Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This is really a huge quality of life thing -

As a living person, you can do ELIXLIST FULL and ELIXLIST MISSING and see all of your curatives and their status. As undead, however, you need to use bandagelist which does not have the nifty sorting options like elixlist does.

Pleeeeaaaase fold bandagelist into elixlist OR give bandagelist the sorting options like FULL and MISSING. As a newb undead, it's hard as heck to remember what poultices I need, whereas I can use elixlist to help me with other stuff.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'd be happy with undeadlist summary/full/missing to cover bandages, tinctures, and serums only
    edited November 2014
    AUCTION INFO on compendium pages doesn't show where they are for, which makes them not very attractive to purchase. Could the region they are for be shown?

Edit: Oh! You can AUCTION PROBE stuff to see what they are for. Yay!
  • Going to post this here for now, in the event a Celani sees it (yay volunteers!)

Is it possible to make the ylem orbs work like the book tattoo? You don't lose the buff on death and it has a timer...
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Since it's not super CombattyTM

Would it be considered for Templar to have a syntax/syntax addition to clear auras/blessings in one go? Right now we can clean both off individually, but it's two syntaxes. Maybe just AURA OFF ALL to give them all the boot.

I know. Two syntaxes, I mean gosh. GOSH.

IknowI'mneedy.
    Neithan
  • Ok this is a semi weird request but. Hopefully make it'll make sense..

At present ' gmcp.Char.Vitals.soul ' is related to the SOUL which people drain out of you to make the attacks.

Can we get a gmcp.Char.Vitals.YOURsoul which SOUL GAZE gives to be able to upkeep certain skills in deathlore which require soul to keep it up similar to essence is used for necromancy.

Granted we can use soul gaze but that has like a second balance time.. Where skills like Necromancy, spark, devotion etc don't need a balance to be able to see if you have it or not..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Moirean
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    How do you differentiate such a thing when you're switching targets every x seconds?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• unsure if thats aimed to what I was asking @Trager but 'soul gaze' is the 'soul' (essence like you get in necromancy) which you need for certain deathlore skills..

The soul your talking about is soul discern so technically theys 3 types of soul.. YOUR soul (the gmcp, which determines what skills people can use on you) the deathlore soul (similar to necromancy essence) and enemy soul (Soul discern, which say your my enemy is your gmcp soul) .. I was asking for the necromancy essence soul to be track via GMCP so using skills which require it is much easier to track considering soul shield requires that soul and if your out, your out of shields

rereading that I just realised how confusing soul really is :(
    Moirean
  • Hey Nalor,

GMCP may be nice to have, but should it never be implemented, the amount of souls drained from the soulstone is static, I -think-, for all of the deathlore skills. I haven't looked into this since the remake, definitely something I should do!

For example though, soul shield will always drain 100 soul. It may be more complicated, but I figure you could just make a system that had tables of each deathlore soul cost, which would deduct from your total soul count when the skill is used. The soulstone's total would be set each time you used soul gaze. This would eliminate having to rely on soul gazing constantly to know how much you have.

Trager
  • Xenia said:

Hey Nalor,

GMCP may be nice to have, but should it never be implemented, the amount of souls drained from the soulstone is static, I -think-, for all of the deathlore skills. I haven't looked into this since the remake, definitely something I should do!

For example though, soul shield will always drain 100 soul. It may be more complicated, but I figure you could just make a system that had tables of each deathlore soul cost, which would deduct from your total soul count when the skill is used. The soulstone's total would be set each time you used soul gaze. This would eliminate having to rely on soul gazing constantly to know how much you have.

@Xenia not trying to be an ass but in that case so would essence/devotion/spark but yet we have gmcp for them :P

I dont fancy coding all that for in a month or two lines may change and I have to redo it all.. im lazy
    Moirean
  • It's cool Nalor -- I'm not arguing against getting it added to GMCP, I am 100% in support of the idea. I'm just saying in the event that they don't add it, that would be a workable solution.

Idea #4146 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/22 20:54:25: It would be cool if we could deposit gold to other people's accounts, which would send them a message. Way easier than mailing money, especially as an org leader handling payouts, and the syntax KINDA seems to suggest that it's possible: Syntax: DEPOSIT GOLD/CREDITS .

