Entropy Curing System

Comments

• Awesome, fixed! :smile:
    K two final questions.... setting this up on my laptop now. Looks like there are some issues with the size of the system components such as the affliction tracker and map. The chat window was also like this but the fixchat command resolved it.

Attached is what my screen currently looks like.

And last question. If I wanted to do a backup in case of a hard drive explosion or something so that I could restore the system and have all the same settings, how would I go about that?
  • Just a quick question, is there a way I can modify it so it doesn't double sip health? I don't know if it is a little bit of lag or what, but I end up drinking health twice a lot.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Got firstaid on? >.>
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Alissandra - what Ishin said.
    @Kalinaar - Same way you'd back up anything else.
  • No, I do not.
  • If the Afflictions tracker and map window is overlapping into the main window how would I move them?
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Your GUI's a bit weird.. I've not had Entropy look like that in a really long time, though it's on the same version mine is.. Has it been -that- long since I've released an update? D:

Update will be posted soon then, that fixes a bunch of things. I'll message you how to fix it when it's out, cause I don't have the old code for that GUI so I'm not sure what the names of the pieces of the UI are called.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Updated! - Have at it.
    Kalinaar
  • edited July 2014
    I'm also getting the weird GUI issue where the map is overlapping the text. What's the fix for that?

Also thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: Never mind. I restarted Mudlet again and it fixed itself.
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
  • Wow Elyni the new update is amazing!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Now I just need people who use secondary resources, so that I can add those for prompt tags. Kai, etc.
    Think I have the wrong phased/blackwind tags too, so those might be iffy...

If anyone could give me the phase/blackwind deflines it'd be great (phasing/blackwinding, what shows up in DEF, as well as when you unphase/human form)
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks! I'm currently using this. Though I had to learn some Lua magix to mod the ui more to my liking. Thaaaanks! :) (and now it looks sweet - thanks even more!)
    funny gifs - pretty much the board feelz..
  • Two quick questions (or maybe not quick?)

First, my little minimap under the tabbed chat zooms way the heck in and I can't use my scroll wheel to zoom out like I used to be able to. How can I zoom it out so the rooms are smaller and there are more of them displayed?

Second, how can I shrink the width of the tabbed chat and the map window to give the main window more space? I know I can set the textwrap in the main window to be smaller so there isn't any overlap, but then it is about 60 characters wide. Since I use the main window all the time and the tabbed chat/map no so much, it makes more sense to shrink those so I have a big enough main screen to work with.

I appreciate any help and thanks for the awesome update!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Firstly, map is fixed because it uses a centering script. Find the centerMap code, and change the number in the parentheses.

Secondly, that would require you to do:

1) Change the width of the chat in the configuration script,

2) Change the widths of the boxes that contain each of them in their respective scripts,

3) Change the width of the map, in the script where the 'Geyser.Mapper' code is located.
  • I found a bug... AND I FIXED IT!

Under Entropy Aliases -> Actions -> Pipes/Syringes -> Wielding

The pattern default is ^wield (\w+)(?: (\w*))?$

Which makes it impossible for you to wield anything on your own because it says, "You do not have " "." Crazy, huh? BUT, @Ishin made me wield stuff using hypnosis, that sneaky guy!

If you put a space inbetween the two wildcards, ala so: ^wield (\w+) (?: (\w*))?$

IT WORKS! EUREKA!

Incase anyone else had that problem...
    IshinTrager
  • edited September 2014
    Geez, thank you! That's one of the things that's driving me nuts.

The other thing is perhaps longer - let's imagine that someone, possibly called Taras, switched from zMUD to use this system. Let's further imagine he's an idiot. I've downloaded the system and think I've figured out how to import it into Mudlet, but I cannot for the life of me get it to do anything. I've run SETUP, and managed to figure out how to set up the pipes and everything, but I cannot figure out how to set it up beyond that. It doesn't know I'm a Templar, it doesn't cure anything, and it won't detect any defences.

Any help to this idiot would be gratefully appreciated.

