Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• You are rather paranoid.
    MunsiaJasline
  • edited July 2013
    Comes with the territory 

At least gods aren't Cliquey here, yet...that I can see....probably are....ILU RAZMAEL 
  • edited July 2013
    Munsia said:
    I guess the problem is I've no interest in the rest of the playerbase as much as I do about the progression of the game itself
    I have to say that your attitude regarding the game is entirely baffling to me.  As far as I am concerned, the other players are what makes the game worth playing.  There are a ton of wonderful roleplayers and writers in Aetolia, and you're really denying yourself a wonderful playing experience by restricting yourself like this and not RPing with them.

If all you're interested in is the 'progression of the game' you should just read event posts and be done with it.
    I am, I come here to the forums when I'm bored because for some reason trolling you guys provides mild amusement. 
  • So, yeah. I don't think aggressive Wheel Sandmen should be able to attack me as a shrub. Just saying.

I also don't think they should stick around once they kill you :/

Tyrai
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I'm as equally baffled with @Munsia and her views of the game as anyone else. "A MUD (/ˈmʌd/; originally Multi-User Dungeon, with later variants Multi-User Dimension and Multi-User Domain),[1][2] is a multiplayer real-time virtual world, usually text-based." (Wikipedia)

Have you missed the whole multiplayer deal of the game? I think that 99% of the people here are actually here to interact with eachother, whether through rp or pk. As for the rp part, I don't think most people care if you are fast or slow, as long as you have a thought behind what you do and make your character come alive.

I usually mix up longer emotes, with shorter emotes, standard emotes and says, depending on the situation. If I have a lot of information to give out at once, I start with a longer emote with some of the information, then give the rest in says to get it out Before people lose interest. But if it's a situation where I can kick back and actually work on the emotes in a relaxed Environment, I do that.

People who don't care about the other players, be it with stranges views of the game or griefing in any way, just get to me and make me ragey. I just don't understand why you are all here, ruining the mood for the rest of us. Which is why I'm pretty happy never to have encountered Munsia.

IllikaalMoireanMinaraelJaslinePhoeneciaAngweAldricArbreAryanne
  • Wow...someone wants to focus on the mechanics and events of the game rather than spend their time typing every 5 minutes with someone who is showing off their text baby. Someone call the feds.

Honestly if someone enjoys focusing on  the combat and other mechanics of this game, what is the problem? Stop crucifying anyone that doesnt play by "your rules". And you wonder why the game has a low population.

inb4 downvotes.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    The problem is the fact that they're judging someone for typing too slowly, and I know this might come as a shock to you as its likely an unfamiliar concept, but thinking about what they want to say/convey before they actually do it. 

If you don't want to roleplay, then don't roleplay. But don't get mad when someone actually takes their time to put effort into a character's personality that they've developed. 

And for the record, because your personal clan has a low population doesn't mean the rest of the game does. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • I really dislike the culture of the current iteration of the playerbase. People are either bored, mindlessly aggressive, or that special subclass of imports from other games who are incapable of understanding their own obnoxiousness.

It feels like everyone I loved playing with has gone and a bunch of really unpleasant boarders have moved in.
    LinMissariKaeus
  • I'm an unpleasant border? :(

• edited July 2013
    There is a big, big difference between being focused on areas other than RP and claiming to dislike the rest of the population while being antagonistic towards people who don't RP to your apparent exacting standards. The first is completely fine. Do whatever floats your boat. The second is not. It creates ..uh.. poor sailing for others. <.<

@Yusri - That's odd, because the culture appears to be a lot more inviting, mature, and engaged than my home MUD. And it seems improved from the last time I was a player here.  

Edit:

...sorry, I had to. -skulks off back to her corner-
    imageimage
    Alistaire
  • Hey look, immigration already reformed.

AngweSetne
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I got stuck in time and now I can't get out.

The sun begins her downward journey towards eventual sleep, casting even, full light upon the land.
    H:8600 M:8899 E:30862 W:30734 B:77% XP:57% [eb]
    Your body begins to pulse with a blinding white aura, and your surroundings suddenly warp around you.
    Your shadow displaces your physical form, sending you to hang motionless in the void.
    Time.
     There are no obvious exits.
    H:8600 M:8899 E:30862 W:30734 B:77% XP:57% [eb]compendium insert page
    You are stuck in time and are unable to do anything.

It's already been a few minutes and I'm not being let out. I can't issue or send messages or anything.
  • People getting banned from forums.

Notsomuch that they're banned, but that I DON'T KNOW WHY AND MY CURIOSITY IS KILLING ME ARRRRRRGHAGKHALSDJFSD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AngweAryanne
  • Yusri said:
    I really dislike the culture of the current iteration of the playerbase. People are either bored, mindlessly aggressive, or that special subclass of imports from other games who are incapable of understanding their own obnoxiousness.

It feels like everyone I loved playing with has gone and a bunch of really unpleasant boarders have moved in.
    I generally agree with you.

I'm in that special subclass and I'm not trying to be annoying. I'm actually just trying to find the in-crowd, I never seem to hear about fights/group rp in Duiran, and I know it's out there somewhere.

