Share Your Havens!

edited January 2015 in Harpy's Head Tavern
Because I didn't see a thread like this already, am not likely to see very many others, and am intensely curious, I decided to leave this here. Post your Haven rooms! As many or as little as you like. Brag and/or critique. I'll kick things off with mine. Just the one room so far. Considering expanding it, but happy with how it is at the moment. EDIT: Tiny grammar tweaks to the above.
A softly lit garden
This small pocket of reality has been entirely suffused with soft, pulsing light. It rests over
everything, leaving no purchase for even the slightest of shadows. It is a tangible thing, leaving warmth upon the skin and faint sensations of honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in the mouth and nose. It swirls and ripples in intricate patterns with every movement within it. The ground beneath its all-enfolding blanket is fine-grained white sand that is nearly a powder, broken at regular intervals by orderly flower beds filled with dark, rich dirt. The sand itself is warm and soft, pleasant upon bare feet.
Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
~~

~~
Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
Isande

Comments

• A river of blood and gore
    You stand upon a large platform of skulls in the middle of the river. The walls of this place are
    made of a shining obsidian rock, and ornate torches line the place, giving the place a homely glow.
    Chunks of innards and the disemboweled corpses of children can be seen floating downstream, and
    constant yet distant screams can be heard in the distance of this morbidly satisfying place.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • @Malok Yeep. That's full-on creepy, bro. Good job.
    ~~

~~
  • It could be better. I've had it set to that for over 2 years or whatever, and now I realize that obsidian is glass, and not rock. But whatever. I like it, it's metal.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Just 10k gold to redescribe it if you ever feel like it. That's small potatoes.
    ~~

~~
  • Just gonna leave this here...

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/926/show-off-your-haven/p2#latest

Don't worry it's in a section that is only used for Quotes and Misquotes these days. Easy to miss.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2015
    @‌malok

Obsidian is an igneous rock that we call volcanic glass.  Rock comes in igneous which is cooled magma or lava from volcanoes (unicorns yeah volcanoes), sedimentary which is rocks formed from sediment like sandstone (these are the types of rocks and strata (that's rock speak for layers) that show cool stuff about the history of the surface of the earth and how we know when volcanoes erupted thousands of years ago etc), and metamorphic which is when shit changes cuz of heat or pressure and wooo physics. These last ones have the schistiest names and make gneiss puns.

Glass is stuff that isn't crystalline (a type of way atoms and molecules snap together to form the shit they are) and melts/solidifies  in a specific way (basically it changes to the hot bendy glass blowing type of glass without actually going through a phase transition and becoming a liquid etc nerdy stuff blah blah). This is the more technical and broad definition. Colloquially glass is melted sand, yo.

Obsidian is a special little snowflake and is  technically glass. Unlike most other rocks it's like not uh I'm not gonna be a mineral like you rabble. I'm special.  Unicornsing obsidian.

Tl;dr: obsidian is a strong independent (often black) rockglass and your haven don't need no editing.

Bonus cuz work is slow: we need some aetolian versions of trinitite. Google that stuff cuz yeah not finding you guys links on my phone.
    ColetteMelanthaIshinEmelleValenae
  • It's sometimes hard to figure out what is and isn't right in descriptions I write(woodcrafting, haven, or otherwise) because of all the crazy differing opinions that exist. But back on topic...this one is my forge/enchanting room.
    The Forge of Malice
    As one descends the staircase to this place, they can feel a deep, terrible chill overcome them as
    they go deeper into the heart of the pile of skulls. The room is a frozen place, ice lining metal,
    and snow covering stone. In the center, however, burns a white hot, terrible fire. Near the flame is
    a forge, covered with blood and gore.
  • @Draiman Ah, thank you. Not an Occultist, though, so no thread necromancy shenanigans for me. Heh.

@Malok Dat grimdark, though. I can feel the metal from here.
    ~~

~~
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'm not gonna post the desc or anything 'cause I'm weird about my Haven, but I'm sure most of you have seen Princess Mononoke. For the most part, Ishin's Haven is like the forest from the movie - complete with the Kodama, though I haven't actually worked them into the room descs yet. I just RP as if they're there. :) Except...they aren't white kodama like what's in PM, they're all shadowy and gray/black and shit.

