, I'm probably not buying anything. 100 credits at a time is a bit harder for me to manage than the smaller purchases, and all my spare cash this month is going to hanging out with Piper and Toz omgyayyyyy!!!!
    ZsadistPiperTeaniIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    look at it this way, free reroll
    Jensen said:

The reroll has a 50% chance of just giving you a measly 5 credits though.
    DamonicusTeani
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:

Jensen said:

The reroll has a 50% chance of just giving you a measly 5 credits though.
    And if you reroll 2 pieces and get a total of 10 credits (need at least 2 pieces for the chalice, right?) in a "worst case" scenario, that's pretty much what the chalice was worth, and it was at most 100 credits, so you got 1) pretty much what a chalice is worth on the secondary market and 2) a 10% bonus of free credits. Which isn't as awesome as the normal %-based credit bonus, but it is better than a kick in the face and a slap in the pants.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Was going to buy credits. Then found out that I have to go to Vegas at the end of the month instead (and pay for everything up front before reimbursement). Yea, ouch.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2014
    Daskalos said:

Was going to buy credits. Then found out that I have to go to Vegas at the end of the month instead (and pay for everything up front before reimbursement). Yea, ouch.

And Aetolia has a financial melt down. Our coder go on strike due to no wages and Razmael goes back to sheep shearing to make ends met. How could you Daskalos!!

>.>

Jokes aside, this promo is great but I am not sure it is worth my pennies this month. Sorry :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

IshinDourif
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited June 2014
    EDIT: In no way a productive rage. Sozz.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I rage that there's Not enough hours in the day to get all the Roleplay that I want in one day! Darn you, you twenty-four hour only day!!
    IshinFaerahAryanne
  • Piper said:

I rage that there's Not enough hours in the day to get all the Roleplay that I want in one day! Darn you, you twenty-four hour only day!!

That's not entirely true @Piper. There could be enough hours to roleplay if you chose to stay up for days on end. Not sure how that would affect you though, but you could do it!! :D

Piper
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Logon: Going to have a productive day! Touch book; Drink Chalice. Promptly die. Three times. In a row. ARGH. Now I'm back to where I was before I started -last night-. I'd tableflip, but my desk is bolted to the wall.
    HavenCannanAryanne
    Sit there with three times our numbers. Scream about wanting a fight. Kill our fighters trying to gather up. And then call us cowards for not immediately facecheck into said 3x's numbers. All in a good day's Aetolia.

DaskalosRou
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Complaining about PVP. Another day on Aetolia forums.
    TragerAarbrokIshinBraeFurtumTeaniAryanneSheirosia
    Being.. no-... Shit, man, I ain't got nothing for you. What do you do again?

IngramRou
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I was just about to log in after finishing up with Hearthstone, and then I read the above and decided, heck, I could finish up more basics and went back to Hearthstone.

Furtum
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Trager said:

Being.. no-... Shit, man, I ain't got nothing for you. What do you do again?

Expound wisdom and reason by leading with example.
    AarbrokIshinFurtumRouVolka
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    After counting the people I saw, it wasn't really 3 times your numbers, but we did have more people, yes.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Rou
    edited June 2014
    People rarely seem to realize that the shouts are more for the org on top versus the org/people being bashed. Which is weird, really, since Moibashing seems to be how people in Duiran/Eno prove they fit in. Learn to extrapolate?

My rage - a mudsex alt joins my brothel clan. Sends me tells insulting me. I boot her. She then sends me more tells, upset at the booting. I go, Imma take your heart. I am now a total bitch, apparently, for threatening her out of the blue. Sometimes, I can't even. Blarg.
    IngramIshinFurtumDemarcusStathanRouAryannePeriluna
  • Moirean said:

My rage - a mudsex alt joins my brothel clan.

I rage that I've been gone for over a year and never knew Moi was a Madam before I quit.

StathanIshinPeriluna
    There's a brothel with like 15 rooms and NPCs and everything!
    Amara
  • Moirean said:

There's a brothel with like 15 rooms and NPCs and everything!

Oh, Moi. I miss you so. Are they kinky themed rooms? Is there one with a crown of skulls holding court?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    How's the broth?
This discussion has been closed.