Entropy Curing System

Comments

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Xirien / anyone else who was using this.

SEE: FIRST POST.
  • Thanks again for doing this. Will try it out when I get a chance.
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    So awesome you're making this available. Thank you so much.
    Ashmer
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Entropy v2.1 (07/05/14)
    -Added support for Sentinel/Shaman classes.
    -Added refiller script (currently concoctions only)
    -REFILL # [type] to use.
    -Added tattooing script
    -INK [type] [person] to use.
    Will ink on first available bodypart. Leave blank to ink on yourself.
    -Added tracking of your own afflictions, anchored to the bottom right corner of screen.
    -tron/troff to enable/disable if you don't want to see it.

-Changed defence list to make it more easy on the eyes.
    -Removed a lot of unnecessary triggers and such from an outdated version.
    -Cleaned up some code to make certain parts less spammy.
    -Fixed the ELIXSUM alias to differentiate between undead/living cures, too.

(PS, since I've had the question asked a couple of times. To set the tabbed chat up, navigate to the Tabbed Chat triggers subfolder in the Entropy list, and change the colours on the colour trigger lines to match your own. Note, the colours are in the same order they appear as on CONFIG COLOUR)
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Haaaate the new editing process for forum posts so will post it here in a new post. (Will update the original post to reflect all of this when everything has been completed.)

'EBS' has been attached to the initial post, what is this you ask? It is my answer to an annoying problem of manually switching targets when an area has a lot of specific different ones. (Looking at you, Tiyen.)

Currently this only supports Tiyen, but lucky for you it is easy to add support for other areas.
    - To enable, simply type HINSTALL - This will load the default table for you, and enable to you use everything else.
    - Each time afterwards you will need to do HLOAD when logging in, so that the table can be repopulated. In future,
    Entropy will do this by itself if enabled to, but for now I have other things to be doing.
    - To add new mobs, type HADD and then click the corresponding things you would like to place into the list.
    - The opposite can be achieved by doing HREMOVE.
    - Finally, if you want to change priorities for killing denizens (such as cutters in Tiyen), do HSHOW and then click
    the arrows to adjust them.

Credits to Guhem of Achaea for the basis of this.
  • ..Probably gonna yoink that functionality for my own nefarious ends. Thanks!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Elyni
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Entropy 2.1 Update #2 (11/05/14)
    -Added Templar support for both deffing and bashing.
    (Currently only Bastard Sword, if you use anything else, you'll need to add in the lines yourself at the moment)
    -Added CFS tracking for lazy people, like so:
    Credits currently available for purchase:
    40 credits at 4500 gold per credit.
    24 credits at 4600 gold per credit.
    40 credits at 4700 gold per credit.
    17 credits at 4800 gold per credit.
    27 credits at 5000 gold per credit.
    5 credits at 5690 gold per credit.
    15 credits at 5996 gold per credit.
    200 credits at 7777 gold per credit.
    1 credits at 64999 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 369 shown (369 total) (Average sale price: 4325)
    Average credit price is: 4695 || Can buy: 5
    Use CREDITS BUY AT to purchase.
    [6400(104)|5145(106)-(105)|(106)] ~0~ [B:100%] [db--b] 43.56%

*Also fixed a bug with Insomnia trying to redef it with the Survival skill if you didn't have it.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Entropy 2.1 Update #3 (14/05/14)
    -New option for endgame users with chameleon ability.

-Fixed bugs where limb damage wasn't updating for pre-restoration applications.
    -Fixed bugs where cure tables weren't loading at all for some people.
    -Fixed bug that was preventing monks from transmuting.

As usual, if you've any suggestions / find any bugs, feel free to post here or message/talk to me in-game about them.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    2.1.1 (15/05/14)

-Added Ascendril / Channel functionality.
    (still need someone for Sciomancer, though!)
    -Fixed gripping.

-could also use someone for Bloodborn, if possible.

Enjoy. Suggestions always welcome, as per usual.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    What do you need for Bloodborn?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Ashmer said:

What do you need for Bloodborn?