There're also things that Ishin would say 'Sound like animals, but aren't.'...but that's because the atmos messages for it is 'forest' T_T

..can I customize those? I would totally spend haven points on that if I could.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Melantha
  • My 2 haven rooms don't have descriptions! Do I win the contest of most creative haven?? :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Smaller than my last ones have been (I periodically re-do it. It has been a cliff-side grotto with gardens and winding chambers and viewpoints, and a ship).
    Entry Room:
    Steppes bordered by a stony shore.
    Water stirs and sounds in the cool air, following the merging waters that border the western edges of this space. The looming mountains in the north shade the distant body of the stream that winds down to merge with the larger stream that runs east to west, separating this parcel of land from the forest that provides green and the rustling of leaves to the west, and opening it to the steppes that lie before the mountains in the east. Situated nicely within this environment, a stone house lies to the north, while the walls and smoke of a forge linger in the east, the buildings rustic, sturdy and welcoming. Posts line the southern river's edge, evidently moorings for smaller boats that might come along the currents.

Map:

[b]
                      | 
                 [w]-[h]-[m]   
                    / |   |     
                 [L] [g] [+]-[f]

b = bedroom
    w = washroom
    L = office/library (with another library building up into the attic)
    g = guest room
    h = hallway (v. exciting)
    M = Main living area
    + = entry room
    F = Forge (with attached rooms to drop things while forging for organization's sake, and an enchanting loft)

Descs:

Forge: Within a well-tended armoury.
    Stone walls, insulating and resilient to the elements, rise and form this slant-roofed and spacious armoury. A forge heats the space, while glass-paned windows open to the outdoors to allow a current of air to both cool the armoury, as well as diminish the smoke that comes with its work. Cabinets and chests line the northern wall, and workbenches punctuate the space with well-planned and well-cared for stations for various stages and kinds of work, be it glass blowing, drawing wire, or shaping armour. Benches have been provided for rest or waiting, and sturdy racks allow finished works to be displayed and assessed

Main living area: An airy, hearth-warmed living space.
    The arched ceiling of this large, angled room, is lined with dark wood beams and the occasional hanging brazier to keep light evenly cast at night. Thickly-paned glass windows punctuate the walls, able to be opened at varying levels to draw currents of air through the space. Large hearths mark the opposite ends of the room, which has a slight 'L' shape to it, warming the space and chasing away the mountain chill. A table with benches offers space to eat or work, while the western hearth has a couch and chairs clustered about it for relaxation. The eastern end, closer to the outer armoury, is lined with counters and a threshold to a cooling room, ideal for storing ingredients and preparing a meal. The stone walls are further lined with wood paneling, and tapestries and banners add colour to the space.

Hallway of excitement: Along a wood-paneled hallway.
    Just wide enough for two to pass each other when going in opposite directions, this hallway is punctuated with sconces that reflect light off of the stone walls. The wood flooring is smooth and does not creak, matching the frames of the doorways that lead off in various directions. The murmur of water can be heard in the west, the and a series of steps lead down into a stone-floored chamber.

Le Boudoir: A comfortable, north-facing chamber.
    The wood flooring of this room has been largely covered by a sprawling rug, toe-wriggling soft and inviting. A hearth sits on the western wall, warming the room and mantled with wood that matches the frames of the large northern windows, veiled by curtains to further insulate the fire's warmth. A large, comfortable bed faces the wall, small tables framing its sides, the carved wood and lush bedding oddly contrasting to the weapon and armour racks that border the southern door.

Guest room: A small chamber overlooking a river.
    Wide enough to fit a single, narrow bed near the southern windows, this chamber is comfortable despite its size. Furnished with a small table, wardrobe, and chairs, it offers the facilities a guest might need in an overnight stay, though the furnishings have been scaled for the larger end of beings. A view of the river and western woods is in full view towards the south, chilly in winter and alive with greens in summer. The wood flooring has been covered with several small rugs, and the stone walls have been softened by beveled dark wood panels and the occasional banner.

