Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aarbrok said:

I posted the sanctioned raids thing in another thread a few months back @Serrice - IIRC correctly it did not get a great response, I would love to see this, SO MUCH, I think it was in that guards thread where people were talking about removing or something...I dont remember for sure, but yeah...I WISH.

People fucking hate the idea of their cities being raided, man. I love it, myself, as it would add another facet of PvP, but...sometimes you just can't win.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AarbrokRiluo
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I honestly think if it is revisited with appropriate mechanics, and say...only people enlisted in military are to participate them, it would allow a facet for people to be part of something confict driven other than trolling raids, but like, fun, say maybe it gives us commodities for destroying a room, which would mechanically say have rubble in it, then development could use the commodities to restore it back to no rubble.

I mean I think in the least it is something we could test, put a cooldown so you couldnt do one every month, maybe once a year, I dont know. I know there are people who have great ideas that would coincide with this.
    Ishin
    @Aarbrok - I'm still gonna have my birthday raid.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
    After all....it's

Traaaaaditiooooon! Tradition!
    IshinSaritaAldricTragerTeaniAngwe
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Aarbrok is probably the most appropriate person in all of the forums to post that gif. I mean that in a nice way.
    IgnotumAarbrokDristinAldricTeaniAngwe
  • Might be a weird thing to ask for, but Since people sell shops, etc etc .. And when orgs buy casks/scroll racks it HAS to be a person who buys them and if said person switches guilds the person can rob them.. so means rebuying etc..

Have casks/scrolls bought for the shop.. So then when you sell the shop you sell the casks/scroll racks like its part of your inventory of the shop.

So like buy scrollrack for shop1234. Just means numbering EVERY player run shop.. I dont ask for much lol
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I do not really like that solution. Maybe as an option, but not as a requirement. I might want to move from one shop to another and someone buying a shop will not necessarily want to pay that extra price for something they might not use.
    Erzsebet
    edited June 2015
    - Global -
    PATH FIND DELVEPORTAL to take you to the portal on the Sapience side
    PATH FIND DELVE to however to get to delve when in Dramedo
    PATH FIND MOSTYN to actually take you to the island and not the weird room it does now
    PATH FIND PUTORAN to actually take you into the putoran hills instead of the college
    PATH FIND MONASTERY to take you to the putoran monastery/college

- City related -
    PATH FIND BARRACKS to take you to war room/barracks
    PATH FIND COUNCIL to take you to the council room
    PATH FIND COMMODITIES (or PATH FIND COMMS) to take you to the comm shop

- CONFIG REQUEST -
    I do not know if it is possible or already a thing, but a custom prompt option for your current vnum?

- OTHER IDEAS -
    - for novice aides to have the ability to guild induct
    - Trade ministry to have a command to print out what guard commodity upkeep/recruitment is to replenish missing guards, to make stocking the quartermaster easier.
    - for webs to print if someone in the web has died - (Web) Alert: Trager has died.
    - Your vote weight to appear in your SCORE
    - A way to vacate/oust the HoN position without having to swap someone into it (sometimes people go AWOL and putting yourself as HoN's kind of silly).
    - DESIGN BUY (default num) or w/e the syntax is to be added to the print out when you just type DESIGN (as in buying a working copy of a default design).
    - For the mentoring line to be updated when you offer to mentor someone, IE: "You offer to take on soandso as your protege, and await for him to ACCEPT/AGREE."
    - for WEAPONLIST to also show what is in weapon belts, but notate it similar to how KEYLIST does (In belt2341d8adsf) - newline, weapons. alternatively

**********************************[ Weapon ]***********************************
    ID Damage Pen Speed Has Rune Decay Artifact
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #39273 138 76 127 No 73 No
    #39781 138 75 127 No 73 No
    #66231 70 91 178 No 73 No
    #67693 72 91 178 No 73 No
    #99065 138 76 128 No 76 No
    ---------------------------------[ belt22352 ]---------------------------------
    #100259 137 73 129 No 76 No
    #291570 160 92 147 Yes 36 No
    *******************************************************************************
    RiluoAldricTragerJamiErzsebetEmelle
  • Areka said:

I do not really like that solution. Maybe as an option, but not as a requirement. I might want to move from one shop to another and someone buying a shop will not necessarily want to pay that extra price for something they might not use.