Idea #4147 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/22 21:06:48: forging: Since most forges are done with common tempers (3x speed/damage or 6x speed or 6x damage) it'd be cool if there were some more simplistic forging commands to go alongside the full forging route. FORGEFULL would forge an item off a template and then temper it 6x (eg FORGEFULL HONED DIRK SPEED) and FORGESPLIT would split it between speed/dam or cutting/blunt (eg FORGESPLIT FLEXIBLE BUCKLER). This would make it easier to quickly make basic forges and make forging a bit nicer to produce a lot of.

Idea #4148 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/22 21:07:31: Crafting: Let the hammer of forging, carving knife, etc work if it's in inventory, instead of being wielded. It's annoying to have to wield them, and an expensive mistake if you forget.

Idea #4149 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/22 21:08:32: Ideas: Show us what our idea number is after we submit them, to better facilitate the ideasupport system. Right now, you have to troll through your own ideas to find out what the number of a new idea you made was. Suggested output: Thank you, your idea has been recorded as idea #123.
    Ishin
  • Do Ideas even get looked at?? I mean, last time I checked, there were a couple thousand unassigned to any section.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Every day.
    MoireanIshinAngwe
    I think letting us see the idea number would make the system a bit better. Other things that would help:

- IDEAS defaults to a central idea menu showing various categories. LISTIDEAS is not nearly as intuitive as IDEAS, and it's much less likely we're going to be checking our own versus others to support.
    - Include a section in the main idea index for "trending/popular/hot" ideas based on ones that have high upvotes
    - MYIDEAS shows your own idea index. Sort it by popularity and category instead of number.
    - HELP IDEAS gets its own helpfile, instead of a tag on to bugs
    - Ideas were auto-deleted when implemented, akin to bugs. I've gone through and deleted a few, but I suspect there are a lot of old things clogging stuff up.
    - Regular pruning to delete ideas that just aren't gonna happen.
    - Maybe consider an idea architect system: ideas you suggest that get implemented earn you points, supports earn you points (obviously less), your supports are worth more points, etc - basically bump up the visibility of ideas based on who submits. Someone who consistently submits solid and implemented ideas has their ideas tossed up high for admin and public visibility.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

Do Ideas even get looked at?? I mean, last time I checked, there were a couple thousand unassigned to any section.

One of our new Celani has been sorting through them and pushing the better ones to somewhere more easily viewable for the rest of us!
    ZsadistIshinMoireanErzsebet
  • Personally, I like that I have to wield the craft boon whatsits--if only because I don't -always- want it to make double. Forgetting to wield it is a pain though. >.>

If we're showing off ideas for more support, though:

Idea #3205 Section: Tradeskill Support: 3
    2012/05/14 19:09:10: Change crafting designs to not force the person owning the design to be a
    crafter? It would be SO much easier if, for instance, any given non-crafting character could
    commission an outfit once, be transferred the outfit, and then be able to allow it to a crafter as
    needed than having to remake the same outfit twelve times across different crafters because they all
    keep quitting aet for extensive time periods. Old paper crafting was awesome in this way. Doing so
    would also help as far as running organizations on non-crafters goes, because otherwise they can't
    upkeep them or see them at all.

Idea #2241 Section: Clan Support: 1
    2011/02/24 22:22:03: Being able to set dues based on ones appointed position in the clan would be
    absolutely wonderful and extremely useful.

Idea #1385 Section: Tradeskill Support: 4
    2010/05/03 00:32:54: I want a NEWD ALLOW ALL PERSON/ORG equivlant. So if I do, say, NEWD ALLOW ALL
    VE'KAHI or NEWD ALLOW ALL DARLIEA to allow all of my designs to Ve'kahi or Darliea. It's tediously
    repetitious as it is. Especially for shop stuff.

Idea #1975 Section: Misc Support: 0
    2011/07/26 20:27:34: When you merge ideas, tell us which idea it is merged with, so we can express
    our support of said idea properly

Idea #4154 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/25 20:13:50: Would it be possible to have basic cachable things--such as glass, marble,
    ivory, gold bars and so on, 1) not require pulling them out of your cache to add them and 2) default
    to those when added to a design? As it is, glass especially is a pain to craft with, because it
    defaults to the glass in your inventory, so you have to do II GLASS after outcaching it and then you
    have to add whatever number it is specifically.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Idea #2465 Section: Artifact Support: 21
    2011/06/24 16:19:57: An artifact that can be used like a keyring, to put all your curatives inside,
    where they could still be used from inside, to cut down on inventory spam.

