Short Questions

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    Sorry to be such a pain but when will the sect building in Delos be reachable. I need to learn my new skills, buy items from the shop and strut around. :)

PS even a portal for members to the building would rock right now, or some of the npcs from it setting up a canvas tent!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Riluo said:

Sorry to be such a pain but when will the sect building in Delos be reachable. I need to learn my new skills, buy items from the shop and strut around. :)

PS even a portal for members to the building would rock right now, or some of the npcs from it setting up a canvas tent!

We're all hurting from the loss of Delos. Shopkeepers, home owners and crafters alike. However, until it returns, we're just going to have to be patient. Which is extremely hard to do. I personally, can't wait to see the finished product and I'm eagerly counting the days.

Riluo
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    @Oleis Any
    Hadrak said:

Demarcus said:

Since I can't seem to find much of anything and would like verification, is interest for monies in banks now calculated each season due to the time slowdown, or is it still annually (so once every ~48 days versus ~12)? I think I know the answer but I'd rather be sure!

Seasonal!
    Nalor said:

Is Enorians academy being updated to the new people etc? It's still saying Trabarg :(

Yes, it is still being updated. Sorry for any problems with the Academy--it's kind of an unruly bear to deal with. :(
    Did the Royal Enorian Bank or whatever forget to pay interest this last end-of-season? Unless I'm out of whack with what day/month/whatever it should have been paid (approximately) it never happened. The other thought I have is that their ylem trees aren't established and therefore get no perks.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    More just a poll to see if anyone has ideas, but with some crafting for the new city style, I could use some help with wording!

How would you describe (concisely-ish) the patterns on Persian rugs, or the myriad of trellis motifs, since we do not have Aetolian equivalents of things (and even then, that can get confusing!).

Some Examples:

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    For the bottom ones, you could go with "tessellation" and describe the base shape that's getting repeated. For the ones above, maybe a mix of that where it applies, combined with some other mentions of the geometric shapes and how they overlap, form circles, or whatever else is happening in the pattern?
    ArekaEmelleTeaniIsandeErzsebetIshin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Yeah, definitely tessellation or tiling for the bottom ones. For the top right, I'd use something like "interlacing knotwork," as I think those curly knot patterns are pretty universally described as such. For the top left: a kaleidoscopic square with scalloped edges; or, a scalloped square with HIDDEN ANGRY FACES D:
    TragerTeaniIsandeArekaErzsebet
  • edited July 2015
    Areka said:

More just a poll to see if anyone has ideas, but with some crafting for the new city style, I could use some help with wording!

How would you describe (concisely-ish) the patterns on Persian rugs, or the myriad of trellis motifs, since we do not have Aetolian equivalents of things (and even then, that can get confusing!).

Some Examples:

Technically, the top ones contain interweaving arabesques. The lower ones are tessellating arabesques, both sets of images are following traditional Islamic patterns and motifs. It's partially the result of restrictions on what could be depicted in Islamic art from the Hadith (not the Koran). Trying to represent the beauty or reality of actual animals and people was seen as an attempt to arrogantly improve them, since such efforts could not capture the real perfection/craftsmanship of God/Allah*. This was especially true in the area of religious artwork, such as that that adorned/adorns Mosques. Think of it as something similar to the Eastern Church's Iconoclastic sect, which believed that the commonality of icons and other images depicting religious figures such as saints, Jesus, Moses, and the like, were a form of idolatry and thus blasphemous/heretical.

The more you know!

And even more that you know!

*(This comment may be a gross over-simplification of the actual theological concept/teachings involved.)
    IsandeTrigru
    I'm aware of the theology of the designs and their usage. I'm not certain if 'arabesque' would pass in game, so it is a matter of describing the patterns and feel of them without going on for an entire paragraph. Cannot use toranj, has no meaning here (and no meaning unless you look it up/are already exposed), nor mahi dar ham.
    Emelle
  • Well, you could call them Saebelesques? Durrhurr.
  • Did we lose Aerie during the night war? Summer and still it is not there. I liked that place, hope its not gone. :(
  • CITY RESEARCH SUMMARY is a tool that looks to be very useful. However, when I attempt to use it, it says its disabled for now. Is it enabled/disabled from a city standpoint or is it just not fully implemented yet?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Neoma said:

Did we lose Aerie during the night war? Summer and still it is not there. I liked that place, hope its not gone. :(

I was there just yesterday!

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    @oleis and Co.

I bought the Charisma artefact today and it does not work :'( . I tested it several times and there was no delay at all.

What is the standard delay time on it when it does function?