I meant as an option.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited July 2015
    ORGREQ ..

Can it give a message on if its accepted, deleted, rejected etc etc..

Because the one I did just, vanished and really unsure why/what/where/when as I kept checking on it :(
  • Nalor said:

ORGREQ ..

Can it give a message on if its accepted, deleted, rejected etc etc..

Because the one I did just, vanished and really unsure why/what/where/when as I kept checking on it :(

I was able to see it. Try using ORGREQ LIST ALL to see if that'll show you it. Also, I think that it is supposed to send you a message - I know that I get them on those that I'm attached to. It looks like this:

3331 (aetolia) 5/26/2015 OrgReq ## has been approved.
    3332 (aetolia) 5/26/2015 OrgReq ## has been marked complete.
    3333 (aetolia) 5/26/2015 OrgReq ## has been rejected.

Maybe you were online when it happened and it doesn't send you a message as well as the online text?
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I was online but it should give a message even if online. Thanks @Dristin :)
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    It displays a line if you're online or sends you one if you're not. If you'd like to receive inbox messages all the time, enable CONFIG ONLINE_MESSAGES.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • @Oleis

config online_messages
    Current status: ON

I already have it on...
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited July 2015
    Well, that's weird. I'll check it out.

Edit: Fixed now.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi everyone. While I still honestly feel that the strength with which weather effects our characters in some areas is a bit over the top- like stripping down to naked in Duiran and still being 'dangerously overheated' (..Don't judge me. It was for testing!), I've discovered something that I feel could be rectified to help improve our own personal heat management:

The ylem gauntlet currently applies the 'lightly dressed' clothing level all on it's own, equivalent to a full uniform, which is silly since boots only do 'scantily' and goggles and accessories do nothing. Besides, it's just one gauntlet, not even a pair. Anyhoo.. here's a lil explanation from my testing.

From naked:
    uniform + boots = 'lightly dressed'
    uniform + boots + robe OR burnoose = 'fully dressed' .. but both = 'warmly dressed'.
    uniform + boots + robe OR burnoose + GAUNTLET = 'warmly dressed'
    Gauntlet on it's own = 'lightly dressed'

There isn't much sense in having the single ylem gauntlet make a person be considered dressed at all, at least in my personal opinion. I suggest that it be weighted a little more reasonably. (or set similar to goggles, IE no clothing change!)

edit to add that I didn't bug this because I don't believe it's a 'bug' per se, but instead a feature that simply needs updating to current circumstances since clothing management is a thing now.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    ArekaEmelle
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I think it'd be cool, to have endgame racials you can take to lessen the way weather affects you. One for heat, one for cold. Mostly because it makes sense for some endgames to be more resiliant to it than others. Have one who has fiery wings and skin that is perpetually warm and aglow like embers. Would make sense that cold wouldn't affect her as much. Not the only one with endgame types that have characters that fall into this sort of pattern.

It'd also be kind've cool to be able to set an origin point that also slightly (not as drastically) lessens the weather's effects. Only settable once, but like, I grew up in Spinesreach, I'm used to the excessive cold so it doesn't have as much of an effect on me --it's still cold as balls, but I don't notice it as much. Etc. And have it just take a bit longer before they start shivering outside and-or freezing solid.

imageimage
    EmelleSarita
  • With the merging of the Daru and the Luminaries, I really wish they'd go ahead and merge Carnifex and Syssin together, and Sciomancers and Indorani. And finally have the resulting guilds set to the cities the players actually congregate to in each of those guilds(Carnifex to Spines, Sciomancers to Bloodloch).
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    ArekaTragerAarbrokIshinXeniaFaerah
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    That... doesn't make any sense lorewise at all.

TeaniAarbrokArekaTragerXeniaFaerah
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd rather see the two mage guilds dropped completely and instead set up an Academy of Magic near the Grand Library, where people can join in, study the skills for a few years, choose their class (Shadow or Spirit), then graduate.