Washroom: A stone-paved room eclipsing a stream.
    Several steps lead down into this chamber, the stone flooring divided by small platforms of slatted wood and rugs to warm the floor and provide traction against the moisture that emanates from the western stream. The building has captured and separated part of the stream that runs down from the mountains, grated and filtered to provide a clean place for bathing or washing garments. The western wall hosts a ledge laden with coals and planks of fragrant wood and herbs, which protrude down past the water's surface to warm it and add a pleasing smell to the air. A privy is built into the northern wall, while benches and racks for drying line the curtained windows to the south.

Library/Office: An illuminated, spacious workroom.
    Large enough for two individuals to comfortably work within the space, this chamber features large south-facing windows and a multitude of sconces and braziers to keep the space well-lit regardless of time of day. Tables and counters frame the walls and divide the space, bookshelves rising and offering stacks of paper and an array of volumes for reference. Rugs soften the floor here and there, particularly where the occupant seems to commonly sit to read or work. The stone walls have been plastered with a creamy white hue, though little can be seen between the maps, shelves and banners that decorate the surrounding views.

MalokMelanthaEmelleIsande
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited January 2015
    Before an enormous, black oak
    Trees of great height ring this wide clearing, nestled within an impossibly dense forest. Eternal, oppressive night reigns here, the skies starless and moonless despite being clear of clouds, the air dead and still. No wind disturbs the profound silence, whether by its howl or the rustling of leaves, and the usual nighttime chitter of animals and insects is absent. A massive oak grows at the center of the clearing, of size comparable to the Great Oak of Duiran but of far more sinister cast - its branches are bare, gnarled, and twisted, its bark as black as pitch - it resembles nothing less than an enormous clawed hand, reaching upwards to claim the sky. Numerous scars and knotholes dot the body of the trunk, voids filled with seething shadows that hint at passages into the black core of the tree. A palpable sense of power hangs heavy here, a whiff of ozone occasionally reaching the nostrils suggestive of the split second before a lightning strike.

MalokMelanthaKendriIsande
  • edited January 2015
    Rashar's haven transformed a while back into what is essentially a castle in the middle of a giant storm. There's quite a bit of story and RP involved there, actually. These are a couple of my favorite rooms.

The eye of the tempest

Save for the sturdy trapdoor leading back inside, you stand upon a harsh stone surface void of any ornamentation. Absent, in fact, of anything save soaking rains, fierce winds, and dark, twisting clouds. A thunderous rumble penetrates straight to your core, searching for the center of you and threatening to pull it apart by sheer force of presence. The sound is interrupted by intermittent peals of fresh thunder, which chase brilliant flashes of jagged lightning across the sky. It seems as if you stand within the eye of whatever tempest rages in perpetual fury around this keep - untouched and unharmed for the most part, but that protection extends little further than the edges of this narrow platform.

== Rashar's sanctuary - he enchants there, forges there sometimes, became Idreth there, and goes there to forget himself in something much more powerful.

A white marble terrace surrounded by the sea

Stepping through the door leads to a large, open veranda of pristine white marble. A stunning vista of sapphire-blue water lies before you, an endless sea that seems deep and forbidding, but also as pure and as clear as the finest crystal. A gentle breeze falls like whispers across your skin, cool and refreshing and smelling of the ocean. There is no shelter here. No awning or canopy, no ceiling or wall. Just endless water, endless sky, and an overwhelming sense of tranquility.. solitude. The tiled floor extends in a large circle away from you, reaching out a ways and then dropping off abruptly into the water. Two pillars stand side by side at the farthest point, taller than the height of a man and perhaps three steps apart. Identical round holes run up the insides of each pillar at even intervals, and a smooth bar of some brilliant metal is fitted into the uppermost pair. To the left is a large tub of white stone, all smooth curves and delicate lines and filled with steaming, slowly churning water. Along the rim are four handles, semi-circles of silver pinned straight down into the marble and likely intended to prevent injury.

== A place of calm since.. forever. I justify it by stepping through a 'portal' into another place. Since, obviously I don't take a boat across my Haven.

A sparsely furnished parlor

Slate gray walls surround you, free of painting, tapestry, or even window. Even the floor is bare, cold and unforgiving. The tall, arched ceiling gives the room a more expansive, ominous feeling and is also free of adornment save for a sturdy iron hook in the center. In the far corner sits a cabinet made of some dark wood, though it is locked and the contents remain out of sight. In the relative quiet, the patter of rain and the buffeting of wind can be heard as the storm rages outside.

