Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    damage wise it seems to be the difference of a lvl 1-2 rune. Speed-wise is negligible, might be different for dstab but it's been so long since I've messed with that.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    ARTIFACT CHALICE### TRANSFER TO [name] would be a super useful command. Half the chalices floating around reset back to whoever bought them, and there's no way to figure out which ones those are, so it's easy to be swindled (even if unintentionally). Same with chest pieces.
    Xenia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Jensen - Dstab suffers pretty heavily from DR. At 180 speed I have like a 2.46s stab speed. If I use my rune, it drops to like, 2.43. Tbh, .03s just isn't worth the money people want me to pay out for a rune, so I usually end up putting my rune on something else.

Sometimes I kinda just wanna freaking trade it in because it's so useless for the class I originally bought it for (Syssin).
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I use the rune for bashing on the whip. It gives quite a noticeable boost to dps. I actually think it's a good thing that the arti doesn't affect syssin pvp since not everyone can afford a rune, and the combat is balanced around non-artified dirks.
  • Ishin said:

@Jensen - Dstab suffers pretty heavily from DR. At 180 speed I have like a 2.46s stab speed. If I use my rune, it drops to like, 2.43. Tbh, .03s just isn't worth the money people want me to pay out for a rune, so I usually end up putting my rune on something else.

Sometimes I kinda just wanna freaking trade it in because it's so useless for the class I originally bought it for (Syssin).

its meant to do that tho, does it with ALL weapons, try getting a 150 speed dirk and it'll work out fine but since dirks work on speed only.. its pointless putting a rune on it just put it on ya whip <
  • Could we be able to transfer designs to people who do not have the skills to use them? I get custom orders now and again... Most often for wedding bands. I would like to be able to give the designs to whomever placed the order, so that they can maintain it if they'd like and get another jeweler down the line to re-make the bands when they decay.
    TeaniArekaMoireanTragerXeniaAngweErzsebet
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited October 2014
    Can Xaanhal instance stop being a separate plane please? It's finicky to coordinate synchronising with a group when going down, and if someone messes it up and typos it you're all SOL of bashing together until 2 hours later, which is really lame (since I now can't just deliver them into my instance). Or could we get a way to transfer instances if no mobs have been killed in either?

EDIT: Can SYNCH also be made to work as an alternative to full SYNCHRONISE?

And a HELP made for instances? (HELP INSTANCES/INSTANCE)?
    Moirean
  • @Areka‌ I think SYNC works for doing the wavelength thing. I never go to Xaanhal though. 

Note: phone wants to auto correct Xaanhal to Canada. 
    MoireanArekaAarbrok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There's a CLHELP about instances I made in the Enorian hunting clan.
  • It would seem reasonable for an instance only to be set in stone if someone kills a mob in it, since that's their only purpose. Why should they be fixed the second you enter?

KerrynArekaIshinErzsebet
  • edited November 2014
    I've noticed, for a few that are not a citizen to any cities, essentially operating RPl-wise without ties to any specific organization, that they are still tethered to their last organization. I understand why the tether system is in place, however, there are a few minor things that can cause this way of existing to be annoying-- those primarily being one can not haven within certain cities and some shops seem to not sell to those of opposite tethers.

Would it be possible to have some sort of conditional added to the tether features that was something like: If citizen to nowhere and unenemied to Spinesreach, Spinesreach environment is not hostile to you?

EmelleAlissandraElieErzsebet
  • edited November 2014
    Can the current IG promotion for November take into account the credit bonus from Iron memberships when totaling credits? This might sound a little greedy but every other promotion has!

Politics
    Moirean
  • Hmm .. Not really a idea of sorts more common sense..

-
    Kaido - Kaiheal

Usage: KAI HEAL [SELF|ALL]
    Cost: 21 Kai energy
    This a very powerful healing ability, that can be used to heal either yourself or allies.
    -

Kaido - Kaistrike
    Usage: KAI STRIKE [LEFT|RIGHT] [ARM|LEG]
    Strike at a limb of your target with your Kai energy, causing any damage
    on that particular limb to be applied after the kaistrike fades.