Erm. Defence list, with lines that follow this-
    Example:
    Putrefaction
    -PUTREFACTION (command to put it up)
    -Requires equilibrium and balance to put up.
    -Uses equilibrium to put up.
    -You concentrate for a moment and your flesh begins to dissolve away, becoming slimy and wet. (Line for applying defence) (The line that shows when the ability is used)
    -You are bathed in the glorious protection of decaying flesh. (Line that shows in DEF)

Bashing attack+line, such as:
    DECAY
    ^You reach out with your withered finger and stroke (.*), who screams in agony as .+ form withers beneath your touch.$ (wildcards not needed, I can figure those out myself)

And that's basically it for support to be added for the class. Automating rituals is not going to be done, those are up to the BB to figure out for themselves.
  • BB uses frenzy soo its the same as Prae... or nightstalkers :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Yay for updates:

Added an EINSTALL command to help people with setting it up.
    Just wanted to push this out for people, have other things I'm working on which I may implement soon.
  • Just thought I'd share;

I like the aff tracker but it was in the way of my room desc (small monitor) so I had a play around and found it can be moved around buy finding "Self-Affliction Tracker" in scripts and then tweaking the values on the third line.

I ended up with x = "47%", y = "1%", for now but you'll need to play around with it to find what you like.

Once again, fantastic work Elyni. Thanks for doing all this for us!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    2.2 (22/05/14)

-Bloodborn finally added, thanks to @Alice.

Cleaned up a lot of unused stuff, as well as organised/commented a lot to make it easier to follow/understand.

Looooong overdue (something every system should really have upon release)
    Precaching has been added. (This means keeping herbs in your inventory, in case of locks which prevent you from curing [because you can't take herbs out], HOPEFULLY it's all working, but as I'm the only tester, I cannot be 100% certain!)

'econfig pc on' has more info. 'econfig pc off' will disable. Will not take herbs out when paused, obviously.

As usual, if you have ideas or suggestions, or any issues, feel free to contact me here or in-game.
    SheirosiaAshmerAlice
  • Hmm, having trouble getting it going. I even made a new profile +GMCP enabled and followed install directions. EINSTALL (capslock or no)
    & 'system' doesn't seem to be answering to anything, just receiving Aet's prompt. Help?

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    2.2.1 (23/05/14)

Another thing that every system really should have upon release... Finally added the ability to change up pipe/salve/herb (and undead equivalent) priorities on the fly.

ESHOWP will show base settings (as well as Entropy's other misc settings, as well as clickable links to bring up the current priorities [which reset upon login]).

econfig (herb/salve/pipe/slice/poultice/syringe) (affliction) in order to change them up. Note, undead commands will also work for living (so enconfig slice paresis will still work if you're a lifer)

@Alice; I can't really do much without specific information... Open your triggers and click the 'error' tab and pastebin what it's showing to me.

As per usual, it may be a bit buggy as I'm the only real tester of things (and as such, have the completely 'bug free version', so it all works fine for me) - But I aim to fix things as soon as I can.
    Ashmer
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Apparently I'm bad and can't code properly x.x

Fixed curing (if anyone was having issues with the new version...)

return true/false statements are not usually my deal...
  • @elyni You just made a bashing experience in Aetolia manageable for me. <3
    AliceSheirosia
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Yaaay big update. - See first post.
  • Anyone have a moment to help me out? I can't seem to get the curing and auto-sip (or auto-stick, as it were) to work.

The recurring error seems to be:
    [ERROR:] object: function:
    <[string "function herb_slice_cure()..."]:6: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected,
    got nil)>

I went ahead and put my whole error log here though, in case there's something important in there I'm not picking up on:

http://pastebin.com/rMSat0ej
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    I know I've said this before, but honestly, seeing people willing to invest time in projects like this warms my heart to no end. Keep up the good work, mate.
    IshinAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    How the fk are people still getting that bloody error. x.x

Nvm. Forgot to apply update to undead curing.. Only did the living side...

Fixed!
    ZakarelSreo
  • Hi Elyni,

Just installed Entropy and I've been playing around with it a bit. The system works great! The only bug I have with it right now is that the chat output window seems to overlap my main window and I can't figure out how to fix it.

• Have you tried entering FIXCHAT into the command line?
    Kalinaar
  • Have you tried entering FIXCHAT into the command line?

<3 you...
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Holy geez, I thought my screen was small ._.
    Alternatively, you can go into the tab chat script and change the characters per line (width) and the amount of lines it keeps (height) within the config part of the script.
  • You are amazing Elyni. I finally got this working on my desktop which honestly wasn't very difficult even for someone not skilled in coding. It looks great and works great. For some reason, doing the same install on my laptop didn't go so well. Typing defup doesn't prompt the system to activate all defenses like it does on my desktop. I've done einstall and such already. I'll have to dig into that tomorrow and figure it out unless anyone knows off the top of their head what would cause that.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited July 2014
    do: lua herbSliceConfig()
    Bug that happens when mudlet starts too fast, or too slow, and doesn't create the table (which should hopefully be fixed in the next update [for real this time])

Also, if you're playing on a screen like that, might I suggest opening up mudlet preferences and decreasing font size a bit.