Abhorash

EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baenCanada
edited February 2013 in Town Crier
Here's what I managed to get. I came in late and had no idea what they were talking about, I thought Abhorash was agreeing with the living in Undead Houses hence all that I said at the beginning. When I realized it was just about Voltaire I was like, oh, oops, okay then.

I also had to afk out in the middle of it. Valentine's day night really? Bad timing for an event :P.

EDIT: Actually lemme just pastebin this.

EDIT 2: Oh I also posted this without looking at the House Merging thread to see it already being discussed there. Dunno if you want to keep a new thread for this or not. If not, I guess a mod can delete this one.

EDIT 3: I'm also really confused about how tophouses work now. It seems to be realtime, rising and falling with activity instantly. But how will the tally be kept for dissolving Houses? I would hope it's an aggregate and not just highest scores at the moment seeing how I could just get all my friends to log in on the day of the dissolving, for example.
EzraxEdhainMaira

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ezalor said:
    I'm also really confused about how tophouses work now. It seems to be realtime, rising and falling with activity instantly. But how will the tally be kept for dissolving Houses? I would hope it's an aggregate and not just highest scores at the moment seeing how I could just get all my friends to log in on the day of the dissolving, for example.
    I hope how it's tallied is never revealed to the playerbase so that players might just actually...ya know work to keep their House from dissolving as opposed to try and circumvent the system. If your House falls, at least you can say you tried.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Alastair
  • Bah, really wish I was more active these days. Waited my whole playing career for something like this, bah!!! 

I should really get that honours line for dissolving the Imperium the first time now.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Haven said:
    I hope how it's tallied is never revealed to the playerbase so that players might just actually...ya know work to keep their House from dissolving as opposed to try and circumvent the system. If your House falls, at least you can say you tried.
    I agree with you @haven.  I hope its not told or figured out, too many people try to do what they can to get around playing by the rules
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah I was just worried that it would be a floating score based on current activity. It does seem to be an aggregate though, so no worries there. They just reset it a few times when I was watching it at the start.
  • Loving Abhorash being back. Here's hoping I can somehow RP with him.
  • AxaiAxai Slummin in Djeir
    Calipso said:
    Loving Abhorash being back. Here's hoping I can somehow RP with him.
    Your a mortal so the RP would probably be hello lifer, bye-bye lifer, DEAD CALIPSO heh (Or so I hope :D )
    AzraelEzalorAlastair
  • Very cool reading the log with Abhorash. What a legend! The implacable staring is just radcore. And Erz with her serpentine eyes. And basically all the vampires, good on them for being the ones standing up for their traditions (it's boring when everyone wants to be avant garde). Very cool vibe from that whole thing.
    AldricAzraelAlistaireErzsebet
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Axai said:
    Calipso said:
    Your a mortal so the RP would probably be hello lifer, bye-bye lifer, DEAD CALIPSO heh (Or so I hope :D )
    he wouldnt even say hello....just dead!  lol
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Axai
  • Macavity said:
    Axai said:
    Calipso said:
    he wouldnt even say hello....just dead!  lol
    Being mortal is the point, I would enjoy seeing how that plays out. Him draining me dry would be so hot. o.o
    Five days left to the IG year. I love how close all the Houses are. It's anybody's game to remain in the top 4!

• Lunare - 5941
    • D'baen - 5412
    • Ve'kahi - 5005
    • Bahir'an - 4898
    • Nebre'seir - 4772
    • Dar'sroth - 2
    That Nebre'seir/Bouchard merge really was a game changer, eh?
    havenbanner2
    Alastair
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'm cheering for Nebre'seir/Bouchard. Nostalgia ftw.
    HavenRiluoPeriluna
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Voting Ve'Kahi here! Go go go!
    HavenAlastair
  • Bahir'an will survive. I'll certainly be doing my part, 40 hour a week job be damned!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Haven
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Go go Dar'sroth!
    LinHavenAldricPiper
    Malok said:
    Bahir'an will survive. I'll certainly be doing my part, 40 hour a week job be damned!
    That's the spirit!
    havenbanner2
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I want to know why Dominion gets credits and Houses don't? In general. Not mad or anything silly, just curious.

Also am curious as to what the Dominion would conceivably -use- credits for.
    imageimage
    Someone remind me how does the Dominion works? From my understanding (I admit I didn't pay much attention to begin with since I barely touch my vampire) it's kinda like a 'Master Guild' for the Houses where Houses strictly serve as the notorious 'guild paths', right?