IsandeEmelleAarbrokTragerFaerahXeniaAngweArbre
  • Teani said:

I'd rather see the two mage guilds dropped completely and instead set up an Academy of Magic near the Grand Library, where people can join in, study the skills for a few years, choose their class (Shadow or Spirit), then graduate.

Madness! But I kinda like this idea. Will probably never happen though.. Magi are a core class in any fantasy game.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like she's advocating removal of the class--just the guilds, which both honestly seem pretty dead to me every time I log on to the characters I have in them. Not to say that I log into them often, at least in part because they're always dead when I do.
    imageimage
  • Serrice said:

That... doesn't make any sense lorewise at all.

When has that really stopped anything on this game?

Besides, I wouldn't even been thinking about it if 90% of the Carnifex(A Bloodloch guild) weren't Spinesreach citizens. Or if 100% of the Sciomancer leadership(A Spinesreach guild) wasn't Bloodloch citizens.

These facts don't make sense lorewise at all either, but it happens. It was just an idea given the facts of the situation rather than the lore.

But okay.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
    edited July 2015
    Meanwhile, Spinesreach responds RE: Carnifex

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but its been approached and shot down, the subject matter ain't gonna change, just seems the Carnifex enjoy the Spirean RP and the freedom we offer to Citizenry. It is what makes the game fun for them, I dont think slapping a label on what City they should belong to matters.
    DidiTrager
    Malok said:

With the merging of the Daru and the Luminaries, I really wish they'd go ahead and merge Carnifex and Syssin together, and Sciomancers and Indorani. And finally have the resulting guilds set to the cities the players actually congregate to in each of those guilds(Carnifex to Spines, Sciomancers to Bloodloch).

U fkin crazy son?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Teani
  • TEACHERS TEACHER ISHIN SAID A BAD WORDDDD!!! 
    DraimanIshin
  • Malok said:

Besides, I wouldn't even been thinking about it if 90% of the Carnifex(A Bloodloch guild) weren't Spinesreach citizens.

These facts don't make sense lorewise at all either, but it happens. It was just an idea given the facts of the situation rather than the lore.

But okay.

I'm not the oldest player nor have an intimate knowledge of the lore built around the Carnifex/Infernals, but my understanding is the Carnifex have bounced between pledging loyalties towards particular city-states or only to themselves throughout the years. For example, when I first joined, PATH FIND GUILD took me to the Tarea Mountains, my introduction to the guild suggested that it was loosely loyal to both cities equally, and itself first. Based on the old news board posts and such, the guild itself tends to return (thematically at least) to a band of knights who do not pledge their collective allegiance to any one city. It's likely most Carnifex do not see their responsibilities with the guild involving service to any particular city; they're instead expected to involve themselves in events however they can with the purpose of ensuring they, and by extension their organizations, are always evolving and becoming stronger.

If it were up to me the Carnifex would be based out of the Tarea Mountains, their relationships with Bloodloch and Spinesreach respectively being determined by treaties (which it already kind of is).

IshinTeaniAngweEydis
  • We don't want the syssin, they smell and do weird stuff to you from phase. Strength in slaughter, not in heavy breathing from the bushes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinXeniaTragerIsandeTeaniAarbrokEmelleEydis
    edited July 2015
    Would it be possible to make furniture re-positionable? It really sucks that it can only be positioned once and that's it until you destroy it or it decays. What if you goof? What if you want a diff set up for RP?

I know you can do this to a point, but you can't seem to unposition something if it's at something, IE position chair at table, no way to undo that unless you position it AT something else. Can't just normal direction it to uncouple it.
    EmelleIshinFaerahKerrynErzsebetXeniaSarkis
  • Areka said:

Would it be possible to make furniture re-positionable? It really sucks that it can only be positioned once and that's it until you destroy it or it decays. What if you goof? What if you want a diff set up for RP?

I know you can do this to a point, but you can't seem to unposition something if it's at something, IE position chair at table, no way to undo that unless you position it AT something else. Can't just normal direction it to uncouple it.

Can't you just pick it up and then drop it and reposition?