== For that chance meeting you have to have where you think you might have to hang someone.

An innocuous looking chamber

This little room is pretty simple, really. Plain and somewhat innocuous. No windows, of course. But then, there are very few windows in the entire keep, and even fewer on this lower level. Fewer? None, to be exact. Strangely, the plush carpet extends only halfway, cut off abruptly as the remainder of the floor is occupied by smooth, black marble. The walls are obviously painted, a deep, rich crimson over a black stone base, and save for a few curious hooks and rings they are empty. The entire back wall is covered in a midnight colored curtain, which conceals completely whatever lies beyond. Positioned in the center of that smooth marble section is a single chair, large enough to hold a sizable figure and covered in enough straps and hooks to bind a dragon. Facing it is another chair, though this one seems comfortable and welcoming butted up against the near wall.

== For when a feller just doesn't get it.

Got me. I like to have my writing and style read and critiqued! So. Here is a taste. There are moore, but you'll have to find those ICly.

ETA: Format.
    MalokEmelleIsande
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    OH FINE but don't show anyone else.

A writhing nest of flowering vines.
    Wide boughs of an impossibly large cherry tree split and grow outward, leaving a large hollowed bowl,
    branches twining together, everblooming pink blossoms creating an outer wall broken only by
    occasional gaps. Through the openings are endless expanses of changing perspective, forests, rolling
    waves, and mountain ranges, the perception of each melding together as if somehow all the same place.
    Blue sky opens overhead, bright sourceless sunlight illuminating from every angle, casting no
    shadows. The low hollow is threaded through with endless lengths of shifting, crawling vines, each
    slowly coiling it's way around the circular area. The vines blossom with countless flowers of fickle
    description, each color of the rainbow represented if only briefly, before the petals and vines
    wither and waste away to make room for new. Strewn about the area are various items of clothes,
    discarded food, trinkets ribbons, and letters, all carefully corralled into little piles by the
    diligent vines, some of the more mouldering examples of the items already sprouting with new life.
    Larger, predatory looking thorny vines patrol the outer reaches of the branches, tightening around
    limbs menacingly, and seldom venturing far inward. In the very middle of the tree, a circular
    section of the trunk is laid bare to polished wood, still bright and vibrant with life, only the
    occasional daring vine creeping across. A sweet smelling breeze blows clouds of fallen pink petals,
    seldom leaving them to gather, before sweeping them away into the distance. There are 2 brilliant
    foxglove flowers here. A pale blue chicory blossom lies here, stem unbroken. There are 2 keys here.
    A small diamond lies here, casting prismatic rainbows. A chest is here, carved in the shape of a
    spooky pumpkin. A dried watermelon seed lies here. There are 2 wooden buckets here. A cheerful
    yellow tulip rests on the ground. A wooden bangle inlaid with rainbow chips of glass is here.
    Gleaming cheerily, a golden sun pinwheel lays on the ground. A silver ring set with a Heart of
    Darkness gem glimmers here. A silver chain necklace has been left here. A cloudy pink dunerose has
    been discarded here. A long wooden arrow lies on the floor here. A pair of silvery arijia dice lies
    here, ready to be thrown. A leather weaponbelt has been abandoned here. A cup made out of half of a
    coconut shell has been placed here. A strikingly beautiful rose, of the deepest blue, lies here. A
    cylindrical cushion in gold sits here. The dark form of a Heartstring Bow lies here, glistening.
    Throbbing on the ground is a precious Heart of Darkness. Beating slowly here is a fiery phoenix
    heart. There are 4 red candy hearts here. There are 2 pink candy hearts here. There are 3 white
    candy hearts here. A glittering ruby lies here. A luminous moonstone lies here, forgotten. There are
    2 silver rings here. A polished ametrine gem has been left here. A giant speckled egg chest rest
    firmly on the ground here. There are 2 carven driftwood wands here. An elegant obsidian cup has been
    left on the ground here. Fragile and sharp, a dagger improvised from a broken bottle is here. An
    elegant white letter is in danger of being soiled here. A fringed moss-green tunic lies here in a
    heap. An Aalen redwood bucket with a forestal design rests here firmly on the ground.
    There are no obvious exits.
    MelanthaEmelleIsande
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Within the unformed void
    Colours swirl and shift all about you in the void. Rolled up and bound with a yellow ribbon is
    someone's discarded diploma.
    There are no obvious exits

