Mage Revamp Lies. LIES.

Comments

• KodaKoda Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    ...I couldn't even tell you why, but if wands were introduced I'm pretty sure I'd be practically forced into rolling a new mage character just to roleplay that out. That sounds like so much fun. Theoretically the messages wouldn't even need to be changed to compensate for it.
  • LeanaLeana Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    I want a staff and a blasting rod. I'd like to swop the rod out for different tools during the fight. Let me get a shield spell to compensate for needing a physical shield, maybe like a shield bracelet and to balance it out maybe it doesn't affect Dodge/divert. 

Feel free to crowdtest some ideas with us!

• TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 601 admin
    ..wait now, are we trying to make Dresden a valid Aetolian?
    LeanaAnsidia
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tease me all you like, but when void shotguns and mechmages roll out I'll still happily forge you armor kits.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    Leana
  • KadeuceusKadeuceus Member, Bot Posts: 5
    Wait if I get a cool wand/blaster....

DO IT (palpatine voice)
    Leana
    Tiur said:
    ..wait now, are we trying to make Dresden a valid Aetolian?
    Yes. Use your power!

• VyxsisVyxsis VyxsisMember Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭
    are you sure wands are a good idea? we already have Houses... taking too many steps toward a certain popular fantasy franchise...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• EmirEmir Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Ripping off VTM worked well enough.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    TozIazamatSteele
  • KelliaraKelliara Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭
    What's VTM?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Vampire: The Masquerade
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyxsis said:

are you sure wands are a good idea? we already have Houses... taking too many steps toward a certain popular fantasy franchise...

Hey, I like Harry Potter!

Also, I would definitely get a customized wand if that becomes an option. That sounds awesome.
    I wish we ripped off VTM. I really do.

Sarita said:

Vyxsis said:

Hey, I like Harry Potter!

Also, I would definitely get a customized wand if that becomes an option. That sounds awesome.
    i'm not making any judgements about HP - just thinking about copyright infringement issues
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Gimme Obtenebration and Dementation and I'd be a happy buggy.

Also, hype hype hype?

• TekiasTekias WisconsinMember Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    I will gladly take on a Malk-like mind for some Dementation. "I am but a puppet of the overlord clacking at keys that unlock no doors."
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of wands being associated with magic goes back hundreds (or thousands, depending on which book you consider the first) of years, so I don't think the HP franchise has any special claim on it.
    Trager
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the RainbowMember Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Delete wands.
    EmirKasimir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wands.

• SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware an event was happening. With Leviathans and Seals and stuffs. I'ma say it.
    REVAMP! HYPE!

Sarita said:

The idea of wands being associated with magic goes back hundreds (or thousands, depending on which book you consider the first) of years, so I don't think the HP franchise has any special claim on it.

it's come to my attention that i'm utterly crap at jokes T_T

anyways where's dat SHINYmancer at??

• TozToz Member Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    2 weeks! Hype!

Am excited for my void shotgun.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    HAI GAIS YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?!?
    Tiur said:

Initial teaser post

ONE YEAR TODAY. WE MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL HYPE-LONS!

Hi.

• ChurchChurch Member Posts: 16

Zaila
    Guys this thread was actually made on April 1st, @Tiur clearly edited the creation date to fool you all.

There is no revamp. Only buffs to replicate.
    Vyxsis
  • OonaghOonagh Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    THIS MAKES ME SO FREAKING HAPPY!

I CROAK WITH DELIGHT
    Oonagh has been slain by the might of the toxic atmosphere of Ulangi.
    PazradymKanivaraVyxsis
    I WANT MY GRAVITY WELL AND I WANT IT NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW!

*insert Veruca Salt falling down chute gif*

f'realz, though, I cannot wait. And yes, I've waited a year. I still cannot wait, even after all this long.

Hi.

• TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for update, @Razmael. Feels good to know you guys are on track.

Oonagh
  • SteeleSteele Member, Bot Posts: 50 ✭✭
    The delays are due to admin figuring out how to make the new singularity ability blast the interstellar theme through mudlet.
    Emir said:

buffs to replicate.

i will LITERALLY Scream

SteeleEmir