Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Could we get hound list sorted by hound age (from oldest to youngest) or something? I think it's sorted by mob number at the moment, and that makes it tricky to see what new hounds are coming in and stuff like that, since they might end up halfway up the list of 29 other dogs I'm trying to manage.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • Erzsebet said:

You're out of phase with reality, don't see any logical reason the sun would hit through that.

I used to get -really- angry in the early days of the game when I would mistform and the game would still want me to swim through water, and I didn't have Swimming at the time. Reminds me of that. I also agree...being phased in another dimension or reality should probably remove you from being hit by the sun.

"Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited March 2015
    I'll just point out that if you were somehow able to avoid each individual ray of light while phased, you'd be quite blind since yr eyes need reflected light to see.

NOTE: Not that that has anything to do with balancing the game, or making it more enjoyable. Fluff =/ Mechanics. Though I am curious, what's y'alls headcannon for how phase works? See you in Lore Questions!
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Most folk run around physically blind anyhow? So there's that.
    imageimage
    DraimanAngweReuxIshinTrigru
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Mobs that turtled with shield/crystal tattoos. (ohoho you just THINK you killed me - SURPRISE)

Aggro sentry mobs that checked bell tattoos ever 10s and threw eye sigils if they saw something.

Mobs that used block or parried.

Aryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There are some mobs that will shield. Krisiina in Xaanhal does.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I updated Yudhishthira a while ago to chase and use block rather then hiding in his lair too.
    Didi
  • Some mobs will have special behaviors like that, it's something we like to do with special mobs.
    Dristin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Keroc said:

I updated Yudhishthira a while ago to chase and use block rather then hiding in his lair too.

SO. I. NOTICED.
    KerrynSilenaAryanne
    The Citadel of Spinesreach should get a giant ylem megalaser.
    The Citadel of Spinesreach should also be able to infuse all the guard statues with ylem energy and bring them to life into an unstoppable stone army.

The Great Oak should be able to project its roots beneath the earth, undermining foundations, crushing walls, swallowing armies.

The Beacon of Enorian should be able to shoot out beams of concentrated light.
    The Beacon of Enorian should also be able to flood the city with magical light, revealing all that is hidden, wiping away illusion and deceit.

TeaniTragerAryanne
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Add in a config that will let you auto accept revives from people considered allies? Natural allies, not something done with Lust or any other ally/enemy changing skill. Just think it'd be neat because if I ever die on my lifer alt it's cause I got d/c, being able to auto accept a rezz would be nice. -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ErzsebetAryanneArekaPeriluna
    The ability to emote/shout or emote/yell at the same time, kind of like what we can do already with says. The shout/yell would look like a normal shout/yell to everyone not in room, but people in room would get to see an emote with it.

ArekaErzsebetJensenIshinAryannePeriluna
    Could we get something added that would let us search the directory with multiple words? It'd make clothing myself a lot less painful. >.>

AryanneErzsebetPeriluna
    The ability to PRESS FLOWER. For a small (or large w/e) fee you can preserve a flower forever. I need this to be done before @Rashar's flower decays, pls.

KonnornDidiAryanneErzsebetTeani
    Wish they hadn't taken the ability from florists when they gave us flowercaches. They made some of folk's RP flowers last forever, but they didn't make worn flowers stay in your inventory if you infall. So they all got nom'd by the cache first time I did it.
    imageimage
    Oh god. Must never get floristry.

• Would be super nice if when the Extermination cooldown was up it'd give you a message saying so, instead of having to manually check the cooldowns command.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Silena
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Malok said:

Would be super nice if when the Extermination cooldown was up it'd give you a message saying so, instead of having to manually check the cooldowns command.

Fixed.
    MalokIshin
    Could we get a config that turns messages for hunting grounds and vortex off?

And possibly one for lessers? That at -least- allows us to config the colour, if not config it off.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Erzsebet said:

Could we get a config that turns messages for hunting grounds and vortex off?

And possibly one for lessers? That at -least- allows us to config the colour, if not config it off.

I'm usually a pretty config-happy guy, but those are examples of things that are much more efficient for you guys to gag than they are for us to configure, given the proportion of players interested in them as compared to proportion of players annoyed by them. Can post example triggers if anyone needs them.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I have no idea how to do that, or I would, happily, on every single alt that I have. >.>

Edit: It's awesome that we have them and all, they're certainly useful for the people who use them, but I can't PK because I can't code, and I'm not big on bashing either, so all the messages meant to invite participation in them are kind've useless and spammy for those of us who don't want to participate in that facet of the game.

Edit edit: Could leaders get a way to add folk to be able to check orgreqs themselves? Easier when I pretty much always want the same person to be able to look at them than asking you guys to add them every time, or just pasting the information to them elsewhere.

Edit edit edit: Or maybe default elders (and maybe rank 9?) into being able to look at them?
    imageimage
  • I really wish key sigils could be attuned to only work on one exit in the room. Awhile back Bloodloch destroyed Bahir'an's key sigil that was in the shop because it was locking the door to the west to the Indorani shop. Sure would be nice to have a key sigil again working for both sides of the stockroom.

Perhaps you could ATTUNE or POINT the key sigil at the desired exit, but only if it doesn't have a flame sigil attached?
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Or you could just close the door and lock it, because it is a shop...so I would think one would have more consideration than to leave its safety to an automated sigil, but perhaps I am old fashioned.
    Xenia
  • well sigils mean they can be destroyed and have the shop broken into 8) which is in line with what aarbrok just said. 
    Aarbrok
  • So,I've just realised if we use the queue balance for slices/herbs we have to use the separator or the ; (the thing which lets us send two things at once so we kind of waste a separator (since we can only send x amount at once.

Instead of

queue slice outc goldenseal(separator)eat goldenseal

can it be changed so it'll be

queue slice goldenseal
    queue slice liver_slice (for undead)

So then game outcs/eats it for us? Since the 'slice/herb' is already telling the game we need a slice.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I have to admit that I'm a little confused by the premise. The whole point of the queuing system is to eliminate the effect of lag on your combat and curing, similar to separators. Is there a practical timing difference (or even a coding barrier, for that matter) to sending your QUEUE commands separately?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2015
    I meant more so we dont have to use a separator. I know in Imperian its just eat -plant- and it auto outcs.

Figured with the whole queuing system seems silly we have to tell it to outc the slice/herb then eat it considering its using the separator. None of the other curing healing queues use the separator

Sorry was trying to make it more simple for new comers @Oleis

but Mainly for this

You will execute the following command when you recover slice balance next: outc goldenseal###eat
    goldenseal

Goldenseal drops down to a new line.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm certainly not exactly a scholar in the combat department, but wouldn't that just spam you more if you had your cache locked? That's a thing, right? The reason why people keep herbs out of their cache, just in case?

I would imagine implementing something like that would, if anything, require additional checks on the game's side to first make sure you aren't locked in a way that you can't access your cache, etc.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • No as if you 'precache' which your on about then you still outc a plant to make up for the one you've just eaten, just when you cant eat because of being webbed etc you'll still eat and when youre no longer webbed you'll outc that plant you've just eaten @Aldric
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would be neat if CLs could do area-wide emotes in their cities, and similarly GMs within their guild halls. For RP and things.
    ErzsebetAngwe