my 1 room used for dissecting/rock crushing
    Haven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Rashar - Interestingly enough, Ishin has a place similar to where Rashar goes to forget - except his is for remembering :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Kendri's haven is a small two rooms and I don't plan to make it bigger at this point. Kendri became Yeleni here, tearing up the entirety in a giant wind and lightning storm of power.
    A sweet scented meadow.

Surrounding an intimate gazebo is a profusion of life, creating a cloying scent of warmth and moist air beside a rushing stream. An array of herbs, blossoms and small trees fills the meadow around the tamed area of a cinnamon-hued cedar platform. Chamomile and lavender grow amidst lemongrass stalks and echinacea, corralled into sun-streaked areas filtering down through the leaves above and filling the area with heady scents. Climbing a trellis set against the wall of the structure is a heavily laden raspberry bush, bright red berries hanging like living rubies and framing the entrance. A small willow tree drapes over the edge of the stream, muffling the sound of the moving water to a background murmur. The back edge of the platform switches to dark granite as the overhead covering ceases, a contrasting line against the cedar, and marches down in steps until the stone is enveloped within the swirling water.
    Emelle
  • TozToz
    edited January 2015
    Toz has just unformed void that he turns into whatever he feels like at that moment.

Kog, being the manliest man ever:

Before a tranquil lake.
    A light breeze blows through the area, carrying the faint aroma of flowers. Soft, green
    grass covers the area leading up to a crystal-clear lake, the colored rocks lining the
    bottom clearly visible. Curling up above the lake is a soft hill with an overhang that
    partially covers the lake, jutting out to above its deepest point to provide a more than
    ample jumping point. In a small cluster at the top of the hill is the source of the smell
    of flowers - a cluster of small ones grow near the edge, their blue petals peeking over.
    Providing a source of shade, a large palm tree stands tall across the lake from the
    hill, appearing abruptly out of place amid the rest of the grassland.

Not quite his 'Endless Field of Flowers' any more, but there you have it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmelleIsande
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    These are the key rooms I use.
    Temple of the Kel.

A thick, pungent blanket of putrid decay hangs in the air of this ancient temple, its dark stone walls lit only by the diffuse flicker of terracotta oil lamps, their feeble light dancing idly across the length of the interior stonewalls. Immense columns of marble and granite line the entirety of this once sacred place. Carved with great care into each column are the shrieking faces of innumerable sentient beings each one more realistic than the last. In the heart of the temple complex a colossal pit of shadows and swirling souls can be seen, its edges pitted and broken as if something has been trying to claw its way out of the chaos below. Situated at the far end of the temple soaked in a vibrant white light is a raised platform of Sandstone and glass. Beneath the glass reside two adult sized sarcophaguses of cobalt and pale white. Contained in one are the flawlessly preserved remains of three tiny headless children, clasped tightly to the hands of the bigger female child in the middle. Beyond the platform a deep passage leading to the north is obscured from view by a throne and two tattered banners strung from the ceiling to the cold sandstone below. The roof of the temple has been painstakingly painted with friezes of great battles and a near perfect representation of the one true god Galleus handing an ice drenched ethereal scythe to a dark figure dressed in simple grey robes.
    This is the "colossal pit of shadows" described in the first haven room.
    Pit of tortured Souls.

Colours swirl and shift all about you in the void.
    You see a single exit leading up (hidden).

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

MalokEmelle
  • A bleak, featureless clearing.
    Dank, grey mist envelops this featureless clearing, causing a perpetual gloom. The ground is hard, with only a few frost-damaged weeds to lend life to the scene. In the centre is a freshly turned patch of soil, raised slightly into a low mound. Laying in a pile here is a heap of shattered remains from some small creature. A splintered compound bow lies here in pieces.

I created it during Kerrithrim for a specific purpose (it's a grave for some people that should not be there), but life happened and I never did manage to complete the rp around it (Paris stopped playing, essentially).