EDIT: In true idiot spirit, I seem to have overlooked something incredibly basic. I think I've fixed it now, but I'm leaving the post here as a monument to my stupidity.

DOUBLE EDIT: Still not perfect. DEFUP returns the list of active defences, but won't actually put them up. Thoughts?
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Download the most recent version from the website, not the version that's here on the forums.

If that doesn't work: Find the script that creates the herb cures table... Should be somthing like 'function herb_slice_cures()' or something similar... Run that function and it'll detect everything.
  • Yeah, somehow I figured it out. Started working when I typed WHO, of all things.

Really nice system now, thanks for all the hard work!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Updated to reflect new IG changes. See website for changelog. I will put 3.3 on the forums, as well.
  • Which script is it, or where is the location, where I can change the map box and chat box to not overlap at the bottom of the chatbox, top of the map? Seems the map tries to expand OVER the barriers created, just trying to clean it up, otherwise so far it works great!
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    should webs be capturing in tells? Mine currently don't run properly
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited October 2014
    @Cardie: One of the ones in the GUI folder, I can't remember which, it's been a long time since I've looked at the GUI. I'm going to be rewriting it over the weekend / next week in between breaks.

@Jensen: Yes.
    ["newbie"] = "Misc",
    ["market"] = "Misc",
    ["ct"] = "City",
    ["gt"] = "Guild",
    ["gts"] = "Guild",
    ["gnt"] = "Guild",
    ["clt"] = "Clans",
    ["web"] = "Tells",
    ["tell"] = "Tells",
    ["says"] = "Says",
    ["cgt"] = "Misc",
    ["ot"] = "Misc"

Is the table where I've set things to capture. You can change it if you want to, just by doing a search of one of those things, and looking where it's coded, then changing the bit in " ". If it's not capturing, try updating to the latest version.
  • Is there a way for Entropy to not eat all of my non-Entropy stuff upon update? I have been delaying updating because everytime before or had eaten my aliases and whatnot. 

Or are any outside of the Entropy folders truly safe? 
  • the stuff outside the entropy folder -should- be safe @Alissandra‌ well thats how most mudlet systems work.. it should only update the Entropy folder.

you can click 'save profile as' and name it something like Alis111 so if it does eat ya alias you have a backup
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Alissandra
  • Nalor said:

the stuff outside the entropy folder -should- be safe @Alissandra‌ well thats how most mudlet systems work.. it should only update the Entropy folder.

you can click 'save profile as' and name it something like Alis111 so if it does eat ya alias you have a backup

K, I'll try that. Maybe that's been my problem was adding triggers and stuff inside the Entropy folders and then they get overwritten. Oops!
  • First off, I'm not sure if there's already an autobash function in this system already. If so, how do I use it! Otherwise, I attempted to make my own but ran into some problems.

I created a new alias group, saving it outside of the main Entropy folder. Within this I made two aliases:

bashon
    autobash = 1
    echo ("Auto Bashing On")

bashoff
    autobash = 0
    send ("touch shield")
    echo ("Auto Bashing Off")

Beyond this, in the balOn() function, I added this:

if autobash == 1 then
    sendAlias("f")
    end

--------------------------------

My guess is that the variable i create in the bashon/off aliases is not seen in the balOn() function. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
  • The system's autobasher can be toggled using "bashing on" and "bashing off." Try using expandAlias instead of sendAlias for your script, though.
    Trager
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited November 2014
    Better to just use this, rather than expandAlias()
    ksys.bash[ksys.class]()
    I use my own separate basher, completely unrelated to Entropy for my bashing, and that's the function I use for sending the attack. (No I won't give out my basher)
  • Unless I'm being particularly dense, The bashing on function seems to do nothing. I still have to repeatedly enter f or else after the initial attack i'll just heal forever and never attack again... any reason?
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Not sure. Might be that it's not recognising you've attacked. Prolly an issue with the new Carnifex changes (which should've been fixed in the most recent update...) - Not really in a position where I can look fully into it right now, unfortunately, but that's all I can think off. Worked for my other 3 classes when I last played a week ago.