I was originally going to put this on one of the announce posts but it didn't seem right as I'm not trying to complain about the current event selection.
For all of the combat aspects that Aetolia tries to emphasize or has, I am surprised that there are not more creative combat events put forward. There are 4 FFA style events with varying gimmicks and only 1 team event, despite how much of a team focus Aetolia usually has.
Ideas that I've been rattling around:
1) Divine Order Champions FFA and/or shadow champs vs spirit champs.
- Draw attention to an otherwise very seldom mechanically used role
2) City v City v City v City with the caveat being that you can only include 3 people and they have to be guilded and using the class of that guild.
- IE Spines would be 1 guilded Syssin using Syssin, 1 guilded Archivist using Archivist, 1 guilded Sciomancer using Sciomancer, etc.
- Bloodloch could use Dominion as its third class since it is part of the city, RIP Indorani
- Yes, I am aware this flies in the face of 'BUT YOU CAN BE ANY CLASS IN ANY GUILD', but it gives a different dynamic to consider and may lead to interesting picks.
3) (City leader+ City War Min) or (City War Min + City Security Min) 2v2v2v2
- w/brawl mist if 5+ people are in a room to discourage teaming down the tether line
4) A bit more involved, but, a team of 6 people per city. There would be 3 rounds - a 3v3v3v3, a 2v2v2v2 and a FFA.
- None of the people could overlap and you would have to pick your team/round assignments before seeing the other teams.
- Each round gives 3/2/1/0 points to 1st/2nd/3rd/4th respectively.
- Strategy and theory crafting of what teams may come, how the other cities may dish out their people, etc.