What race would you like to see next?

RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
As topic states, just a quick and dirty poll to see which Sapience race you'd like to see released next. There's quite a few races in-game that aren't available to play, after all! Only ten options because that's the max amount polls will allow apparently.

Disclaimer: This was just a fun thought I had while in the shower. It's not an indication of something we're working on, or planning to work on. I just wanted to see what people thought!

p.s. Sapience races only! Albedi races are a bit tricky to release due to lore reasons, as the current endgame system is locked to Sapience races. I haven't included things like Ophidian because limb mechanics don't really favour non-humanoid shaped races, and Ophidians have no legs.

p.p.s. If Tiur tries to bribe you to vote for Seyda, don't believe him. It's all a trick.
SavasSeurimasRijettaLinArchelausAxius

Comments

• RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    I wish I could vote for both Seyda and Minotaur but they are easily my #1 and #2 respectively. Mitrine a cool #3, thanks.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • ArchelausArchelaus Alaska
    edited January 2021
    I'd like to see all of those! The more races the better.
    I'd also like to see:
    Ophidians
    Tsinkin (just kidding)
    Xorali
    Some sort of artificial or non-organic race. Earthen maybe? Though, for lore reasons I can see how they wouldn't work.
    Some sort of plant or tree race. Maybe treants? I know those exist in the game and are sort of like trees. Not sure all the details on them or if that'd be a possibility. If you do HELP TREANT it just says 'coming soon', so might be more there. (Edit: Sylvans! That'd be a cool tree-like race.)
    [Insert annoying gif here]
    Fellow Seyda voters unite! Let us raise our voices in a Big Fox Wave 🌊!!
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    me: haha furries are dumb

also me, when seyda is currently leading:

Rijetta
  • I choose pixie because childhood me had a huge love of fairies and it would be so neat to play a cute lil winged thing 
    Maira
  • Could we get descriptions of the races, for those of us who aren't familiar?
    Discord: Amondrask#8476
    RijettaCayn
    I heard Seyda will make you better at pk
    Lin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I'm just saying, I like Seyda and can edit code. Maybe you message me with something you'd like to see?
  • Really odd thing to think about while in the shower, @Razmael. O_O 
    Rhine
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    All of y'all who didn't vote for goblin are wrong and I hate you. :(

LinMairaFezzix
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Aramaeus said:

Could we get descriptions of the races, for those of us who aren't familiar?

Minotaur - Bovine/Bull humanoids. Full bovine, not half man half bull like some mythological depicitions.

Seyda - Fox people

Goblin/Hobgoblin - Standard fantasy goblins afaik

Mitrine - A human variant with innate affinity to air. I found some notes written about them: Mitrine for the most part appear as Humans do, save that breezes in the area are more likely to visit them for a time. They are often a little slimmer considering their nomadic lifestyle, and wear their hair both loose and in braids for the wind to play with. They trend aquiline noses and high cheek bones. When ritually communing with the wind, the air within them rises from their blood, breath, and bodies in something of a visible mist before drawing back into their skin.

Pixie - Standard fantasy pixie race

Atav - Humanoid birds

Harpy - Standard fantasy harpy race

Drakt - Lizardfolk/Xorani variant

Gnome - Standard fantasy gnome race
    Elene said:

Really odd thing to think about while in the shower, @Razmael. O_O 

Who *doesn't* think about big beefy minotaurs in the shower???
    EleneAramaeusZeheiaGavramelSafiyaMairaTeani
    Razmael has done Seyda a dirty disservice they're cooler than just fox people. They have cool lore ties. Minotaur have ties to Severn and weeb aesthetics. Mitrine are dirty heretic albedi worshippers but have cool mounts.
    Benedicto
  • edited January 2021
    If Minotaurs are made a thing Bul's getting a race change and a history retcon.

I was just told that if I go minotaur I'll never get another description written for me again. :(
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    ZeheiaGavramelBenedictoTaiyang
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Elene said:

Really odd thing to think about while in the shower, @Razmael. O_O 

It's fun that you think that even rates as a weird thought from Raz. Admittedly, the shower isn't his usual choice of odd place.

Seyda. Let's do it.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    Brax
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I voted for others cause I would love to see Caentoi as a playable race, but if I can't have Jackal, I will settle for fox!
    IesidMaira
  • Is there somewhere where Seyda lore is easily accessible? It sort of seems like an out of nowhere choice.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    @Xavin No idea, literally the only reason I know about this foxy race is because of Herolt's Quiz having a question about them. >.>
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited January 2021
    I voted minotaur because I like the idea of more races that are even tangentially related to gods/storylines, and those are very strongly connected to Severn.

I was tempted to put other and write in faeries just because that's what I would have chosen if it had been an option when I made my first character, coming in with no knowledge at all about Aetolia's lore. Some of those really generic kinds of things are nice when you're looking at the character creation screen and have no idea what a nazetu, rajamala, or atavian is, but you do know human, ogre, or the other "standard" fantasy races.
    ArchelausSafiya
  • I forgot what I voted for, but it was definitely one of the "monster" choices Minotaur, Goblin, Atav, Seyda, or Harpy. Give all plz??
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Xavin said:

Is there somewhere where Seyda lore is easily accessible? It sort of seems like an out of nowhere choice.

There might be a book on them in a library somewhere, but the tl;dr is they're Lleis' chosen race/one that she made. Her temple has a few of them in it if it's still accessible.
    RijettaMaira

RijettaZeheia
  • Sentient ghosts that live in cups and tea kettles

• edited January 2021

ValorieRijettaLinNaosIesidTaiyangBenedictoTetchta
  • Seyda of course Oriana is -already- a fox kitten thanks to the vulpine hood...but to be able to be fully a fox? GIMME.
    MairaAxiusLin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think it would be better to leave the Seyda be, since the Caentoi seem quite similar to them in some sense. Since Caentoi are Albedos, leave that for later (potentially).

Archelaus
    Teani said:
    I think it would be better to leave the Seyda be, since the Caentoi seem quite similar to them in some sense. Since Caentoi are Albedos, leave that for later (potentially).
    Ok but we're never going to play an Albedi race
  • MINOTAUR

• edited January 2021
    Lin said:

Teani said:

Ok but we're never going to play an Albedi race
    Ok but we already can play enough furry races
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    LinArchelaus
    Buddy if you think minotaurs aren't furry i have bad news for you
    ZeheiaIesid
  • But they're not cuddly furry, they're smash your face in furry.
    LinArchelausTeaniZeheia