Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Possible to give the refugee camp a DIRECTORY, and make its shops accessable to the DIRECTORY artifact?

I'd also love if open/dropped market stalls were given a unified DIRECTORY say, and NoT, and added, but meh.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Infin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm counting the minutes until the camp burns down
    ArbreErzsebetIshinRiluoLuna
  • Can we have globes not get dispersed on death/disconnect? Considering how valuable/expensive they are, being randomly disconnected or killed when you have 3+ hours on it is absolutely, hair-pullingly irritating.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MoireanIshinInfin
  • I have a pair of questions for @Oleis‌ concerning the custom wings rooms.

One of my exits was to Ciem. Since Ciem went bye-bye, my exit now drops me outside the cave. Absolutely useless to me. Any chance of getting the exit changed?

Second question: Can a Housemob be designed for my custom wings room? It isn't a house, or a haven, but it IS where I call home.

If begging will help on either of these... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASEx1000
  • Amberlea said:

Can ylem amulets be given their very own wear location? Amberlea has an amulet that she wears all the time and I've been totally fine just having two ylem amulets while others wear three because I do have a few artifacts so I made it work. Now someone has given her a necklace, and absolutely she is going to wear it because yay arpeez. BUT I don't want to lose out on the benefits of another ylem amulet! I don't like the idea of constantly taking one thing off and putting another on every time I decide to go off and do another thing :( and then that means she's not actually wearing the thing all the time, which is what she would be doing.

This, please! Also for the goggles though. I can either wear the glasses that @Nola thoughtfully made to help my poor-visioned character see, or the ylem goggles.

Nola
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited December 2014
    Yarel said:
    I have a pair of questions for @Oleis‌ concerning the custom wings rooms. One of my exits was to Ciem. Since Ciem went bye-bye, my exit now drops me outside the cave. Absolutely useless to me. Any chance of getting the exit changed? Second question: Can a Housemob be designed for my custom wings room? It isn't a house, or a haven, but it IS where I call home. If begging will help on either of these... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASEx1000
    Message razmael. He has a history of helping people make what they want happen. He's nicely changed my wings exits for me before and done cool npc stuff. Just be patient after messaging as he is super busy.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yarel said:

One of my exits was to Ciem. Since Ciem went bye-bye, my exit now drops me outside the cave. Absolutely useless to me. Any chance of getting the exit changed?

Of course! Shoot me a message in-game.
    Yarel said:

Second question: Can a Housemob be designed for my custom wings room? It isn't a house, or a haven, but it IS where I call home.

Codewise, that's not currently possible. I can check with Razmael about expanding it.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Riluo
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited December 2014
    WHO -area- would show everyone who is visible in that area if you have the thirdeye defense active. Same restrictions as to just using WHO and WHO -person-.

Edit: How do I make the greater than less than sign things work on the forums? -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Draiman said:

WHO -area- would show everyone who is visible in that area if you have the thirdeye defense active. Same restrictions as to just using WHO and WHO -person-.

Edit: How do I make the greater than less than sign things work on the forums? -_-

If you on mudlet, why not just code it? its pretty easy...

Also, Is tradeing in Chalices bugged as two chalices now I've not been able to tradein or am I doing something wrong?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Nalor said:

Draiman said:

Also, Is tradeing in Chalices bugged as two chalices now I've not been able to tradein or am I doing something wrong?
    Depending on when you got them, might be. Just send me their item numbers in-game.
    [---]
  • If I haven't deduced it wrongly, the ones from the giftbags can be traded in as of the last promotion. The ones from cryptic chests (from before the last giftbag promotion, as well as now) can't.
    Lim said:

If I haven't deduced it wrongly, the ones from the giftbags can be traded in as of the last promotion. The ones from cryptic chests (from before the last giftbag promotion, as well as now) can't.