If that's the case, I'd imagine the Dominion would use credits the same way guilds and cities use credits.
    havenbanner2
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2013

The merger is working well, but sadly our leader is not about so we are not getting points like we should be :( 

Edit:  @Haven 5 days..... is all we have.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Riluo said:

The merger is working well, but sadly our leader is not about so we are not getting points like we should be :( 

This is only the second year, right? So after Dar'sroth gets the axe, you'll have an additional 12 days to kick some butt and get a big lead.
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
  • You accept Sarita's offer of membership and join the House Bahir'an.

Bahir'an > All.
    Malok
  • ^ This = Truth
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2013
    Haven said:
    Riluo said:

This is only the second year, right? So after Dar'sroth gets the axe, you'll have an additional 12 days to kick some butt and get a big lead.
      I hope so .. as it will give some of our sick players the chance to return :) and cheers.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Going to be a close race, no doubt.

I'd even argue we're fine with all 5 Houses surviving since the remaining ones have all proven they have big levels of activity. But if the admin stick to their guns...

ErzsebetHaedynPiper
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    After it gets narrowed down, 4/5 of the houses should do this:

Haven
    You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
    havenbanner2
  • Ezalor said:
    I'd even argue we're fine with all 5 Houses surviving since the remaining ones have all proven they have big levels of activity. But if the admin stick to their guns...

I have to agree with this sentiment. Consider the following:

Lunare              6116

D'baen              5739

Ve'kahi              5417

Nebre'seir         5264

Bahir'an             5174

Dar'sroth            7

Were this the absolute final stretch, Bahir'an would be destroyed even though the difference between its score and that of Nebre'seir is less than 100 points. Moreover, Bahir'an has a 5,167 point lead on Dar'sroth. If the spirit of this test is to ensure that the remaining organizations can sustain a level of activity that is supportive of retaining new players, we are really splitting hairs at this point. 

Additionally, artificial inflation of the numbers has already begun through the waking of otherwise inactive alts and in some cases, embracing new ones much faster than an organization typically would. Those that have played Aetolia for a while know that a large portion of these characters will fall off the face of the realm shortly after the trial is over. Again, not really proving anything within the context of what I believe the administration was aiming to accomplish here.

With Voltaire, Bouchard, and Dars'roth effectively gone, I'm just not certain that killing a fourth House is going to accomplish anything aside from frustrating the players that are working so hard to keep their organization alive. Not shooting over the bow of the administration here so much as suggesting that it might be worth considering a slight modification to the plan as a result of the strong response of the playerbase to this test. 

EzalorMalokErzsebetSaritaAlastairTza
  • I agree with this sentiment, and I'd also say that if Lunare continues to be stubborn, it might be worth it and be interesting to not have them in the Dominion, and have the extra House be instead. That way you'd have all 3 of the original Houses left in the Dominion, and really the 4th too, by way of Ve'kahi. Makes sense to me.
    Haedyn
    My only concern is sustainability. As you mentioned, people flock to the shiny new toys typically.

I'd hate to see all 5 go strong and then later see 1 virtually collapse once the paint dries.
    havenbanner2
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited March 2013
    @Haven They could theoretically ditch Dar'sroth and leave the other five. And then modify the major/minor system to require a certain threshold of points to be considered major and still have the two-year destruction time if you stay minor that long. That way, it'll pare down if it's just a shiny paint thing.

ETA: I strongly agree with the keeping five idea, thing. Especially since the last three swap places every third hour or so, so it's more a sort of terrible game of russian roulette, about  who's holding the fifth spot when the gun goes off at year end instead of which house is really more active than the others.
    imageimage
    HaedynEzalorSaritaAmaraArbre
  • Haven said:
    My only concern is sustainability. As you mentioned, people flock to the shiny new toys typically. I'd hate to see all 5 go strong and then later see 1 virtually collapse once the paint dries.
    Oh, I completely agree. The problem now is that the race is so close that Houses who have inflated their numbers by waking up inactive alts and speed-embracing could very well leapfrog over Houses that have a truly active membership. This would result in the truly active Houses being dissolved and the surviving Houses potentially just sinking right back into inactivity after the trial is over. 

Mind you, I understand that the administration's thought here is that members from the dissolved Houses will just join a surviving House. But that is not necessarily true across the board. I know a number of characters, including my own, that would be hard pressed not to remain Houseless if their House was dissolved. House RP is very deeply entrenched and axing an organization that is, in fact, active by all definitions of the word, over 100 points, is not going to send the right message to the players, in my opinion. 
    EzalorErzsebet