Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• Imvra said:

Going forward, if there are imbalancing spaces like this, please Issue yourself over them, so I can investigate. Bringing things up to equal standard is one of my priorities, with lore and with the physical world you experience.

Vyxsis has been slain by the divine might of Razmael.

Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    TozZailaIazamatKalinaarLeana
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Class skills != buildings. There's a clear difference here, and the topic being talked about in this thread was ostensibly about the latter. And I mean, if you file a bug and it gets deleted with a message telling you to use the classlead system for skills, you don't double down and file an issue. That's just dumb.
    Mjoll
  • IT'S JUST JOKES, DON'T SEND ME TO TIME OUT.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • i saw it as correcting my error (the post instructed us to issue ourselves rather than bug), but agree to disagree. i didn't ask mjoll to post here, and i def don't see it as helpful regardless of who's right. the rest can be dealt with elsewhere.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Mjoll
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Feeling like you're unwelcome or that you're not fun to RP with and feeling like you're more of an annoyance than anything else.
    ZailaVyxsisKatie
  • When fishing at one spot for awhile:
    Your line bobs idly in the water.
    Fishing Discern
    You carefully investigate the area, looking for details about the fish you might find.
    You are standing within the Pachacacha River.
    The river waters teem with 7 of a silvery minnow, 8 of a river herring, 8 of a white sucker, 9 of a dark brown crayfish, a bluefin killifish, 3 of a swamp muskie, 5 of a bronze bream, 6 of an oak toad, a bluegill fish, 5 of a rainbow trout, 9 of a freshwater grayling, 2 of a spotted sunfish, 33 of a bighead carp, a blueback salmon, 9 of a drab toadfish, 2 of an olive-hued walleye, and unfamiliar creatures.
    You sense that you will be unable to catch any of the fish that remain here.
    You have fished here before.

Probe Bucket
    Sealed with tar and sap, this fishing bucket has seen better days. While it still serves its purpose, the treatment that preserves the wood has begun to wear away, and the iron banding and hinge for the handle are flecked with rust. The inside has been nearly religiously scoured, however, ensuring that a fresh catch is not tainted by the metal.
    It has 54 weeks of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 5 pound(s).
    There are 99/100 fish in the bucket.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Yeah, the extra fish thing needs some changes. It'd be part of the fishing revamp that is on a backburner because I got carried away. Basically, some fish just get generated in such a way that the system recognizes you can't catch them... but still lists them, to taunt you.
    MoxieVyxsis
  • Those crafty taunting buggers!

For the record, though, I was just talking about was the:

You sense that you will be unable to catch any of the fish that remain here.
    ---------------
    There are 99/100 fish in the bucket.

(this wasn't meant to be an irritation with the game, just at my frequent luck!)
  • Dannon said:
    Those crafty taunting buggers! For the record, though, I was just talking about was the: You sense that you will be unable to catch any of the fish that remain here. --------------- There are 99/100 fish in the bucket. (this wasn't meant to be an irritation with the game, just at my frequent luck!)
    You got 99 problems but a catch ain't one

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DannonMoxieEmirSaritaIazamat
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Not having enough credits lying around to buy an immortal pet. :'(
    StathanIazamatZaila
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    edited March 2019
    Dovan Hollow, everything can be targeted with slaver, but not aslinn.
    The Maul, you can use aslinn for all the slavers, but not slaver?
    Vyxsis
  • edited March 2019
    Please IDEA/BUG cases like this. Make sure to include a mob# in your report. Most of the time, this is a relatively simple fix.

edit: As an aside, I went ahead added 'aslinn' as a valid alias to the Aslinn slavers. The maul slavers should be targettable with slaver or aslinn as well.

VyxsisTozKasimirTeaniOonaghAloli
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    When it's obvious people never read this little paragraph from HELP LEYLINES AND FOCI:

When these lines of power become saturated with ylem, they release their excess in bursts of power called foci (singular: focus) which are then able to be harvested by those with the requisite training.

It leads to things like...

8 . (redacted): "30 minutes to Major Foci!"
    19. (redacted): "Major Foci has appeared in the Aureliana Forest,. Prepare for battle!"

Gah.
    ArbreOonaghDannon
  • I'm confused, what's to be peeved about here? What's the problem? There are literal messages warning of an impending major foci and those tells are from an OOC combat clan.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think it's the grammar that frustrates her. Focus = singular, foci = plural, and there is usually only one major in play.

SaritaOonaghDannonMjoll
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Right. If the clan messages said "30 minutes to Major Focus" and "Major Focus has appeared," etc, that would be the grammatically correct thing.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Focizes
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    23:43:52 (Tells|----): ---- tells you, "And I've now an old guildmate claiming to be pregnant with a chaos entity."

Come on now. First vampires having babies and now a -chaos entity-? Better not let me find out who you are IG.

Name ----'d to protect the innocent.
    DannonSarita
  • @Arbre
    Those are the times I most wish Aetolia's admin actually approached players and corrected them when they were trying to RP things contrary to the lore.
    TekiasTeaniNava
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2019
    Arbre said:

23:43:52 (Tells|----): ---- tells you, "And I've now an old guildmate claiming to be pregnant with a chaos entity."

Come on now. First vampires having babies and now a -chaos entity-? Better not let me find out who you are IG.

Yeah, sounds almost as insane as gods and mortals having sexual relationships.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Illidan said:

Arbre said:

Yeah, sounds almost as insane as gods and mortals having sexual relationships.
    SHELLS HAVE NEEDS TOO
    IllikaalDannon
  • Arbre said:

i'd... caution against jumping to conclusions here. it could just be funny wording that was misunderstood. idk, just imo!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    No one wants our intervention in private RP. We do not have the staff to be monitoring every person, nor the staff inclined to wade through all of the hanky panky you kids get up to!

However! If you find people pushing lore in a way that makes no sense, you can drop them a message suggesting they verify with Me and the team. I am here as a resource for all of you! We will otherwise, generally, only step in if it is something that is public and misleading others in a way that is detrimental to the game (directly or via an NPC, etc.)
    Aloli
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm sorry but I lay eggs probably.
    VyxsisMoxieXenia
  • Imvra said:

No one wants our intervention in private RP.

What! Who? Who doesn't want that?! I want that! :O
    Aloli
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Someone ninja changed the line where you or someone else gains a level to say the level name and not the number.
    Dannon
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The fact that I will lose 6.7 million xp in a single true death, on top of an additional 1.8m xp for a starburst.

In what fucking world do we punish people for actually something? :angry:

Kalinaar
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited May 2019
    Hello! I guess I'm logging in again.

Peeve: being treated like I owe people my role-playing time. I quit for two years, I'm still on the fence about coming back, and whining at me decreases your chances of a one-on-one with me to 0%.

Stay classy. 

Edit: yeah, even if you're joking. Especially if you're joking. 
    SteeleAkaryuterra