Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited June 2013
    The Benandanti of Duiran do not support the hindering of those not counted as exiled foes of the Council.That said, there may be rogue elements operating within the valley counted as the Council's seat. There are no laws against such rogue elements in place at this time and likely never will be, as a Councilor has a right to bear arms. And wolf.
    /political answer forum RP
    Aarde
  • edited June 2013
    Angwe said:
    The Benandanti of Duiran do not support the hindering of those not counted as exiled foes of the Council.That said, there may be rogue elements operating within the valley counted as the Council's seat. There are no laws against such rogue elements in place at this time and likely never will be, as a Councilor has a right to bear arms. And wolf.
    /political answer forum RP
    in other words, he is saying:
    Duiran will do what it wants to ruin the gaming experience of a newly placed quest and it's no ones buisness. *trollface
    CiarelleXavinAngweAtrapoemaDaskalosArbreTeaniOrisaeBenedictoPeriluna
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Orisae said:
    Those weeks when all I really want to do is log into Aetolia and veg out and roleplay.. but real life keeps finding ways of saying 'no, you need to do this'.
    This so much.  My playing time has been hit severely over this last week due to work, interview prep etc. Especially with it being liaison report time what little time I have had has had to be spent going through reports. But! I get tonight and the majority of tomorrow free gaming time so salvation is at hand!
  • I hear you. I'm going to be busy with Father's Day on Sunday but I have most of Friday and Saturday free to snag some roleplay time between grabbing more of my furniture. Be awesome to snag some BENEDICTO TIME (tm).
    Benedicto
  • I don't even have a problem with it (the airbeast and people hunting it) in Duiran. Most people figure out what is going on quite quickly. The problem I have is that it deals roomwide damage to everyone that happens to be on its elevation. And we're not talking 'oh, that's a small attack', no. We're talking like 5k psychic.

And lol, @Calipso. You sound like you're upset about something.

Arbre
  • Xavin said:

Other than hearing that people attempting to do this painfully annoying quest (no not me) are being hindered or thwarted by duiran members for "just because", no not much.

Honestly im not even sure why this large air beast needs to appear near Duiran, should pop up somewhere like the Liruma scrublands or some other isolated location.
    LinMoirean
  • Because the airbeasts are native to the oak? And most people aren't being threatened 'just because'. They're being threatened because they choose to fight the airbeast on the ground, which endangers people who are just lingering around the core of the oak which, you know, is one of the places that people gather in duiran.

• That moment when you're at work, you go 'oh yeah, I need to send a message out but can't log in. Oh! I'll use the website for that.'

Then you log into the wrong character and send the message. Talk about outing yourself.

Benedicto
  • Calipso said:

Xavin said:

Other than hearing that people attempting to do this painfully annoying quest (no not me) are being hindered or thwarted by duiran members for "just because", no not much.

Honestly im not even sure why this large air beast needs to appear near Duiran, should pop up somewhere like the Liruma scrublands or some other isolated location.

I haven't heard anything like that. To the contrary, some random unenemied bloodlochian was hunting it the other day, and we were told to leave it alone.

It was during one of those times you phased into the Council to spy, so you may have missed it. /halfsnarky

Tyrai
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited June 2013
    Oh, @Aarde. Don't you know that the things Azton does while he's in an organization are a infallible barometer for the whole of the organization's wants, lore and standards? It's true! That's how we know, for example, that the Indorani really love Duiran, even if they won't admit it (the big lugs).
    Aarde
  • I don't know the whole story. What I do know is that the admin should likely spawn an air beast out of civilization and Duiran, so that people can participate in the quest.

Tyrai
    ArbreCalipsoAryanne
  • The airbeast does sometimes spawn in ithmia rather than in duiran. But it is my understanding that it sticks in its current location until it's killed.

That said, you're pretty spot on about the situation, Aarde. In general we tell people to leave anyone hunting the airbeast alone. That is, until they decide to land to get away from it or whatever, rather than staying up in the air.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I know I've flat out told people to leave Bloodlochians in Duiran alone so long as all they were doing was hunting the beast and they left immediately afterward.  If you're an enemy to the city, though, yes, we're going to kill you.
  • Xavin said:
    Because the airbeasts are native to the oak? And most people aren't being threatened 'just because'. They're being threatened because they choose to fight the airbeast on the ground, which endangers people who are just lingering around the core of the oak which, you know, is one of the places that people gather in duiran.
    Because the lore and story of the airbeasts is so old and cryptic it cant be changed..? Just simply placing it somewhere else would be for the betterment of the entire community.