I've never bothered to change it, partly by design - like Irru's worn-out appearance, the haven will be nice when he doesn't feel old and broken anymore.
    MalokMoireanEmelle
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    A large, square room, this lab is outfitted for a variety of scientific pursuits, with shiny steel racks of tools and shelves filled with gleaming beakers and books with obscure and technical-sounding titles. The area is brightly lit from some unknown source of light, while smaller orbs of swirling, blue-tinted light hang from chains over different stations, presumably for adjustable illumination. The middle of the floor is left clear, the one tidy area in the sea of chaos, and is set apart from the otherwise utilitarian white tile, by an intricate mosaic of a complex numerological diagram. A quiet hum seems to reverbrate through the lab from an unseen source. A long, sleek obsidian table is here, a crate with Cabalist stamps and a long-necked glass bottle atop it. There are 2 elegant white letters here. A small, glassy orb of brilliant amber rests on the ground here. 
    MalokIsande
  • uhm...having yet to become a level 100 character... I instead offer something I crafted for MKO, which I returned to Aetolia from, here's my favorite room design I ever put together, one I'm extremely proud of.

Upon entering the front doors of the estate, one finds themselves within a darkened parlor. The walls are lined with hooks for scarves, coats, and other items necessary to head out into the eternal chill that is outside. The floor underfoot is ceramic tile, often slightly chilled, but is nonetheless kept clean and dry of snow and water. Running from the center of the parlor to the main room to the north is a warm woven carpet, as shoes are neatly placed along the side of the narrow hallway-like room to remove the chances of one carrying unwelcome ice and snow further into the house. Sitting in the shadows near the door is a small chest that makes small amounts of noise occasionally that, when left open by the mindless owner of the mansion, reveals the contents to be a battered set of armor beneath gowns and other clothing, and a baldric containing a warhammer across the top of the armor. The room is darkened, lit only by a fire to the north as the entire caldera that the mansion rests in is darkened most times of the day, save high noon.

this place was an "estate" (think like those plots of land that Achaea does, except your "front door" is accessed directly from the area you'd typically ENTER SUBDIVISION, or better yet, think Lusternia's aether manses, because that's actually pretty close in functionality) that was located WAAAAAY up north. Like..constantly frozen, and the estate was designed to be dark and cold 23 and a half hours of the day, with fireplaces in quite a few of the rooms while others are supposed to be cold and crisp. The above room was the entry hall proper from the "outside" area that existed between my character's manor and the gates to the city itself.

sorry if this is not an acceptable offering.
    MoireanMalok
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm waiting for someone with 100+ haven points to remake ashtan or old duiran in their haven
    AshmerEmellePeriluna
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    In the dark.
    Total darkness surrounds you, so thick and impenetrable that any attempt to shine light on the area would be a failure. At first the dark is asphyxiating in its completeness: deafeningly silent, endless. Over time, though, the experience begins to change. In the distance, rippling mirages of color dance, indistinct sounds echo, familiar scents waft. Sensations tease the consciousness in a constant, tireless flow of energy, each fleeting and just barely discernible.

A simple room. [Formerly, "Isolation."]
    This spartan chamber holds only the most basic comforts. A small bed covered with a threadbare quilt rests in one corner, a simple wooden desk and chair against the wall opposite. The better part of the floor is covered by a worn rug, its original color a mystery left to time. No attempt at decoration meets the eye, every wall left bare except for the corner adjacent to the desk: it is covered in layers of sketches with wildly varying characteristics, from simple portraits sketched in pencil to gruesome scenes in vivid colors, united only by their shared abstract style.

Also, someday I'm going to do something with this one -- Omei's old temple used to have rooms her Order members could shape themselves, and Emelle spent a lot of time here:

Of ruin and regrowth.
    The air here is thick with humidity and a saccharine scent so pervasive it could easily cause lightheadedness. All around are wild, exotic plants of infinite color and variety: some have thick and curling leaves that resemble tentacles, others are dripping with strangely shaped fruits, still more are decorated with enormous flowers of colors both familiar and imagined. Dense plantlife carpets the ground in heavy cover, surrounded on all sides by the ovate foundation of what appears to have once been a glass dome the size of a small stadium. Its shattered walls explode out of the greenery at jagged intervals, their edges razor-sharp; in some places, structures of corroded copper stand bent and crooked, draped in vines and clinging shards of glass. The vegetation has begun to outgrow the bounds of the ruined structure, creeping further in every direction as if of a shared mind that dreams only of consumption.
    You see a single exit leading out.
    MalokRasharRiluoAshmerIsande