I fixed the cryptic chest bug a couple days into this month's promo. (As far as I know).
    [---]
  • @Oleis‌ will do, and its from todays in game gold chests
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Nalor said:

Draiman said:

There's like a million ideas in this thread that can be coded easily.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ErzsebetInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oleis said:

Lim said:

If I haven't deduced it wrongly, the ones from the giftbags can be traded in as of the last promotion. The ones from cryptic chests (from before the last giftbag promotion, as well as now) can't.

I fixed the cryptic chest bug a couple days into this month's promo. (As far as I know).
    I got chalices from chests yesterday and they can't be traded in.
  • A search feature for ideas, to make it easier to tell if you're repeating an idea that's already been placed and commented and supported and junk?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

DraimanErzsebetFaerah
  • I would still really like it to tell you what idea an idea was merged with when it auto-messages that something was merged with something else.

If Reux and I both have the same idea, and you merge mine into his, I want to be able to go support the one you actually kept without hunting through all of the ideas to find wherever it is.
    imageimage
    ZsadistArekaDraimanTeaniFaerahPeriluna
  • In regards to crafting!

Your sketch's dropped appearance must be 80 characters or less, unless it containes '$(furniture)' in which case it may have up to 85 characters.

These types of messages are really nice and all (except for the fact that I'm not aware if contain(e)s is a different method of spelling or a typo), but they'd be even better if there was a line after that said something along the lines of:

Your current character count: 84

I don't know if other crafters encounter this and end up going back and deleting unnecessary words and whatnot while eyeballing the character count, but I do. If I get really stumped I stop and count them out, but saying your current character count would be super.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanErzsebetKonnorn
  • When I was crafting a lot in Imperian, I actually had a notepad set up with the characters counted out so I could just paste things into it. Though the dropped message for items is 100 characters there.

1---5---10---15 etc.
  • Wish they'd update artifacts to be 50 characters for the sdesc instead of a hard limit of 40--not even 40/7 words, but -just- 40. :/
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • Not to be a douche, but my small idea for the moment is to put an incentive in the game to not be AFK the entire time you're connected. 90% of the game is AFK and unresponsive every time I play, no matter what time of the day or night. Looks good for the numbers, but for gameplay, it's really terrible.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    IshinKonnornSaervok
  • Proud to be a 1 10 percenter.

Politics
    MalokIshin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited December 2014
    I know shop code's horrendous, but would it be possible to update how purchases are logged? It would be really helpful if it listed what shelf something was bought from.

2014/12/29 11:14:45 - [3] Blarghblargh purchased a heavily engraved warhammer for 6000
    2014/12/29 08:00:55 - [7] Doodlewoodle purchased a flame-touched penannular brooch for 195 gold sovereign.

or something.
    Moirean
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Aaand could the Do-it-Yourself carpentry kits be moved to the crafting wares area alongside the extendo-shelves and stuff?
  • Possible to make non-novices nightstalkers? I don't have time to RP with this guy right now to do the full embrace thing, but I don't want to leave him classless for a week either. >.>
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:

Possible to make non-novices nightstalkers? I don't have time to RP with this guy right now to do the full embrace thing, but I don't want to leave him classless for a week either. >.>

Kelende and Vinessa are capable.
    [---]
  • So, about a week ago I managed to finish off a shadowshroud. I also like to use all my defenses, including being hidden. These two don't seem to mesh well together. It would be nice if your shroud description worked while hidden instead of just being 'Malok is hidden'.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    IshinLim
  • Would it be viable to change the output of HELP GUILDRANKS to better mirror HELP HOUSE RANKS? It's one of the rare cases where houses have a much more awesome output, in that it shows us all of the ranks, (and thus what we're working towards/what rank our peers are at) instead of only the ranks up til what we have personally.
    imageimage
    Kendri
  • It'd be really neat if audit got a line to it that was something along the lines of:

Your strength stat is being increased by a blessing from Maghak.

or something like that to explain all the current things affecting your stats. If that'd be too spammy, maybe like AUDIT STATS would reveal this. Sometimes newbs like me have no idea how they're currently having +5 con for example, and knowing would be neat!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AlissandraIshinMaelMoireanRasharXenia