We're doing yet another forum game of Mafia. Here's the rules
. I'm gonna host the darn thing. This is the game thread. The roles for this game can be found below - lest you think it's the same as last time, there are
Personaggi del villaggio - The Town
I Buoni, The Townspeople
- unless they are also one of the special roles indicated below, the townspeople are confused, frightened civilians who possess only a daytime vote to lynch one of the players.Il Carceriere, The Warden
- able to jail another person for the night; this person is prevented from using their abilities that night, if they have them, but is also protected from any attempts to kill or investigate them - even sniper rifles
. The Warden may not jail themselves.Il Investigatore, The Detective
- able to investigate another person's factional affiliation.Il Poliziotto Corrotto, The Dirty Cop
- one revolver, three shots, one per night. Feeling lucky, punk? Investigates as guilty to the Detective.Il Vecchio Schermidore, The Old Fencer
- if targeted in the night, will be caught by surprise and killed, but not before destroying their assailant - this bypasses any immunities, as the Old Fencer, despite their philosophy of pacifism, is a ruthlessly effective combatant. If attacked by the mafia, they will destroy a random mafioso. Only lynches (or a snipe) ensure no reprisal whatsoever.L'Innocente, The Innocent
- an innocent townsperson who may ask the game host to confirm them as innocent to one - and only one - player during the course of the game. The object of the Lover's obsession.
All of the above roles win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Personaggi della mafia - The Mafia
I Cattivi, The Mafiosos
- the rank and file of the Mafia, who may or may not exist unaltered depending on the number of Mafiosos needed in the game. Mafiosos may vote collectively on a night kill, a power they possess in addition to any of the roles listed below.Il Don, The Godfather
- shows up as innocent under investigation; ironclad alibi despite being boss of the Mafia.Il Consigliere, The Consigliere
- the Godfather's right-hand man with access to numerous city records and resources. The Consigliere may research one person per night to learn what their role is.Il Associatio, The Associate
- an outside contractor, jack-of-all-trades and an influential operative within the Mafia, the Associate gains one (x1) use of each of the following abilities:
, whose target requires one less vote to lynch during the following day round..
, whose target goes to jail for the night.
A sniper rifle
, which allows their faction's night kill on that same round to bypass reprisal and bulletproof vests.
The Associate may only use one of these abilities per night.
All of the above roles win when the Lover is destroyed and the Mafia have an indisputable voting majority over the town.
Personaggio pazzesco - The Third Party
L'Amante, The Lover
- in their own mind only; a better name for them would be Il Brutto
. Set on ending the game with only themselves and L'Inocente still alive (they know the Innocent's identity), and everyone else dead, dead, dead. The Lover wears a bulletproof vest that absorbs any attempts to kill them during the night. The Detective investigates them as guilty. As roles die, the Lover becomes more powerful; they gain the following abilities if and when each of the following roles die:The Associate
- whatever abilities remained to the associate at the time of their death.The Consigliere
- x1 role investigation.The Detective
- x1 factional investigation.The Dirty Cop
- x1 night kill.Any Mafioso
- x1 night kill.The Warden
- x1 frameup.
The Lover may use only one of these abilities per night; exception being if they acquire a sniper rifle
, which they may combine with a night kill.
The Lover, however, begins the game with no special abilities of their own beyond their bulletproof vest. If a night kill is attempted on the Innocent, the Lover may elect to give the Innocent their bulletproof vest, thereby sparing them - if at any point the Innocent dies, so too do they.
The Lover wins when only they and the Innocent remain alive.
CASE FILE: The Incident in TrollvoltoDAY #1Summary of events: last night at approximately 6:13 A.M., Signore Schifoso was found dead alongside Signora Schifoso in their residence. It appears that the good Signore, to the community at large a good Catholic, in actuality had ties to the Mafia; as the town butcher, he appears to have been helping them dispose of their victims. The number of victims whom he has eliminated in this fashion is currently unknown, although it is believed Trollvolto has been the final destination of corpses within a fifty mile radius, cleverly disguised beneath the finest herbs and a darn good tomato sauce.
What is clear is that there is a Mafia presence in this town, and it is up to every good citizen of Trollvolto to help find the culprits and put an end to their wrongdoing. Therefore, we, the authorities of the region, empower the citizens to flush out the dishonest and conniving among their ranks and enact mob justice if they feel it is called for.
You have a maximum timespan of one (1) week to cast your votes for this first round.. I will require a minimum of nine (9) votes toward a name, or toward no lynch, to progress.
All players have been notified, both via tagging in this post or potentially through message, that the game has begun. If you have received no message, you are one of I Buoni.
You may proceed. It is Day One
. There are 17
surviving players, including:
- I Buoni, The Townspeople (quantity unknown)
- I Cattivi, The Mafiosos (quantity unknown)
- Il Carceriere, The Warden
- Il Investigatore, The Detective
- Il Poliziotto Corrotto, The Dirty Cop
- Il Vecchio Schermidore, The Old Fencer
- L'Innocente, The Innocent
- Il Don, The Godfather
- Il Consigliere, The Consigliere
- Il Associatio, The Associate
- L'Amante, The Lover