• A courtyard draped in willows
    The weathered sandstone foundation of this open-air courtyard is inlaid with several decorative tiles, each part of an elaborate mosaic compass that serves as the focal point of the room. Like the sandstone, the tiles have eroded and what appears to have once been vibrant colors have dulled with the passing of time. The shallow roots of tall willow trees that loom overhead break through the courtyard's southern and eastern perimeters, their long, feather-like leaves draping downward as light struggles to filter through to the enclosure below. Night-blooming jasmine plants line the northern side of the courtyard where the polished ebony entrance of a rustic cottage can be seen.

A fountain lit with lanterns
    Carved from sandstone, this fountain rises from a vast array of night shrubs and plants, the tiny desert flowers bobbing in the spray of the splashing water. The roof above curves over rounded benches that line the edge of the fountain, creating a place of quiet contemplation and peaceful whispers. Delicate parchment lanterns of various sizes float on the rippled surface, tiny candles placed within each casting a star-like light over the water that flickers and glitters. No windows break the rock walls, leaving the floating lights as the only source of illumination within. Faint traces of latent magic flicker through the air here, crackling and sparking about the enchanting room with a hum.

A verdant hanging garden
    Thick iron chains bind onto a polished ebony deck, casting it out westward over the Havens, providing a glorious panoramic view. Fine golden ropes wrap around each chain to contrast brilliantly against the harshness of the black iron, adding an elegant flare that glitters in even the dimmest lights. A series of dark targets of various heights, shapes and sizes are found staggered among dozens of beds and pots that host a myriad of flowers bursting forth in a riot of color that attracts birds and delicate insects that gently hum and buzz about. Spilling freely over the edge of the platform, vines brush against the sandstone wall below, carrying the colors and smells of the garden with them into the recesses below.

Within a candlelit tearoom
    A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. Hundreds of small tea-lights placed in strategically positioned wrought-iron sconces line the dark wooden walls of this relatively spacious room, twinkling as stars in a dimly-lit sky. The ceiling overhead is composed of a grid of stunning stained glass squares, each an isolated kaleidoscopic splash of warm shades of oranges and browns that filter in highly subdued motes of light. The polished wood of the paneled floor steps down in the southwestern corner, leading into an elegantly fashioned sandstone basin flowing with floral-scented water, presumably sourced from the adjacent garden. Fragrant, tranquil, and warm, this room provides the perfect refuge for any seeking clarity of mind.
    EmelleIshinMalokIsande
  • Surrounded by glass flowers.

A maelstrom of colour covers the grassy, fenced clearing here. Overhead, a large marble archway, connected to a decently-sized wall southwards, stretches skyward, surrounded by all sorts of flowers. A thick, viridian vine entwines around the length of the archway, and down to an elegant, latticework gate, which has been left ajar. Made from sturdy steel, the gate glints brightly whenever sunlight touches it. Captured in their bloom, various glass flowers sway in the slight breeze that blows past the area. Gathered in a small cluster near the base of the archway with clear glass roses, are crimson and violet-tinted ones. A smattering of pink tulips, cheerful yellow-hued glass chrysanthemums, as well as delicate white snowdrops spread all over within the grassy clearing with wild abandon. A large, polished obsidian throne stands a  few feet from the archway and gate, and has been adorned with jade green crystal orchids. Upon an arm of the throne is a similarly-colored statue of a small girl. The tiny shape of a butterfly has been carved upon an outstretched hand of hers, and her emerald eyes gaze unseeingly outwards, as if to survey this domain. A tapestry of an imposing Azudim hangs here, framed by gold-glided borders. Images flicker across the surface of a crystal left here.