MORE SUPPORT PLOX
    Erzsebet
  • Man. I was like. YES. And went to go support it. And then:

Ideasupport 2465
    You have already expressed your support for this idea.
    imageimage
  • Not my suggestions...but I went pawing through the ideas, and these are awesome:

Idea #4153 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/11/25 17:47:49: in STAT, rather than showing under Marriage: "You are bound in blood to XXXXX"
    perhaps change it to "You were bound in blood to XXXXX on 12th of variach, year 123" instead. TO
    capture the date of a bound in blood/unity marriage and add it to the Stat. (Not Honors line)

Idea #882 Section: Emote Support: 1
    2009/12/27 09:05:50: allow targetted emotes without declaring a name first. E.g, "So and so smiles
    at $name_him." That would currently not be allowed because $name had not been used earlier. While
    rare, sometimes it's useful (and nice not to have a big, massive proper noun in the middle of a
    sentence that doesn't need it!)

Idea #430 Section: Tradeskill Support: 5
    2010/01/23 16:54:16: Make a function that allows you to search newd list by type or colour like you
    can with wares, 'brown' pulling up a brown shirt, brown pants and brown shoes, and dress pulling up
    all dresses. Also, a command that lets us show all of a specific item type to someone would be nice.
    That way, if someone asks me for a gown I can just NEWD LIST GOWN SHOW TO NIURI or something
    similar? That way I don't have to spend thirty minutes copy pasting each design number to show them
    individually when I've got thirty gowns.

Idea #2529 Section: Tradeskill Support: 4
    2011/07/07 04:09:55: Would be lovely if there was a way to set autopay on or off for all of the
    designs from a given organization, and also to renew all designs from a given organization at once,
    rather than having to go through number by number in an organization that may well have 50+ designs.

Idea #1101 Section: Tradeskill Support: 3
    2010/02/22 01:11:58: for DESIGN LIST ACCESS, it could be useful to see designs that certain other
    players have allowed us access to with DESIGN LIST .

Tangentially related idea: Maybe a command that lets us flag ideas? In the sense of 'Hey, they've implemented this already!' not in the moderation sense of the word. Or that lets us suggest that X, Y, and Z idea need to be tied together?
    imageimage
    Idea, feel free to toss in your opinion.

New skill in Woodlore similar to AB WARHOUNDS SNIFF. Lore-wise, logic-wise, etc, it seems a reasonable request that Woodlore ents, perhaps just narrowed down to the bear, or the raloth, be able to discern mobs/animals/etc a respectable distance around their current location. Carnifex have long had this ability, while Sentinels are more or less stuck with one that is only useable whilst in a campsight (That means in a place you can set up a tent, most major bashing areas are out), which only lasts an Aetolian day.

W

My campsite has been there for RL months.
    Might look into bugging that.

Woodlore - Campsite

Usage: CAMPSITE CONSTRUCT
    CAMPSITE REMOVE
    SCOUT

You may convert your tent and campfire into a full campsite, granting you several bonuses exclusive
    to its presence. This process takes a bit of endurance and concentration as you set up the
    surrounding area, and may only be done in a forest environment.

You will receive the following effects while remaining at your campsite:
    - Your campfire will no longer require stoking.
    - The title of your location will be temporarily changed to match your site.
    - Remaining in the treetops of your location will mask the presence of any allies, hiding them from
    sensing.
    - You may SCOUT while in the treetops, discerning the presence of any denizen or animal in the area.

A campsite will last for one Aetolian day.

I bugged it back during beta testing.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Shit, I think most of us bugged that, along with Wildmark not fading. Good looking out, @Moirean, @Trager.
    ? Beta happens before release, @Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Have bugged that, rather, since beta. Excuse the shoddy wording, @Moirean.
    You weren't in the beta. I don't get what you're trying to call me out for. I'm saying that I bugged it back when it was just liaisons testing it, before Sentinels got the new skills.
  • @moirean: She/he/it isn't calling you out... Just fixing grammar. Why is this a competition on who bugged it first?

Politics
    ArekaHavenTrigru
  • I'd like to be able to purchase the lesson packages for a guild, and have them stored for newbs. It's always frustrating when you see a guy who is literally debating over whether to put his 45 lessons into this skill or that, when he should be out and about learning and enjoying the game.

This would count as -their- lesson package, so the company would not lose money. If anything, newbs that wouldn't even buy their own would get them, and so make the game more money. Is there any way that could be a thing, @oleis, @razmael?