MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Not a maddening, but more of a saddening... my cat's liver is shutting down and unless I can get him to eat again, vet says he wont make it past Monday. :(
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    :(

IraeEmelleAryanneTeani
  • Many many hugs @Zsadist
    ZsadistErzsebet
  • Dragonball Xenoverse servers STILL don't work. All I want is to fight in the world tournament, is that so much to ask?!
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Azzello said:

Dragonball Xenoverse servers STILL don't work. All I want is to fight in the world tournament, is that so much to ask?!

In the meantime, enjoy some Kirin beverages.

Azzello
  • Being sicker than a dog. At least my kitty decided she wants to spend time with me. Hasn't left my side except to sit outside my bathroom when I grab a shower
  • I hate having to work 9 hours tonight and I only just slept 4 hours and can't seem to go back to sleep...stupid addicting computer game, its all your fault. -_-
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Man, I've been going hard until 2:00am two nights in a row and STILL had to tear myself away from new code. I can totally get that.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MalokAzzello
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Ashmer said:

Man, I've been going hard until 2:00am two nights in a row and STILL had to tear myself away from new code. I can totally get that.

I noticed you started on a new class, as did I, and now I'm having the same problem of getting up and walking away from my PC.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Terry Pratchett has passed away.

ArekaTeaniKonnornIshinAsaraii
  • Hadrak said:
    Terry Pratchett has passed away.
    :(
    KendriKonnornSerriceIshin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2015
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

First Leonard Nimoy and now this!?

KendriIshinTeani
  • It is so annoying and maddening that in the year 2015 the franchisee who owns my store cannot "afford" to do direct deposit. Instead, I don't get to buy a silver crown today, I have to wait until tomorrow. They take all the paper paychecks(do not offer direct deposit at all) and UPS mail them to one store in the area, making every other store have to have someone go there in their free time and get them. Today, UPS did not even get there until 3 hours later than usual.

But yet, this same franchisee can afford to fly all his store managers out to las vegas, or other random places to play golf, or do meetings every year.

RAAAAARGH!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • edited March 2015
    Funny thing is, it is cheaper to do direct deposit than it is to mail paper checks, at least around here. I hire people in the summer and I try my hardest to get them to do direct deposit because it saves me the cost on paper, ink, and postage. Direct deposit is click a button and watch it go, I end up paying a lot less for that service.

Edit: I only hire three people though, maybe it costs more if you have more employees. I dunno.
    Ishin
  • edited March 2015
    Azzello said:

Funny thing is, it is cheaper to do direct deposit than it is to mail paper checks, at least around here. I hire people in the summer and I try my hardest to get them to do direct deposit because it saves me the cost on paper, ink, and postage. Direct deposit is click a button and watch it go, I end up paying a lot less for that service.

Edit: I only hire three people though, maybe it costs more if you have more employees. I dunno.

Agreed!

In my experience - direct deposit is cheaper, there is also the manpower to mail everything, getting the checks physically signed, and a few other loss of productivity things the larger you get.

However it's a lot of work to get it setup initially, as if you have 50,000 employees, you have their information on file on store and such to send to, to setup direct deposit you'd have to get 50,000 bank accounts, and I assume there is other record keeping and verification concerns with a large company as well.
  • For the record, its one of the big 3 pizza chains, and this particular franchisee owns 96 stores across multiple states.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    IS IT PAPA JOHNS
    JensenValenae
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    IS IT PIZZA HUT

• IS IT DOMINOS?

Also that's totally weird. My current, and last 2 jobs have all required direct deposit, paper paychecks weren't even an option.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    IshinMalok
  • IS IT YOUR FACE

and yep. it makes no sense to me. the only thing I can think is they don't want to take away a job from someone in their home office from payroll.

MADDENING!#@%#!#%135
  • No freakin' snow, owning a business in a seasonal area and the season just didn't come...fml.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    NOW MICHAEL GRAVES. 2015 sucks.
    Teani
  • Aryanne said:

"You're a sweet girl"

Thank god I accidentally handed him my coworker's card.

heebie jeebies. Blah!

That dude sounds like a 5 pound bag full of nope. Your poor co-worker.

"You're a sweet girl"? Wtf are you, a little girl selling thin mints? That's NOT a pick up line.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Aryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @valenae how long ago are you quoting from? I'm trying to figure out he context and I feel like I'm not seeing something
  • @Jensen March 3rd, Page 146.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Jensen
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited March 2015
    Oops. 
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    This month has been turning out to be horribly stressful. My boyfriend's grandmother died this past Sunday, and I wasn't able to attend the funeral with him today because we both work at the same place, and there's no one else to cover. My boyfriend's 13 year old dog also looks like he's about to kick the bucket soon too, which is piling on further stress.

I'm also planning on moving in with my boyfriend very soon, but I've been running into objections from my mother, which is another major point of stress for me and my boyfriend. There's no real good way to bring up the fact that I'm moving out whether my parents like it or not.

Coughing fits also came back, and my inhaler isn't helping as much; not fun feeling like you're going to cough up a lung or suffocate. I'm also not looking forward to the six-day work week I'll be having for the next two weeks. All because the regional manager decided to not hire a prospective employee that we had already interviewed because she didn't have a car. Just...bleh. Fml.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think my cat is dying. You know, the one that can sit and shake on command. He's lost a LOT of weight, he's just bones now. They diagnosed him with pancreatitis and he's going on a second round of antibiotics Monday - this one by IV. They wanna do exploratory surgery on him, but we don't think he'll survive it - not to mention we simply can't afford it.
  • Nooooo Frodo :(
    AryanneMariena