---

I haven't touched it in ages, but I still adore it.
    MalokDidiIsande
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    The shattered edge of a world.
    Here is truly the border between a world and its end. Shattered plains of silent stone spread in nearly every direction except one, where the earth falls away at a dizzying knife edge. Beyond, a storm of magnitude beyond comprehension howls. Lightning crackles through the oily depths of the looming thing from time to time, alien in its hue and the hissing sound of the thunderclap that follows. A hungry wind claws at this ragged edge of ground, whirling twisters of edged dust into the air. The heavy, acrid stench borne on it assaults your senses, nearly overwhelming in its intensity. Even as you stand here, pieces of the land are torn away to feed the maelstrom in its approach.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinEleneMalok
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Among pools of acid.
    This vast tract of the waste's rocky flesh is laid open as if by some ancient scourge. Sickly grey filth bleeds into the
    wounds, and their edges are scarred and warped with fused earth. The steam that wafts towards the charcoal sky smells
    sharp and saccharine, thickest where it gathers on the tortured shores of the stagnant pools.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Malok
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Two rooms, so far:

Entrance: Cove of the Drowned Knight

Carivah's haven is an impossibly inverted room, the ocean overhead and the sky receding underfoot. The ground here is eroded stone, sandy bands in the walls revealing the room as a cave in a cliff-side mountain. The overhead layer of water keeps the air comfortably humid at all times, and the mist that clouds the area reacts to the mood of any visitors, cooling or heating as appropriate. The lighting is a permanent night time, illumination provided by the stars below, with waves in the sky churning and bubbling to mark the passage of time. Brighter than it should be, a thick layer of red chum floats on the water overhead, luring predators that can only be imagined.

and up from that: The Drowning Sky

Up above the firmanent, the sky-ocean is terrifyingly beautiful. The currents move with the motion of unseen aquatic predators, the chum on the surface below filtering into a distant red haze. For the most part, the water is pitch black, blocking any form of sight. But around the bodies of any visiting swimmers, the water seems to supernaturally react, a faint and welcoming blue glow surrounding the body just enough to allow some comfort or safety. Miles overhead, deeper below the waves, is the only other illumination visible, revealing the ocean floor -- an inverted, flooded scale replica of an aquatic Bloodloch.
    SakylRasharTragerMelanthaIsande
  • Cheerfully indulging in thread necromancy because I completely forgot about this thread. I finally added a second room to my Haven back in fall of last year. It... Well, it -started- simple enough. Three some days later, I settled on this:

Sandstone hot spring
    Dazzling magical light illuminates the area. You find the weather around you
    imperceptible. Fine-grained white sand spills from the nearby garden, cast into
    brilliance by the all-pervading light that has accompanied its drifting
    progress. While before it had been evenly distributed, here it has settled into
    shallow dunes against a ring of great, irregular boulders of sandstone that
    blaze with the colours of flame. Reds, oranges, yellows and whites twist and
    swirl in ornate bands over the surface of the rocks, their hues so intense that
    the sand glows with their reflection. Minute sparks of quartz twinkle throughout
    the breadth of the stone, adding to the impression of frozen flames. A single
    gap between two boulders permits passage to a broad expanse of steaming water
    set within a basin of the same stone, large enough, and just deep enough, to
    allow several to rest within comfortably. The sides of the basin sport a single
    terraced step at about halfway down, allowing most bathers to submerge to their
    chins. The water is clean and clear, and glows with a gentle light all its own,
    the stone seeming to set it, too, ablaze. A path of rough, unfinished sandstone
    pavers leads away from the hot spring entrance to a small island of sandstone
    cobbles. A comfortable redwood stool is set upon the cobbles here. Placed at the
    ready beside the stool, a plain wooden bucket is here.

As a note, the last two lines are furniture. And yes, I keep the bucket filled.

Ended up just a tad more extravagent than I first envisioned. I regret nothing.

As a bonus, my Haven return messages:

You will see: Turning your focus inward, you call forth a gently illuminating
    orb of light between your hands. Allowing it to hang in midair, you expand it
    into a shining portal with a single thought and step through.
    Others will see: With an expression of inward focus, Melantha calls forth a
    gently illuminating orb of light between her hands. Releasing it outward, the
    orb hangs in midair before abruptly expanding into a shining portal. She steps
    through and is gone, leaving behind motes of soft golden light in her wake. They
    linger for a few moments, dancing upon the air before they too vanish.
    ~~

~~
    EmelleIsande