What Bug Bugs You the Most?

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Amelas said:
    If I try to ' fill 2 empty from cauldron', I get:
    You do not possess a 2.

I am not aware you could use a number in front of empty to fill from...  the syntax on ab reanimation fermenting still says... FILL <vial> FROM <cauldron>

however there is still that vial bug where you make two vials worth and it fills the first vial with 200 instead of the 100 which removed the full liquid from the cauldron and you still need to create one more to fill the second vial.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Macavity said:
    Amelas said:
    If I try to ' fill 2 empty from cauldron', I get:
    You do not possess a 2.

I am not aware you could use a number in front of empty to fill from...  the syntax on ab reanimation fermenting still says... FILL <vial> FROM <cauldron>

however there is still that vial bug where you make two vials worth and it fills the first vial with 200 instead of the 100 which removed the full liquid from the cauldron and you still need to create one more to fill the second vial.  
    Yea, I guess I read the announce post wrong... <.<
  • Bug #6693:

The Greenfoot bug, where it stops sprouting Overgrowth if I Consume or Surge Overgrowth. To get it to fire again, I have to leave the room and re-enter.

It bugs me because its our Transcendent skill.

• SECT CHALLENGE, plz to make work. 
    EzalorIsto
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    That you can sip chalices while already under the effect of a chalice (you can't eat chocolates while already benefitting from them, not sure about grimstim pills).
    MastemaArbreXenia
  • edited June 2013
    Engage not stoping gallop and dash

Horsemanship
  • I'm told that Fording negates Engage too. :(
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My new most hated bug:

Bug #8202   Reported by: Moirean
    Novices: Guild tutors aren't giving the preset novice greeting (set by GUILD NOVICEGREETING) when kids finish the introduction. I've tried berating our tutor, but she still seems to refuse to greet the new recruits.

This may seem somewhat minor, but it means kids aren't told what to do if nobody is online and it makes it harder to see when new members join. Also, it's tiring to type out the same thing every time we get a new member.
    LinXenia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I would say you're perfectly justified using a trigger or alias until they get that fixed.
    I don't mind manually responding, and have been doing that for each newb I see, it's just I worry about what happens when I'm not online and nobody is around to tell the kid how to get started. :/
  • edited July 2013
    Well, before the implementation of tutors greeting novices, we existed fine for years and years. I don't think it's going to hurt anything for a couple of novices to go without until it's fixed, especially if they're joining a city that can help point them in the right direction.

Edit: So I'm clear, I'm not saying it's something that can wait, I'm just trying to allay your concerns for the time being.
    Lin
  • Bug #8199   Reported by: Vharen
    2013/06/30 16:06:01: "A refill of an euphoric serum" should be "a euphoric" due to the sound of the starting syllable.

I've taken to calling them oo-phorics for now. When I start doing more than ratting and bashing, I'll probably have better bugs. :(

Are you kidding, that one would drive me insane.
  • Bug #8209   Reported by: Kaeus
    2013/07/01 22:42:10: it looks like gmcp.Char.Items is not sending a .Add when a corpse of a mob is created 
    (and doesn't send a .Remove when it is picked up). Also, when the mob dies, a .Remove event is not fired to 
    indicate that mob being removed from the room

Recently reported, but I've heard of this being a problem way in the past. I've just never wanted to use GMCP for mob targeting until recently.
    You can merge 8147 into that in that case!
  • When switching class you suddenly stop wearing a shield, even though shieldstance is in a neutral skillset (Weaponry), which drives me utterly bonkers. Don't have a specific BUG #, as I think last time I made it, it was merged into another, but I haven't seen anything done with it.
    Kaeus
  • Saybre said:
    When switching class you suddenly stop wearing a shield, even though shieldstance is in a neutral skillset (Weaponry), which drives me utterly bonkers. Don't have a specific BUG #, as I think last time I made it, it was merged into another, but I haven't seen anything done with it.
    Think thats intensional rather than a bug, as armour does the same...

