MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Is there a hunting season if I want to hunt with my bare hands or like a big rock or something? Like surely if I strangle a deer I deserve to eat it regardless of the time of year. @Ishin !?
    IshinXenia
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I've hunted lionfish with Hawaiian sling before.  In the US they are invasive.  Also in VT there's no season on coyote so however you want to deal with them.  No idea what regs are in Canada

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aishia said:

Is there a hunting season if I want to hunt with my bare hands or like a big rock or something? Like surely if I strangle a deer I deserve to eat it regardless of the time of year. @Ishin !?

If you were in America I could tell you. I've no clue on the hunting laws you Canucks use, though. Soz!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I though they just ate waffles and punched moose!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Alastair
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    That's how they hunt. They power up on waffles and then punch animals to death. It's terrifying.

IshinRiluoAlastair
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I find physiology infuriating. These soft  sciences are flaccid and weak. 
  • edited October 2015
    So this is what the road looks like in front of my house, I don't think I'll be doing any of the fun things I had planned this weekend!

Aryanne
    @Xenia - tell bf to go get his arm floaties. IT'S KAYAKING TIME.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    XeniaTeaniTenshyo
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Oh god. Stay safe, Xenia. :( I experienced some awful flash flooding two years ago and it was a nightmare.

Didi
  • Sad that it seems these last few months the forums have been dying off a bit. Maybe it's the rose-tinted glasses, but I remember when there were two pages of 'recent posts' to cycle through :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Aldric said:

Sad that it seems these last few months the forums have been dying off a bit. Maybe it's the rose-tinted glasses, but I remember when there were two pages of 'recent posts' to cycle through :(

There was...

when we had a rage thread.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneDemarcus
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    The forums is a bitter place that sucks the donkeys preverbal meat stick!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• " donkeys preverbal meat stick!"

I'm stealing that.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    The word we are searching for is:

pro·ver·bi·al
    prəˈvərbēəl
    adjective
    (of a word or phrase) referred to in a proverb or idiom.
    "I'm going to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb"
    well known, especially so as to be stereotypical.
    Tenshyo
    Alright, school has exhausted my plasma shields and put my body into an offensive mode.
    Thus, I need to just focus on my schoolwork because I dont have a filter right now and I am bound to offend people.
    Sorry not sorry.... cant pretend to be nice when brain is in work mode.
    Ill plug back in once I can breathe and not have hours of homework a day, irritating as this is....this too shall pass.
    Tenshyo
    Aarbrok said:

Alright, school has exhausted my plasma shields and put my body into an offensive mode.
    Thus, I need to just focus on my schoolwork because I dont have a filter right now and I am bound to offend people.
    Sorry not sorry.... cant pretend to be nice when brain is in work mode.
    Ill plug back in once I can breathe and not have hours of homework a day, irritating as this is....this too shall pass.

IT SHALL NOT PAAAASSSSSS!!

#gandalf
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aarbrok
  • I started a small fire in my oven today.

Needless to say I did not cook dinner, but that thankfully I did not burn down the house.

Tenshyo
  • It's snowing. Not a drastic departure for Alaska, but it had the damn decency to do it so sparsely until now that it could've just as well waited another 15 hours so that I don't have to drive in it. I just want to go to work tomorrow, traipse around in the back room for eight hours, and go home to binge on Fallout for the next two days I have off.

But now, certain death.
    AryanneDidi
  • Being at work and having nothing to do is absolutely mind numbing. On one hand I hate not having anything to do, but on the other hand, its boring as fuck!! Just wish I could go home.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

AryanneAsaraiiAarbrokTeaniIshin
  • The doctors totally lied to me. This temporary crown is totally bothering me and the whole process was rough. Yeah, you numb me, but once that numbness wears off..just like a monk, you get hit with a lot of damage. :( I totally don't want to work tomorrow..
    Ishin
    edited November 2015
    Parry Head @Dristin - DUH!?

But for realsies, mouth pain is the worst.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    This isn't quite on the same level as @Dristin and the tooth problem, but I got my hair cut today for the first time in a while. I had a good 6-8 inches cut off, with a lot of layering/shaping done as well. To wrap it all up, we played with a few possible everyday kinds of styles that would be easy for me to do if I don't want to just leave it down since it's pretty different from anything I've ever had before.

