LOVE

Comments

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    All love to @Dhar after that interaction earlier. ALL HAIL THE UNDERKING!!
  • BOO UNDERKING.
  • edited September 2013

Now I miss my dad. An advertisement shouldn't do this to my soul. ;_;

Rest in Peace, you magnificent bastard.
    KerrynTeaniArenAryannePerilunaHavenAarbrok
  • This week has been incredibly rough for me, but the primary thing I've discovered is that I have really amazing people around me.

It could have been a lot worse, but friends and loved ones have banded together to make sure I am supported. Tomorrow I go spend the anniversary of my mister's death surrounded by people who love me, eating delicious food, playing games, and generally being distracted from grief and remembering a beautiful person who I am grateful to have shared seven years with. 

I am thankful that I played IRE games, because without them I'd have never met him, nor my present partner, nor some of the best friends I've had in my life. 

Whether you are 18 or 50, have a living will. Make sure your loved ones know how you want things handled if you suddenly have a medical emergency. Make sure the person you want making decisions for you has that power. It's incredibly rough to find yourself cut out of the loop of medical decisions and replaced by people who have had little to no contact with your partner for half a decade. 
    imageimage
    AryannePeriluna
  • LOVE to all the @Admins behind the Carnival and events! Shame I was busy with work stuff but from what I heard people had ALOT of fun and you did try to get other countries, not just the US involved with the time frame etc!!

So, I guess this is from me and most of the Aetolia base who agree with the above... THANK YOU!!

TeaniEzalorMoireanStathanFerrikAryanneAarbrok
  • I want to echo the above LOVE!
    Very glad that I was back sort of half on time for these new and exciting festivities. The fact that they seemed to have put real thought into catering to all the different crowds (and strengths) of people is very commendable and nicely done. I like to believe that worked out pretty well for the most part!

Can't believe a little text game almost had me nervous over silly things like a reverse spelling bee and story contest! Even with English as a third language I enjoyed it all and tried my best like many others.

In conclusion, thank you it was:

Areka
  • Aetolia's volunteer and production base has never been higher, or had such a committed vision to what they want their game to be about. I don't 'play' the game much any more (I work so damned much, and I'm offpeak anyway) but watching something I've given literally years to, at many levels of input, is very heartening.
    TrigruVidgetMoireanAryanne
  • In another vein...

That ring, Annie...clever girl.
  • I GOT PROMOTED!!!

!!(*(*!(**IOUJDJALDJJ@J@D@

(Highest pay I've -ever- had.)
    SolariaTrigruVidgetHavenTeaniPerilunaAryanne
  • Jon Stewart show last night. Really, John Oliver, what's with the pedobear voice?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Vacation time!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Keurig for having hot cocoa pods on a cool evening with overcast skies, after working 9 days straight.
    I am curled up in bed, on my laptop...happy...

Happy is not something I have been able to say I am for a while, after a rough year where I thought things were going to continuously snowball, in times where I felt like I was on the verge of snapping and losing my mind.  I think of nights like -this- and am grateful to be alive, in good health, and around amazing people.

Thanks to the Aetolian community for rolling with me through my worst of days, for those who have listened to me when depression was set to take me with it, and for new friends I have made along the way.  I look back and know I could have done things different, but...why, it got me to what I can call an amazing new day ahead.

To those who have had a hard time, sit and think of the good times.
    :D
    MoireanMinaraelHaydyn
  • All is forgiven because of Miley Cage.

• My Linear Algebra class. If we could just like...clone my teacher, and have her teach everything? I'd actually like college.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Haydyn
  • Kidnap those teachers! (Not literally.) But really, cherish those kind of professors and save their email addresses. Chances are that if you're down the road and need some teacherly advice, she'd be willing to help you out.

I had an English professor that was like that my freshman year in college and she was my go-to person anytime I was at a dead-end and didn't know where to try next. I tried not to make it be very often, but she was always more than happy to advise me or tell me who could help me.

imageimage
  • So.. I don't know what it is.. but I remember almost never having been able to poke and talk to mobs and actually get a response. It is so refreshing, so surprising as well as fantastic. I have so much love for this.

But seriously, just earlier Ferrik had been poking around some places when...

---

You give a pained sigh.

You take a long drag from a lit slender white cigarette, holding the tropical, sweetly musky smoke in your lungs for a moment.

You exhale an aromatic cloud of smoke, redolent with coconut-flavored scents.

You ponder the situation.

You may seem to be getting nowhere... but part of you, deep down, knows you're working in Spinesreach's best interests.

You have emoted: Ferrik narrows his eyes as he draws on his cigarette, vacant claw balling into a fist before thrusting it in front of him. "You got this."

That's right. You got this. Knock 'em dead.

The deepening dusk yields to impenetrable darkness as night claims the land.

You have emoted: Ferrik stares up into the deep night sky, cigarette tucked on his leathery lips, a single claw of each hand pointing up high as he winks at some far off star.

---

I just... I laughed so hard. I needed to collect myself enough to punch that last emote out before I continued laughing for a good while. Whoever you were, so much love for you. And thank you for.. putting up with all that probing of mine.

AarbrokTeaniMinaraelSetneAryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited September 2013
    That's the cutest thing I've ever read. I love our Gods.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    KerrynAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This impromptu gathering going on right now. Apparently a bunch of Spireans congregated in a pub, someone decided stories were needed and now we've got Severn telling us about Auresae's escapades down in the aqueducts. Cracking up.
    Meyvitch
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The happy reactions the new spire in Spinesreach has gotten. :):):)
    Solaria
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Ezrax said:
    Stumpy doesn't deserve Mikasa.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    I -suppose- that I should put this in love.

I'm back, more or less. Alistaire wont be making an appearance, but those of you (un)fortunate enough to know Neithan can expect some of my antics here and there.
    KerrynTeaniMinaraelPerilunaSaybreMoirean
  • Had a last minute lunch date with one of my favourite people. Made my day :)
    Toz
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Feeling better.  Not a lot but.. it's a start.
    StathanAryanneSolariaXavinJaslineMoireanAarbrok
  • Periluna said:
    Had a last minute lunch date with one of my favourite people. Made my day :)
    You only post this here to earn brownie points with me. :p

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    Periluna said:
    Had a last minute lunch date with one of my favourite people. Made my day :)
    You only post this here to earn brownie points with me. :p
    Psh. I don't need to earn brownie points with you :P
  • First day back at work from vacation and I had a great day. Which is awesome because that never happens. I managed to get an entire week's worth of invoicing done along with all the normal stuff that needs to get done every day. And I have way more energy than I should right now.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I love @Oleis for combo change.
    OleisKerrynAlexina
  • First day on Vacation for two weeks! WOOOOOoOOooo or...EOooOoAaOioo
    StathanPerilunaSetneAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.

I am in love with this song.