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015

Your shielded defence has been stripped.
    You use Acidbreath on you.
    You exale forth an acidic cloud towards yourself, scouring your features beyond recognition as the toxic gas eats away at your skin.
    Balance Used: 4.00 seconds
    H:7484 M:5376 E:32400 W:23400 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb e-]
    You stand in such dishonour that your wisp will not help you.
    H:7484 M:5376 E:32385 W:23385 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb e-]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You rub some monkshood on an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow in your hands.
    H:7692 M:5376 E:32385 W:23385 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb -b]
    Spinning an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow around you, you gash open yourself.
    Health Lost: 1108, cutting, brute
    Health Gain: 93
    You discern that a layer of venom has rubbed off your weapon.
    You are afflicted with disfigurement.
    You feel ugliness radiating from you.
    Balance Used: 3.33 seconds
    H:6811 M:5376 E:32345 W:23385 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb e-]
    You bleed 82 health.
    Health Lost: 82
    H:7120 M:5376 E:32345 W:23385 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb e-]
    You stand in such dishonour that your wisp will not help you.
    H:7276 M:5376 E:32345 W:23385 B:62% Mad:0% XP:27% [csdb e-]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    As you can see no delay at all.

Charisma arti doesn't delay the entirety of the disfigurement effect. It delays how long it takes before your ent starts attacking you. This is only relevant really for Necromancers and Sentinels.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Serrice said:

Charisma arti doesn't delay the entirety of the disfigurement effect. It delays how long it takes before your ent starts attacking you. This is only relevant really for Necromancers and Sentinels.

Will confirm.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    I hope not as that is very misleading if it is the case given it said originally that it was to delay the affects. :(

Artifact #47
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Power: charisma

This artifact power can be added to other items.

Description:
    When disfigured this power will give you great charisma, delaying the attacks of your
    loyal minions upon yourself. The item must be in your inventory to have effect.
    That's not really misleading at all... it does exactly what it says it does.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    Just frustrating.

(edited)

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Riluo said:

Just frustrating.

(edited)

Disagree. It says it delays the effects, not the affliction itself. That means it delays the minions actually attacking you, not your acquisition of the aff itself.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    If I could get a refund I would as it is useless to me :(

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So....the artifact scepter is a pretty amazing gift especially as a Cabalist due to the fact I can use it to bash better than I can with my actual class skills.

Normal Decay at 3.57 seconds with EQ enhancement and 18 INT is 1170 Damage
    Scepter of Duality is 2.5 seconds with 1260 Damage

I suppose I got a new bashing ability. Though I am not sure if this is intended.
    DidiArekaTeaniRiluoIshinRivas
    edited July 2015
    With the addition of seasons, will it be possible to have multiple descriptions for rooms? So that way they change as the seasons do?

I'd love to be able to have the option to describe how outdoor rooms change based on what season it is. Because realistically, while I may describe the flowers blooming in the desc, they wouldn't be blooming in winter.

Would be pretty fun to be able to do:

Building describe room season desc

Please, oh please can we have this? Would be a great gold sink! *winkwinknudgenudge*

Or as an artifact upgrade like environments or atmos. I had that in a prior bundle or ideas and it was up for discussion.
    Kerryn
    Areka said:

Or as an artifact upgrade like environments or atmos. I had that in a prior bundle or ideas and it was up for discussion.

I'd buy the crap out of that. >.>

• Aarbrok said:
    So....the artifact scepter is a pretty amazing gift especially as a Cabalist due to the fact I can use it to bash better than I can with my actual class skills. Normal Decay at 3.57 seconds with EQ enhancement and 18 INT is 1170 Damage Scepter of Duality is 2.5 seconds with 1260 Damage I suppose I got a new bashing ability. Though I am not sure if this is intended.
    made a report this liaison round so decay (and others) gets looked at. hopefully we'll see it pushed up. 
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2015

Thankies @Lim - I did make a suggestion is Report 2007 for an idea on that myself.

I appreciate you and other liaison folks listening to me when I have stupid questions, combat/mechanics make me super frustrated sometimes as @Serrice can attest to when I am on a rant, but overall you guys have been super helpful in helping me figure everything out.

I appreciate it.
    RiluoVeovis
    So I haven't needed to know this personally yet, but does the time shift also affect pregnancy/gestation lengths biologically, and by extension, the coded requirement that parents be at least 13 years older than the child?
    I would imagine so.

Though that does have me asking, is time REALLY longer for our characters in themselves, or just for us? Is a year still a year to them and we just have a slower fast forward speed (ala The Sims, we're now in speed 2 instead of speed 3? To them it's the same but to us it is different?)
    I'm pretty sure it's supposed to feel longer to them too in the sense that each day/season/year does last a lot longer than it did before the war. The stuff that happened during the war somehow triggered the change. I'd be interested in knowing if it only affects Sapience though, or if it spread to Albedos and outlying islands or whatever else exists too.
    Ishin