I wound up leaving the salon with my hair looking nicer than it's looked in months, and I was excited to get home and show my husband. Alas, I made a stop at the pharmacy on my way home to pick up some medicine. On my way back into the car, some bird flew over me and decided that the time had come to relieve itself. I had to go back inside and try to clean myself up at least a bit before going back home and getting an actual shower to get it all out. Pretty hair ruined. Yuck.
    AryanneEmelle
  • Sarita said:

This isn't quite on the same level as @Dristin and the tooth problem, but I got my hair cut today for the first time in a while. I had a good 6-8 inches cut off, with a lot of layering/shaping done as well. To wrap it all up, we played with a few possible everyday kinds of styles that would be easy for me to do if I don't want to just leave it down since it's pretty different from anything I've ever had before.

I wound up leaving the salon with my hair looking nicer than it's looked in months, and I was excited to get home and show my husband. Alas, I made a stop at the pharmacy on my way home to pick up some medicine. On my way back into the car, some bird flew over me and decided that the time had come to relieve itself. I had to go back inside and try to clean myself up at least a bit before going back home and getting an actual shower to get it all out. Pretty hair ruined. Yuck.

I don't usually hate on birds, but man..I'd have been yelling obscenities at the sky.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I feel like I'm some sort of magnet for bird droppings. I've even gotten lucky in Israel and France! They must want me to become some sort of dropping recipient expert.
    Dristin
    While normally this is a thread where I think we come to release some of the general stresses that we encounter in our every day life. I ended yesterday and started today with a general state of unease. My maddening for the day is stemming from a broad spectrum of emotions, primarily those where I am seeing one group of people wish to do harm to another group of people for the actions of a group of extremists.

I am not a pacifist by nature, nor am I a person who does not understand the merits of our soldiers who go to war and fight for the freedoms of our collective countries. Being part of Aetolia I am fortunate enough to have made many friends in many countries all around the world and I think that despite all the awful things going on in the world, the world has some really wonderful people in it.

I am mad because I am hearing things that remind me of Nazi germany, I am hearing people declare death to all muslim people. This is not a consideration that should be made, in fact its promotion of genocide. I want desperately to try and understand why killing a large number of people would be a solution to people killing a large number of people. I can't manage to see one.

Find the extremists, and stop them, but do not promote genocide.
    That is disturbing and terrifying.

Everyone needs to find peace and compassion and try and make change in our world, we are too quick to jump to murder.
    Lets try and find love.

(Sorry for the political rant but I just needed to get it off my chest)
    IselleAryanneAdaliTeaniSarita
    The difficulty lies in telling those who are extremists from those who are not. Not that I'm justifying the 'kill all the muslims' stance, far from it. I've shot at, and been shot at, by plenty of them - and not all of them are responsible for that.

The simpler solution, and the wrong solution, is to kill all of them. I guess it's akin to the 'If one guy shoots at you from a crowd, do you turn and fire on him, or do you try to run away and hope none of your people get gunned down?', just on a much larger scale.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aarbrok
    edited November 2015
    My brother has told me the same as you do @Ishin - I cant even begin to sympathize for what our soldiers have to do, let alone can any words I say do justice for what the job entails. When it comes to our troops in all the branches of our military and even those who are retired but have served, I will one hundred percent support and defend them when it comes to those judgements to save people and protect our home.

I would rather we keep that support and let those who are trained to do the job, do it.

I would rather civilians and those with flying opinions stop trying to do that job and encite other civilians to deter from the efforts of our highly trained military. There is a reason it is something we train for.

If anything I want to thank you and any other Aetolian who has served and understands the severity of the issue.
    I just wish a bunch of bandwagoning yokels wouldn't worsen the situation with provoking people to think america as a whole wants their people dead, fear makes terrible enemies. but as @Trager said to me earlier, "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - and as much as we would like to think otherwise this cycle of violence has proven to repeat itself and those moments of comfort will indeed come with war.
    Didi
  • I hate that it took me THIS LONG to find this gd reference to Aarb's signature.

http://mastersofnothing.ytmnd.com/

And that Calvin Haris has a Vegas job with music like that.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Riluo
  • edited November 2015
    That I went to pick up a random damn ear of corn that was sitting on the back a toilet, and drank the water instead.

In my defense, the water was on the floor, not in the toilet, but still.

Fallout 4, you win this round. And every round probably. :|
    AarbrokIshinDemarcus