Tyrai
  • As an Achaean convert myself, you will do well to never utter the phrase 'in Achaea...' Feel free to sub in whatever game for Achaea.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

StathanLianca
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited July 2013
    Aarde said:

I'm in that special subclass and I'm not trying to be annoying. I'm actually just trying to find the in-crowd, I never seem to hear about fights/group rp in Duiran, and I know it's out there somewhere.
    Aren't you some alt I've picked up as my pet?  I try to keep people around and force them onto my friends, at the very least, but it's easy to lose track.  If you're Tyrai or Ryia or Ukulele (or anyone, for that matter, but I think you're one of those), just keep bothering me - I -want- to RP with you, I'm just distractable.
    I hate the lack of rp in Enorian. I have tried over and over again to strike up conversations with people about various things. I get nothing in return. I have tried to get more involved through ylem, still nothing. I have a few people in the Ascendril talking to me and quite frankly, they are the only people who are keeping me on the Light side. I find far more intruiging rp on the Dark side. Sadly, guildhopping would be completely against my rp, so I have to stick to it, but I am starting to feel I made a mistake.
    CalipsoAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Like Moi's told Sessi, Spines wouldn't care if you are a pacifist, as long as you are an interesting pacifist.
  • Hue Hue Hue. 
  • Sessizlik said:
    I hate the lack of rp in Enorian. I have tried over and over again to strike up conversations with people about various things. I get nothing in return. I have tried to get more involved through ylem, still nothing. I have a few people in the Ascendril talking to me and quite frankly, they are the only people who are keeping me on the Light side. I find far more intruiging rp on the Dark side. Sadly, guildhopping would be completely against my rp, so I have to stick to it, but I am starting to feel I made a mistake.
    At the possibility of being entirely wrong and not at all improving your experience, I suggest taking a stroll through Duiran. It may take some time and looking, but during peak hours, I regularly scent 10+ people hanging out -- most of which are names that I know are always happy to RP. Granted, forestal RP may not be your cup of tea, but it's better than immediately giving up on our side!
    ArbreStathan
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited July 2013
    Sessizlik said:
    As crappy as Enorian can get at times, it's also entirely possible that you've been trying to hit up the wrong people for RP as certain people are better about that sort of thing than others. Also, if you're trying to hit up people at Four Corners, quite a few have a tendency to be AFK.

As awful as it sounds, part of finding good RP involves knowing who to bug or keep sifting through people until you find someone worthwhile for RPing at.

For me personally, I tend to focus primarily on people in my guild since it's easier to find common ground there.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

Sessizlik said:

You should try these people in Enorian to start: @Roux, @Phoenecia, @Aryanne, @Lexen, @Lucus, @Nola (when she stilled played that char), @Kerryn (though she's a bit shy, so just keep prodding her and she'll gradually come out of her shell if she doesn't know you. Best route for her imo is to engage her at her Black Flagon Inn) and uhh I know there's at least one more person who likes to RP that's commonly hanging around.

These people are also good if you can manage to catch them available: @Aren, @Daskalos, @Benedicto, @Daingean, @Areka, @Rivas, @Stathan, @Dato, @Jami, @Saybre, and there are others for sure.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryanneArbreBenedictoStathanLiancaNola
  • edited July 2013
    Arbre said:
    Aarde said:

Aren't you some alt I've picked up as my pet?  I try to keep people around and force them onto my friends, at the very least, but it's easy to lose track.  If you're Tyrai or Ryia or Ukulele (or anyone, for that matter, but I think you're one of those), just keep bothering me - I -want- to RP with you, I'm just distractable.
    I'm Tyrai. Technically an alt, but I hadn't played Aetolia for years, and then had only played for a short time before. So I'm almost fresh and new :D

Tyrai
    Stathan

I find it a bit funny that @Daskalos disagreed with my post, since he is one of the people I sent a msg to -days- ago and asked for a bit of conversation. Still haven't heard back about that.

I have talked quite a bit with @Kerryn about crafting and she's been a huge rock when it comes to that. I have talked to a few of the other people that @Haven mentioned, but nothing ever came out of it in terms of rp.

Sessizlik has little reason to go to Duiran, to be honest, but I can always try to find some reasons for it to see if I find any rp there!

It's not so much that I stand around four corners looking for rp, i just rarely -see- people to poke for rp. I try to announce myself logging in by saying hello on ct, usually never hear a peep back. The foci thing, I know it's not a great place for rp, but I at least try to show that I'm willing to pull my weight.

I admit it is difficult for me to just strike up conversation with random people I don't know, especially now when I have to get to bed somewhat early here in Europe because of work hours, but I will just have to work a bit harder when I can.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

@Sessizlik fair enough.

Don't be afraid to simply butt in or track people down though! That's what I did when I was a newb and found myself quite a few pleasant surprises. @Moirean discovered me that way on the highway after I fled from some wolves as a novice way back when. (Oh the feels from those memories!) My point mainly is that those listed (especially in the first list) have always been down for roleplay in Enorian if you just hop on over and throw an emote at them in my experience.

(Seriously tackle @Roux or @Aryanne when they're paying attention and you're sure to get some interaction.) I'd volunteer myself as well but I often idle/code/whatever these days. (Trying to change that and not doing that great of a job.)

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Sessizlik
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    RAGE at @Eleanor, because this RP is grotesque and I wanna throw up :(
    Eleanor
  • Haven said:

<Tru fax>

<Flattering things>

@sessizlik

*jumps up and down waving her arms* ME ME ME! PICK ME!
    If I'm in a public place, chances are, I am desperate to be RP'd at. You can even make up some total BS about ministry things as an excuse to strike up conversation. Or just stare at Aryanne for awhile until I notice there's someone in the room.
    If I don't respond, you can assume I've stupidly left the game on while wandering off to make food or something and will feel -really- bad when I get back and will probably send you gifts as reparation for my absentee idlebotting.

HavenAlexina
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Can always hit me up for RP too. I know I've got a hood, but I'm usually either in the Medina in Enorian, or in the Delos crafting area, if that helps at all, or somewhere in Jaru. Can always shoot a tell if you aren't sure. That goes for just about anyone. 

@Sessizlik - we've an unfinished line of possible interaction, starting with that cooking stuff, if you ever care to pursue it. 
This discussion has been closed.