Mage Revamp Lies. LIES.

Comments

• ...I couldn't even tell you why, but if wands were introduced I'm pretty sure I'd be practically forced into rolling a new mage character just to roleplay that out. That sounds like so much fun. Theoretically the messages wouldn't even need to be changed to compensate for it.
  • I want a staff and a blasting rod. I'd like to swop the rod out for different tools during the fight. Let me get a shield spell to compensate for needing a physical shield, maybe like a shield bracelet and to balance it out maybe it doesn't affect Dodge/divert. 

Feel free to crowdtest some ideas with us!

• TiurTiur Producer
    ..wait now, are we trying to make Dresden a valid Aetolian?
    LeanaAnsidia
  • You can tease me all you like, but when void shotguns and mechmages roll out I'll still happily forge you armor kits.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Leana
  • Wait if I get a cool wand/blaster....

DO IT (palpatine voice)
    Leana
  • Tiur said:
    ..wait now, are we trying to make Dresden a valid Aetolian?
    Yes. Use your power!

• are you sure wands are a good idea? we already have Houses... taking too many steps toward a certain popular fantasy franchise...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Ripping off VTM worked well enough.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    TozIazamatSteele
  • What's VTM?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Vampire: The Masquerade
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Vyxsis said:

are you sure wands are a good idea? we already have Houses... taking too many steps toward a certain popular fantasy franchise...

Hey, I like Harry Potter!

Also, I would definitely get a customized wand if that becomes an option. That sounds awesome.
  • I wish we ripped off VTM. I really do.

• Sarita said:

Vyxsis said:

are you sure wands are a good idea? we already have Houses... taking too many steps toward a certain popular fantasy franchise...

Hey, I like Harry Potter!

Also, I would definitely get a customized wand if that becomes an option. That sounds awesome.
    i'm not making any judgements about HP - just thinking about copyright infringement issues
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• edited October 2018
    Gimme Obtenebration and Dementation and I'd be a happy buggy.

Also, hype hype hype?

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I will gladly take on a Malk-like mind for some Dementation. "I am but a puppet of the overlord clacking at keys that unlock no doors."
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The idea of wands being associated with magic goes back hundreds (or thousands, depending on which book you consider the first) of years, so I don't think the HP franchise has any special claim on it.
    Trager
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Delete wands.
    EmirKasimir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Dual wands.
  • I wasn't aware an event was happening. With Leviathans and Seals and stuffs. I'ma say it.
    REVAMP! HYPE!

• Sarita said:

The idea of wands being associated with magic goes back hundreds (or thousands, depending on which book you consider the first) of years, so I don't think the HP franchise has any special claim on it.

it's come to my attention that i'm utterly crap at jokes T_T

anyways where's dat SHINYmancer at??

• TozToz
    edited November 2018
    2 weeks! Hype!

Am excited for my void shotgun.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    HAI GAIS YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?!?
    Tiur said:

Initial teaser post

ONE YEAR TODAY. WE MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL HYPE-LONS!

Hi.

• Guys this thread was actually made on April 1st, @Tiur clearly edited the creation date to fool you all.

There is no revamp. Only buffs to replicate.
    Vyxsis
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Yep, one year so figure it's time for an update, because not everybody will be familiar with why something like this takes so long.

So first of all, we've gone through a couple of iterations of this revamp now - the first couple of designs just didn't work out for us. The design we're on now is solid, and four of the six skillsets (which contain most of the PVP skills) are completely designed, coded and being tested/balanced.

The big holdup right now is the final skillset for the classes. We hit a bit of a design slump here, and then we had a couple of big world events that diverted time away from work on the revamp. We've got a plan locked down for the final skillset now, and now that events are out of the way, my focus is back on getting mages done.

In the meantime, have a sneakpeek at a skill that @oonagh inspired me to add to the class, from some emotes he did during one of the dreg fights.

(you'll have to guess what mechanical effect it has - I'm not 100% sold on the current effect I have attached to it so I'm going to keep that to myself for now)

And here's a couple of skills that I asked the testers to pick out for me:

Reverse (Gravitation) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax: GRAVITY REVERSE

Consumes one stage.

Temporarily reverse gravity in your location, sending any items, denizens and adventurers flying into the sky if they do not have the density defence. After a couple of seconds, gravity will return to normal and everything will fall back to the ground. The density defence is ignored should they have five stacks of gravity on them, but this will consume two of the stacks.

When the effect ends, anybody in the sky will be pulled back to the ground. If an adventurer is affected by increased gravity, they will take damage when they fall back down proportional to the amount of stacks they have.

If you are indoors, adventurers affected will instead be stunned by slamming into the ceiling.

Whirlwind (Elemancy) Known: Yes
    Usage: CAST WHIRLWIND

Create a massive tornado that engulfs your room, making leaving the location much more difficult. This ability will only work when outdoors. You may only have one storm effect active at a time. Movement attempts will drain your mana; should you fall below 50% maximum mana, you will be unable to leave entirely.

The effects of whirlwind do not stack with similar obstructing abilities.

This spell has no resonant effects.

EmirOonaghChurchPazradymEliadonTekiasTeaniVyxsis
  • THIS MAKES ME SO FREAKING HAPPY!

I CROAK WITH DELIGHT
    PazradymKanivaraVyxsis
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I WANT MY GRAVITY WELL AND I WANT IT NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW!

*insert Veruca Salt falling down chute gif*

f'realz, though, I cannot wait. And yes, I've waited a year. I still cannot wait, even after all this long.

Hi.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Thanks for update, @Razmael. Feels good to know you guys are on track.

Oonagh
  • The delays are due to admin figuring out how to make the new singularity ability blast the interstellar theme through mudlet.
  • Emir said:

buffs to replicate.

i will LITERALLY Scream

SteeleEmir
This discussion has been closed.