I know Haern adores spoiling Duiran and adding to it, but this one quest should really -not- be forcing a gargantuan monster to start swimming around in a city.
  • Calipso said:
    I know Haern adores spoiling Duiran and adding to it, but this one quest should really -not- be forcing a gargantuan monster to start swimming around in a city.

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #375 ----------------------------+

| Entered by: Haern Date: 2013/06/14 16:48:23 |

+--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

The colossal airbeast can now occasionally be found in either the

Eastern Ithmia or the Vintal Glade.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

LinArbre
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited June 2013
    The amusing thing about the airbeast is that if you have to land in order to heal from it in Duiran, you're doing it wrong. You can just stay flying, and you should do just fine. Another amusing bit is that the airbeast is EASIEST to kill in Duiran because there's some really big safe zones you can abuse in the airbeast's roaming range. Outside of Duiran, the airbeast is much harder to kill because of the lack of obvious safe zones.
    Xavin
  • edited June 2013
    It wasn't even my creation!
    AtrapoemaXavin
  • edited June 2013
    Haern said:
    Lies!

Atrapoema said:
    Calipso said:

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #375 ----------------------------+

| Entered by: Haern Date: 2013/06/14 16:48:23 |

+--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

The colossal airbeast can now occasionally be found in either the

Eastern Ithmia or the Vintal Glade.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Occasionally still.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Xavin said:
    Because the airbeasts are native to the oak? And most people aren't being threatened 'just because'. They're being threatened because they choose to fight the airbeast on the ground, which endangers people who are just lingering around the core of the oak which, you know, is one of the places that people gather in duiran.
    Somehow, I suspect if the crocodile spawned for 85% of the time in Bloodloch's sewers, people would be far less happy with this new quest. And, frankly, one of the beasts SHOULD be spawning in Bloodloch to balance it out. It's pretty weird to put a neutral quest mob into a city, both for enemy status and splash damage - at the least balance it out so both sides enjoy the random difficulty to achieve and suffer from the random room damage.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Nah, BL enemies everyone. Duiran only for actual offenses against them. Or for piking Illidan heads at the Great Oak...
    Well, Spinesreach then. Sorry, I kinda got caught up with the idea of a lavacroc.
    RivasAryanneArbre
  • Calipso said:
    Haern said:
    Occasionally still.

@Haern can feel free to correct me, but it sounds as if the airbeast has been moved from Duiran and can now occasionally spawn in either of those two locations.
  • Yah, the airbeast is out of Duiran now.
    Calipso
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It might be easier (calm down those who are frustrated) if the airbeast only spawned occassionally within Duiran, and more often outside, rather than the opposite.

Also, I thought we all knew Duiran is not a city, nor really civilized... *hum*

• Guys, take a moment to read up and read the changelog before posting about this perceived imbalance.
    Changelog might be written weird, because it implies that it will *sometimes* spawn outside of Duiran.
  • It's not how I read it (read it as "it will now occasionally spawn between these two places"), and Haern has clarified that it's been removed from Duiran.

Anyway, my point is that the crisis has been averted.
    Ahh, that's way better then! I totally read that the wrong way! *blush*

My rage is that Aetolia is kinda meh this week. Frustration with PK,  crafting designs being rejected for nonvalid reasons, rude shouts and tells, logging in to messages about being a whore, my period starts soon so I have cramps and PMS, and not really had any fun RP stuff to balance out the meh. 

Bright side is that I am having fun imagining cool things I want for my house and Iosyne has been really awesome. Yay for that. :)
    Lin

• Moirean said:
    Ahh, that's way better then! I totally read that the wrong way! *blush*

My rage is that Aetolia is kinda meh this week. Frustration with PK,  crafting designs being rejected for nonvalid reasons, rude shouts and tells, logging in to messages about being a whore, my period starts soon so I have cramps and PMS, and not really had any fun RP stuff to balance out the meh. 

Bright side is that I am having fun imagining cool things I want for my house and Iosyne has been really awesome. Yay for that. :)
    Things like this really tick me off, and I have a feeling I know who the  culprit is.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2013

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

This discussion has been closed.