Can we have a 'cost of kai' for kai strike in the AB? pwetty pwease
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Sure!
    Elie
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited November 2014
    Thanks! Also I noticed something else but, forgotten it now lol.. <

Oh yeah with ARENA WATCH . We have to be at the 'spectators' room to ARENAWATCH NALOR.. but while in the arena watching you have to 'leave arena' to rewatch someone else..

Would it be possible to be able to do arenawatch @trigu while IN the arena watching someone else? Save us leaving the arena always to rewatch someone as for FFAs people die and get kicked out etc.

With that. is it possible to make it so IF your arena watching someone while phased that someone cant eye you out (This is possible at moment I get it done all the time)? As say I sneak into Spinesreach while enemied to watch a FFA.. and I get eyed out while watching someone when I leave arena.. the guards will have a field day..
    I like your idea @Nalor except for the eye part. My Inquisitors need to earn their paychecks, bro.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • well its more of an example @Ishin‌ as I was standing in spines.. Being eyed out while watching an event seems stupid.. Its not like if your not phased and someone eyes nothing happens.. :/

Basically people in arena shouldn't really have any control of people watching them.. I like to perv :D
    Nalor said:

well its more of an example @Ishin‌ as I was standing in spines.. Being eyed out while watching an event seems stupid.. Its not like if your not phased and someone eyes nothing happens.. :/

Basically people in arena shouldn't really have any control of people watching them.. I like to perv :D

Stop trying to catch me mudsexing in arena, bro. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Trager
  • Catching him, that is. The sex is going down, believe that.
    SetneIshinMoireanErzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Oh hey I thought I was the only one.
  • You lying bastard.

Politics
  • Is there any way we could get the ability to packsense when not shifted? Seems like that sort of telepathic bond or whatever you want to call it would persevere through whatever form.

Also, I always thought it'd be cool to have the ability to project a line / illusion / whatever you want to call it, sort of like vampires can do to their mini vampires. Maybe put a restriction on length of some such, but it'd be cool to be able to basically portray thoughts/feelings/sensations across the mud and deepen that IC pack-bond feeling.

I guess there might be some combat applications that I'm overlooking that this would affect, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there. Obviously, you could just choose not to be in a pack with someone if they abused it!

MoireanArbreIshinLimTeaniAngweXeniaErzsebet
  • Or were you looking for...
    - AB BLASPHEMY PRESENCES

With this April Fools day prank long past gone, it might be a good idea to remove these abilities from whatever registry is causing them to appear when you're looking for AB files. As awesome as some of the skillsets sounded, I imagine it could be a bit confusing for newbies, not to mention something that could get their hopes up looking for said class.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • Can we have a help file listing all the relics you can build and their effects? I think the only way we can see the affects is trawling through the announce posts to find the release notes.

Politics
    NalorSibattiMoireanRiluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Aldric said:

Or were you looking for...
    - AB BLASPHEMY PRESENCES

With this April Fools day prank long past gone, it might be a good idea to remove these abilities from whatever registry is causing them to appear when you're looking for AB files. As awesome as some of the skillsets sounded, I imagine it could be a bit confusing for newbies, not to mention something that could get their hopes up looking for said class.

That's actually part of what I'm working on right now.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Someone should fix the thirteen-pointed star of the Indorani items. They add dots to the worn line which is just so annoying.
  • @Oleis @Trigru‌

Directory,, if a shop is shut down can it be made so it doesn't show them items on DIRECTORY.. as its such a tease!! Out of all the shops the shop which has what im after is shut down :(

BAD BAD DIRECTORY!
    SolariaIshin
    @‌Oleis
    @‌Razmael

Would it be possible to make it available for us to rent artifacts for a temporary time? Maybe for just a few credits or something. @Xenia and I were chatting earlier and that would be really handy for when people go to make big purchases. You could even make it available in arena-only, for pvp stuff, or maybe for an hour in x bashing area for the bashing arties.

Like, I'm sitting on a buttload right now and I don't really know what I want to grab because I'm not sure how the different artifact powers will affect the game for me, you know?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    XeniaMoireanAlissandra
  • I think it was Achaea where they'd let you borrow an artifact and test it out pre-purchase, but you had to ask. Seemed like a solid way to handle it - you'd get to go test your damage in an arena or whatever for five to ten minutes, see the changes you'd get out of it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinAreka
    I'm down with asking, or renting, or whatever.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin