MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• @Haven Villi is a monster at chess. I don't play her unless I know my pride can take a hit lol

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    WELL... that makes sense. The player used to compete. Don't play chess unless you enjoy challenge and/or want to be called on some excellent roleplay later on when you've forgotten completely that you owe her a favor.

That is to say.... play chess with Villi. If you don't know how, roleplay learning chess from Villi.
  • Tried to use the forums with signatures on.

NOPE.
    Aryanne
  • Being unable to go to sleep until I physically passed out somewhere around 9:30 in the morning because the cold I have will not let me breathe while horizontal and I am not one of those few people blessed with the ability to sleep anywhere/any way. Waking up to my internet being turned off because we apparently used more than 1 TB in the last month of data usage. Time for my roomies to pay for their own danged internet. I'm absolutely not going to be paying 50 dollars more a month for business class.

The MOST ADORABLE kitten ever followed said roomie home, it's black with golden eyes and just old enough to be momma-free. No idea where it came from. It's healthy and waltzed in and made itself SUPER at home here and spent the night curled up half growling/half purring at me and Vharen. I dislike this because we already -love- this cat and I have enough danged animals, so she's got to go to a new home. D:
    imageimage
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Ever since the realdog emote, everyone around me has been getting puppies. I hate you Aetolia, because yes, I should get a dog, but I can't. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Jensen
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Muhahaha!
  • This death plague I've caught. Missed 2 days of work, had it for 5, missed my daughter's band playing in the Daffodil Parade, can't sleep, can't breathe, can't think. 

Nurse wants me to go to urgent care. I hate going to urgent care. 

Just shoot me.
    imageimage
  • So maybe some tech savvy people can help me out here. Aetolia keeps kicking me off  randomly. I can connect and say something but the minute someone else replies (Tells, web, talking) it kicks me.  I've tried restarting router, computer, calling Cox and they said its all fine on their end. 
    I can get to facebook or any other site fine, but getting on to aetolia.com sometimes comes back with it cannot be displayed, sometimes it lets me. 
    This isn't just on mudlet either. Its happening on cmud and the webbased client too. 
    Everything was working fine this morning...any help would be great!
  • Try another computer, at the library or friends, and if it keeps happening it's something server-side I'd guess?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    When it's 2am and I could use to talk to someone about next to nothing, but everyone I feel comfortable with is asleep because, oh, it's 2am.
    AishiaNolaDemarcus
  • For the last 5 days, I've gotten sleep only in 3 hour increments, and even that only once per day. Even the prescription-strength cough syrup -supposed- to conk me out has failed utterly to even make me remotely tired. Every time I start to relax enough to sleep, the hacking cough wakes me back up again. Every time I -feel- like I might be actually on the mend, I seem to get dramatically worse. All the meds seem to be doing is making me cough harder and more frequently without really improving the effectiveness of the coughing. 

I miss clear lungs and the ability to draw a breath properly, I miss sleep. 
    imageimage
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Minarael said:
    For the last 5 days, I've gotten sleep only in 3 hour increments, and even that only once per day. Even the prescription-strength cough syrup -supposed- to conk me out has failed utterly to even make me remotely tired. Every time I start to relax enough to sleep, the hacking cough wakes me back up again. Every time I -feel- like I might be actually on the mend, I seem to get dramatically worse. All the meds seem to be doing is making me cough harder and more frequently without really improving the effectiveness of the coughing. 

I miss clear lungs and the ability to draw a breath properly, I miss sleep. 
    I know the feeling, I usually get something like that just before Winter starts, which is made all the worse since I have asthma.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • I have a cold. I think. Some form of illness. Cold seems mostly likely. 

I also have a few hours to write up a persuasive speech, five pages long, about why people should use the envelope budget. 
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Out at dinner with my brother and his girlfriend when my brother decides to tell me to be less of a "Fag" and that my being gay is a serious problem and that I should act more straight when I am in public with him and his girlfriend.

Clearly ordering a whiskey and coke is incredibly homosexual of me.

Long story short, I had him repeat himself to make sure I heard him correctly, upon hearing the words repeated I set down my napkin and walked out.  As I walked home his girlfriend pulled up to the house without him (Yes, they both live with me)

I'm not even mad, this is Disgust the disgustening.
    FerrikTeaniVolka
  • Everyone knows real men order Fuzzy Navels, Aarbs.

As an aside, fuck him. Live on with your life, bruh.
    AarbrokAryanneTeaniDraiman
  • Awful, awful weather. Yay I get to drive in a nasty thunderstorm to class. The lightning is really bad.
  • MFW my professor is giving a lecture specifically on racism and gives the example of men insisting women be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Demarcus
  • In high school we had a 'racial diversity' speaker come in who lead with the opening phrase, "Them white folks over there were taught nothing but hate."

People are weird.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Demarcus
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited April 2014
    Back on the subject with Villi, I managed to draw with her once only because I played chess to an obscene degree with my Dad back in the day because there was hardly anything else to do.

Villi is a globally ranked player in real life as far as she has told me, so yeah. Not surprising.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    At some point last week, there was fraudulent activity on my credit card that led to it being shut down, so the company could issue me a new one with a different number. That's fine. It probably saved the headache of discovering multiple purchases that I didn't make and having to contest it all.

That said, it would have been really nice if the company had called and given a head's up warning so I could have cash or some other way of paying for things until the new one gets here. Finding out when it got declined at the grocery store is kind of embarrassing.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I had that happen to me, and it sucks. What made it worse was they wouldn't refund the money stolen from my account (even though it was proven false. I'm not superman, I can't get from Florida to Arizona and back in 15 minutes, which was the time between purchases) until the insurance claim went through, so I was sitting without $1400 for about 3 and a half weeks.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• People testing my patience when I've been sick for almost 10 days. 

My roommate, who is an admitted unicorn, decided to not pay the gas bill in his name for 2 months, then asks me to take it over without telling me. He thinks it's going to switch to my responsibility. Utility company informs him its his to handle. He keeps trying to increase the amount of money I owe him which was supposed to have been paid off in November. Now I apparently owe him another 1000 because, things. 

I ask for a list of what this is supposedly from, he tells me he sent it, I tell him I never got it and ask him to send it again. He threatens to do 'terrible things to my life' and gets -in my face- screaming and waggling a finger.. I'm not precisely the weak-willed sort. Intimidation tactics piss me off, they do not make me break and give in.  Now, I get to enjoy his delightful presence for the next 3 weeks until he is officially required to move out. He had the audacity to -inform- me I have to give him 30 days notice before he moves out. Despite the fact that he went and got another apartment without telling me and wasn't planning on actually paying this month's rent. 

Holy goodness, I'm too sick for this. I just want to break heads. I am far too angry for my own good. 
    imageimage
  • Really having troubles understanding how someone who has studied civil engineering knows absolutely nothing about it. How do you graduate from such a program without leaving with at least -some- knowledge of the subject? Especially from a college AND university. How? 
    It's mind boggling, and I'm getting fed up with explaining how to do the job, after explaining the same thing about fifty times prior, and giving out -all- of the notes I made to make the job SOOOO much easier. 
    Mini-vaycay PLEASE come sooner!!  

/end rage
    Areka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Kaleigh said:
    Really having troubles understanding how someone who has studied civil engineering knows absolutely nothing about it. How do you graduate from such a program without leaving with at least -some- knowledge of the subject? Especially from a college AND university. How? 
    It's mind boggling, and I'm getting fed up with explaining how to do the job, after explaining the same thing about fifty times prior, and giving out -all- of the notes I made to make the job SOOOO much easier. 

/end rage

I'm a civil engineer!
    Kaleigh
  • Jensen said:
    Kaleigh said:
    Really having troubles understanding how someone who has studied civil engineering knows absolutely nothing about it. How do you graduate from such a program without leaving with at least -some- knowledge of the subject? Especially from a college AND university. How? 

/end rage

I'm a civil engineer!
    Woo!! Me too! Kind of. Construction Engineer, heh. Same thing! :D
    This girl though.. drives me nuts. Shortly after I posted this, she asked me why a path was a different distance on a set of field notes, compared to the computer drawing.. I've never wanted to headdesk so much in my entire life! 
  • That makes me want headdesk so hard..

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited April 2014
    Dawwww, I miss engineering though. I took an environmental scientist position because in VT the only civil jobs are road construction ones from April till November.
  • Came to the conclusion today that I'm going to have to take an extra semester of classes. Raaaagwefasdlflkiwng. I wanted to graduate in 4 years :(

BenedictoOleis
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

For 10 years, I've had a person harass me every time I run into her at my 'standard' pub. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's really bad. And she's not just messing with me. She's messing with my mom and every random person she holds I was at said pub today and she showed up.She got kicked out within 5 minutes, but just having seen her made me drink more than I should have. I ended up missing my bus home, having to take Another one. I stumbled when crossing the road to get a coke fromMcD Before the bus came, then stumbled -again- on my walk home, hitting the same knee. The only poditive things about today are that I got to see this hot guy that works at the bar, and that the b***h was taken by the police for hitting a bartender.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Miss @Piper. A lot. I hate being used to someone's presence and then suddenly not being able to see them. If I wasn't such a stoic I'd probably cry.
    PiperErzsebet