• Armor is class specific, so that makes sense. Shields are not! Weaponry is something you have in any class, so why would you suddenly stop wearing your shield? That does not compute.
    All of your defences get stripped. Shieldstance is included in this.
  • ..That still doesn't make any sense.
    When you log off, your defences (besides starburst) are stripped. Yet I'm still wearing my shield.
    When you change class, your weapons don't suddenly fly out of your weaponbelt.

Versus armor, which can only be worn per type per class, so it makes sense to fly off your body, as if I go from Templar(fullplate) to Lycan(No armor) and my fullplate is still on..that'd be pretty boss and ridiculous.
    I could still potentially use shield in Lycan..just would be pretty dumb. One claw! RAWR!

I'm honestly failing to see what combat ramifications/etc there really is. It takes absolutely nothing to wear the shield when you switch, whatsoever. It's just...annoying. Hence it being a nice QOL updoot to keep it worn.
  • It's easier to code that all defenses are stripped on class switch (to avoid classes getting defenses they shouldn't have access to) than it is to pick and choose and create a whitelist/blacklist.
    stripPlayerDefenses = function (player)
    	for def,param in pairs(db[player].defenses) do
    		if def ~= "shieldstance" then
    			db[player].defenses[def] = false
    		end
    	end
    end
    Setne
  • I'm aware that it's easy to code exceptions, but a single line (or however little it takes) meant to strip all defenses is still easier, which is my point.
    Yusri
  • Exceptions also lead to shitty snowflake code.
    Atrapoema
  • Bugs:
    Bug #7989   Reported by: Saybre
    2013/06/02 03:27:53: Artifact weaponbelts are described as being able to hold double the weapons of a regular weaponbelt. Regular weaponbelts are made to hold 6 weapons. Yet artifact weaponbelts cap at 11. Ankyrean math appears to be off in this regard.

8187 - This one isn't so much a bug as..only partially introduced the actual liaison report.
    Bug #8187   Reported by: Saybre
    2013/06/28 00:30:59: Bladefire - Resonance: Per Report 1312 decision and Announce 2146, the skill was changed to be set as a timer. However, it is still giving an active affliction that is cured with goldenseal.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Pinch block being bugged with no 1st or 3rd person message when it fires...for like....ever
  • Looks like my previous one is hopelessly buried by now, time to post another!

Bug #8253   Reported by: Ilyon
    2013/07/06 09:14:22: Loneliness: the affliction is now supposed to prevent all active movement commands except tumble, as
    long as nobody is in the target room (announce 2149). However, this is not the case, it still behaves identically to how it
    used to prior to the change, commands such as leap still go through.

• This: (8310)
    You have been slain by Xavin.
    A diabolic laugh splits the air as a demonic hand reaches forth from the darkness to grab you by the 
    waist with unholy speed. Although you try to escape its grasp, it pulls you from the living world 
    and towards your eternal damnation.
    H:0 0 5251 M:5080 92 5500 E:99 W:99 B:100 0 Ess:81 XP:3301456 3820162 86.42% [ eb]

Vibrating slightly, the humming of Xavin's lodestone increases in pitch as a stack of 2 liver slices 
    flies into his hands.
    H:0 0 5251 M:5080 92 5500 E:99 W:99 B:100 0 Ess:81 XP:3301456 3820162 86.42% [ eb]

You are dead and cannot do that.

You can't reform your body here.

Bug 7840 and bug 8036. Between these two bugs, I can't use about 1/3 of my brewing patterns. :(
  • So going through coding some attack checks, and I come across this..Which Lord knows how long this typo has existed IG.

How long have Lycans been around..like..literal years and years?

^(%w) savegely bites into your gut, giving a squeal of pleasure.$

And I assure you, that although I grab this from my triggers, that is not a typo on -my- end, that's how they spell 'savagely' IG with that attack. GUT is the attack in ferality, I believe. I'm Typoing it..just...How has no one noticed this before?